You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

internet_(resized).jpg
IMG_7585_(resized).JPG
IMG_7583_(resized).JPG
IMG_7582_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I've been working on remaking a much needed part in the zaccaria community. (also posted this in the zaccaria thread, but posting as it's own thing).

So I finally got the casting done. I have the first prototype sitting here. Turned out better than expected. It's cast in clear resin (opposed to opaque white like the originals). Picture looks like ass, but it's the best I could get. Took 30 pictures and any light that hits it, seems to light it up like a glow stick. The part is extremely small, so made a ton of complications, both with casting and making the mold. I could not get the mold to get down deep into the shaft hole, so the hole is only half as deep as it should be. I'm going to work with different drill bits and drill it down the rest of the way. But that would eliminate the flat spot, so I need a drill that is just slightly smaller than the shaft, so it's a nice snug tight fit. Otherwise everyone is going to have to use a dab of glue when installing these. They will be offered for $10 + $2 shipping for the US, international pays actual shipping . Right now i'm still in the testing phase. First one is going in the game soon.

Games that have spinners and use this.

Gen1

Fire Mountain
Star God
space shuttle
Hot Wheels
Shooting the Rapids

Gen2
Pinball Champ
Clown
Zankor

IMG_7582_(resized).JPGIMG_7582_(resized).JPG
IMG_7583_(resized).JPGIMG_7583_(resized).JPG
IMG_7585_(resized).JPGIMG_7585_(resized).JPG
internet_(resized).jpginternet_(resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

if you know of other zacs that are not in the gamelist that use this, please add them. So far I can only find , Pinball champ, zankor, and clown that use them. Not sure if gen 1 spinner setup is the same as the gen 2 stuff.

#6 7 years ago

yes, I took 30 pictures of these. Believe it or not, this was the best ones I could get. The plastic seems to light up when any light source hits it, and makes it blurr out. Plus it's super small part, so you have to get real close.

#8 7 years ago

these parts are 1cm long. Hard to get far away enough for the flash not to bleach it out. Tried turning the flash off using a flashlight for light, and made it glow like it was in a Rave.

#10 7 years ago

high end hi rez cannon with a semi zoom lens. It's all I have that I use for playfield pictures. Takes great playfield shots.

#11 7 years ago

test ran this last night. Played it a ton, Seems to work perfect. took some video of it in action.

#13 7 years ago

yea, not a lot of gen 2's have spinners. There are only 3. Technically 4, if you count pinball champ and pinball champ 82 as different games. Which they are not.

Clown
Zankor
Pinball champ
Pinball champ 82

#14 7 years ago

here's the video of it in action.

so far i've played around 30 games on it, and it's working flawlessly. I'm going to play the hell out of it every day, and check out wear if any. Which I don't think there will be, since the resin has a slippery waxy texture to it, which actually glides smoother than the original plastic.

#16 7 years ago

Apparently Gen 1 games also use the game cam.

Fire Mountain
Star God
space shuttle
Hot Wheels
Shooting the Rapids

3 weeks later
#17 7 years ago

these are up and available now. Looks like they are holding up perfect

4 weeks later
#18 7 years ago

They are still holding up. If you need zaccaria spinner cams, let me know.

10 months later
#19 6 years ago

I still have these available. So far many have bought them and said they are working great.

1 month later
1 week later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-spinner-cams-remade?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.