P1020363.JPG
P1020358.JPG
P1020360.JPG
P1020356.JPG
P1020340.JPG
P1020352.JPG
P1020341.JPG
#1 9 years ago

...I bet no one has used that subject before.

Anyway, I made my first pinball machine repair! Two actually. I replaced the (uncolored) launcher spring with the appropriate Red spring. But that was not complicated enough to call it a "repair."

The main event was the replacement of the upper right Flipper Assembly (I ordered a brand new, complete assembly, figuring I could rebuild the old one and have an extra). While I was at it, I ordered three new bats and new red flipper rubber (I have yet to replace the two lower bats). It's a good thing I did too, because I believe I discovered what was causing the magnet shot to fail. The upper bat was cracked... basically shredded... under the rubber.

It was fun to make the repair, and then have the shot work every time! Reminds me of my days working on cars.

P1020340.JPGP1020340.JPG

P1020352.JPGP1020352.JPG

P1020341.JPGP1020341.JPG

P1020356.JPGP1020356.JPG

P1020360.JPGP1020360.JPG

P1020363.JPGP1020363.JPG

#2 9 years ago

The old assembly doesn't look in very bad shape.

You can usually get by with replacing the EOS, stop, coil sleeve, and plunger/linkage.

I get the allure of a whole new assembly though. Plug and play and brand new.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The old assembly doesn't look in very bad shape.
You can usually get by with replacing the EOS, stop, coil sleeve, and plunger/linkage.
I get the allure of a whole new assembly though. Plug and play and brand new.

I went back and forth on whether to rebuild or order new. Decided to do both. I wanted the machine playable immediately (since it's my only pin), and I also wanted to teach myself how to rebuild an assembly. I have the rebuild kit, now I can do that at my leisure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zen-and-the-art-of-pinball-maintenance-rollergames-update and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.