(Topic ID: 236513)

ZAPCON 7: Classic Arcade and Pinball Convention in AZ - May 4th & 5th!

By emsang

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zene10
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E41A2B72-B6EE-4402-84F8-42C4031E9F4E (resized).jpeg
    93826E70-BB1F-441B-BDFD-BCB09AD1F57E (resized).jpeg
    2BA5ACDE-773F-48AA-9A35-A5263136CB17 (resized).jpeg
    Hot time (resized).JPG
    C2EDCE37-C6A2-42E1-8142-CBBB41D0802C (resized).jpeg
    0A1A79A8-9D68-4F80-AFB5-1A5EF0D66416 (resized).jpeg
    ED8F6423-E645-4C00-8926-E733A5E2B27A (resized).jpeg
    04BFA72D-7630-4EB1-BB83-F29CDA9473D0 (resized).jpeg
    3F7DF0E3-C1E8-488A-9BEE-984D3ADF6868 (resized).jpeg
    2019 web header (resized).png
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Preparations are well underway for this year's Zapcon, which is going down Cinco de Mayo weekend! We'd love for you to be part of the show by bringing arcade games or pinball machines!

We had another huge show last year with over 350 games, lots of fun tournaments, exhibitions, and activities, and I hope we can count on your support to keep the momentum going for this year. As always, in exchange for contributing to the show you qualify for the following incentives:
    - a weekend pass for each working game you bring.
    - all the benefits of pre-registration, including early admission.
    - access to the Contributor Only preview night.
    - a free Zapcon t-shirt if you bring 5 or more games
    - a ticket for a drawing to win a FREE ARCADE GAME for each game you bring.
    - An exclusive "contributor" keepsake name badge
    - a golden opportunity to sell or trade games.

Most importantly you’ll be part of the Zapcon team, and gain the respect and admiration of your peers that you so richly deserve!

WANT A BRAND NEW PINBALL MACHINE ON THE CHEAP?
    Zapcon, Marco Specialties, and Stern Pinball are teaming up for 2019 to offer show discounted Stern pinball machines for pre-sale! This is a great opportunity to get a Stern game with just a few days of play on it. PLUS buying a game counts as bringing a game so you get all the previously mentioned perks!

Hurry as this offer is extremely limited!

Email Rachel at rbess [at] marcospec [dot] com for more information on pricing and availability.

The fine print:

Games will be shipped, unboxed, and setup for free-play in the Marco booth for the duration of the show.
    Quantities of some games are extremely limited.
    Games must be pre-ordered and paid in full on or before April 11th.
    You're responsible for breaking down, packing up and transporting the game after the show ends on Sunday at 6:00 pm.
    All sales are final. No upgrades/downgrades.
    Credit cards will incur an additional fee. Paying by check or money order is best.

Warm regards,
    The CGPS crew

2019 web header (resized).png2019 web header (resized).png

#2 5 years ago

Yay Zapcon! Can't get up there on Friday like normal because we have league, but I'll probably be up late Saturday.

#3 5 years ago

Love Zapcon, but those May dates just are not gonna work for me--bummer!

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Love Zapcon, but those May dates just are not gonna work for me--bummer!

I haven't heard why it was shifted. The old dates worked well for me, but the first weekend is always league, which makes it tough.

#5 5 years ago

I believe our usual weekend was booked, so Zapcon got bumped--something like that.

1 week later
    #6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

I believe our usual weekend was booked, so Zapcon got bumped--something like that.

Nailed it!

1 month later
    #7 5 years ago

Just a quick message to let you know that tickets are now on sale at zapcon.com! By pre-registering you get a cool badge & lanyard that you can't get day of, AND you can order the limited edition color Zapcon shirts available in women's and unisex sizes! At the show only black unisex shirts will be available, so get yours while you can!

#8 5 years ago

Met with Wes and here's my tentative list.
    Tried not to duplicate too much of stuff I brought in the past or things that were already on the list. May vary a little between now and then if something goes down etc.

Pinball:
    AC/DC - Luci Vault Edition
    Dirty Harry
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Creature From The Black Lagoon
    Demolition Man
    Guns N' Roses
    Indiana Jones
    Iron Maiden - Legacy of the Beast (Pro)
    Jurassic Park
    Terminator 2 Judgment Day

EM Games:
    Ambush (EM Shooter)
    Big Top Twin Rifle Gallery (EM shooter)
    Fun Land Rifle (EM shooter)

Arcade games:
    Bandido
    Bazooka
    Black Widow
    Blue Shark
    Sea Wolf

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Met with Wes and here's my tentative list.
    Tried not to duplicate too much of stuff I brought in the past or things that were already on the list. May vary a little between now and then if something goes down etc.
    Pinball:
    AC/DC - Luci Vault Edition
    Dirty Harry
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Creature From The Black Lagoon
    Demolition Man
    Guns N' Roses
    Indiana Jones
    Iron Maiden - Legacy of the Beast (Pro)
    Jurassic Park
    Terminator 2 Judgment Day
    EM Games:
    Ambush (EM Shooter)
    Big Top Twin Rifle Gallery (EM shooter)
    Fun Land Rifle (EM shooter)
    Arcade games:
    Bandido
    Bazooka
    Black Widow
    Blue Shark
    Sea Wolf

Just wanted to say thanks for bringing that many games. I'm bringing one up from Vail, but that's quite a haul you are offering.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Just wanted to say thanks for bringing that many games. I'm bringing one up from Vail, but that's quite a haul you are offering.

Thanks man.
    Yeah, it's going to take some effort, but I think it's worth it.

BTW, they updated the list of games today.
    Some pretty cool stuff got added.

#11 5 years ago

Worked on a few pins today to get them ready for the show.
    Updated Jurassic Park with the newest code (thanks kbliznick for burning the EPROMS and helping me out with this).
    Worked on a few other things as well.

Anyhow, free bump for ZapCon as we are less than a month away.

This thread needs more active participation peeps.
    I know a bunch of you AZ pinside members attend the show.
    You asses should be bumping this thread and keeping it relevant.
    Cheers
    Kent

#12 5 years ago

I'll be driving down for a fourth time to Zapcon. Always a blast!

#13 5 years ago

This will not only be my first Zapcon, but also my first time in AZ. I’m thoroughly excited!

#14 5 years ago

This will be my 4th year going, headed up from NM. Working on getting my Flash Gordon ready for the show. Just finished hardtop install and now rebuilding flippers/pops and adding titan rubbers and LEDs. All inserts in this restoration are clear so I’ll be able to do customize the inserts with new colors. Also need to refinish the cab, hopefully I’ll have enough time before zapcon to finish that potion of the restore. Excited to hang out with you all again!

04BFA72D-7630-4EB1-BB83-F29CDA9473D0 (resized).jpeg04BFA72D-7630-4EB1-BB83-F29CDA9473D0 (resized).jpeg3F7DF0E3-C1E8-488A-9BEE-984D3ADF6868 (resized).jpeg3F7DF0E3-C1E8-488A-9BEE-984D3ADF6868 (resized).jpeg
    #15 5 years ago

sounds like an awesome time, you guys have fun!

#16 5 years ago

This is going to be my first Zapcon.

Looking forward to this one to see how it compares to the other shows I've been to (CAX x1, Denver Pinball Showdown x1, Grinkfest x2, NW Pinball and Arcade Show x4 or 5).

#17 5 years ago

Bummed to miss this, hopefully next year I can trek out. Pinball and the AZ crew? Can you think of anything better? I can't.

#18 5 years ago

this is a super cool show and a fun place to hang with cool peeps! I'm going to miss this one this year though.

#19 5 years ago

I'll likely be using a different, larger trailer this year for the show. This means that peeps I know can borrow my small trailer if needed if that will make the difference between them bringing 1 game to the show to bringing 3 or more.

It's a 5x8 single axle trailer with a ramp. You can fit 3 WPC games soldiered, or 4 or more if the pins have removable heads. Note that if 3 WPC are soldiered that the last one loaded can't have a gun handle (IJ, FT etc)

There are 2 days of load in and 1 1/2 days of load out so maybe it can be used by more than 1 person or group.

#20 5 years ago

Excited as always. Can't wait to be there with the AZ arcade crew and meet new people.

#21 5 years ago

Ordered a few random parts today including a color DMD for Demolition Man, which I had been meaning to get for a while.
    Most of the machines are ready to go, but theres a couple that need some minor love before they are ready for the show.
    This thins is coming up on us quickly.

#22 5 years ago

This year's schedule is now live! Head on over to zapcon.com to check it out and plan your power naps accordingly.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from emsang:

This year's schedule is now live! Head on over to zapcon.com to check it out and plan your power naps accordingly.

Awesome, thanks for the update.

#24 5 years ago

Shows coming up really quick peeps.
    Looks like a ton of pins got added to the game list.

Exciting stuff.

#25 4 years ago

Nice! I can’t wait.

#26 4 years ago

On schedule to have Flash Gordon ready for ZapCon! Plays 100% now. Finished installing Titan rings and replaced all drop targets today. Just needs LED’s, cab and trim refinishing and we’re good to go.

0A1A79A8-9D68-4F80-AFB5-1A5EF0D66416 (resized).jpeg0A1A79A8-9D68-4F80-AFB5-1A5EF0D66416 (resized).jpegC2EDCE37-C6A2-42E1-8142-CBBB41D0802C (resized).jpegC2EDCE37-C6A2-42E1-8142-CBBB41D0802C (resized).jpeg
    #27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Andyzola87:

On schedule to have Flash Gordon ready for ZapCon! Plays 100% now. Finished installing Titan rings and replaced all drop targets today. Just needs LED’s, cab and trim refinishing and we’re good to go.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic!

#28 4 years ago

I'll be volunteering for this if my car can get me there! Looking forward to it. Probably play Battlezone a lot, and pinball of course.

#29 4 years ago

Were getting close, it’s starting to warm up

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from hanzie:

Were getting close, it’s starting to warm up

There'll be a hot time in the old town, Hanzie..

Hot time (resized).JPGHot time (resized).JPG
    #31 4 years ago

Can’t wait!!!

#32 4 years ago

Good Monday Morning All!!!

Zapcon this weekend..... bringing my HUO only LOTR for sale/Trade. Asking $6500.... looking to trade possibly for a GOTG Pro or Premium... open to discuss other trades.

#33 4 years ago

Just broke the halfway point in getting pins ready for the show.

#ineedabeer

2BA5ACDE-773F-48AA-9A35-A5263136CB17 (resized).jpeg2BA5ACDE-773F-48AA-9A35-A5263136CB17 (resized).jpeg
    #34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

#ineedabeer[quoted image]

You are a hero! Did the awesome bear game make the cut?

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

You are a hero! Did the awesome bear game make the cut?

It did not unfortunately. Too much to do this year and I had a work trip to Chicago right after the last repair party so didn’t have any time to work on it. Hopefully next year.
    Most of the pins are ready to load now (Just one more). In the morning I’ll wrap up a few arcade games and EM games, load up and then off to set up.

Picked this up today.

93826E70-BB1F-441B-BDFD-BCB09AD1F57E (resized).jpeg93826E70-BB1F-441B-BDFD-BCB09AD1F57E (resized).jpeg
    #36 4 years ago

Have a great time this year guys. Hopefully I can get back next year.

#37 4 years ago

We'll have most of our inventory at the show. Only game not being brought is our Sopranos with 30 or so original plays on it. Didn't want to change that number to 530 by the end of the weekend. Our restored Addams Family has less than that many plays on it's new playfield and WILL be at the show.

Show list of games for sale:
    All fully shopped and 100% working, LED's etc...
    Addams Family- New pf and nearly everything else new.
    Cyclone- cleared pf
    Space Shuttle- new pf hardtop
    Sinbad
    Bally Star Trek
    Lucky Draw Cocktail Pinball made in Phoenix, AZ in 1979 by Mirco Electronics
    Slugfest

Also will be bringing a few pins for a friend that are also for sale
    Centaur 2
    Laser Cue
    Flight 2000

Couple non pinball items for sale
    Golden Tee 2005
    Gyruss
    Pon Poko
    Chicago Coin World Series Pitch & Bat (in an upright cabinet)

#38 4 years ago

To everyone: Please check and level your games if you have the chance. At least half I have played so far are leaning right.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

#ineedabeer

Thank you to you and everyone else who brought games. Played for about 3 hours today. Got to play a few of yours, they were very fun.

#40 4 years ago

Wow what a great weekend, thanks to everyone who brought games! I’m new to owning games but after seeing how much effort some of you put into bringing your games, my family was inspired and we are committed to bringing our pins next year. We had a great time playing so many new games from different eras and talking to others to learn more about the pins. My sons loved Indy, CFBL and T2 and I was able to finally play Dialed in. Thanks again!

E41A2B72-B6EE-4402-84F8-42C4031E9F4E (resized).jpegE41A2B72-B6EE-4402-84F8-42C4031E9F4E (resized).jpeg
    #41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

#ineedabeer[quoted image]

Those pins are cool but could you please bring the telescope next time?

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from OldSpice:

Those pins are cool but could you please bring the telescope next time?

lol, that’s not a bad idea actually for next year. It would be fun to set out out in the courtyard at night.

#43 4 years ago

Where was Guardians? The wife and I looked everywhere for it as that was the only newer game we hadn't tried yet.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Where was Guardians? The wife and I looked everywhere for it as that was the only newer game we hadn't tried yet.

I think there was one in the new Stern area at the Marco booth.
    I didn’t get a chance to play much of the new pins, but there was a pro on the game list that posted on the list when they updated is with the show pins.

#45 4 years ago

Our Addams Family ended up with 498 plays by the end of the show. It was played literally non-stop for 14 1/2 hours on Saturday. It would have broken 500 plays if I didn't have to spend 15 minutes Sunday morning replacing a sticky coil sleeve. The coils never got a chance to cool down that a sleeve started to melt without a shorted coil or blown transistor and they were all new!!

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I think there was one in the new Stern area at the Marco booth.
    I didn’t get a chance to play much of the new pins, but there was a pro on the game list that posted on the list when they updated is with the show pins.

GoG was not at the show. Not sure why.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

GoG was not at the show. Not sure why.

There was one on the list last year as well that didn't end up there. I have since had a chance to play it with current code (early code at TPF didn't drop the orb drop target during ball search which was where I got it stuck) and it's really fun. Tournament play might have one or two paths, but casual play is pretty joyous. Keep looking for one to play, pinballmaps says there is one at Tilt in Chandler.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

There was one on the list last year as well that didn't end up there. I have since had a chance to play it with current code (early code at TPF didn't drop the orb drop target during ball search which was where I got it stuck) and it's really fun. Tournament play might have one or two paths, but casual play is pretty joyous. Keep looking for one to play, pinballmaps says there is one at Tilt in Chandler.

There is a pro at tilt and a premium at the Brass Tap in downtown Gilbert. It was the one that used to be at the Grid. I think they also have their Star Wars premium now too.

#49 4 years ago

Plays at Zapcon:
    Metallica Pro - 439
    Dialed In - 423
    Medusa - didn’t check before and sold it there anyway
    Iron Maiden Premium (bought there) - 332

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrDucks:

Plays at Zapcon:
    Metallica Pro - 439
    Dialed In - 423
    Medusa - didn’t check before and sold it there anyway
    Iron Maiden Premium (bought there) - 332

I played DI and MET once each. Played DI after one of the new Sterns and it felt like the flippers were weak, but they really aren’t. After a minute I had adjusted and was making shots left and right. Really like that games smoothness.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zapcon-7-classic-arcade-and-pinball-convention-in-az-may-4th-amp-5th?hl=melhadmj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.