cftbl (resized).png
Good-Fellas-Hilarious (resized).jpg
IMG_0227 (resized).PNG
IMG_0228 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
1B5258A5-CA64-44A8-A136-0E67AB27EA9A (resized).jpeg
1C5F229B-CFFC-4634-8333-38175284C980.gif
A1C58467-1A7A-4CBB-B212-199587B60DD6 (resized).png

There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just looked it up Adam and sorry to say but the tables won't be out until December 18th for the Nintendo Switch. The release got delayed for some reason.

Much appreciate the info! I couldn't even find info on the delay on Zen's website!

2 months later
#202 5 years ago

When are the new tables coming out? Physics and reliability is much better than Pinball Arcade.

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

When are the new tables coming out? Physics and reliability is much better than Pinball Arcade.

I dont know, some of the tables the physics feel pretty off to me. The graphics are awesome though thats for sure.

1 week later
#204 5 years ago

Anyone try the iOS app yet ?

Tables look great on an iPad. Nice lighting.

Physics offer two options. Just got access to the pro physics tonight. I like them. It makes the tables harder, but it seems like it is more bouncy, ie off a dead flip, etc. no it’s not the real thing but two good options. Games are fun to play

I really like the visual enhancements zen is doing. Why not animate the dragon if you can, and it can be turned off if us don’t want it

Daily challenges can be fun.

One downside for me is the fermium model. Lots of ways to grind for tickets, zen coins and parts. Confusing at first... but if you want you can grind your way to free tables. Fairly quick to unlock the basic tables. But if you want pro physics or graphic enhancements it will take a long time....shorter if you want to watch a lot of ads.

They recently offered unlock all 7 tables for $20 which seems pretty fair. Just pulled the trigger on that tonight.

So overall good portable pinball. I would say games are better than TPA. Give it a download and try it out.

Their is a completion mode that I have no yet tried

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

I installed on my phone. The graphics are fantastic, but the ball seems to be made of lead.

#206 5 years ago

Just installed on my iPad.
If I compare MM with the real pin (which I own) the physics seems more real by far on this one comparing with PA.

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Tables look great on an iPad. Nice lighting.
Physics offer two options. Just got access to the pro physics tonight. I like them. It makes the tables harder, but it seems like it is more bouncy, ie off a dead flip, etc. no it’s not the real thing but two good options. Games are fun to play
I really like the visual enhancements zen is doing. Why not animate the dragon if you can, and it can be turned off if us don’t want it
Daily challenges can be fun.
One downside for me is the fermium model. Lots of ways to grind for tickets, zen coins and parts. Confusing at first... but if you want you can grind your way to free tables. Fairly quick to unlock the basic tables. But if you want pro physics or graphic enhancements it will take a long time....shorter if you want to watch a lot of ads.
They recently offered unlock all 7 tables for $20 which seems pretty fair. Just pulled the trigger on that tonight.
So overall good portable pinball. I would say games are better than TPA. Give it a download and try it out.
Their is a completion mode that I have no yet tried

So I installed on my iPad and I played MM, unlocked the table by playing a one-ball game. Now I can't do anything in the app but play daily challenges, specifically one ball games on MM?!

I can see a short time promotion deal on the screen to buy all 7 tables and the back arrow to presumably return to the games list screen, but the only thing I can press on is to start a one-ball challenge on MM. I even uninstalled the app and re-installed, same thing.

IMG_0227 (resized).PNGIMG_0227 (resized).PNGIMG_0228 (resized).PNGIMG_0228 (resized).PNG
Any suggestions on how I can pick a different game to try or even purchase the tables?

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Any suggestions on how I can pick a different game to try or even purchase the tables?

I think the app is still in tutorial mode for you until you complete a daily challenge. After that you can play your unlocked table or more daily challenges.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from Bonk:

I think the app is still in tutorial mode for you until you complete a daily challenge. After that you can play your unlocked table or more daily challenges.

Thanks, that was it. The do a terrible job explaining WTH is going on.

Not liking all the typical app store fremium crap they have loaded this thing with. I guess I'm not the target market. I tried it, it was fine. Prices seem crazy high though for someting I'll probably play a couple of times. Going back to playing real pinball now...

#210 5 years ago

Go to arcade play and pick the flipper button on the bottom of the screen. You will be able to play full games of MM. you then have to unlock “parts” to unlock other tables or you can just purchase them.

#211 5 years ago

Are new tables going to be released soon?

#212 5 years ago

Basically you pick one table and u can start playing that in arcade mode immediately. The other thing you can do is daily challenges. I think limited to that same table. If you do the first daily challenges and do the daily challenges that require you to watch a video you should have 6 challenges per day to complete and win table parts, tickets and coins (not many coins from my experience)

You need table parts and tickets to unlock more tables. If you grind for two weeks it is pretty reasonable to unlock all tables for free play, on line. Maybe 30 min a day and the challenges are fun. Watching the ads gets old

Let’s say you want to get to level 4 so you can play offline, have enhanced graphics and enjoy pro physics. 3 ways to do that:

1. Continue to grind for what would appear to be a really long time... parts to unlock the next levels go up exponentially
2. Buy zen coins.... use them to buy table parts, tickets,etc... so you can unlock everything. Pretty pricey and frankly a bit confusing
3. Email zen via the app and tell them you would like the offer that was out there to buy the tables outright for $20. This is cheaper then buying the zen coins.

I did option number 3. That 3rd option was very inconsistent in how it was rolled out by zen. And it was time limited. My view is that they reall want the freemium model to work, but are appeasing the people who just want to avoid all that freemium stuff, like me. I couldn’t not take the ads anymore after 2 weeks.

I’m enjoying the tables. But that freemium stuff is just overly complex, and too any ads....so was happy they offered the option to buy....BUT that should be much easier to find and more widespread.

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Basically you pick one table and u can start playing that in arcade mode immediately. The other thing you can do is daily challenges. I think limited to that same table. If you do the first daily challenges and do the daily challenges that require you to watch a video you should have 6 challenges per day to complete and win table parts, tickets and coins (not many coins from my experience)
You need table parts and tickets to unlock more tables. If you grind for two weeks it is pretty reasonable to unlock all tables for free play, on line. Maybe 30 min a day and the challenges are fun. Watching the ads gets old
Let’s say you want to get to level 4 so you can play offline, have enhanced graphics and enjoy pro physics. 3 ways to do that:
1. Continue to grind for what would appear to be a really long time... parts to unlock the next levels go up exponentially
2. Buy zen coins.... use them to buy table parts, tickets,etc... so you can unlock everything. Pretty pricey and frankly a bit confusing
3. Email zen via the app and tell them you would like the offer that was out there to buy the tables outright for $20. This is cheaper then buying the zen coins.
I did option number 3. That 3rd option was very inconsistent in how it was rolled out by zen. And it was time limited. My view is that they reall want the freemium model to work, but are appeasing the people who just want to avoid all that freemium stuff, like me. I couldn’t not take the ads anymore after 2 weeks.
I’m enjoying the tables. But that freemium stuff is just overly complex, and too any ads....so was happy they offered the option to buy....BUT that should be much easier to find and more widespread.

Great description of the game. I have only had it a few days, but I have played one daily challenge with a table I did not have unlocked. I also find the daily challenges fun.

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

The offer I saw on the weekend worked out to $37 Cdn for the tables. Not that motivated I guess.

1 week later
#215 5 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

Are new tables going to be released soon?

March 19th, at least on Xbox. ToM, Safe Cracker and The Champion Pub

2 months later
#216 4 years ago

Volume 4 is out May 28th:

Road Show
Whitewater
Hurricane

They look great!

1 month later
#217 4 years ago

Really enjoying it!

#218 4 years ago

It pretty good. I feel like the ball always comes at the flippers in a back spin. AFM out of the kick out to left flipper can be live caught by just holding the left flipper button. It doesn’t work like that in PA or the real game. I like the games, they are fun and addictive with the goals and modes. Nothing compares to real pinball but it’s fine for my lunch break at work.

#219 4 years ago

I love Zen and im in no way ragging on them but the ball physics just feel wrong to me for some reason. Pinball arcade has better ball physics except for the way too generous nudging but Zen blows them away graphically.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I love Zen and im in no way ragging on them but the ball physics just feel wrong to me for some reason. Pinball arcade has better ball physics except for the way too generous nudging but Zen blows them away graphically.

Perhaps unlock Zen's pro physics mode.

I never enjoyed Pinball Arcade's floaty-physics. Zen's physics aren't perfect but I consider them more realistic and more fun.

#221 4 years ago

I downloaded zen williams on android to try it, and I can't play any game I want in demo mode, I have to "earn something" first? wtf bs is this... Zen, you don't limit my ability to try something, you should limit my ability to continue something...

FAIL

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Perhaps unlock Zen's pro physics mode.
I never enjoyed Pinball Arcade's floaty-physics. Zen's physics aren't perfect but I consider them more realistic and more fun.

How do i unlock pro physics mode?? Ive never even heard of that. They probably are more realistic in terms of ball time and stuff but im not so sure that equals fun either. The ball seems way too fast on some tables and ok on others. Something is just off.

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I downloaded zen williams on android to try it, and I can't play any game I want in demo mode, I have to "earn something" first? wtf bs is this... Zen, you don't limit my ability to try something, you should limit my ability to continue something...
FAIL

Yeah, unfortunately the mobile versions of the game have one of the worst free-to-play models I've ever seen... I just want to buy the tables I want to play, but if you buy Zen coins you're paying *way* more than on consoles/PCs, and if you try to earn the necessary currencies to get a table it takes ages, not to mention it's all super confusing. They should have just made it so you could buy tables you want on free play, or you can buy/earn credits that can be used to play single games, just like pinball was designed for.

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Yeah, unfortunately the mobile versions of the game have one of the worst free-to-play models I've ever seen... I just want to buy the tables I want to play, but if you buy Zen coins you're paying *way* more than on consoles/PCs, and if you try to earn the necessary currencies to get a table it takes ages, not to mention it's all super confusing. They should have just made it so you could buy tables you want on free play, or you can buy/earn credits that can be used to play single games, just like pinball was designed for.

I play on mobile as well. Totally agree, their mobile model is flat out awful imo. Just let me buy the pins at a reasonable price.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How do i unlock pro physics mode?? Ive never even heard of that. They probably are more realistic in terms of ball time and stuff but im not so sure that equals fun either. The ball seems way too fast on some tables and ok on others. Something is just off.

I wonder if it's like "tournament mode" on the consoles/PC?

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I wonder if it's like "tournament mode" on the consoles/PC?

The default is Zen physics, which isn't really meant to be realistic and is relatively easy. The "pro" physics are more realistic (And should be the default IMO) and finally there's the tournament mode, which is basically the same as the pro physics but with the table tuned to be more difficult.

3 months later
#227 4 years ago

MB and CFTBL coming out next week

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from Anonymouse:

Their release schedule is sooo sloooow.

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Their release schedule is sooo sloooow.

They probably saw what happened when Farsight blew through all the highest demand titles early.

#230 4 years ago

I really like relaxing using the apps on big iPad pro. I have all the tables. I think the physics are good (always can get get better). Some might scoff at using an iPad to experience these tables but for someone who did not play these tables 20 years ago, but its a start.

#231 4 years ago

I really wish they would release a table that Farsight didn't already release.

#232 4 years ago

Played FT a bunch yesterday. Between the crazy ball trails and the weird as hell extra animations you can barely see the ball! I realize they can be turned off, but man that was making me wish for TPA to come back online again.

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Played FT a bunch yesterday. Between the crazy ball trails and the weird as hell extra animations you can barely see the ball! I realize they can be turned off, but man that was making me wish for TPA to come back online again.

Why are you complaining about something you know you can disable?

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Why are you complaining about something you know you can disable?

I was telling a story - apparently rather poorly.

#235 4 years ago

These tables look really nice.

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looks great.

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes they do!

#238 4 years ago

Wow!! Impressive.

#239 4 years ago

I'd like to see them do Indy, Demo Man, Congo, NBAFB, Shadow...the tables Farsight didn't do.

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

I'd like to see them do Indy, Demo Man, Congo, NBAFB, Shadow...the tables Farsight didn't do.

I agree, put something new out.

#241 4 years ago

I fully expect them to release bigger name DMD era games, but like others had said - Really hope they get to some tables that Farsight never got to.

If the licensing is an issue - go a little further back. Fire!, Mousin' Around, Game Show, Bad Cats, Police Force - there are a lot of cool games still left.

Zen's versions have ended up just flat out running so much better for me than TPA - I really haven't minded re-buying tables. And the interface is lightyears better. Just wish they'd put out something I hadn't already played so much.

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Zen's versions have ended up just flat out running so much better for me than TPA - I really haven't minded re-buying tables. And the interface is lightyears better. Just wish they'd put out something I hadn't already played so much.

I wish they weren't force-bundled. They announced MB & CTFBL as a bundle. I'd buy MB, but I don't want CTFBL at all.

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wish they weren't force-bundled. They announced MB & CTFBL as a bundle. I'd buy MB, but I don't want CTFBL at all.

I'm the opposite. Oh well MB will sit rarely played along with FT.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's only like 3 dollars per table so who cares?

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I know they're only digital versions, but damn ... Zen makes some cool pinball games!

Their imaginary, as well as real ones, are nicely done.

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm a bit of the opposite. CFTBL is one of my favorite pins, but I own a Monster Bash and don't need the digital table. But, I have both of these on my ps4 from pinball arcade..
However, if i ever put my digital pinball machine together, I'd want a creech.

I'm actually hoping zen will release a digital machine I can just buy. That be better than piecing one together.

#247 4 years ago

Every time I beat a daily challenge and get the reward cards I have to watch some tennis game ad and the the game freezes up. Pretty buggy.

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Every time I beat a daily challenge and get the reward cards I have to watch some tennis game ad and the the game freezes up. Pretty buggy.

Switch version doesn’t have ads.

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from Anonymouse:

Delayed until November 5th in my "area".

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Switch version doesn’t have ads.

Switch version also has that killer TATE mode that rotates the screen so you can rotate your monitor and get much better screen utilization. Kinda makes me bummed most of my collection is on Playstation, but I've bought a few tables on Switch specifically for that feature.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zen-studios-aquires-right-to-bally-williams-games-for-digital-release/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.