Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Wolfmarsh
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

khps_zelda_holiday_mug (resized).jpg
    4C78FFF6-FD35-41C5-84D9-2654E42DEAC4 (resized).jpeg
    AA69EBD7-51BC-4436-BCE3-EE5AE529A58B (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    flat,550x550,075,f.u3 (resized).jpg
    1221181518a (resized).jpg
    1221181519 (resized).jpg
    1221181518b (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20181220_174516 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181001_121455 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181219_234515 (resized).jpg
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Not sure what all game you all have played, but I'd highly suggest going back and playing all of the early portable games if you've missed them. Those were among my favorites.

Whats your favorite? I've been playing OOT like crazy for a while. Also have become obsessed with watching ZFG speedrun OOT on twitch. That dude is a Zelda master, his game knowledge is insane. I recommend watching him, he goes live everyday. Hell he is live right now. https://www.twitch.tv/zfg1

#52 5 years ago

Here is a small glimpse of some of my Zelda stuff hah, few games missing in that stack are being loaned out.

A link between world's on 3ds is a must play imo

20181220_174516 (resized).jpg20181220_174516 (resized).jpg

#53 5 years ago

The SNES is still my favorite system, and I've always been a fan of A Link to the Past, but replaying them it's pretty easy to make a case for Links Awakening DX. It's very much a sequel to A Link to the Past, but has some other Nintendo characters in the game. I kept my GameCube with the Game Boy Player pretty much exclusively to play those portable Zelda games.

#54 5 years ago

A link to the past was my first home brew idea, I only got as far as making a few animations. I think it would be a great idea. Someone had suggested a colour change of the GIs when you get into the dark world, which I found to be a neat idea. Another thought was a secondary display which tracked your inventory

#55 5 years ago

I think inventory tracking is a unique idea. It's possible, but you'd pretty much need to have five buttons on the game: Flipper (Right), Flipper (Left), Inventory (Right), Inventory (Left), and Special. When battling bosses hit the Special button to use whatever item is selected. Running low on health, use a potion. Need to deal extra damage, throw a bomb. I get how it would be add to the theme, but my worry is it adds unnecessary complication. I don't want to have to use a bomb, while the ball is in the scoop, in the Fire Temple to reach something super important. That can be in the rules, but don't make the reward super important. Just a cool easter egg.

PS: I thought a lot about a system like this for a Mega Man game. You gain a special weapon when you defeat each boss. Change weapons from any you've previously collected in the scoop. Depending which stage you are playing a particular special weapon might give you some small bonuses or reduce the number of shots required.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I think inventory tracking is a unique idea. It's possible, but you'd pretty much need to have five buttons on the game: Flipper (Right), Flipper (Left), Inventory (Right), Inventory (Left), and Special. When battling bosses hit the Special button to use whatever item is selected. Running low on health, use a potion. Need to deal extra damage, throw a bomb. I get how it would be add to the theme, but my worry is it adds unnecessary complication. I don't want to have to use a bomb, while the ball is in the scoop, in the Fire Temple to reach something super important. That can be in the rules, but don't make the reward super important. Just a cool easter egg.
    PS: I thought a lot about a system like this for a Mega Man game. You gain a special weapon when you defeat each boss. Change weapons from any you've previously collected in the scoop. Depending which stage you are playing a particular special weapon might give you some small bonuses or reduce the number of shots required.

Actually I thought something similar about inventory selection. Then I started thinking about an apron mounted joystick. At that point I was worried about straying to far from pinball.

Btw a megaman pin would be another great idea. Why did Capcom make that train wreck SF2 when they should have made megaman!!?

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spinape:

Actually I thought something similar about inventory selection. Then I started thinking about an apron mounted joystick. At that point I was worried about straying to far from pinball.
    Btw a megaman pin would be another great idea. Why did Capcom make that train wreck SF2 when they should have made megaman!!?

Yeah, I think the joystick would just become a gimmick. I think weapon selection would be essential for a Mega Man game, but I don't think you need the ability to instantly switch, so you could just do that while the ball is in a scoop or saucer, using the normal flipper buttons. With Zelda it seems more important to change items more frequently. In a pinball game, I think I might just keep them as more of a collectible, or perhaps they add a slight bonus when they are in your inventory.

#58 5 years ago

Give this theme to Jersey Jack...this is a potential amazing beauty with a deep ruleset! An adventure that only Keefer could imagine.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, I think the joystick would just become a gimmick. I think weapon selection would be essential for a Mega Man game, but I don't think you need the ability to instantly switch, so you could just do that while the ball is in a scoop or saucer, using the normal flipper buttons. With Zelda it seems more important to change items more frequently. In a pinball game, I think I might just keep them as more of a collectible, or perhaps they add a slight bonus when they are in your inventory.

I think you are on to something with the megaman. Oh how I wish I could quit my job and just make custom pins!!

#60 5 years ago

Someone made a megaman pin in future pin. It was pretty well thought out in terms of how you handle the multiple bosses, etc.

I agree that any of the above mentioned themes would be ripe for a game now if done properly. Myself, was never a big fan of the SMB pin..seemed they could have done more with it.

#61 5 years ago

I think Maga Man would be a very good "retro-modern" machine. I don't think it needs a crazy deep ruleset. Shoot some shots to start one of eight robot master modes, complete each of those to battle Dr. Willy. Add on a Dr. Light scoop or saucer for changing weapons. For some reason I'm picturing a game like Swords of Fury. The upper playfield, feed off of the ramp diverter, just seems like a good area to battle robot masters.

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

Give this theme to Jersey Jack...this is a potential amazing beauty with a deep ruleset! An adventure that only Keefer could imagine.

100% this!

I wonder if Keith is a Zelda fan at all?

#63 5 years ago

Nintendo isn’t big on lending their IPs. Even Wreck it Ralph had a hard time getting Bowser in it from what I heard. However, I still would love to see a Zelda pin!

#64 5 years ago
    image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #65 5 years ago

Hard to fit it all in because it is so big but the wife had this quilt custom made a few years ago.

1221181518a (resized).jpg1221181518a (resized).jpg1221181518b (resized).jpg1221181518b (resized).jpg1221181519 (resized).jpg1221181519 (resized).jpg
    #66 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Hard to fit it all in because it is so big

flat,550x550,075,f.u3 (resized).jpgflat,550x550,075,f.u3 (resized).jpg

#67 5 years ago

My kiddos from the MGC costume contest two years ago.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#68 5 years ago

Ok! Love the ALTTP rug! Nice

Gf made me custom mugs

4C78FFF6-FD35-41C5-84D9-2654E42DEAC4 (resized).jpeg4C78FFF6-FD35-41C5-84D9-2654E42DEAC4 (resized).jpegAA69EBD7-51BC-4436-BCE3-EE5AE529A58B (resized).jpegAA69EBD7-51BC-4436-BCE3-EE5AE529A58B (resized).jpeg
    #69 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spinape:

Ok! Love the ALTTP rug! Nice
    Gf made me custom mugs
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! i got one of these last Christmas

khps_zelda_holiday_mug (resized).jpgkhps_zelda_holiday_mug (resized).jpg

#70 5 years ago

Zelda pin could be amazing. I am thinking Nintendo game designers would have to have creative direction or at least a lot of influence for it to be right. And that’s not likely. Zelda games are works of genius. Not just any design team can do it justice.

#71 5 years ago

You all should definitely hit SFGE in 2019. Wildertronix's Zelda pin is pretty dope. I got to play it recently and it's really turning out nice!!!

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zelda-pinball-speculation-and-ideas/page/2?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.