(Topic ID: 37518)

ZAPCON! Phoenix, AZ's own Classic Arcade & Pinball Extravaganza!

By toxicwes

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    ZAPCON1_s.jpg
    zaxxon_ZapCon_Copyright_Infringment.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackontherocks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago

Hells Bells. Good date for me to attend and a few others I know will come.

2 weeks later
    #78 11 years ago

Will there be drinks, food, beer, etc at this event just curious to plan how many hours to attend.

#81 11 years ago

On a side note I believe a cool band to play this Fest would The Minibosses. I believe they are local and one member is on pinside from previous posts when I mentioned them before. I always wanted to see them. Try reaching out to them or check their website. There music of arcade Nintendo games would be perfect and a nice fit for this event to mix things up for an hour or two each day.

1 week later
    #96 11 years ago
    Quoted from Zappa:

The only machines I have are on my Droid Tablet..
    I play a lot of pinball at a few bars in Scottsdale, I've given out info to people. One guy has a classic machine (NHL Hockey), but, it is up in Payson, in a cabin upstairs, he isn't interested in moving it..

Please post games you find in the wild to play on pinballrebel.com and here on pinside. I enjoy playing them as well in town. I have tried to keep up to date as I find them. If you play games in Scottsdale there are about five games within 3 miles of each other.

#105 11 years ago

I told at least 10 people about this event tonight at the bars and showed them website. Advertising is key as many enjoy these games but don't know about it. Maybe flyers at a few dive bars who have pinball machines. Look at my comments above to locate games at pinballrebel.com to get some locations to visit. Contact Troy Vending to see where games are located because they are only vendor who appears to put games on location.

#111 11 years ago

Pinball 101 for me!

2 weeks later
    #121 11 years ago
    Quoted from toxicwes:

Hey gang! If you pre-register, not only do you get a cheaper rate, but you also get a cool Zapcon badge on a lanyard that only the popular kids will be wearing. I mention this because the printer deadline for getting the badges ordered is creeping up, so don't dilly-dally.
    http://zapcon.com/admission.php

When is the last day for pre register? I need to get mine but trying to tell as many others as I can and worrying how many I need to buy for my friends. Might as well get mine first this week or next and have them get there own so I don't have worry about collecting my money from them. I was at Costco the other day with my girlfriend and noticed a guy with an Atari shirt. I mentioned the event to him and he is telling his sons. Might want to check if you can get an ad in The New Times.

#124 11 years ago
    Quoted from toxicwes:

You can pre-register up to the week of, but if you want a badge with your name on it, do it by the 25th. We're pushing the budget as it is, so I don't think there'll be any ad purchases this year.

Thanks. Just trying to help by throwing out ideas. I have been spreading the word as much as possible. I will be at the Appl event Sat if your there.

#127 11 years ago

Looks like I'll be playing a lot of pins that I have never tried or heard of for that matter. Cool.

#137 11 years ago
    Quoted from toxicwes:

You guys asked for it, so now you got it... THE MINIBOSSES!
    http://minibosses.bandcamp.com
    Post edited by toxicwes : stupid URL!

Awesome. I don't see it on link if there playing? I pushed for it.

1 week later
    #141 11 years ago

Tickets purchased.

#164 10 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

I'm bringing TSPP, Bon Voyage, and Spy Hunter Arcade to sell. Someone bring me a WCS to buy!

I was thinking of a WCS as well for my next pin. I have not played this game since 1994 and want to play it again. Is one going to be at the event to play and a WOZ?

#170 10 years ago
    Quoted from grh450:

game list is at ZAPCON.COM

I know but hoping for a few surprises.

#173 10 years ago

Just making it home. Great first day. I think my fingers hurt from playing Tempest more and spinning that knob for the record to green level.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackontherocks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zapcon-phoenix-azs-own-classic-arcade-pinball-extravaganza?tu=jackontherocks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.