(Topic ID: 206569)

ZAPCON 6: AZ's Classic Arcade and Pinball Con! April 21-22, 2018!

By toxicwes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shirt_zap6_F_tri-blue (resized).png
    shirt_zap6_F_blue (resized).png
    shirt_zap6_F_black (resized).png
    zapcon night grid 2018 (resized).png
    zap6webBanner (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

Happy New Year everybody! A new year means an new Zapcon, and preparations are well underway! Mark your calendars for April 21-22. Pre-registration will be available soon!

Last year we put together an astounding collection of over 350 games! That's all thanks to private collectors and local businesses in the gaming community. If you would like to be part of this year's show, here's what you can do:

BRING A GAME
    The majority of games at Zapcon come from private collectors... perhaps like you! In exchange for contributing an arcade game or pinball machine to the show you qualify for the following incentives:
    -a weekend pass for each working game you bring.
    -all the benefits of pre-registration, including early admission.
    -access to the Contributor Only preview night.
    -a free Zapcon t-shirt if you bring 5 or more games that will grant you perks at Zapcon Nights throughout the year.
    -a ticket for a drawing to win a FREE ARCADE GAME for each game you bring.
    -an exclusive "contributor" keepsake name badge that will grant you perks at Zapcon Nights throughout the year..
    -a golden opportunity to sell or trade games.
    -Most importantly you’ll be part of the Zapcon team, and gain the respect and admiration of your peers that you so richly deserve!

VOLUNTEER
    Give us a few hours of your time and you'll qualify for the following:
    -A weekend pass.
    -Early admission on Saturday and Sunday.
    -An exclusive "Volunteer" keepsake name badge that will grant you perks at Zapcon Nights throughout the year.
    -Be part of the Zapcon team, and a valued member of the pinball & arcade community.

ZAPCON NIGHTS
    Wearing a Zapcon badge or shirt gets you discounts and free stuff at Zapcon Nights! In fact, Join us for the next one Jan. 12th at Bonus Round: https://www.facebook.com/events/392711661167767/

To keep up to date on Zapcon news, check in on our website and Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1250874968379500/
    If you're interested in bringing games to the show or volunteering, email me at wes [at] zapcon [dot] com.

Thank you once again for your support, and we hope to see you in April!
    Wes & the CGPS team

zap6webBanner (resized).pngzap6webBanner (resized).png

3 weeks later
    #2 6 years ago

2 months, 21 days, 7 hours before I deliver my game to the floor.

#3 6 years ago

Looking forward to another great Zapcon! Thanks to the whole team who puts it together and everyone who brings their games to share!

2 weeks later
    #4 6 years ago

Join us for the final Zapcon Night before the actual Zapcon!

There'll be an IFPA Match Play pinball tournament starting at 7pm, which is FREE if you wear your Zapcon shirt or badge!

Even if you're not into competitive pinball, come hang out with your fellow gaming enthusiasts and have a pint!

https://www.facebook.com/events/2306452392701860/

zapcon night grid 2018 (resized).pngzapcon night grid 2018 (resized).png

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from toxicwes:

Join us for the final Zapcon Night before the actual Zapcon!
    There'll be an IFPA Match Play pinball tournament starting at 7pm, which is FREE if you wear your Zapcon shirt or badge!
    Even if you're not into competitive pinball, come hang out with your fellow gaming enthusiasts and have a pint!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2306452392701860/

The Grid is the best barcade in Phoenix. Super fun, great beer, great staff. Going to try and make it out.

1 week later
    #6 6 years ago

The games list for Zapcon 6 is up: http://zapcon.com/games.php

Of course we're still looking for games and volunteers. For every working game you bring you get a weekend pass, a super-awesome exclusive personalized badge & lanyard, access to the Contributors Only Preview Night, a ZapCon shirt (if you bring 5+ games), early access to the game room Sat. & Sun., and our eternal gratitude for being an important part of the AZ arcade/pinball community.

If you'd like to help out for a few hours in exchange for a weekend pass or bring a game, email: wes [at] zapcon [dot] com.

See you all soon!

#7 6 years ago

Zapcon passes are now on sale!

Also we're offering some pre-order-only color shirts in unisex and women's cuts! You'll only be able to purchase black unisex shirts at the show.

Get yours now!
    https://zapcon.com/tickets.php

shirt_zap6_F_black (resized).pngshirt_zap6_F_black (resized).png
    shirt_zap6_F_blue (resized).pngshirt_zap6_F_blue (resized).png
    shirt_zap6_F_tri-blue (resized).pngshirt_zap6_F_tri-blue (resized).png

3 weeks later
    #8 6 years ago

TODAY (April 3rd) will be your last chance to order a personalized badge or shirts that aren’t black and unisex. We have to place our order with the printers. After the 3rd you’ll only be able to preorder blank badges and black unisex shirts.

Get over to the store and grab them while you still can! https://zapcon.com/tickets.php

#9 6 years ago

What are these Blank Badges you speak of?

Got it . Just ordered.

#10 6 years ago

toxicwes
    can you elaborate on the tournament?
    no details on the website about the format. The event on the IFPA shows its as a 6 game lineup with points based on your score for qualifying, but not details on if entries are limited or unlimited, how much it costs, etc etc. I might be tempted to make the trip, found a round trip flight for 119 bucks, but would love more info on the format.
    Thanks!

#11 6 years ago

Trying to purchase tickets and I keep getting invalid email notifications, pretty sure I know my email is address. Am I missing something?

Edit : accepted my gmail account but not my Yahoo account, weird ?

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

toxicwes
    can you elaborate on the tournament?
    no details on the website about the format. The event on the IFPA shows its as a 6 game lineup with points based on your score for qualifying, but not details on if entries are limited or unlimited, how much it costs, etc etc. I might be tempted to make the trip, found a round trip flight for 119 bucks, but would love more info on the format.
    Thanks!

In the past there has been a main and classics event. Unlimited qualifying and in the ballpark of $2 a ticket. Top 16 in main make A finals and 17-24 make B finals. In classics I think it's top 8 or 12 make finals and no B division.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

In the past there has been a main and classics event. Unlimited qualifying and in the ballpark of $2 a ticket. Top 16 in main make A finals and 17-24 make B finals. In classics I think it's top 8 or 12 make finals and no B division.

Thanks for some info. Do they announce the game banks prior to the event?

#14 6 years ago

Thanks for some info. Do they announce the game banks prior to the event?

If they do, it's not with very much notice. That's been something I haven't really liked for the last few years.

#15 6 years ago

id love to know more about it but its hard to make a decision to go without much info to go off of

#16 6 years ago

tried contacting them on facebook as well yesterday, still no response. oh well. needed to know today to ask for work off.

#17 6 years ago

tried contacting them on facebook as well yesterday, still no response. oh well. needed to know today to ask for work off.

Zapcon doesn't run the tournament, Mark Pearson does and I don't know of a good way to contact him.

#18 6 years ago

I've 4 acoustic sound dampening panels for sale. I can deliver them to Zapcon on Saturday.

Other - For Sale
    “3 Acoustic sound dampening panels for sale $60 each or $150 for the set of 3. Panels constructed of: - MDF frame - Nylon screen - Roxul Safe 'n' Sound insulation - Deluxe thick f...”
    2019-02-25
    Tucson, AZ
    60 (Firm)
    Archived after: 42 days
    Viewed: 277 times

#19 6 years ago

**crickets**

What's the attendance at this show? I've never been.

#20 6 years ago

Last year was over 2300 I believe and it’s growing every year.

#21 6 years ago

Mark is supermegagoon here.

Who's selling pins there?

#22 6 years ago

I went 2 years ago, its was pretty packed but there were so many machines that it wasn't hard to find an open one.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

I went 2 years ago, its was pretty packed but there were so many machines that it wasn't hard to find an open one.

There were a few machines that were tough to get one but (hobbit, cv). But overall it was pretty easy.

What's the etiquette on playing multiple games if someone is waiting?

#24 6 years ago

If someone was waiting I was 1 and done. When I got a turn on the Hobbit, I asked the guy waiting if I could play a second game and he didn't mind. Of course my game lasted all of 3 minutes, YMMV.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

If someone was waiting I was 1 and done. When I got a turn on the Hobbit, I asked the guy waiting if I could play a second game and he didn't mind. Of course my game lasted all of 3 minutes, YMMV.

Yeah, that's what I usually do. Just give others a chance. I was waiting to play IJ and some guy got up there and started 4 games for himself...was sad.

#26 6 years ago

that is a full on dick move

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

that is a full on dick move

People do it all the time and I usually say something.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

People do it all the time and I usually say something.

They sure do especially the douchebag that wouldn't stop playing Banzai Run last year. Not only did he start 4 player games, he also started another round of 4 after he was finished.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

They sure do especially the douchebag that wouldn't stop playing Banzai Run last year. Not only did he start 4 player games, he also started another round of 4 after he was finished.

I'd straight-up call them out on that BS. Damn 'campers.'

#30 6 years ago

Same thing happened last year. A lady played 3-4 games in a row on WOZ with a line of about 4-5 people behind her, it’s irritating.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Andyzola87:

Same thing happened last year. A lady played 3-4 games in a row on WOZ with a line of about 4-5 people behind her, it’s irritating.

wasnt oxygen tank lady was it? I had her lean in in front of me while I was playing on like 5 different machines

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

wasnt oxygen tank lady was it? I had her lean in in front of me while I was playing on like 5 different machines

Lol, I don’t think she had an oxy tank

#33 6 years ago

Most people don’t know how to start a single player game when it’s in free play. Just mash the button until they realize the ball is in the shooter lane. Major downside of things set on free play. N00bs!

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

If gets to that point, I will just reach down and turn it off .
    Then have a chat .

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Man you want to meet up this year ???

#36 6 years ago

I can tell you the modern bank will have IFM pro, prolly Kiss, AS, TWD, ACDC Prem and Kiss. Just my guess based on what Pro models Mark has (and which aren't in his basement), plus Marco's bringing a bunch of IMs and other NIBs on special.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Andyzola87:

Just turn the power off to the game. OOPS DID I DO THAAAAAAT?

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Man you want to meet up this year ???

Sure, we're going to be there Saturday.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Sure, we're going to be there Saturday.

Sounds good ,
    Look forward to meeting.

#40 6 years ago

Hey golfingdad1 , want to meet up?

#41 6 years ago

Classics bank: Stars, EBD, El Dorado, one more

Modern bank: IFM, Shadow, NF, TNA, 2 others

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from zene10:

Nah ,
    Had enough Friday Night !

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from zene10:

Thanks again .
    Of course, I'm easy to find & hard to miss .

#44 6 years ago

5 IMDNs???

#45 6 years ago

And 2 TNAs! I can't wait.

#46 6 years ago

I have a set of used White Water ramps and plastics I can bring to Zapcon.

Make me an offer.

SOLD!
    Parts - For Sale
    Used, fair condition - “White Water Plastics set, original, used. I will be attending Texas Pinball Festival and can bring the set to avoid shipping fees. See pictures for details. +$3.75 for domestic ...”
    2018-04-20
    Tucson, AZ
    20 (OBO)
    Archived after: 23 days
    Viewed: 161 times

Parts - For Sale
    Used, fair condition - “I have a complete set of White Water ramps , 7 total, plus an extra Insanity Falls ramp. The original set of 7 was pulled during a recent complete teardown of a WH2O I purchased. ...”
    2018-07-19
    Tucson, AZ
    150 (OBO)
    Archived after: 57 days
    Viewed: 211 times

#47 6 years ago

I want to buy TWO beautiful pins this weekend. Bring NGGs, FTs, TAFs, RBIONs.

#48 6 years ago

I'll be there on Saturday. Probably from like 12-5pm or so.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zapcon-6-azs-classic-arcade-and-pinball-con-april-21-22-2018?hl=jester523 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.