(Topic ID: 240867)

Zaccaria Time Machine neon

By greenacarina

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Recently bought a Zaccaria from overseas. Fixing up some of the obvious board problems (corrosion, hacks, etc...) and did the voltage conversion at the transformer.
Looking at the neon tube for the backbox i can see there is a burnt section and the transformer that powers it is 220v. So, i need to replace the transformer anyway...and i am looking at possibly replacing the neon tube.
I am wondering - is the neon tube all one color? Pictures i have seen it appears to be 3 or 4 different colors...?!?
Should i replace the whole setup with LED's? Modern low voltage neon??
What have other zaccaria owners done here?

Thanks
Chris

#2 5 years ago

Someone tried making them a couple years ago, but it seems shipping was troublesome because of how large and fragile they were.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-neon-tubes

The best option would probably be to try to find someone in your region who can make neon tubes/signs.

#3 5 years ago

I'm guessing it's one color and the front glass makes it look like multiple colors. Neon is cool and I wouldn't change to LED or something else.

As ForceFlow said, check with your local sign shops and see if they can bend a tube for you. My local shop bent a tube for my Strange Science for about $60 a few years ago.

#4 5 years ago

There is a Zac game that has 3 colors in the neon tube. I don't remember which game that was. It was possibly Time Machine. I'm not sure you can get that done at a neon shop. You may have to settle for just 1 color.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-time-machine-neon-1?hl=pinball_ric and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.