Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Aerobatics-SCM-IND-pinside-Work-02 (resized).jpg
20171226_110955 (resized).jpg
20180128_101909 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Hi Classicpinballs
a good site: http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/ - then click on "Electromechanical Games" and You land here http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/em/index.html - then click on the schematics of Aerobatics.

I do not see an "Score-Reset-Relay" in the schematics --- I see an "Reset Up Relay" - (in a functioning pin) this does not constantly run - it might be rhythmically actuate as the Reset-Relay is constantly pulling and the Score-Motor constantly turns and turns and turns - in Your friends pin ?

In the schematics I see "Switch on Reset-Relay when closed makes the motor run and run and run" - the switch has soldered-on "wire-yellow" and "wire-green-red" - is this the switch You mention in post-1 ?

The Coil on the Reset-Relay has soldered-on on one side: (Most likely TWO) wire(s) of color-black - on the other side of the coil is a short wire running to "Switch mounted on the relay - the so-called Self-Hold-Switch***" - lets try and CHEAT a bit - have the Score-Drums resetted - toggle-off the pin - sneak-in a stripe of paper in-between the contact-points on the switchblades of this Self-Hold-Switch*** - make it electrically open. Then toggle-on and start a game - what happens ?

Self-Hold-Switch***: As You are at this switch: Look-out for "IS THIS SWITCH TRUELY OPEN when the relay is not pulling" ?

"Sneaking in a stripe of paper" is not fixing - it is only a test in troubleshooting. Greetings Rolf

#8 6 years ago

Hi Classicpinballs
I am not very happy with the schematics - some places the wire-color is not mentioned - a switch is drawn but no text to it - the Score-Motor-Switch-IND-C is a three-bladed M&B-Switch and it is drawn five times in the schematics - the text at the drawing of "Score-Motor" I do not understand "Brake-Part is '24 Volt broken off' " - hmm, never read such a text.
The schematics uses "Reset Relay and Reset Up Relay" - but Your picture in post-5 clearly shows "Reset Score Relay and ...ore Relay" --- the drawing of switches on Score-Motor-INDex-Cam lists switches A,B,C,D means four switches and in the picture in post-5 we see five switches - You write about "two tiny wires not connected to anything" - hmm, what wires ?

I have taken Your picture and added twice the letters "A" through "K" - questions: are truely "left A connected to right A" ? B to B ? ... K to K ? The tiny wires - are "E and F" ???

Lets find out about the switches on the INDex-Cam --- I believe "my K and my J" is IND-D is the Self-Hold-Switch for the Score-Motor run --- try - when the pin is idling - motor not running: Gently press the "my K blade" down a bit to get into contact with "my J blade" and then let go --- the motor should start running and do a turn of half of a revolution --- DOES the motor do this ? If Your answer is "Yes": We can identify "my K and my J" beeing Switch SCM-IND-D (?).

The schematics says "SCM-IND-A is an Normally-Closed Switch for Game-Relay, SCM-IND-B is an Normally-Closed Switch for Hole-Up-Relay" --- "my A and my B --- also my C and my D" are Normally-Closed-Switches - lets assume "all good".

My working thesis is "my E and my F" are the switch with UNUSED wires (is this true ?) - lets assume "all good".

So the remaining three blades probably are "the problematic zone" - "my G, my H, my I" --- when the motor is not running means at rest: "My G and my H" must have contact --- as the motor starts turning and when it is turning: "my H MUST move away from my G --- my H must move towards and get into contact to my I" --- question: DOES "my H moves AWAY from my G - "my H LOOSES contact with my G" ???
"my H has in Your picture soldered-on Wire-Yellow" --- the color of "my G" is well, something-with-maybe-blue ? --- please look at the steady pulling Reset-Relay - at the switches - at the switch "a short wire runs from one side of the coil on Reset-Relay to blade on the switch" - THIS Switch: Do You see the same wire-color something-with-maybe-blue on THIS Switch ???

Please have the pin toggled-off and the main power cord unplugged (Safety Reasons) - have the Score-Drums manually resetted - sneak-in a stripe of paper in-between "my G and my H" - to securely keep the contact-points of the two blades separated / apart --- then plug-in, toggle-on, start a game - what happens ? Have the symptoms of the fault dissapeared - means the motor does NOT run - Score-Reset-Relay does not actuate ?
Greetings Rolf

0Aerobatics-SCM-IND-pinside-Work-02 (resized).jpg0Aerobatics-SCM-IND-pinside-Work-02 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zacharia-aerobatics-reset-problem?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.