Quoted from StratDoc:
Just picked up my first Zaccaria - a terrific looking Farfalla. It is awesome looking. A couple of quick questions for the group as this pin is completely foreign to me.
1) I cannot get it to go into test mode at all.
2) The sole red insert near the ramp is badly chipped. It is odd that these are not a solid red plastic. Can I replace with the an opaque insert of the same size.
3) one of the flipper bats was replaced with a solid black bat. I saw where seigcraft made replacement translucent bats for Zaccaria pins. Anyone used them?
4) The right outhole lane flipper is not working.
5) The third and fourth digits are missing on each display. Moved the display connectors around and no change so it is not display specific. Any thoughts? I am David Gersic said ship him the CPU and a display.
6) And, a general game question. The top yellow drop targets sometime reset and sometimes they do not. Is there a specific rule about when the targets reset, or do I have another issue to address.
Super stoked to be part of this unique pin owners group.
First welcome to the club! I too have not long ago joined this club too with a Farfalla. I have been repairing/refurbishing Bally/Williams machines since about 2004 when I really got into the hobby. Zaccaria machines are a bit of a different breed, but what I did since I was new to working on Zaccaria, I took the time to read through all the posts in this thread. I know there's alot of pages, but was worth my time as it helped me just get familiar with the games, issues that others had and some interesting quirks about them. Also I would watch a Farfalla in play on YouTube as this has also been helpful to me on diagnostic repairs.
1) You can get into the test/programing mode by switching the on/off SW4 on the CPU board. Once switched the machine with start beep, beep, beeping, then activate the momentary switch on the coin door to move through each test/program. Switch SW4 back when finished. Would also check out David Gersic Zaccaria web site found here: http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/ as there is alot of helpful information on the Zaccaria machines.
2) A number of mine inserts too are cracked, but not bad enough to replace. I have seen this on a number of pictures of Farfalla machines. It appears a common issue. I would just replace whichever way works best for you.
3) Never have bought from them, but I have not heard or seen if anyone else does replacement flipper bats, David did at one time, but has since sold out. Anyone else?
4)Would check connections to and from the coil, clean/replace coil sleeve, coil parts and make sure it moves freely. Also check out lane switch is working. Note: for this flipper to work, the lane light needs to be lit and you only get "one flip". Also can check if flipper works in the coil test mod.
5) Displays only work in sequence. That is you can't move the ribbon cable around to really test the displays. If you already talked to David, then I would follow his recommendations.
6) All targets reset at the beginning of each ball and/or if they are all dropped (each color bank) during ball in play with the exception on the last ball if the last ball is the timed ball. The drop targets stay down on whatever one's you hit until you take them all out (color) and/or if the ball ends and are reset on next ball in play.
Hope this helps answer some of your questions. Again welcome to the club and enjoy your new machine!......Mike