cftbl (resized).png
Good-Fellas-Hilarious (resized).jpg
IMG_0227 (resized).PNG
IMG_0228 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
1B5258A5-CA64-44A8-A136-0E67AB27EA9A (resized).jpeg
1C5F229B-CFFC-4634-8333-38175284C980.gif
A1C58467-1A7A-4CBB-B212-199587B60DD6 (resized).png
There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

I tried to play the beta on Steam. I have no idea how to start a game. I pressed every key on the damn keyboard. It just kept panning around the table. Can anyone give me a clue?

Glad to know that I am not alone! I tried on Steam last night and again this morning and it was virtually unplayable. Sounds kept stuttering and it was like in slow-mo. The only one I could even get going at all was Fish Tales. And for the record, all the regular tables on FX3 work like BUTTER, so I believe it is just incomplete coding at this point. By the way, my PC is an Alienware X51R3/i7 processor/32gb of RAM/1TB SSD. So it is not a system that lacks. In any case, give 'em a chance to work out the kinks. I think it will be worth the wait.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from jimw917:

my PC is an Alienware X51R3/i7 processor/32gb of RAM/1TB SSD. So it is not a system that lacks. In any case, give 'em a chance to work out the kinks. I think it will be worth the wait.

No performance issues on my CypberpowerPC gaming rig w/GTX1070, etc, but it is beta anyway.

FYI - Fish Tales is unlocked and you can also try the timed demo of Junk Yard, The Getaway:HS2, and MM. I already own those on TPA, so there is no chance I will be buying them in FX3.

The ball bounces around like a rubber 'super ball', so yeah its a pinball video game for sure. Maybe it will improve, but not holding my breath. Also, nobody wants to drill through 5 menu windows to start a game, so that is another place there is big room for improvement.

#53 5 years ago

Does anyone else have annoing flipper lag when playing on pc (Pinball FX and Pinball Arcade)? That's the reason I ended up selling my own built virtualpin a year ago.
I always thought that it was because of the TV screen lag.
But now I tested this new pinball FX3 Williams on my gaming rig (with standard low input-lag pc monitor) and the lag is still there.

#54 5 years ago

Not noticing any gameplay issues on my i7 7700k + 1070 + SSD setup. I am having issues where upon launching FX3 the game will just hard crash a few times during the 'connecting' portion of the startup. Not sure what is causing it but I guess I'm chalking it up to beta. Once I got the program started I"ve just let it run for several days now and I'm actually surprised at how well Zen's software deals with my PC's sleep/wake up routine.

Quoted from ViperVS:

Does anyone else have annoing flipper lag when playing on pc (Pinball FX and Pinball Arcade)? That's the reason I ended up selling my own built virtualpin a year ago.
I always thought that it was because of the TV screen lag.
But now I tested this new pinball FX3 Williams on my gaming rig (with standard low input-lag pc monitor) and the lag is still there.

I use and old Xbox360 wired controller with my virtual pins and I've never noticed any sort of lag with it. The new FX3 seems really snappy to me aside from the slightly wonky ball physics and the all-or-nothing flipper power

Quoted from Neal_W:

Also, nobody wants to drill through 5 menu windows to start a game, so that is another place there is big room for improvement.

I have a feeling they will make some sort of 'virtual arcade room' for the tables so hopefully all the menu nonsense gets culled down a bit.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

No performance issues on my CypberpowerPC gaming rig w/GTX1070, etc, but it is beta anyway.
FYI - Fish Tales is unlocked and you can also try the timed demo of Junk Yard, The Getaway:HS2, and MM. I already own those on TPA, so there is no chance I will be buying them in FX3.
The ball bounces around like a rubber 'super ball', so yeah its a pinball video game for sure. Maybe it will improve, but not holding my breath. Also, nobody wants to drill through 5 menu windows to start a game, so that is another place there is big room for improvement.

Yup, I have everything on TPA except for the last 3 Stern releases. I am going to have to be swayed to pop for tables on FX3 that I already own on TPA. I will admit the graphics certainly look better on FX3, but the performance absolutely needs some help.

#56 5 years ago

To the folks complaining about ball physics... have you played TPA???? Farsight physics have been a joke for years. Not to mention all the bugs with balls shooting out of/through tables, or buggy lighting, or the infinitely delayed VR versions, or splintering the tables between TPA and SternPA, or.... you get the point. Farsight is a terrible, mismanaged company that was way over it's head and this change is nothing but positive.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from cory_:

To the folks complaining about ball physics... have you played TPA???? Farsight physics have been a joke for years. Not to mention all the bugs with balls shooting out of/through tables, or buggy lighting, or the infinitely delayed VR versions, or splintering the tables between TPA and SternPA, or.... you get the point. Farsight is a terrible, mismanaged company that was way over it's head and this change is nothing but positive.

Are tou seriously bashing farsight’s physics??
I agree that TPA was terrible (UI, bugs, lighting), but at least ball physics reminded you of a real pinball. Pinball FX2 with it’s ping pong ball was so far from reality that it wasn’t even funny.

PBFX3/Williams seems to be a lot better though...
If this is just a beta then we have hope.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

Are tou seriously bashing farsight’s physics??
I agree that TPA was terrible (UI, bugs, lighting), but at least ball physics reminded you of a real pinball. Pinball FX2 with it’s ping pong ball was so far from reality that it wasn’t even funny.
PBFX3/Williams seems to be a lot better though...
If this is just a beta then we have hope.

I completely agree. TPA smokes FX. I will say these older tables seem to have different physics (for the better) than the current fx3 custom tables.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from jimw917:

Glad to know that I am not alone! I tried on Steam last night and again this morning and it was virtually unplayable. Sounds kept stuttering and it was like in slow-mo. The only one I could even get going at all was Fish Tales. And for the record, all the regular tables on FX3 work like BUTTER, so I believe it is just incomplete coding at this point. By the way, my PC is an Alienware X51R3/i7 processor/32gb of RAM/1TB SSD. So it is not a system that lacks. In any case, give 'em a chance to work out the kinks. I think it will be worth the wait.

Just for kicks, try turning off VSync. I had really horrible audio stuttering until I turned off VSync.

#60 5 years ago

+1 on TPA physics being pretty good. There were a few issues, but overall, I never noticed. Zen was just terrible, and was the main reason I never played any of their tables. Well, I tried, but couldn't stand playing them.

I'd say Zen's current state is in the middle of OG Zen and TPA.

Also, about my computer specs. I'm on a machine I built back in 2012, and is playing with zero issues from what I can tell.

#61 5 years ago

Looks like the latest update has fixed the audio stuttering issue. I am back to running the program with VSync ON and it's running nice and smooth.

#62 5 years ago

TPA isn't going away just yet. Whoa Nellie and Big Buck Hunter have been added and Mustang has been moved over from SPA today.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

TPA isn't going away just yet. Whoa Nellie and Big Buck Hunter have been added and Mustang has been moved over from SPA today.

If they are as bad as Ghostbusters they are going away for me. Ghostbusters is just terrible and doesn't play worth a crap for some reason. I used to be a big backer of TPA but I'm finding it harder and harder to stand behind these guys.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If they are as bad as Ghostbusters they are going away for me. Ghostbusters is just terrible and doesn't play worth a crap for some reason. I used to be a big backer of TPA but I'm finding it harder and harder to stand behind these guys.

Agree for the most part. I did notice recently Ghostbusters is more playable. It’s been updated a couple of times.

#65 5 years ago

TPA's whole menu system that they did a year or two is a joke. On the Steam version at least, they tried to be smart about it, and made your cursor jump to the button they think you want to click. I've left them numerous comments letting them know this is a huge annoyance and that they needed to find an example of a major piece of software that also did this. There's a reason no one else does this.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

TPA's whole menu system that they did a year or two is a joke.

I was not happy when they changed the TPA menus but they have addressed the issues I had, and you can sort by table packs, years, my games, etc.

FX3/FX2 have some cool features. I like being notified when I pass a friends score, and like the optional popup score values help when learning a new table, but I am not a fan of their endless menus or the announcements - main menu - my collection - single player and hot seat.

#67 5 years ago

Wow, looks like they just updated the physics on the Fish Tales table (and maybe others)! Now you can post pass, since it looks like they adjusted the how hard the ball is hit based on where it is on the flipper. Feels really good now, so give it a try again if you only played it when it first released a couple of days ago.

#68 5 years ago

Hmm. Not sure if I notice a change in the ball physics. But I did notice that they added words that say "press launch to start a new game" or something like that. But when I pressed launch, it took me back through their endless menu system again.

#69 5 years ago

TPA looks so bare now without the B/W games...who holds the rights to those btw?

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

TPA looks so bare now without the B/W games...who holds the rights to those btw?

Scientific Games.

#71 5 years ago

Confirmed:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/442120/discussions/0/3317353727664164963/

Ball and flipper physics updated to improve post passing, backhanding, and live catching.

Really cool how the developer is quickly implementing feedback received from Beta users.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

Confirmed:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/442120/discussions/0/3317353727664164963/
Ball and flipper physics updated to improve post passing, backhanding, and live catching.
Really cool how the developer is quickly implementing feedback received from Beta users.

That’s great to see. Hope they put most effort into physics. Have to have that right to be a success. Tweak lights later.

#73 5 years ago

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

HELL YES.

I feel *NO* pity for Farsight even though they basically popularized digitizing old tables, because they did it so carelessly and sloppily, and their support was TERRIBLE.

#74 5 years ago

Will be great to see what zen can do!

I have 5 of the 7 seasons on tpa. Bought my last two when the announced TPA announced they were losing rights. I bought them on iOS so they are fun to play but agree the physics are pretty awful

May pick up zen on the Xbox when they come out if the physics are good.

I Really wish we could get the pro pinball folks to make more tables. Timeshock on iOS is soooooo good.

Jim

#75 5 years ago

Seems like the tilt loosened up a bit too. Game plays pretty nice but the ball does still feel a bit 'speedy' for lack of a better term.

Still feels like they need to find a bit more of a middle ground between TPA's feel and the current feel.

#76 5 years ago

Watching this looking to see the results i hope for the best but when everything is going digital download and no is hard copy this is were i take issue with it. Had played a fair amount of the current zen product on a few vp cabs and was not really impressed.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Watching this looking to see the results i hope for the best but when everything is going digital download and no is hard copy this is were i take issue with it. Had played a fair amount of the current zen product on a few vp cabs and was not really impressed.

I used to feel the same way about digital download but now i wont buy games any other way.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Had played a fair amount of the current zen product on a few vp cabs and was not really impressed.

Stick around! Things are changing!

#79 5 years ago

physics have been changed for the classic tables. They are MUCH better than the current physics. I hope they apply these physics to the original tables.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

physics have been changed for the classic tables. They are MUCH better than the current physics. I hope they apply these physics to the original tables.

Agree totally, they need to do this.

1 week later
#81 5 years ago

That's what am hoping for Bendit figure if theirs a chance they will fix things it will be now having the Williams rights.

#82 5 years ago

anyone know what time the deadflip stream is tonight?

#83 5 years ago

What will be interesting to see is if Zen gets the rights to Williams tables based off of licenses such as Adams Family, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, etc. Farsight did crowd funding campaigns to raise the funds to obtain licenses for Williams games based on licensed themes. Will Zen open their wallets to do the same?

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What will be interesting to see is if Zen gets the rights to Williams tables based off of licenses such as Adams Family, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, etc. Farsight did crowd funding campaigns to raise the funds to obtain licenses for Williams games based on licensed themes. Will Zen open their wallets to do the same?

That's an interesting thought. I have no idea what the deal was, but it would be interesting if Farsight still has the rights to those licenses. And if so, Zen would have to negotiate a deal with Farsight.

#85 5 years ago

I'd like to see Zen Mix in some of the Bally tables that Farsight never got to:

Harlem Globetrotters
The Shadow
Old Chicago
Bow and Arrow
Wizard!
Corvette
Mousin Around
Captain Fantastic
Embryon
NBA Fastbreak
Skateball
Radical!

All the zipper flipper games besides Fireball.

#86 5 years ago

Based on Facebook replies by Zen they do not have licenses games with 3rd party licenses such as STTNG, TZ, AF, T2, etc. For now it's look like original theme Williams games only.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Based on Facebook replies by Zen they do not have licenses games with 3rd party licenses such as STTNG, TZ, AF, T2, etc. For now it's look like original theme Williams games only.

that's correct - they confirmed that earlier.

any one know the time the stream starts tonight?

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

that's correct - they confirmed that earlier.
any one know the time the stream starts tonight?

7pm EST according to Dead flips instagram post

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from Bonk:

7pm EST according to Dead flips instagram post

great thanks for confirming

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So, they can't make those and FarSight is no longer allowed to sell them.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

OK. Unlicensed (original or public domain theme) Williams:

Space Station !!!

Grand Prix
Space Mission / Space Odyssey
Barracora
Jokerz! ( the exclamation point is part of the name)
Big Guns
Laser Ball

How about some rare(ish) games:
Star Light
Pharaoh
Time Fantasy

#92 5 years ago

Looks like nothing new from his stream? Wasn't it hyped to reveal something?

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Looks like nothing new from his stream? Wasn't it hyped to reveal something?

Perhaps it's old news but I played the updated beta tonight and noticed a number of improvements.

The physics have improved a lot and are enjoyable now. The big addition was classic and 'enhanced' table modes.
The enhanced table versions feature particle effects, water shaders, animating toys, etc. It's pretty awesome.
After a few games, my immediate thought was "take my money!!"

#94 5 years ago

I just don't notice any difference in the ball physics. Shallow hits, ones that just go past the slings, still feel too heavy. That doesn't seem to have been changed one bit. But they did do something about the shots though. I was hitting the ramps more consistently.

And it could be a problem with the sound. Sort of a placebo effect. There's a "thud" sound made for every post or rubber you hit, and it's the same tone no matter how fast the ball is going.

"Did you know? Did you know? Did you know? Did you know?"

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I just don't notice any difference in the ball physics. Shallow hits, ones that just go past the slings, still feel too heavy. That doesn't seem to have been changed one bit. But they did do something about the shots though. I was hitting the ramps more consistently.
And it could be a problem with the sound. Sort of a placebo effect. There's a "thud" sound made for every post or rubber you hit, and it's the same tone no matter how fast the ball is going.
"Did you know? Did you know? Did you know? Did you know?"

Does any Pinball simulator do this stuff better?

#96 5 years ago

I didn't care for the extra effects added - the fire ball trail for multiball was stupid. The flying dragon is fine I guess, but not at all necessary.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I didn't care for the extra effects added - the fire ball trail for multiball was stupid. The flying dragon is fine I guess, but not at all necessary.

Great that they made all that stuff optional. I get why they want it in there. Their existing "not real pinball" customers expect stuff like that because all their other tables have those kinds of elements. Not needed for the bulk of the already-pinball-fans customers, but I'm sure a decent number of them will make use of the stuff as well.

#98 5 years ago

Good, didn't see that it was optional, I only had limited time to check in on the stream.

Has there been any indication about whether these will be available in VR?

#99 5 years ago

Looks pretty damn good to me, i cant wait to try it out. Zen is a great company and will do these tables right i believe. They are a million times better than Farsight and they deserve to be the ones making these tables.

#100 5 years ago

Guys, if you’re interested in this remaining a proper pinball simulation, versus a pinball flavored video game (not that those aren’t fun too), I encourage you to download the beta on Steam and comment in their forum.

The most recent version (released yesterday) changed the ball physics more toward traditional Zen fantasy physics, even in their Arcade simulation (vs fantasy) mode. They’re a good group of devs who really seem to listen and respond to community feedback. Let’s let them know there are a bunch of us who want a proper sim!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
Wanted
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zen-studios-aquires-right-to-bally-williams-games-for-digital-release/page/2?hl=cory_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.