(Topic ID: 180144)

Zaccaria Time Machine - sound problem

By jimy_speedt

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimy_speedt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi,

When I start a game, the voices work ok but I get no sound.

In the past I had some sound but not all ok, and the eproms were damaged, so I purchased 3 new eproms. do not know if it is linked or not as I experienced other problems, but now thete is no more sound at game start, but I get the voices.

The sound board boots ok
The test from the coin door is successful for the 8 first sounds, but it buzzes continuously at the 9th.

I read from Dave 's site that the 1408DAC generates that sound. So I replaced it. No change.
I also replaced the sound generator IC and the lm3900s. No change.

Where can this problem come from ??? Can it be from the CPU or a bad eprom ?

Any help is welcome thanks.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks for the reply

Yes all pots work, can hear from the background noise.
In test, sounds are ok and audible except it stops at sound 9

Thanks

#4 7 years ago

I forgot to mention that the short middle eprom I received from Marco is a 2732 not a 2532. The jumper schema from Dave Gersic, does it apply to 2732 or 2532 and should I change the jumpers, how ?

Thanks for the support

#6 7 years ago

Ok, I thought jumpers would help compensating the different layouts from one to another eprom type. With the pinball champ, someone over here gave me the good combination (2 eproms impacted, about 6 jumpers to move) and it succeeded, but with this one, I am pending and not sure it is the problem

I have not background sound at all, nor effects, only voices, when playing I mean. In test I have this strange buzzing noise after 8 successful sounds ...

Thanks

#8 7 years ago

Thanks a lot !

#21 7 years ago

I replaced the new eproms by newer eproms from Gianfri. The problem of the 9th sound buzzing in test mode was overcome. But further sounds remained silent. The only parts that I had not tested were the PIAs which I checked and are good, and the mf10. That part gives the problem. I am gonna change it and hopefully the thread can be closed for me.

4 weeks later
#23 7 years ago

Finally, I replaced the 4053b. No change. As all sounds are played correctly without the mf10, I ll leave the board without this chip. thanks all for your answers to this topic

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimy_speedt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-time-machine-sound-problem?tu=jimy_speedt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.