Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by docquest
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9479 (resized).JPG

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Stern Pinball announced today the hiring of Zach Sharpe as Director of
    Marketing. Zach will take on marketing accountabilities from recently
    promoted Jody Dankberg who will serve as the New Director of Licensing and
    New Business Development. Please see the attached press release.

Please join us in welcoming Zach to the Stern family!

Best regards,

John Buscaglia
    Chief Revenue Officer
    Stern Pinball, Inc.

!Another Pinball Magazine scoop!

#2 6 years ago

Was that job posted?

#3 6 years ago

Full press release:

Elk Grove Village, IL – August 11, 2017 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world's oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball machines, announced today the hiring of Zach Sharpe as Director of Marketing. Zach will take on marketing accountabilities from recently promoted Jody Dankberg who will serve as the New Director of Licensing and New Business Development. Zach most recently worked as Senior Marketing Producer for world renowned marketing agency iris Worldwide where he excelled at integrated marketing, social media, community engagement, consumer marketing, and strategy development.

In addition to Zach’s many professional accomplishments, Zach is a passionate pinball enthusiast who is currently the #1 ranked pinball player in the world. Zach has also extended his love of pinball by serving as Vice President of the International Flipper Pinball Association, and currently writing game reviews for Play Meter Magazine.

Zach will lead SPI in expanding its rapidly growing global business while focusing on extending the Stern entertainment experience within the consumer, commercial, and competitive player brand portfolio including pinball machines, merchandise, and accessories.

“With Jody focusing on growing our digital, private label, accessories, and merchandise portfolio while managing Stern’s critical licensing partnerships, Zach will add a heightened level of customer engagement. This dynamic duo continues Stern’s commitment to supporting our theme of Everything Pinball,” said John Buscaglia, Chief Revenue Officer of Stern Pinball.

About Stern Pinball, Inc.
    Stern Pinball, Inc., headquartered just outside Chicago, Illinois, is the oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball games in the world. Stern Pinball’s highly talented creative and technical teams design, engineer and manufacture a full line of popular pinball games, merchandise and accessories. Recent Stern titles include Star Wars, Aerosmith, Batman ‘66, Ghostbusters, Game of Thrones, WWE WrestleMania, The Walking Dead, Mustang, Star Trek, Metallica, The Avengers, X-Men, Tron, Transformers, Avatar, Iron Man, Batman, Spiderman and many more! All of Stern Pinball’s games are crafted by hand and assembled by Stern Pinball’s expert team. A broad range of players enjoy Stern’s games from professional pinball players that compete in high-stakes international competitions around the globe to novice players who are discovering the allure of the silver ball for the first time. To join the fun and learn more, please visit www.sternpinball.com.

#5 6 years ago

This is REALLY great news.
    Congratulations Mr. Sharpe.

#6 6 years ago

And to make sure there is no bias Stern games will not be used in IFPA tournaments and sanction events, right?

Congratulations Zach!

(discount? )

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Was that job posted?

Do you mean whether this was officially announced? or whether there was an open position officially announced like they were looking for someone?

#8 6 years ago

Stay tuned for even more Sternaments. Congrats Zach, sure you will do very well.

#9 6 years ago

Congrats Zach!

#10 6 years ago

Boy I'd love to be at that first meeting.

Zach: "OK I have some great ideas for the upcoming year."
    Gary: *pouring 8 oz of gin over ice*
    Zach: "So for marketing how about we like...show pictures, nice pictures of the games you can buy from us?"
    George: "Well that's a little aggressive don't you think?" I think few 400 pixel pictures are enough."
    Zach: "Well guys in today's global markets people expect a ton of information about things...we're even technically past the information age."
    *quizzical stares in the room*
    Zach: "Enhancing the relationship between costumer and brand in a partnership is really what drives today's business model."
    George: "Like what exactly?"
    Zach: "Talking to them, letting them know what's happening with our products, and giving them information about their purchases and updates, product lines, open communications.

GARY: "OK I think we're about done here let's talk about this some other time."

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Boy I'd love to be at that first meeting.
    Zach: "OK I have some great ideas for the upcoming year."
    Gary: *pouring 8 oz of gin over ice*
    Zach: "So for marketing how about we like...show pictures, nice pictures of the games you can buy from us?"
    George: "Well that's a little aggressive don't you think?" I think few 400 pixel pictures are enough."
    Zach: "Well guys in today's global markets people expect a ton of information about things...we're even technically past the information age."
    *quizzical stares in the room*
    Zach: "Enhancing the relationship between costumer and brand in a partnership is really what drives today's business model."
    George: "Like what exactly?"
    Zach: "Talking to them, letting them know what's happening with our products, and giving them information about their purchases and updates, product lines, open communications.
    GARY: "OK I think we're about done here let's talk about this some other time."

its like you were there....

#12 6 years ago

Congrats Zach... Roger, Josh, Zach - kinda like our very own Pinball Royal Family ! : )

#14 6 years ago

Congrats Zach! This is great news! I'm looking forward to smoother introductions of new products with a lot more material available on launch day. The dribbling of material over time has not been optimal. Good luck in your new role!

#15 6 years ago

Congratulations to Zach!

Does that mean all Jody's and Jared's ghost accounts will be deleted now?

First thing Zach needs to do is unban everyone from their Facebook page. This way their best customers can troll them there as well.

Or maybe not so sarcastic

#16 6 years ago

Rock on!

IMG_9479 (resized).JPGIMG_9479 (resized).JPG

#17 6 years ago

I do NOT see how any way shape or form he should be allowed to participate in tournaments TOOO much inside info

#18 6 years ago

I was expecting to see it say Jody was let go of not promoted lol

Cayle's ranked #1 right meow #fakenews

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I do NOT see how any way shape or form he should be allowed to participate in tournaments TOOO much inside info

He probably knows what both buttons do!!

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

He probably knows what both buttons do!!

Hey this is Stern there's even 3 buttons...too many i know soooo confusing!!!

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Lyman seems to do ok juggling both.

#22 6 years ago

I didn't realize Stern HAD a marketing director ...

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Or, yep that was the one thing holding you back from victory

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Lyman seems to do ok juggling both.

And Elwin...

#25 6 years ago

This is fantastic news. Stern hiring pinball people is an excellent move by them.

Good luck Zach!

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

This is fantastic news. Stern hiring pinball people is an excellent move by them.
    Good luck Zach!

Yes. Now if only they'd hire cabinet people, insert people, code people...

#27 6 years ago

Congratulations Zach! I'm sure your father is very proud of you. I hope you are able to bring the company and the hobby closer together as Roger did at Williams. It really helps everyone in the end. Good luck to you and Stern.

#28 6 years ago

Fresh people with fresh ideas can only be a good thing. Congrats, Zach.

#29 6 years ago

Whew, thought they were gonna higher a few more programmers.....

#30 6 years ago

Zach is a great choice, another smart hire by Stern. Some serious player talent in that building now!

#31 6 years ago

Surprised Jody still has a job

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Surprised Jody still has a job

...is what everybody is thinking.

#33 6 years ago

Jody is a great guy that was, and still is, in a tough position. You guys have no idea what things would be like if he wasn't around. Some of the best themes Stern secured might not have happened.

It's easy to sit back and hate, especially here, especially among the largely hobbyist crowd that's never worked in a product/software/license driven industry before that is pinside. Some of you guys act like Stern doesn't want put out the best possible product while operating a profitable business and keeping their licensors happy. Ignorance is bliss.

Congrats to all at Stern, Jody included, on this news. Looking forward to whatever badass themes Jody and Stern put together next.

#35 6 years ago

Congrats Zach! Nice to see great players and longtime pinball guys get hired. Zach being both of course...

#36 6 years ago

I like them all at STERN buy those working there should NOT be able to compete SORRY thats how i feel

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I like them all

Ummm.....

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I like them all at STERN buy those working there should NOT be able to compete SORRY thats how i feel

Bring back the manufacturer's division at expo ... It'll be the most competitive

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Play better .

#40 6 years ago

Also, play

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Why? There's a long history of competition from pinball company employees. Suddenly it's an issue?

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

Jody is a great guy that was, and still is, in a tough position. You guys have no idea what things would be like if he wasn't around. Some of the best themes Stern secured might not have happened.
    It's easy to sit back and hate, especially here, especially among the largely hobbyist crowd that's never worked in a product/software/license driven industry before that is pinside. Some of you guys act like Stern doesn't want put out the best possible product while operating a profitable business and keeping their licensors happy. Ignorance is bliss.
    Congrats to all at Stern, Jody included, on this news. Looking forward to whatever badass themes Jody and Stern put together next.

Jody is a megalomaniac and a truly awful person to deal with. He was always a horrible fit for marketing because he's too dang emotional and thin skinned.

Zach should be great in this role. He does a fantastic job with the IFPA. Great hire.

#43 6 years ago

i don't give a F about tournament pinball whiners.

I just want great pinball. Getting Jody out of marketing can only be a great thing.

New and fresh ideas from Zach is a good thing.

#44 6 years ago

Guys like Keith and Zach...I mean...now that they work for Stern they might get even more number one-er!

Rigged!

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guys like Keith and Zach...I mean...now that they work for Stern they might get even more number one-er!
    Rigged!

Only 18 players left!

#46 6 years ago

Congrats Zach! I'm excited for the future of Stern Pinball with new blood like Zach and Keith doing great things!

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Like they didn't already have that..

*edit* Not that it has a single thing to do with their ranking. Clearly, there's plenty of competitive players that don't have that info, and I dunno about you dude, but I can't remember anyone previously accusing them of using code exploits or anything of that nature to win a tournament.

#48 6 years ago

I think the low point of Stern's PR "marketing" came when Wrestlemania was "revealed" with a backglass leaning against a wall at CES or some such a few years back. When games were sold primarily to operators, this may have been acceptable, but now games need to hit the market with a bit more pomp and fanfare (yes, even for a game like WM).

Smart move by Stern hiring someone with pedigree...in both prior experience and in bloodline. Good luck, Zach!

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

I think the low point of Stern's PR "marketing" came when Wrestlemania was "revealed"

I think the whole Batman66 SLE fiasco with the submit a video begging Stern for one was even lower.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

I think the whole Batman66 SLE fiasco with the submit a video begging Stern for one was even lower.

Let's not forget The Walking Dead showing up in the DVD set.

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zach-sharpe-new-marketing-director-at-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.