(Topic ID: 19271)

Zen Marvel add on Avengers tables

By Blakesell

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Yesterday was a big day for emulated pinball. The add on tables for ps3 came out for pinball arcade, but there's already thread or two about that. I got those and used up my ps3 money, not realizing that Zen had also released a game pack for the Marvel pinball game.

Since sony has had issues adding money to their store for YEARS now, I have to wait until I can get out to a lamestop and get a gift card to add money so they can 'shut up and take my money'.

So, did anyone have the extra $10 to buy the new avengers tables? How are they? I'll get them for sure and be playing them online, but I have to wait. Also, 360 folks, did you get this released as well?

#2 11 years ago

Tables are Killa!! All 4 are great. Zen rules the virtual pin World.... HANDS DOWN! Buy them. I played last night and found I now have 32 different tables for that game. I probably could of gotten a system 11 game for the money I've given to Zen.

#3 11 years ago

360..Yes.

#4 11 years ago

What’s your favorite on the new tables? I’m lovin World War Hulk.

#5 11 years ago

I saw that one of them, I think the Thor one, had a NASCAR sort of loop thing going on in the trailer. One thing I really like about Zen is their work taking various parts of other existing real machines and putting them into these emulations just to make things interesting along with things that are totally unrealistic to real games.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

I'll get them for sure and be playing them online

Cool add me to your friends list. I have a few Pinseide brothers already & always looking to have more to compete with. PSN id: StarkillerX

#7 11 years ago

You're already on my list scubasteve, my psn ID that my gf made up is Izzlemoxle or something that looks like that.

Also you have more zen trophies than I do. I gotta fix that.

#8 11 years ago

LOL right but your scores blow mine out of the water! I can't even get a third of the scores you get. Every time I start up a new game I take a look at the leaderboards and shake my head in frustration.

#9 11 years ago

I personally didn't like the Avengers table. The layout is flawed with the left ramp and it's occasion drain down the outlane. Scoring makes no sense either. Just hasn't hooked me like other tables.

#10 11 years ago

There's a girl in spain that has all my scores tripled that I've been trying to catch up to. Thanks for the ego boost scuba!

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Zaxxis:

I personally didn't like the Avengers table. The layout is flawed with the left ramp and it's occasion drain down the outlane. Scoring makes no sense either. Just hasn't hooked me like other tables.

It's funny because I bought the add-on for the sole purpose of the Avengers table. But I find that I dont play it as much as the others.

#12 11 years ago

I did pick it up, I like them all. I had to read up on the story for world war hulk and fear itself, those callouts made no sense to me.

Also, I got killed by someone on Fear Itself online, those online players are hardcore!

#13 11 years ago

I'm loving all four of the new tables as well, but find myself going back to Fear Itself the most, and Avengers the least. I'm Callmesteam on both Xbox and PS3 if you'd like to add me. World War Hulk made me want to check out the book, but a friend recommend that I read Planet Hulk first (it leads into WWH). Instead I watched the movie on Netflix and it was actually pretty good! Worth a look.

#14 11 years ago

Got you on my list too Steam! One day maybe we can all be online to play this game together.

The only game I don't have on the Marvel collection is the older Fantastic Four, I heard it was lame. Is that one any good? I'm really considering some other Zen titles as well, the afm type game and paranormal themed ones look interesting by the trailers.

#15 11 years ago

I had a lot of fun with Fantastic Four, but it's less flashy than the newer tables. Still pretty solid though. Earth Defense or whatever the AFM type game is called is ok, but it always seemed hard to get anything going on it. Paranormal is pretty good! It's got a Banzai Run style backglass and a BoP box that has four different paths on it. It also has a behind the flippers apron shot. I think it's worth picking up. I had started to write reviews of ALL of the tables, but it proved to be too time-consuming, so only a handful were finished.

My least favorite table by far is MARS. Ms Splosion Man is pretty weak too, but I think its an Xbox exclusive. I say Izzemoxle pop up the other day and wondered who that was...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zen-marvel-add-on-avengers-tables and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.