(Topic ID: 148677)

ZapCon 4 - Mesa, AZ, April 16-17 2016: Be Part of the Excitement!

By toxicwes

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ZapCon8_(resized).jpg
    image.jpeg
    ZapconIV4_(resized).jpg
    ZapconIV3_(resized).jpg
    ZapconIV2_(resized).jpg
    ZapconIV1_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4450_(resized).jpg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4449_(resized).jpg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4448_(resized).jpg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4447_(resized).jpg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4446_(resized).jpg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4445_(resized).jpg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4444_(resized).jpg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4443_(resized).jpg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4441_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toxicwes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hey gang,
    It’s the time of year again where we rally the troops and try to beat last year’s game count. At ZapCon 3.0 we were creeping up on 300 games. Let’s see if we can surpass it this year!

We’re offering the tried and true incentives:
    -a weekend pass for every fully functional game you bring
    -a collectible “Contributor” badge and lanyard that is unique from normal attendees
    -early entrance to the event on both days

AND we’ve added:
    -A free “ZapCon 4” t-shirt if you bring 5+ games
    -access to the “Contributor Only” game time the Friday night before the event

We’ve got a couple more surprises in the works for you, so stay tuned!

Also, if you have a business or product you’d like to get in front of the southwest’s classic gaming community, we have vendor and sponsor opportunities available.

ZapCon is as much your event as it is ours, and I hope you take as much pride in it as we do. Word of mouth is the best way for people to find out about us, so PLEASE spread the word to other collectors and enthusiasts.

SO WHAT GAMES ARE YOU BRINGING?

Wes Cleveland
    wes [at] zapcon [dot] com
    https://www.facebook.com/zapconaz
    @Zapcon_AZ

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Cant wait ! Will there be a discounted hotel rate for out of town guests like last year ?

Yes there will. As soon as I get the contract back from the Marriott, I'll post the information.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jdawg4422:

THX for making this happen again Wes!!! I will be there with atleast a couple pins again this year.

Awesome Jason! Thanks for being part of the show again!

2 weeks later
    #13 8 years ago

The game pledges are coming in at a steady pace, but there’s still room for more! As another way to say thank-you, we’ve decided to give away a FREE ARCADE GAME to one lucky contributor! You will be entered into a drawing once for each game you bring to the show, so the more games you bring, the better your odds.

email me if you're interested in being part of Team ZapCon!
    wes [at] zapcon [dot] com

#14 8 years ago

Just created the pinside event for ZapCon: https://pinside.com/pinball/events/zapcon-iv-2016

#21 8 years ago

If you're coming in from out of town or just want to stay close to the action, we finally secured this year's discount room rate at the Phoenix Marriott Mesa!

The deadline for reservations is March 18th, so don't procrastinate.

phxmme01_(resized).jpgphxmme01_(resized).jpg

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Made my reservation. ...
    Hey Wes , is there any possibility of having some food trucks available this year ? There just wasn't any place really around to grab some grub, that I could find, beside the less than desirable bar across the street.
    I figure it would be a good opportunity for the food truck vendors , captive audience.
    Just a thought.

There WILL be food trucks there both days.

1 week later
    #29 8 years ago

D&D Pinball will be making the trek up from Tucson again to grace us with an assortment of their fine pinball machines for you to enjoy at ZapCon! Thanks Robert and crew!

1 week later
    #33 8 years ago

This year’s game list is now live! Keep checking it at zapcon.com, and watch it grow as we get closer to showtime!

If you’d like to be part of the fun, we’re still accepting game submissions and filling volunteer slots. Contact me at wes [at] zapcon [dot] com and together we can put together something really special!

Zapcon-19Apr2015-54_(resized).jpgZapcon-19Apr2015-54_(resized).jpg

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Are tickets available yet for purchase ?

Pre-sale tickets and t-shirts will be up very soon.

1 week later
    #35 8 years ago

ZapCon ticket pre-registration and shirt pre-orders are now live on zapcon.com! This year's schedule and games list are up to date as well. Check it out!

If you’d like to be part of the fun, we’re still accepting game submissions and filling volunteer slots. Contact me at wes [at] zapcon [dot] com.

1 week later
    #39 8 years ago

Want to get a weekend pass for ZapCon but short on cash? Want to help us put on an awesome show on a shoestring budget?

We're looking for volunteers! Give us a few hours and we'll give you a weekend pass! Contact wes [at] zapcon [dot] com to sign up.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

I have a Star Trek Premium for sale.
    Fully modded , 850 total plays, I may consider bringing to Zapcon

Please do! I don't think we've had a Stern Star Trek at the show yet.

1 week later
    #55 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_APPL:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be bringing a Hobbit to the show and putting it in the free play area for everyone to enjoy!

Thanks Mark!

1 week later
    #64 8 years ago

Hot off the presses!

zap4shirt_(resized).jpgzap4shirt_(resized).jpg

#65 8 years ago

Check out Firebird Pinball's custom Walking Dead pinball machine that's based on the comic! Come see it in person at ZapCon IV! http://firebirdpinball.com/news-first-photos-of-our-custom-walking-dead-machine/

2 weeks later
    #91 8 years ago

Hey gang,
    I just wanted to thank everyone for coming out. This was the best Zapcon yet, with over 300 games and nearly 2000 guests. Thank you for being part of it!

I took a bunch of pictures at the show. You can check them out here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1183107935033567.1073741833.591319554212411&type=3

I hope I'll see you all next year!
    Wes

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toxicwes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zapcon-4-mesa-az-april-16-17-2016-be-part-of-the-excitement?tu=toxicwes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.