(Topic ID: 37518)

ZAPCON! Phoenix, AZ's own Classic Arcade & Pinball Extravaganza!

By toxicwes

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    ZAPCON1_s.jpg
    zaxxon_ZapCon_Copyright_Infringment.jpg
    There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 11 years ago

Hey Wes,
    I have a CFTBL I could bring. I did not see that on the list of games that you have coming. I sent you a PM as well.
    Thanks
    Kyle

#152 11 years ago

I am looking for a BK2K or Space Station in very nice shape if anyone wants to talk. Thanks.

#153 11 years ago

I am very interested in knowing what everyone is looking to trade or sell. I would welcome a tread posting what is for sale and trade.

#154 11 years ago

I am going to have my Tron Pro 3D for sale.

Someone bring a WMS IJ to sell me.

-ben

#155 11 years ago

I'm bringing TSPP, Bon Voyage, and Spy Hunter Arcade to sell. Someone bring me a WCS to buy!

#156 11 years ago

Wes, funny I looked up Bon Voyage and couldn't find a single picture. Is this rare?

#157 11 years ago

not rare... just an old unpopular EM with a great backglass and clearcoated pf.

#158 11 years ago

Lets hope you get to that Space Shuttle someday. I am getting ready to do a swap on a Whirlwind I just picked up when CPR ships out the playfields and plastics. If you need anything let me know. Got the rivet press and other stuff. Just ask if you need anything.

#159 11 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

not rare... just an old unpopular EM with a great backglass and clearcoated pf.

#160 11 years ago

So Sad... 8-(

#161 11 years ago

Yeah, I don't condone game destruction for fun, at all, but this BV was fully stripped and rumored to be quite a termite-y mess. Just recognized the title is all.

#162 11 years ago

LOL... WTF!?

#163 11 years ago

Is Pinside not into the PinPin guys up in Colorado? They are some wild dudes!

#164 11 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

I'm bringing TSPP, Bon Voyage, and Spy Hunter Arcade to sell. Someone bring me a WCS to buy!

I was thinking of a WCS as well for my next pin. I have not played this game since 1994 and want to play it again. Is one going to be at the event to play and a WOZ?

#165 11 years ago

game list is at ZAPCON.COM

#166 11 years ago

Quickie bump to say how freaking pumped I am to check out this show. Can't wait!

#167 11 years ago

Ok, so surely other folks are selling games at the show! What are you bringing to sell!

-Wes

#168 11 years ago

No one wants a Tag Team Pinball, right? That's the only game on my chopping block at the moment. I can hear crickets already, haha

#169 11 years ago

To sell? Pretty much everything I am bringing except for the Banzai Run, Defender Pinball and Centipede/Millipede will be there for sale. My final tally is 12 pinball machines and 5 arcade games. Will be shopping the last one tonight.

It's been super stressful getting ready for the show and I have had people beating down my doors trying to buy games pre-show, but wanted to make sure we have a full house for the event. Can't wait until Saturday!!!

#170 11 years ago
    Quoted from grh450:

game list is at ZAPCON.COM

I know but hoping for a few surprises.

#171 11 years ago

Granny and the Gators, Cyclone, and Caribbean Cruise are the final 3 that I added.

#172 11 years ago

Nifty LED will be there with a booth and our playfield displays! Look for us!

#173 11 years ago

Just making it home. Great first day. I think my fingers hurt from playing Tempest more and spinning that knob for the record to green level.

#174 11 years ago

We stayed about 4 hours longer than originally planned!
    Had a great time playing and talking
    THANKS to everyone involved,for putting together a very cool show!

#175 11 years ago

Yeah I was there longer then I planned too. It was nice playing some titles I always wanted to play

#176 11 years ago

Congrats to everyone involved! Was fun to watch this come together on pinside.

#177 11 years ago

I booked a hotel room about an hour after I got here; here's my comment from another Zapcon thread:

I CAN NOT say enough good stuff about Zapcon. This show is excellent, particularly for a first effort. The games are playing like butter, the venue is nice and clean and easy to find, the tourney is set up well, and the people! The people here are just great! I came to this because the Michigan show seemed too big, and I'm SO happy with my choice; these Arizona folks really deserve a huge tip of the cap. The mood is so good, and I reckon it has something to do with it being a first-time...the enthusiasm and appreciation for pinball are just off the charts. It reminds me of how shows felt years and years ago. I can't wait to see Zapcon evolve, I already booked an extra day here on this trip and can't wait for the next.

#178 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMolly:

I booked a hotel room about an hour after I got here; here's my comment from another Zapcon thread:
    I CAN NOT say enough good stuff about Zapcon. This show is excellent, particularly for a first effort. The games are playing like butter, the venue is nice and clean and easy to find, the tourney is set up well, and the people! The people here are just great! I came to this because the Michigan show seemed too big, and I'm SO happy with my choice; these Arizona folks really deserve a huge tip of the cap. The mood is so good, and I reckon it has something to do with it being a first-time...the enthusiasm and appreciation for pinball are just off the charts. It reminds me of how shows felt years and years ago. I can't wait to see Zapcon evolve, I already booked an extra day here on this trip and can't wait for the next.

where's the other thread? Nice meeting you, btw.

#179 11 years ago

Whoomp there it is -> http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-forward-to-first-pin-convention-at-zapcon Nice meeting you too, sorry I'm gushing about your show so much, haha!

#180 11 years ago

Yep the show was great!! I took my 5 year old and we stayed 2 hours longer than I thought because he did not want to leave. I was able to put some time on a number of pinball machines that I either never played or had little time on. I wanted to go today but the wife put a stop on that real quick. Good job Wes and everyone else involved.

#181 11 years ago

I had a great time also. It was alot bigger and better than I was expecting. Talked to alot of great people, played some great games and had a great time. Was particularly impressed with Banzai Run, Centaur and That tricked out Funhouse.!!! I agree with Molly, a GREAT first effort. Wish I could have stayed a bit longer. Hopefully it will take off from here.

#182 11 years ago

Just wanted to thank everyone for putting this together. My son and I stayed a lot longer than planned. Was nice finding a pin that he really got into, TSPP; couldn't get him off it. Thanks again to everyone who contributed, it's much appreciated!!

#183 11 years ago

I had a lot of fun, too. I may just head back later this afternoon for round 2. We shall see.

#184 11 years ago

I was there Saturday, loved it, but, with carpal tunnel syndrome..LOL...my arms hurt.

Great machines...thanks! (only complaint...NASCAR was too loud, couldn't hear any machines within 6 feet of it!)

#185 11 years ago

This was a very cool event, I'll be back next year for both days. Some of the machines were way too loud, NASCAR, Funhouse and a couple of others, there was not enough room for the vendors, but other than that, no complaints! Oh, one more, I didn't get my cool ID...was told the printer screwed up...bummer!

#186 11 years ago

I had another non-pinball festival that i was a part of that i had to be at the entire weekend, but i was able to sneak over to Zapcon on Saturday morning for a few hours and I must say this was fantastic. Excellent job to everyone one involved. I even had some of my non pinhead friends down and they had an awesome time. I wish i was able to spent more time at the event, but I'm very happy I was ablt to come check it out. Job well done!!

There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zapcon-phoenix-azs-own-classic-arcade-pinball-extravaganza/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.