Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dgersic
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I picked up a Zaccaria Time Machine this weekend. It does not have any sound. The speaker is connected. The sound board test led flashes five times which I think is correct. I checked the fuses on the power board as was suggested by another user and they turned out to be good. Looking for any suggestions on how to diagnose the issue.

Does anyone have a line on a replacement for the flipper bushings?

The screws holding some of the coil brackets into place on the flippers have been replaced with screws that are not correct. Does anyone have a part number for replacement screws?

The ramp lights were functioning correctly by turning off as the ball went past them. Now, they stay on as the ball goes by. Any suggestions appreciated.

#2 9 years ago

West coast bump

4 months later
#3 9 years ago

Things to check for "no sound":

1. Is the speaker connected (you say it is) and is it any good? Use a AA battery to confirm that you get a noise from the speaker. That also confirms that the wiring is ok.

2. Is the amplifier blown? Have a close look at the TDA1510 (bottom left corner, on the heatsink). Usually when they blow, you'll find a nice hole in the top of the chip. Sometimes it's only a crack, so look closely.

Yes, five flashes from the LED is good. It should be followed by some sounds from the DAC, the AY38910, and the TMS5200. What this tells you is that as far as the processor can see, the board is working, so the problem is on the output side of the sound board. If it's not a blown amp, it gets somewhat more complicated to figure out what's wrong.

There isn't a source for new parts. It looks to me like a Williams bushing may work for the flippers, mounted upside down, but you may have to modify it slightly. I haven't tried this. The bushings are usually ok. I have used Nylon washers in the past if the flipper sits too low to the playfield.

If the screws you're looking for are for the coil stop to the flipper mech bracket, those are M4 4mm pan head phillips. I don't recall the length off hand, but if you have a local hardware shop with a good selection of metric parts, you can figure out the length you need pretty easily.

The ramp lights trigger off the switch at the entrance. If they're not working, that switch is missing the ball going past. The scoring for the ramp triggers off the microswitch over on the left. There's a sound effect, too, that triggers off the entrance switch, but your sound board isn't working so you wouldn't have known that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-time-machine-no-sound-few-other-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.