Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by boo32
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-42.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Turned on time machine today and it would not launch a ball. All lights and scoring are working along with the sound. The flippers work but the slings, drop targets, pops and saucers don't work. I'm new to Zaccaria so any help is appreciated. I re-set the connectors to the power supplies to supply to no effect. There is an orange connector on the sound board that has to be re-set from time to time to make the sound work. It is the connector between the board I. The upper left and the sound board. The led light is on on the sound board and the board in the upper right which I think is the cpu.

#2 4 years ago

Have you checked to see if the ball launcher is getting power or is the signal missing?

#3 4 years ago

Sounds like you need to check voltage on all coils that aren't firing. I suspect that you have a fuse out based on what is working - and the fact that all your coils went out at once other than the specialized (flippers).

I'll dig a bit into zac diagnostics as well and see if I can recommend something else.

#4 4 years ago

Boo32, check out this site for troubleshooting reference for zacs.

http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/gen2/repairs.html

You should try to get into test #4 and see what fires. If you have the manual, you'll be able to tell which is supposed to fire.

#5 4 years ago

Nick - thanks for the good advice - I will check around this evening.

#6 4 years ago

There are two 3A fuses that are shown in the schematic. One 3A fuse is in line with outhole, right drop bank reset, right sling, left sling and top hole. The other fuse is in line with center pop, motor relay, left drop bank, left pop and right pop.

If all solenoids are not working maybe both fuses are blown or a wire has come loose. The wire goes from the flipper bus (connector CN3 pin #5) to the flippers and then to the two fuses. Each fuse then protects each bank of solenoids listed above. If your flippers work, then you have a good connection at the connector; but an issue after the flippers.

EDIT: Check one or both of these fuses along with any wires that may have come loose.

image-42.jpg

#7 4 years ago

You might need to replace that fuse holder if the fuses test OK. I've seen them get a thin layer of oxidation that is impossible to see but interferes just enough with the fuses contact to make the game act up. The original factory fuse holder is hard to clean in my opinion and seems to be made of a metal that is not compatible with modern fuses and causes galvanization of the holder.
I guess if you really wanted to keep the original fuse holder, you could solder a new fuse holder atop the old so you can revert back to factory later.

1 week later
#8 4 years ago

The fuse advice was right on target. I had not noticed the fuse holder and both fuses were blown. Just played a couple of good games on Time Machine. Thanks for the help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside