(Topic ID: 139459)

Zen Pinball/The Pinball Arcade - The Pinball Podcast Query

By callmesteam

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Hey, my name is Don and I co-host The Pinball Podcast. On our next show, we are going to do a feature on the 'must have' virtual pinball tables from Zen Pinball/Pinball FX2 and The Pinball Arcade. We would love to hear input on your favorites. With 60+ tables on either platform, there is a lot of pinball in there! We emailed and received some information from Zen about their biggest hits, but we'd love to hear which tables pinsiders prefer. I'm especially interested in Zen releases, since many of us are familiar with the real-life counterparts to TPA tables, but any input you'd like to share is welcomed.

I wasn't going to make a huge poll with 1-2 votes per table, so just post your answers here! If response is great enough, I'll tally it all up to see which tables 'pinball people' prefer. If you loathe virtual pinball, that's fine, no need to reply here!

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

#2 8 years ago

Super League Football is my favorite.

Now that they are broadcasting Premier and Champions League games in the States, maybe the time is right for another soccer theme game. Would be cool if Zen somehow partnered with Stern or Heighway to develop real tables.

#3 8 years ago

I may be blinded by my SW love, I would say the 4 Star Wars tables for Pinball FX2: I enjoyed them on Xbox One,

#4 8 years ago

Lord of the Rings would be a "buy" for me.

#5 8 years ago

My favorites are South Park: Super Sweet Pinball and Epic Quest. I like Plants vs. Zombies but it plays WAY too long, like 60 minutes for a game! Most Zen tables feel samey to me. They have an impossible amount of shots in a fan, like 14 ramps, and play very long. Something about it (mediocre virtual light show? lack of impactful sounds and callouts?) doesn't get me excited for completing objectives or getting jackpots even compared to TPA. Zen tables can feel like "more pinball" rather than "better pinball".

My favorite TPA table right now is Safe Cracker. I don't know if it's the small form or what, but that game feels great to me, plus it's a rarity I can't play often. I know it's not just the new flipper physics. I love how SC and F14 feel, but hate how HS2 feels which came out in between those two.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

My favorites are South Park: Super Sweet Pinball and Epic Quest.

Sounds like we are on the same page! I was surprised at how much fun the SP tables were.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

Super League Football is my favorite.
    Now that they are broadcasting Premier and Champions League games in the States, maybe the time is right for another soccer theme game. Would be cool if Zen somehow partnered with Stern or Heighway to develop real tables.

Cool table, I wonder why they split it up into separate tables depending on the club...? Wonder which sold the best...?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zen-pinballthe-pinball-arcade-the-pinball-podcast-query and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.