cftbl (resized).png
Good-Fellas-Hilarious (resized).jpg
IMG_0227 (resized).PNG
IMG_0228 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
1B5258A5-CA64-44A8-A136-0E67AB27EA9A (resized).jpeg
1C5F229B-CFFC-4634-8333-38175284C980.gif
A1C58467-1A7A-4CBB-B212-199587B60DD6 (resized).png
There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 4 years ago

I think the ball physics on these B/W tables suck. TPA was better but not perfect either. Get rid of that stupid ball trail too. I’m not paying for anything until they start releasing some new titles not already done.

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think the ball physics on these B/W tables suck. TPA was better but not perfect either. Get rid of that stupid ball trail too. I’m not paying for anything until they start releasing some new titles not already done.

You have to change the mode from... I'm forgetting but I'm sure someone will remember what they're specifically called, but the the default mode is with easier physics, table animations, and ball trails, while the Arcade(?) mode is with realistic physics and none of the things mentioned previously.

#253 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

You have to change the mode from... I'm forgetting but I'm sure someone will remember what they're specifically called, but the the default mode is with easier physics, table animations, and ball trails, while the Arcade(?) mode is with realistic physics and none of the things mentioned previously.

I believe it’s called “classic mode” and you have to go into the UI menu to turn all the other BS Off. The stupid score pop ups were the most annoying IMO.

#254 4 years ago

I should buy a kiddie console switch to enjoy FX3?

Good-Fellas-Hilarious (resized).jpgGood-Fellas-Hilarious (resized).jpg

I have been trying, but I'm a long way from warming up to pinball FX.

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I should buy a kiddie console switch to enjoy FX3?
[quoted image]
I have been trying, but I'm a long way from warming up to pinball FX.

Pick up a Switch, you won't be disappointed. It's a great console. Also, these games are VERY well done. Much more polish than Farsight. Sure, you have to disable all the Get Z targeted crap, and change the physics setting, but once you do they play and look fantastic.

#256 4 years ago

I downloaded it a few days ago and its great

#257 4 years ago

On roadshow on Nintendo Switch the left ramp is Very hard to pass, right flipper is not enought strong :/

2 months later
#258 4 years ago

Anyone else noticed that they'r using wrong coil stops?

Way too easy to stop the ball.

cftbl (resized).pngcftbl (resized).png
2 months later
#259 4 years ago

tried playing these again recently, and I still don't like the physics. Tried playing Safe Cracker, and the ball moves so fast sometimes that I can't even react fast enough. I mean, like rocket speed. Went back to Far Sights version, and had no problems and the ball movement felt natural.

Sometimes the FX version seems fine, but it feels like the flippers and coils are SUPER DUPER strength at times. And other times, it just feels like the table is set at like 12 degrees. Thought they fixed this a long time ago, but it just doesn't feel natural to me and isn't very fun. Glad I bought all the Far Sight tables through Steam.

But maybe this is just an issue on the PC version? Just feels like the pinball games back in the day, where if you turned on the Turbo button, it was harder to play. Maybe my machine is just too powerful? LOL

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

tried playing these again recently, and I still don't like the physics. Tried playing Safe Cracker, and the ball moves so fast sometimes that I can't even react fast enough. I mean, like rocket speed. Went back to Far Sights version, and had no problems and the ball movement felt natural.
Sometimes the FX version seems fine, but it feels like the flippers and coils are SUPER DUPER strength at times. And other times, it just feels like the table is set at like 12 degrees. Thought they fixed this a long time ago, but it just doesn't feel natural to me and isn't very fun. Glad I bought all the Far Sight tables through Steam.
But maybe this is just an issue on the PC version? Just feels like the pinball games back in the day, where if you turned on the Turbo button, it was harder to play. Maybe my machine is just too powerful? LOL

AH. Well, never mind. I guess I forgot they have two physics modes. The old Zen physics and new arcade physics. There'e Single Player (old) and Single Player Classic (new). Just wished they remove the old one.

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

AH. Well, never mind. I guess I forgot they have two physics modes. The old Zen physics and new arcade physics. There'e Single Player (old) and Single Player Classic (new). Just wished they remove the old one.

I cant really tell a difference between arcade and classic?

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I cant really tell a difference between arcade and classic?

Besides the esthetic visuals between the 2 I’m on your side....plays identical. Waaaay better than anything else out there too.

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Besides the esthetic visuals between the 2 I’m on your side....plays identical. Waaaay better than anything else out there too.

After I posted that it seems like maybe I heard you have to unlock classic mode maybe or something? I dont know it's kind of confusing really. I like how pinball arcade plays the best but I love Zens graphics.

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

After I posted that it seems like maybe I heard you have to unlock classic mode maybe or something? I dont know it's kind of confusing really. I like how pinball arcade plays the best but I love Zens graphics.

To be fair to zen. Their graphics are better, and also their games need less resetting from switches or mechs getting locked up between games. Yes, its digital pinball, but the pinball arcade can have some wonkiness from switches not working or diverters staying on and not behaving normal, so you have to go back out and restart the game.

With that said... TPA is much better overall. You can play multiple games quicker and easier. Their physics are better. I don't know why, but a lot of ramps for teh classic zen ones the ball barely gets to the top of the ramp. Its like they never played road show or MM before. Or maybe they just played one machine that someone who doesn't know how to setup pinball setup for them.

Also... Just for fun I decided to play their MM and they censer a lot of the princess animations... WTF!!!!! I mean really... Nothing risque going on with those animations why are they being censored. They're censer happy and quite frankly... While I like the powerups that you can have... TPA is much better overall.. I just wish that company didn't throw in the towel.

#265 4 years ago

And lastly... There is a slight difference in the physics between their modes. Its minor. The best way to tell is how the dead bounces work.
One thing I don't like about Zen pinball..
Again I don't think the programers really play pinball that much and know anything about it really. Sure they get the rules right... Bravo... But, you can't really post transfer or post pass with their games. It takes too much time and is so inconsistent its really not worth doing. If you can't get something so basic right... Now, pinball arcade had a bit of wonkiness with their post passes, but it could be done, and without too much fiddling.
Now, since this is a digital game, it does tend to be easier to get dialed in(at least for me). So I generally just hit a ramp to get it on the flipper I want.

And one last note. I finally conquered the kingdom in MM. Haven't ever been close in real life. I think 4 castles destroyed and maybe one or two of the champion requirements.

But, I do know my digital strategy would work in real life. Just haven't had too much time on a real machine. So I am happy about finally beating that wizard mode. Now to get it on a physical machine.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

On roadshow on Nintendo Switch the left ramp is Very hard to pass, right flipper is not enought strong :/

Not just the switch. Its on the ps4 as well. Its annoying as in real life I've never had that much issue hitting that ramp. you need to get it just right. Its quite frankly BS, and one reason why I think Zen are kind of hacks... Do they not play the games in real life, do they not test their machines before release... Do they not after release make tweaks or upgrades. I think the answer to this is, of course they do, but they don't care.

For me. I try to play any game I own on the Pinball arcade still there. And I only play games I don't have the TPA version of... Sadly I never owned Road Show, so I can't play that one. Have to play the zen version of it.

#267 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Not just the switch. Its on the ps4 as well. Its annoying as in real life I've never had that much issue hitting that ramp. you need to get it just right. Its quite frankly BS, and one reason why I think Zen are kind of hacks... Do they not play the games in real life, do they not test their machines before release... Do they not after release make tweaks or upgrades. I think the answer to this is, of course they do, but they don't care.
For me. I try to play any game I own on the Pinball arcade still there. And I only play games I don't have the TPA version of... Sadly I never owned Road Show, so I can't play that one. Have to play the zen version of it.

Some of them seem to play good and others just play way too fast and like shit. They do seem to ignore the fact that some of the tables need some fine tuning.

#268 4 years ago

Was playing MM last night, and holy crap I could not get up either ramps like 90% of the time. Even shots that felt good and solid. I know the real table is hard, but every time I always know it could have been a better shot.

Sucks that Far Sight just seems to have given up on everything. Like What happened to doing all the Stern games?

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Was playing MM last night, and holy crap I could not get up either ramps like 90% of the time. Even shots that felt good and solid. I know the real table is hard, but every time I always know it could have been a better shot.
Sucks that Far Sight just seems to have given up on everything. Like What happened to doing all the Stern games?

That's a good question. I wonder if Farsight is even still in business? I know the GB table that they did was really awful.

#270 4 years ago

I still get newsletters from Farsight/TPA every once in a while. I asked in a email why they haven’t produced/digitized new games in a long time and they responded back with a “stay tuned”. I personally like TPA better than Zen so I hope they can somehow continue the Stern relationship and start getting more of the Whitestar and SAM games digitized.

#271 4 years ago

looks like Farsight are doing a digital pinball soon

farsight (resized).jpgfarsight (resized).jpg
#272 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

The left ramp in particular was a bit too difficult. And also there is a point where it glitches a bit and will slowly roll up the ramp and finish off.

The right ramp though I felt was accurate. That is a hard ramp shot... What wasn't accurate is... MM is a little less forgiving when the balls roll down the ramps. This game it was pretty forgiving... But, yes... That is my point. They don't really get the ramps right. Because, the left ramp is way, way wonky and not working how it should.

But, then again with the censoring of the animations for that one. I think I'll stick to the pinball arcade. And this means. I doubt they will ever do an Elvira.

And I hope Farsight will release something new. I don't get it. They had a the Stern deal... So much cool games to choose from. Maybe they can't afford Deadpool, but Black Knight Sword of Rage would be amazing.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

looks like Farsight are doing a digital pinball soon[quoted image]

I bought thte first model of that pinball machine. Its not very good. I do'nt have any hopes for the future of that model or brand for Digital pins.

#274 4 years ago

I think Farsight has been focusing on other things to bring more money in, at the expense of TPA honestly. Most people have already moved on and either stopped playing virtual pinball, moved to FX3, or moved to Visual Pinball in spite of the extra effort.

I've been watching the Arcade1Up and Toyshock stuff (I agree that the Toyshock is pretty lackluster, even without physically trying a unit, the Arcade1Up is sounding like it's a lot more into "we know what you virtual people really want"), although we're outside the target market because we have a home built virtual pincab here now running FX3 - I haven't yet attempted to do Camera Mod to get TPA on it, given that we have over 800 tables on it right now between FX3, Pinball Wicked, Timeshock, Zaccaria, Visual Pinball and Future Pinball.

#275 4 years ago

LOL! I FINALLY got a Safe Cracker token from Zen. And instead of rolling out like it should, it rolls out like a drunk uncle stumbling down the front stairs, while holding a bottle of Jack.

#276 4 years ago

TPA has vacuum lanes for a lot of their shots. Balls basically only have so much variance, and often get pulled into lanes and up ramps, whether you shot it there actually or not.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

TPA has vacuum lanes for a lot of their shots. Balls basically only have so much variance, and often get pulled into lanes and up ramps, whether you shot it there actually or not.

And also TPA also has balls that fly out of the table. I lost a multiball one time because of this. The good thing is if you're only in single ball play it autoplunges a new ball for you, and it doesn't end the ball.

Both systems have issues. But, I prefer TPA over zen. Zen's camera angles are also not as good. In a lot of games for TPA I can easily see the rollover lanes, but in ZEN pinball... Nope. Only way I can see them is if I do the moving camera. And I prefer a static camera... Truthfully... TO me that is the biggest issue I have with Zen. Hate their camera angles. The other issues I can look past.

But... I won't lie. I love the rewind special ability. It adds an element of fun to the game. Might be cheating, but its a video game, and I always loved cheat codes in video games!

1 year later
#278 2 years ago

Why did these guys pickup the Williams license only to stop after a few games? It’s been over a year now. Aren’t they done with my little pony yet? Where the **** is BSD

Tried it on my phone and surprised how bad the physics are. I’m not paying for the pro physics but maybe that’s better? I preferred TPA I think.

#279 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I preferred TPA I think.

I prefer TPA too, but FarSight all but gave up before they lost the B/W license and have not released any Stern/Gottlieb titles in forever. (BBH and WNBJM were last?) Put something out and take my money FarSight!

I would be surprised if Zen is having much success offering the B/W titles we already own on TPA.

#280 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Why did these guys pickup the Williams license only to stop after a few games? It’s been over a year now. Aren’t they done with my little pony yet? Where the **** is BSD
Tried it on my phone and surprised how bad the physics are. I’m not paying for the pro physics but maybe that’s better? I preferred TPA I think.

The pro physics are definitely better but I have no freaking clue who had the bright idea to lock them behind a paywall. The mobile app is just a mess of scummy free-to-play monetization tactics unfortunately.

#281 2 years ago

The Williams tables played SO well on the iPad in the Williams app. The app itself is awful with all the microtransations ads, etc. man just give me the option to buy the tables and turn all that other stuff off. But the tables themselves are great! they would have gotten more $ from me if they just let me buy them straight up.

Apple Arcade pinball. Well. It’s interesting…. Attack from Mars is in the arcade app and the Williams app. And for whatever reason I prefer the play on the Williams app. I believe the Apple Arcade app is on unreal engine…. I’m not sure about then Williams app.

Anyhow sounds like they are in the process of shifting everything over to unreal… which probably makes sense for the studio…. I’m sure that up is a ton on work. FX has been delayed to next year which is a big bummer. I have held off buying anything from them until we see where it is all headed… going to have to rebuy everything…. Which is ok….as long as it is all new and shiny and with better physics….

But just like you guys…. Give me Williams tables….. I am also hoping that they have the stern license, Would like to have some LOTR, TRON, etc…. And while we are at it…. Why not spooky, AP, etc…..

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

The pro physics are definitely better but I have no freaking clue who had the bright idea to lock them behind a paywall. The mobile app is just a mess of scummy free-to-play monetization tactics unfortunately.

I don’t know how they expected to make any money with this. You can grind out all the tables to 2-stars for free. There’s no reason to go past that.

While you do that, you earn Zen coins, so I almost have enough coins to buy the pro physics unlock.

Then there is literally nothing to spend money on. Like… do they think people playing these tables want sparkling ball trails and skins? Who’s going to pay real money for that?

It’s like they know nothing about pinball.

#283 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I don’t know how they expected to make any money with this. You can grind out all the tables to 2-stars for free. There’s no reason to go past that.
While you do that, you earn Zen coins, so I almost have enough coins to buy the pro physics unlock.
Then there is literally nothing to spend money on. Like… do they think people playing these tables want sparkling ball trails and skins? Who’s going to pay real money for that?
It’s like they know nothing about pinball.

Yup. I would have gladly given them $50 to buy all the table packs like on consoles, but I only ever bought one pack of Zen coins and then grinded daily rewards for a few months to get the rest of the tables. I somehow doubt they made as much money in ad revenue.

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Like… do they think people playing these tables want sparkling ball trails and skins? Who’s going to pay real money for that?

I dunno man, I’d bet they’re net +$ on those.

I mean… have you seen some of the shit that people will pay “real money” for to put on/in/under their machines?

1 week later
#285 2 years ago

I hadn't played the iPad version for a while now. Loaded up my app, and nothing would load. Just errord out. Then I realized the app hadn't been updated for a while. After the update, I discovered the horrid new model. I left a "nice" review for them about the change. Their response was basically, if you want to play unlimited pinball without the micro-transactions, go to their Zen Pinball app and play their fake tables. Seriously? You've got that backwards. Use your made up tables for this horrible model, and make the real tables play like real pinball. Stupid stupid.

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I hadn't played the iPad version for a while now. Loaded up my app, and nothing would load. Just errord out. Then I realized the app hadn't been updated for a while. After the update, I discovered the horrid new model. I left a "nice" review for them about the change. Their response was basically, if you want to play unlimited pinball without the micro-transactions, go to their Zen Pinball app and play their fake tables. Seriously? You've got that backwards. Use your made up tables for this horrible model, and make the real tables play like real pinball. Stupid stupid.

Unfortunately it's cheaper for them to make original tables (that I'm not into). I guess they are trying to directly recoup license fees. Am I the only one that has The Pinball Arcade still logged in? For all it's faults, at least I could buy a table (without ridiculous ticket/gem/Zbuck system) and play it.

#287 2 years ago

I played quite a bit of this since their updates. Overall not a huge fan of the model either, but I came to enjoy it in this case quite a bit.

If you go to "free sessions" you'll get some challenges. Think of it like pingolf. They refresh every hour. It's pretty perfect when I'm just hanging out on the couch watching lazy TV with the wife.

You get parts for the tables, and can upgrade with the free time you earn. You can upgrade tables and they become available in the challenges at level 1. There's some strategy to that, because there are some games you're probably going to struggle with over others.

Once you get a game leveled to level 2, it becomes available to you in free play, and offline. I think level 3 allows pro physics (didn't notice a huge difference) and higher difficulty (also didn't notice a huge difference).

It's not so bad, and a pretty fun challenge. The ability to unlock these games for free is pretty neat. I don't think you'd have to pay anything if you're patient enough.

I love the way the game feels on my note8. I've owned all of these games in basically every form factor. I think this one feels great on the phone, and has probably received more play than anything else because of the reward aspect.

In contrast I played stern pinball arcade the other day and it just feels too disconnected. I own almost all of the williams tables on the PBA app, and really don't have much desire to revisit after playing the zen versions.

1 month later
#288 2 years ago

You're in for a big surprise! First, Space Station, now:

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwiz45b:

You're in for a big surprise! First, Space Station, now:

that's actually really impressive that they were able to secure the rights to it. First time I've seen that digitally recreated (legally).

#290 2 years ago

Nice, finally a title I don't already have on TPA.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 21.50
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zen-studios-aquires-right-to-bally-williams-games-for-digital-release/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.