player 2 (resized).jpg
player 1 (resized).jpg
high score (resized).jpg
MPU & driver boards (resized).jpg
credit ball-in-play (resized).jpg
Farfalla2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5399 (resized).jpg
IMG_5400 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronsplooter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#457 8 years ago

Super happy to be back in the club Have previously owned an Aerobatics and a Moon Flight but managed to pick up this yesterday.....

GOPR0124.JPGGOPR0124.JPG

GOPR0132.JPGGOPR0132.JPG

GOPR0133.JPGGOPR0133.JPG

GOPR0130.JPGGOPR0130.JPG

#461 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

What do the 2 middle front standups look like?

Do you mean the ones under the robot bridge? On mine the one on the right is a round orange target with Special written on it and the one of the left is a square blue target with what look like snowflakes and 8000 written on it. I'll take a pic over the weekend.

Is there anywhere that gives an idea of what the rules are for Robot? I get that knocking down the robots to spell ROBOT will give the Red special and the drops are to do with the Time and Orange special but how does the whole bonus time thing at the end of the game work?

Also, the flippers on mine seem to be insanely powerful....is that normal and can I adjust EOS switches to back them off a bit. I'm worried the game is going to smash itself to bits

#467 8 years ago

Thanks, that makes sense Any idea on whether the super powerful flippers are normal and if so do most people nerf them a bit? I'm worried about smashing all the plastics and targets up at the moment and the ball goes up and across the robot bridge so fast it doesn't always register the switch to make the robots pop up!

Also, in relation to the flippers, do these Zaccs need different size rubbers? I put some standard ones on but now the flipper bat caps don't fit. I was also told by the previous owner that the caps had a habit of flying off mid game just due to the activation of the flippers, what do people do to make sure they stay on?

Mine still speaks in Italian which is pretty cool but I've got a mate to send me some new ROMs so it can speak in English instead

#469 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you have to use the skinny gottlieb style ones. Terry has them at pinball life in blue, red, white and black.

Thanks, I'm in the UK so will give one of the parts guys over here a shout.

#473 8 years ago

I know this is probably a massive long shot but does anyone have any of the pop up robot head targets and tops that they'd be prepared to sell. Some of the tops on mine are a bit rough and I broke one of the pop up targets at the weekend from a ball strike Any leads would be massively appreciated!

3 weeks later
#488 8 years ago

In case anyone is interested, I'm documenting the shop out of my Robot on the UK pinball forum:

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/zaccaria-robot.31917/

CaptainNeo - I'll be after your advice about what I can do re: the wear on my cabinet as it's gone around the flipper and start buttons as seems to be typical with this game. Being in the UK I don't have the option of sending you my cab for re-screening so any help or advice you can give me re: touchs up etc would be greatfully received

#490 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

robot is a PIA. That silver is a weird color and wears off really easy. Worst paint on a cabinet ever. Best you can do it try and color match it and then spray some krylon satin clear over it to seal it.

Thought that might be the case Thanks for the info though

#492 8 years ago

That would be awesome Neo, I'd be one of your first customers if you can get that sorted I managed to secure a big spare parts haul from Belgium inc full set of complete Robot target mechs, complete drop target bank, loads of plastics etc so I've got loads of bits to choose from for the resto and am also less worried about my plan to take the game to some of the UK shows next year

Does anyone know whether you have to do anything fancy to LED a Gen 2 Zacc or can I just stick them straight in? I need to replace those weird little bulbs inside the Robot targets as most of the holders are missing so was thinking I could use pop bumper lamp holders with the wires (rather than the metal legs) and stick some LEDs in there. Do they run off the same voltage as all of the other lamps?

#494 8 years ago

Thanks Neo, I'm going to buy all non ghosting for the CPU controlled lamps so hopefully it'll keep it to a minimum. Not decided whether to go LED or incandescent on the GI yet (deffo going LED in the backbox) so I'll probably have a play with both and see what looks good.

In terms of the grain of rice sockets, can you even buy those? Most of my robot heads were missing the original sockets so I need to find a suitable replacement which is why I was thinking about the pop bumper sockets with the 12in wire leads. I think I have a spare one somewhere so will do some testing this weekend

2 months later
#557 8 years ago

Finally finished the work on my Robot There's still a couple of minor tweaks to make but all in all I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

IMG_8237_(resized).jpgIMG_8237_(resized).jpg

IMG_8240_(resized).jpgIMG_8240_(resized).jpg

IMG_8234_(resized).jpgIMG_8234_(resized).jpg

IMG_8227_(resized).jpgIMG_8227_(resized).jpg

#561 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'm blind! You running 12 V on the lights? why is it so damn brite?

I think that's more the sh*tty camera on my iphone, it doesn't look that bright when you're stood in front of it

Quoted from RCA1:

Why does a robot need a cape?

He doesn't need it, he wants it

2 weeks later
#576 8 years ago

When you start a game on Robot it says "Challenge the robots of zah-car-ree-uh" so I'm assuming that's the correct pronunciation

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronsplooter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=ronsplooter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.