Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by brenna98
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

So I have a time machine where in the middle of a game all of the lamps (GI & cpu controlled) like to flicker then go out. Sometimes they will come back on a little bit, & sometimes will be even brighter than they should be! Also if they are out, turning the game off then back on usually gets them on again, albeit briefly until the same issue starts up again.
I'm thinking maybe a power supply issue but I don't know. The game is miles away & I'm helping my friend try to figure it out & he doesn't even have a meter.
I know the connectors are good & I replaced the fuse clips a while back for him. I'm wondering if the 2 large 10k mfu capacitors are the issue, if not that then the Bridge Rectifiers. Or somebody can tell me if my logic is off track here.

#3 6 years ago

It might be a power board issue. He'll need a dmm to check the voltages on the test points on the power supply to see if they fluctuate. I would think power board as opposed to the driver board (scrs/ic's) since all of the lamps go out.

Some info in the power board entry on:
http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/gen2/index.html

#4 6 years ago

Yup, I would suspect the capacitors on the power board.
Zaccaria – Power Board (all components from BigDaddy)
C1 = 150uf 350v axial
C6 x 2 = 10,000uf 16v radial
C9 = 1uf 16v radial
C12 = 1,000uf 25v axial

Here are a couple other suspect parts that are common to fail on a power board (more for the displays). Check with DMM
High power:
R1 – 100K ohm 1w (Brown, Black Yellow)
R6 = 47 ohm 5w (coming from eBay) Yellow, purple, black, red

If you need bridges, just get 25amp 200volt or higher

Here are the test point voltages

Gen2 Power Supply Test Points.
Test Point Location Voltage
TP1 170 vdc
TP2 12 vdc
TP3 5.6 vdc
TP4 5 vdc
TP5 39 vdc
TP6 -5 vdc
TP7 (power fail) 5.6 vdc
TP8 Ground

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-time-machine-cpu-lamps-failing-dim-then-bright and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.