Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by pinball_ric
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 days ago

Recently bought a Zaccaria from overseas. Fixing up some of the obvious board problems (corrosion, hacks, etc...) and did the voltage conversion at the transformer.
Looking at the neon tube for the backbox i can see there is a burnt section and the transformer that powers it is 220v. So, i need to replace the transformer anyway...and i am looking at possibly replacing the neon tube.
I am wondering - is the neon tube all one color? Pictures i have seen it appears to be 3 or 4 different colors...?!?
Should i replace the whole setup with LED's? Modern low voltage neon??
What have other zaccaria owners done here?

Thanks
Chris

#2 5 days ago

Someone tried making them a couple years ago, but it seems shipping was troublesome because of how large and fragile they were.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-neon-tubes

The best option would probably be to try to find someone in your region who can make neon tubes/signs.

#3 5 days ago

I'm guessing it's one color and the front glass makes it look like multiple colors. Neon is cool and I wouldn't change to LED or something else.

As ForceFlow said, check with your local sign shops and see if they can bend a tube for you. My local shop bent a tube for my Strange Science for about $60 a few years ago.

#4 5 days ago

There is a Zac game that has 3 colors in the neon tube. I don't remember which game that was. It was possibly Time Machine. I'm not sure you can get that done at a neon shop. You may have to settle for just 1 color.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 40.00
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 4.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 30.40
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside