• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by bonzo71
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8981 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bonzo71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

My Zaccaria Ten Stars is awarding a credit when one or more of the extra bonus lights are activated. It is only supposed to happen when all ten extra bonus lamps are lit. There are schematics on line here, but they do not match my game. My game has no add a ball functionality. I've been struggling with this for a month.. Any help would be appreciated.
http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/em/tenstars/ZaccariaTenStarsSchematics.pdf

#3 8 years ago

The jumpers are missing and were never part of my game. Their position is labeled on the wood, but based on the screw holes never being used, my.game never had add a ball. Perhaps there is a different schematic for the replay only game.

My issue is not exactly related to the game being relay only. During the whole game, there is a 2nd bonus that builds up and awards when the last ball drains. On the play field it is labeled "Extra Bonus." If you complete all 10 extra bonus, the game scores 10 x 10,000 and gives a credit. My game incorrectly gives a credit any time one or more of the extra bonus is earned...it should only happen at ten.

This worked properly at one point.

#6 8 years ago

Thank you Rolf and Captain Neo. I think I have this fixed...or at least it works properly now. There is a ground wire purposely attached to the Extra Bonus Stepper frame that grounds the extra bonus lamps. The power goes from the ground wire through the stepper frame to the post that holds the "spider legs." I removed the nut and lock washer that holds the spider to the center post and replaced the lock washer with some think rubber rings. This solved my issue. Could the original lock wash have been painted or made of something other than metal? Maybe I dropped it and replaced it with a metal one. Anyway, I'm considering this solved.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi bonzo71
a very nice site: http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/em/ . I like to work on paginated schemas, have them transcripted to pages in JPG-format -> put them together into a continuous JPG-schema -> transcipt to (continuous) PDF-schema. Write me a personal message with an EMail-Address and "want JPG / want PDF / want both", then I'd send You "my work" - I prefer looking at a continuous schema, simply do not write if You do not want a continuous schema ...
Great, somebody "hacked" the original "Novelty- / Add-A-Ball-Game" and made a Replay-Game using the Novelty-Mode adding a Replay-Counter-Unit. On what limits do You gain Replays by the Score-Reels ? In the original, paginated schema, page-2, on numbers 9 and 10 -> a "High-Score-Adjustment to let a "Signaller High-Score" ring -> I bet that man used this wiring ...
Your problem "To many Extra-Bonus-Replays": In the original schema at page-2 on number 11: I see the drawing of "Extra Bonus Count Unit" -> a wire-black-yellow -> -> -> (original schema) -> "Ball Count Step-up Coil". I believe that man has made another hack -> his newly added Replay-Counter does step-up.
I would look in Your pin at this Unit - a wire-black-mingled-with-green comes to the wiper on the unit -> the wiper shall ONLY make connection to wire-black-yellow when the unit has reached position-9. Greetings Rolf

Rolf,

The lack of add a ball functionality is not a hack. The game clearly came this way from the factory based on the back board labeling and the lack of screw holes. There are jumpers for setting the game to award extra credits based on scoring. I do not have a key or manual to determine what increments can be set.

I had been looking for a Zaccaria EM for a while. They rarely show up locally for a fair price.. When one turned up, I had to jump. 40 years old and 32,000 plays on the meter and the playfield looks new. The European manufacturers sure made better playfields..

6 years later
#9 1 year ago
Quoted from kamack:

HI - is this what you are looking for?
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting this! My game is not currently set up, but should be later thus year while i slowly build a gameroom on the cheap.. Hopefully this chart works.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bonzo71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-ten-stars-extra-specials?tu=bonzo71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.