(Topic ID: 180144)

Zaccaria Time Machine - sound problem

By jimy_speedt

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gianfri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago

Hi,

I would concentrate more on the sound card eproms... as already told Jimy on another forum, it is even incredible to sell eproms for Zaccaria cards which do not fit with the Zaccaria specs.

that card uses 2532 and not 2732, the fact of playing with not known jumper settings to make them work is already something I wouldn't support. Marco should not sell 2732 instead of 2532 not even giving instructions on how to modify the sound board to make it work.

IMHO

PS
Neo, the TMS5200 or TMS5220 is the speech CHIP and normally affects all the speeches but both can work with different results regarding the quality of the voice.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's the chip the 5200 vs the 5220. It's not true. Both do not work. Not in time machine anyway. Time machine has a different verison 10 chip which makes it not work with both version of the 5200. The sound was all messed up until we figured it out.

We could have a long discussion about that but better not

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'm telling you from first hand experience. Time machine was not fully compatible with the 5200 chip. Now it could be the sound roms associated with it, or that 10 chip. Actually I know the 10 chip was involved and slightly different than all the other games. But maybe the sound images for GB effect this as well.
For me, all the sounds were super fast. And I mean super fast. Like every sound was less than 1 second.

yes I see...
that's exactly what I meant, the chip works, but the voice speed is different due to resistance differences.

#14 7 years ago

I have made some test and here you see the video with EN and FR eproms on a Time Machine sound card with TMS5200

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

did you try it with the 5220?

No, I should take another sound card with 5220 to try because I will not remove the 5200, and you know why?
Because those chip are extremely bad and pins tend to break when removing them after 35y

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

oh I break my share. I've had more sounds problems with zacs over the years than anyone else i know. At one point, I had problems with 5 different sound boards.

Sound boards are the most complicated ones... and I understand...

#20 7 years ago

yes it's possible, but it's not refraining the pinball machine to run, this is what I’m saying…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gianfri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-time-machine-sound-problem?tu=gianfri and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.