(Topic ID: 148677)

ZapCon 4 - Mesa, AZ, April 16-17 2016: Be Part of the Excitement!

By toxicwes

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ZapCon8_(resized).jpg
    image.jpeg
    ZapconIV4_(resized).jpg
    ZapconIV3_(resized).jpg
    ZapconIV2_(resized).jpg
    ZapconIV1_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4450_(resized).jpg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4449_(resized).jpg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4448_(resized).jpg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4447_(resized).jpg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4446_(resized).jpg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4445_(resized).jpg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4444_(resized).jpg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4443_(resized).jpg
    AZ_TZ_FS_D4441_(resized).jpg
    There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be bringing a Hobbit to the show and putting it in the free play area for everyone to enjoy!

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_APPL:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be bringing a Hobbit to the show and putting it in the free play area for everyone to enjoy!

This is exciting news!!! This should bring in more folks to the show and to the hobby. Cant wait. Now we need a WOZ too!

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_APPL:

Awesome!!!

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_APPL:

Nice! Played one at TPF and would enjoy getting a few more games on it.

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_APPL:

Thanks Mark!

#56 8 years ago

Will there be a Ghostbusters at Zapcon?

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

Will there be a Ghostbusters at Zapcon?

I heard that it's a possibility

#58 8 years ago

GB production got pushed back a few weeks, so not looking like there will be one at Zapcon. Tucson Pinball will have one whenever they start shipping.

#59 8 years ago

Anybody looking to trade out their Eight Ball Deluxe and Skateball? I'm looking for both from projects to players.

#60 8 years ago

I'm still interested in a Rollergames if there are any around =) Diamond plate preferred.

See you all at the show!

#61 8 years ago

Just perused the game list on the ZapCon site. Super stoked to finally play AMH, GOT, Hobbit and check out the Custom Goonies Pin. Thanks to every one that is contributing!

http://zapcon.com/games.php

#62 8 years ago

Ghostbusters might make it to the show .......I'm just saying ...it might ....

#63 8 years ago

You'd

Quoted from Monarca1091:Ghostbusters might make it to the show .......I'm just saying ...it might ....

You'd be my hero

#64 8 years ago

Hot off the presses!

zap4shirt_(resized).jpgzap4shirt_(resized).jpg

#65 8 years ago

Check out Firebird Pinball's custom Walking Dead pinball machine that's based on the comic! Come see it in person at ZapCon IV! http://firebirdpinball.com/news-first-photos-of-our-custom-walking-dead-machine/

#66 8 years ago

I'm not going to click on that link just to see it in person first Psyched for this as it's my birthday weekend and I just got back from PAPA

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

I'm not going to click on that link just to see it in person first Psyched for this as it's my birthday weekend and I just got back from PAPA

Are you coming in for this Gene? Looking forward to seeing the shots you take.

#68 8 years ago

Just bought two tix, will be there for the early hour. Glad to see Hobbit! And on the main floor no less! Gonna hit that one early, I got to play an early version of WOZ a few years ago, would love to see one of those. Geeked for America's Most Haunted, and some other machines I've yet to experience. Bringing a friend who is starting to share my love for pinball, but she is also an arcade geek.

So glad its still in Mesa, last year was so much better, only issue I had was that some machines were practically silent, and others were so freaking loud you couldn't hear the machines at the normal sound level.

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Are you coming in for this Gene? Looking forward to seeing the shots you take.

Yep!

#70 8 years ago

WooHoo, coming this weekend! Cant wait!

On another note any chance anyone is bringing games to the show and are coming from or going through south scottsdale? If so do you have room for two more machines? Or does anyone have a trailer i could borrow just to load and unload two pinball machines this weekend?

#71 8 years ago

I'm taking a very cool rare pinball I just got ....its an EM horse racing pinball game called "derby day" by Williams only 118 ever made ...its a great fun pinball ....

#72 8 years ago

(x-post from AZ-FSFT thread)
    I'm selling my personal Twilight Zone at Zapcon IV (April 16&17) for $6800.

Its in great condition and plays perfectly. All plastics are intact, very little wear on the table, translight in excellent condition. The cabinet looks great, although the left side is a little faded. Check out the pics and you'll see that overall this TZ is in excellent shape.
    It has the original ramps, powerball, and clock, with super-bands on all four flippers and LED lamps in the backbox and GI lighting (still has incandescent bulbs below, ran out of LEDs). No other custom modifications, a modder's dream!
    Its in my shop here in Tucson, AZ and I'll be bringing it to Zapcon this weekend at the Mesa Convention Center in Mesa, AZ.
    Come down and give it a test run and you'll find its a tremendously fun classic you can't live without.

D&D Pinball is also selling a few machines at Zapcon. An excellent looking Dr. Dude, a very sharp Strange Science, and a fast playing Tales From the Crypt. Also, my friend Wayne from Tucson Pinball will be selling his Popeye Saves the Earth.

Any that don't sell at Zapcon will still be available for purchase at D&D Pinball at 331 E. 7th St. in Tucson.
    See you there, pinheads! WOOTWOOT!

AZ_TZ_FS_D4442_(resized).jpgAZ_TZ_FS_D4442_(resized).jpg

AZ_TZ_FS_D4441_(resized).jpgAZ_TZ_FS_D4441_(resized).jpg

AZ_TZ_FS_D4443_(resized).jpgAZ_TZ_FS_D4443_(resized).jpg

AZ_TZ_FS_D4444_(resized).jpgAZ_TZ_FS_D4444_(resized).jpg

AZ_TZ_FS_D4445_(resized).jpgAZ_TZ_FS_D4445_(resized).jpg

AZ_TZ_FS_D4446_(resized).jpgAZ_TZ_FS_D4446_(resized).jpg

AZ_TZ_FS_D4447_(resized).jpgAZ_TZ_FS_D4447_(resized).jpg

AZ_TZ_FS_D4448_(resized).jpgAZ_TZ_FS_D4448_(resized).jpg

AZ_TZ_FS_D4449_(resized).jpgAZ_TZ_FS_D4449_(resized).jpg

AZ_TZ_FS_D4450_(resized).jpgAZ_TZ_FS_D4450_(resized).jpg

#73 8 years ago

Any word on Ghostbusters?

#74 8 years ago

Who you gonna call? ZAPCON this weekend. Kids cant wait. What a great line up of arcades and pinball machines.....

BIG THANKS to ALL those making the effort to make this happen. It is a lot of work for those making it happen.

Check out the Folks and the games they have pulled together, OUTSTANDING!!:

http://zapcon.com/games.php

#75 8 years ago

Can't wait
    See u all tomorrow

#76 8 years ago

Zapcon 4 is awesome! Great lineup.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#77 8 years ago

What a GREAT time today as a Dad-Daughter date!! Soooo much fun, and so many kids having a blast, with all the other older pinheads and arcade fans! The Hobbit was fun!! Hope to play it again tomorrow, along with as many other way cool pins these folks have pulled together, and all working!!!! i.e. We went to Doctor Who, and it was in ball search mode. Came back after finishing The Hobbit and it was fixed and open for fun!! That IS awesome. My daughter really wanted to play the Hobbit and Doctor Who.

Big THANKS to Firebird Pinball and D&D pinball in Tucson (right on UofA campus, way cool). Wes---GREAT JOB!! You guys ROCK!

Little girl smiles say it all.....priceless.

ZapconIV1_(resized).jpgZapconIV1_(resized).jpg

ZapconIV2_(resized).jpgZapconIV2_(resized).jpg

ZapconIV3_(resized).jpgZapconIV3_(resized).jpg

ZapconIV4_(resized).jpgZapconIV4_(resized).jpg

#78 8 years ago

There were a lot of kids there all day on Saturday, which was very cool to see. Great show--looking forward to next year!

#79 8 years ago

Had fun but my feet hurt now.

#80 8 years ago

Zapcon was great, thanks to everybody that helped put it together!

I was able to snap a pic of Elvira with my Elvira.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#81 8 years ago

Great to see and meet everyone that came by our little tailgate and had a beer.

#82 8 years ago

Thanks Wes! Fun as always, I only was there for about 4 hours on Saturday, had some hand and foot issues that pinball was definitely not making better (the pleasure was worth the pain). Tool my GF to the event, she had a ball, she is learning how to play pinball and really had fun. I was too impatient to hit Game of Thrones, but I did get a game in on The Hobbit. That is a deep game, the printed chart was boggling, but good to see a playable Jersey Jack machine.

Thanks again for having this in PHX!

#83 8 years ago

Had a great time at my first Zapcon - thanks everyone who brought games, ran tournaments, etc. I saw that Doctor Who in ball search and turned it on and off and that worked. I wanted to play it myself

Posted some shots from the weekend here too: http://store.orangephotography.com/p329018886

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Had a great time at my first Zapcon - thanks everyone who brought games, ran tournaments, etc. I saw that Doctor Who in ball search and turned it on and off and that worked. I wanted to play it myself
    Posted some shots from the weekend here too: http://store.orangephotography.com/p329018886

I was having such a blast in zapcon too....until you knocked me out of the tournament .....lol

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from Monarca1091:

I was having such a blast in zapcon too....until you knocked me out of the tournament .....lol

I was having such a blast in zapcon too....until you knocked me out of the tournament

#86 8 years ago

Tales of Cthulhu.

ZapCon8_(resized).jpgZapCon8_(resized).jpg

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

Tales of Cthulhu.

ZapCon8_(resized).jpg

I walked over to play that when it was dark. Got a feel for the plush cab side and felt like I should have brought some $1's.

Fun game, tough left outlane.

#88 8 years ago
    Quoted from Monarca1091:

Ha thanks for bringing your sweet AFM - really nice machine!

#89 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_APPL:

I want to thank you for bringing TH. Was that a Smaug Edition? The lockdown bar was Gorgeous. Very cool!!!

I was pleasantly surprised with TH for the single play I had. I got a MB with score of 166,000+ which aids in the pleasurable feeling of some minor minor accomplishment. Love the widebody and heavy feel to it. The ball was "floaty" for my impression, as described elsewhere, similar to my ELVIS. A true patience tester/nerve racker for the ball to settle down some. I wish I had my camera on a tripod to see the video during my game play. Just beautiful color movie clips. Beautiful!! Thanks again!

#90 8 years ago
    Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I want to thank you for bringing TH. Was that a Smaug Edition? The lockdown bar was Gorgeous. Very cool!!!
    I was pleasantly surprised with TH for the single play I had. I got a MB with score of 166,000+ which aids in the pleasurable feeling of some minor minor accomplishment. Love the widebody and heavy feel to it. The ball was "floaty" for my impression, as described elsewhere, similar to my ELVIS. A true patience tester/nerve racker for the ball to settle down some. I wish I had my camera on a tripod to see the video during my game play. Just beautiful color movie clips. Beautiful!! Thanks again!

Go play it at Cobra in downtown PHX - heard that and Star Trek, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and Metallica will all be going there after Zapcon

#91 8 years ago

Hey gang,
    I just wanted to thank everyone for coming out. This was the best Zapcon yet, with over 300 games and nearly 2000 guests. Thank you for being part of it!

I took a bunch of pictures at the show. You can check them out here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1183107935033567.1073741833.591319554212411&type=3

I hope I'll see you all next year!
    Wes

#92 7 years ago

2000 guests, very nice!

What type of marketing do you do for Zapcon in the metro PHX area? I know I see everything on FB and have it on my calendar anyway, but are there any simple ways to get more exposure (if that is what you want)? There is a lot of word of mouth that goes on in Tucson, but can we do anything more? Spitballing...

2 weeks later
    #93 7 years ago

Wes, PM sent.

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zapcon-4-mesa-az-april-16-17-2016-be-part-of-the-excitement/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.