Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Grizlyrig
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Zen Studios are streaming their latest digital table "JAWS" live on twitch, seems a lot more grounded than most of the tables I have seen from there a good 80-90% of the table looks like it could be made into a real physical pin.

#2 6 years ago

Arrived late what did I miss? Tried to catch replay of the stream but it is not yet archived on twitch.

#3 6 years ago

Pretty cool Jeff, I'd say a good 80-90% of the digital layout could be made into a real table and the layout itself is pretty cool, they said they where new to the streams so learning the ropes to get better at it and at some point would archive it so I imagine it will happen sooner or later.

Can play as "Bruce" the shark as well as human counterparts think main character was quint not Brody could be something I miss heard, if Stern could work with Zen on bringing this to the world of real pinball it could be the jaws pin a lot of pinsiders want.

#4 6 years ago

The best graphic and video artists combine talent to make virtual Jaws pinball more beautiful, engaging and easy to grasp than what we will see in Stern's rumored Jaws. Can't wait to see some stream but my judgement so far it doesn't capture the physical experience and excitement you can only get when playing a real world pinball. I love playing FX2 tables and look forward to upgrading.

#5 6 years ago

A real 'Jaws' pinball machine can't happen soon enough. A digital table such as this helps to keep the idea alive, I think. It would make sense for Stern to consider some of the most effective elements of these virtual tables. From what I've seen, there have been a lot of good ideas incorporated so far.

4 weeks later
    #6 6 years ago

Purchased last night for iPad. This is really a well designed game, can't wait to dive into it! Stern should take notice. BTTF was a lot of fun too.

#7 6 years ago

I like the youtube video. I'll have to check it out after work, looks interesting.
    -Mike

#8 6 years ago

Table is great fun really captures the Jaws experience just a shame Quint is the main character and Roy Scheider's Brody doesn't appear to be featured, would have been awesome to have "smile you son of a bitch" as a wizard mode, trying to shoot roving targets with the final shot of the mode giving you that quote and Bruce/Jaws being blown up!

The coolest thing about the table is how much of it could be done for real or very closely copied on a physical table. The layout would 90% work, with only that back "water" portion needing to be changed and a mech "similar to the thing hand, but that sinks fully into the playfield) could be possible to allow Jaws to rise up out of the playfield and bite/swallow the ball.

#9 6 years ago

Zen Pinball FX3 rocks!

#10 6 years ago

Great layout and fun table. I’m not a fan of the Quint sound-alike, and the Jaws theme is sorely missed. Even the giant shark in the middle doesn’t seem very ‘Jaws.’

Neat table, and well worth $2, but I guess I was kinda disappointed.

#11 6 years ago

I think this game and especially bttf are terrible. I just don't get it from comments above as I was excited.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I think this game and especially bttf are terrible. I just don't get it from comments above as I was excited.

Gotto agree BTTF is pretty disappointing some nice ideas on it but overall the execution is poor.

JAWS however I think is great, shoots nice and the fact 90% of the table could potentially be made for real is pretty cool and has some neat ideas that would be awesome in a real physical pin - the black out search light mode is particularly cool and the playfield being able to rock side to side would be insanely cool and a first as far as i am aware.

What don't you like about the JAWS table?

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Zen Pinball FX3 rocks!

Jaws is the bomb. I played it an hour straight last night. "Come on it ain't that hard"

#14 6 years ago

Wow, anyone who says FX 3 is terrible must be pretty damn hard please. I think Zen does an incredible job on these tables.

#15 6 years ago

Stuff like this almost makes me consider trading for a Vpin.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wow, anyone who says FX 3 is terrible must be pretty damn hard please. I think Zen does an incredible job on these tables.

the problem with fx pinball is that it just doesn't feel great. It looks amazing but the music especially is bad. I just wish it felt better that's all.

BTTF pin design is hot garbage though. Jaws is OK but there are too many repeating lines and it gets annyoing

#17 6 years ago

I'm really enjoying FX3 on PS4. All the old tables play the same and look even better than before. I wasn't sure about all the score-altering power-ups since I'm more of a purist when it comes to pinball, but they add a nice dimension to the competitive rankings and tournaments.

If you're on PS4, look me up: cheezywh1z

1 week later
    #18 6 years ago

J85M thanks for posting. My wife and I decided Jaws was worth getting.
    -Mike

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zen-pinball-jaws and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.