03_zaccaria_factory_presentation.jpg
02_zaccaria_factory_presentation.jpg
01_zaccaria_factory_presentation.jpg
image-3.jpg
Picture_139.jpg
Picture_019.jpg
b29ef1838711893cdb4c32d2f836932894c1f2.jpg
#1 12 years ago

It's a shame I'll probably never get to play one. Clown, Robot, and Farfalla are the ones I'm drooling over, atm.
Clown:
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3024

Robot
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1977
http://vimeo.com/36655432

Farfalla
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=824

#2 12 years ago

Espo has a Farfella. Will be playing it this weekend. Their playfield colors are great. Just really pop

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Espo has a Farfella. Will be playing it this weekend. Their playfield colors are great. Just really pop

Nice! Mhmm.. I'm really digging the art on these pins!

#4 12 years ago

They are awesome. Here was my collection 8 years ago. Pic is of David Gersic, he helped me get all these going

b29ef1838711893cdb4c32d2f836932894c1f2.jpgb29ef1838711893cdb4c32d2f836932894c1f2.jpg

#5 12 years ago

I'm working on a Devil Riders right now and am almost ready to put the PF back together.. The colors really are neat.. Also DR's has a animation in the BG, a motorcycle does loops when the ball goes into play on the Upper mini PF..
I haven't had a chance to play it a lot yet.. As soon as I got it repaired I ripped it apart to Clear Coat the PF... I'll post some pics of the Finished game when I get it done..
Here are a few of the PF

Picture_019.jpgPicture_019.jpg Picture_139.jpgPicture_139.jpg

#6 12 years ago

I hear ya! Played a Farfalla and Time Machine at Expo and really enjoyed both!

I really want a Robot but it seems collectors are holding on to these and not letting
them go! Clown seems like one of the *rarer* Zacs out there.

I forgot the other ones I have played: Magic Castle and Devil Riders.

#7 12 years ago

The Farfalla with LED's at expo was pretty cool.

I've spent the last hour watching papa videos... such a great link.

#8 12 years ago

I just placed an order for parts and am now wishing I would have picked up some LED's just to play with... I've never used them and probably would just make an Eye-Sore.. but maybe next time.. I wish someone sold a little bigger "Sample Pack" of LED's than PBL... I guess I could order a few of them just to experiment..?

#9 12 years ago

They look really good if you color match them under inserts. Cointaker has some kits that are pretty reasonable (usually 70-80ish?) for whatever you're looking for. It's hard, because some games look better than others. I'm still kicking around putting them in TSPP..

#10 12 years ago

Are parts on these hard to find? Do parts from other companies work with these?

#11 12 years ago

PAPA has a nice row of Zaccs. I believe they have Devil Riders, Clown, Farfalla, Magic Castle, Mexico 86, Pinball Champ, and Robot.

#12 12 years ago

Time Machine, too.

#13 12 years ago

I got a chance to play a very nice Farfalla a few years ago at Allentown

#14 12 years ago

Nearly twenty years ago I worked in Amsterdam, Holland for a large pinball showroom.
An American kid in his twenties, I met a Dutch gal in Seattle and moved in with her back home.
A photo album of my restoration projects on some pins got me my dream job working on pinball machines , under the table..

A Farfalla machine arrived and I was amazed, got it fixed. Played it, was dazzled.
Then I accidentally killed it somehow, leaving it unprotected from a voltage spike.
I was heartbroken. But the boss, even more so...
I lost my job over it.

#15 12 years ago

I got a chance to play a very nice Farfalla a few years ago at Allentown

It really is a fun and unique pin. I'm lucky, here in Cincy I know 2 people with 1. The Italian backglass is one of the best.

image-3.jpgimage-3.jpg

#16 12 years ago

They pretty great pins. They have some extremely creative ideas for their gameplay. The software / sounds on them are not overly advanced, and there are points where you can tell that they haven't had as much experience making games as Bally and Williams did at the time.

Actually, if you mix the not-perfect playfield layouts of DMD era Gottlieb titles with the early-mid 80s Bally computers and mid-late 90s Williams playfield toys, you pretty much have a Zaccaria.

Time Machine and Farfalla in particular I think are amazing games.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

They are awesome. Here was my collection 8 years ago. Pic is of David Gersic, he helped me get all these going

!!! Wow! Those must be a beast to upkeep. I can't imagine parts being easy to find.

Quoted from BillinIndiana:

I'm working on a Devil Riders right now and am almost ready to put the PF back together..

Nice! How did you find it? Was it from another collector or craigslist etc..?

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I've spent the last hour watching papa videos... such a great link.

Yeah, those guys are doing great things over there!

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The Farfalla with LED's at expo was pretty cool.

It really is a fun and unique pin. I'm lucky, here in Cincy I know 2 people with 1. The Italian backglass is one of the best.

Yes the Zacc's are pretty cool games, they are about the most colorful games out there...and the detail in artwork on them pretty much rivals all the others out there...

The Farfalla at Expo with the LEDs was mine! Thank you!!

The euro version BG on Farfalla is definitely cool...I wanted a Farfalla, (well it had Butterflies on it!!) Hubby specified that it had to have the euro BG...so I was patient and finally got one with that BG, so we are both happy! It is a fun and interesting game...tough too!!
Snurdley?? You are from Cincy too?? I must know you...because I can only think of 1 other person in Cincy with a Farfalla...but his has the American BG...

Phoebe

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from CrazyFliprFingrs:

Nearly twenty years ago I worked in Amsterdam, Holland for a large pinball showroom...

Oh, man... That's terrible! Sorry to stir up bad memories...

#20 12 years ago

I would love a collection of either Zaccaria or Playmatic tables. They are just so different, I must have them!

#21 12 years ago

My friend Jeff has a Pinball Champ that was restored by Cliffy.It is one beautiful and fun playin game!!Scott

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from DEVILinIRON:

CrazyFliprFingrs said:Nearly twenty years ago I worked in Amsterdam, Holland for a large pinball showroom...
Oh, man... That's terrible! Sorry to stir up bad memories...

Until I get a Farfalla I am doomed to walk the Earth, like the Ancient Mariner..

#23 12 years ago

VIVA ZACCARIA

01_zaccaria_factory_presentation.jpg01_zaccaria_factory_presentation.jpg 02_zaccaria_factory_presentation.jpg02_zaccaria_factory_presentation.jpg 03_zaccaria_factory_presentation.jpg03_zaccaria_factory_presentation.jpg 04_zaccaria_factory_presentation.jpg04_zaccaria_factory_presentation.jpg 05_zaccaria_factory_presentation.jpg05_zaccaria_factory_presentation.jpg 06_zaccaria_factory_presentation.jpg06_zaccaria_factory_presentation.jpg

#24 12 years ago

07_zaccaria_factory_presentation.jpg07_zaccaria_factory_presentation.jpg

#25 12 years ago

Interesting find LorenZ. It's great to see a little bit of the factory where the pins were built.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Interesting find LorenZ.

Indeed. Thanks for sharing, Lorenz!

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

My friend Jeff has a Pinball Champ that was restored by Cliffy.It is one beautiful and fun playin game!!

Jeff still has my Champ? Nice! I do miss it sometimes. It is definetely a players game. You gotta be sharp to stay on the upper pf and banging those drops. Zacs have awesome colors and artwork and fantastic layouts. Gotta love the mix of Bally and Williams sound effects too

#28 12 years ago

The first time I ever played a Zac was Phoebe's beautiful Farfalla at Expo. The artwork and playfield layout drew me in instantly.

#29 12 years ago

Hi Pinsiders

thought it felt right to jump in for my first post into familliar territory!

I live in Adelaide South Australia and am a regular poster on the
Australian Pinball talkfest www.aussiearcade.com.au

My first machine was a ZZZ Devil Riders and now I have 9 machines
from the Brothers Zaccaria / Mr Game

They are amazing in so many ways...build quality (lots of chrome & non yellowing plastics),
vibrant artwork by Lorenzo Rimondini & innovative thinking that took the 3 ZZZ Brothers boldly
outside the "box" when it came to designing that which had not been done before.....neon lights, 3D molded backbox inserts, headphone jacks!, clever PF/backbox mechs & multi level play

Starting with Pinball Champ 82 the pinball world was introduced to a clear upper
playfield, above and beyond that of a full sized standard PF with extra "real estate"
afforded by the introduction of an "elevated shooter habit rail" rather than the
traditional shooter lane............more PF means more artwork!

If like me you love DROP TARGETS, the ZZZ games are fast, fun & for you

David Gersic has helped me out on many occasions & sourced my FARFALLA
straight out of the home of pinball, Chicago I.L!

The sweet butterfly girl will punish you with very fast gameplay so bring
your A game if you ever get the chance to step up to the plate

I have enjoyed reading & learning a lot about pinball US style and hope to
be able to contribute to more discussions on all things ZZZ in the future

cheers

DR

#30 12 years ago

David Gersic's site is http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/

Great Resource for Zaccaria and fixing your game.

#31 12 years ago

Hi G

when I saw the basement lineup photo with DG standing in front I immediately
thought "I want THAT!", it was inspiring to see them all in a row

Its taken a lot of time & effort to track down my beautiful machines which
have come from Germany, Italy, Chicago, plus Australian delivered ones too
and they have been very easy to restore with the "hardware" never broken
eg I have never had a broken plastic! and the "software" boards side of things
an easy fixed by sending them off to DG

Then theres the "white inserts" which are great as you can choose your own
LED colours to match the art & light sequences for even more vibrancy

do you still have your ZZZ's GAP?

DR

x_lower_PF_1.JPGx_lower_PF_1.JPG IMGP6246.JPGIMGP6246.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhorn, WI
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pins-look-really-cool and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.