IMG-20231107-WA0026 (resized).jpg
IMG-20231206-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG-20231229-WA0022 (resized).jpg
IMG-20231107-WA0028 (resized).jpg
IMG-20231222-WA0028 (resized).jpg
IMG-20231222-WA0034 (resized).jpg
IMG-20231229-WA0031 (resized).jpg
IMG-20240112-WA0011 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#649 7 years ago

Oh, that's right...I'm over here now. Picked this up yesterday.

20160616_165610_(resized).jpg20160616_165610_(resized).jpg

20160616_165546_(resized).jpg20160616_165546_(resized).jpg

3 months later
#706 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Well, not until next Tuesday when mine arrives.

Oh you suck. I've gotta take a look at it, that playfield art is crazy!

4 months later
#795 7 years ago

About to clean up Farfalla for the first time..anything in particular I need to be careful about? The only issue that I have with the game that I'd like to resolve when working on it is that whatever controls the power to the upper flippers is flaky. Sometimes they flip with ball in lower playfield, sometimes they don't activate when the ramp is shot. What all controls the behavior of those upper flippers?

#798 7 years ago

Thanks guys. I'm sure that relay probably needs to be blown out or something dumb. It doesn't malfunction all the time, so it's probably just sticky or the switch is staying closed and shouldn't be.

#800 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you sure it's not the switch entrance itself?

I'm not sure of anything yet. Was waiting on wax to show up in the mail. No reason to break it down if I couldn't do everything at once.

#802 7 years ago

Was gonna go pretty light. It goes fast enough as is, just want some protection against the wear and tear of 500+ plays in a weekend.

#804 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I never wax any of my games. i'm lazy that way.

Even with my other games, it's usually just once or maybe twice a year....right before Texas Pinball Festival. Metallica hasn't been shopped in 2 years.. : P

#807 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

my LOTR has never been shopped. I got that NIB in 2007.

Well, MET got broke down, shopped, and put back together in about 5 hours yesterday. GOD there are some stupid ways that game is put together... Probably will be getting to Farfalla in the next two or three days. I noticed last night that the flippers are energized even when the machine isn't currently playing a game.

1 week later
#808 7 years ago

I had figured out the issue with the upper playfield flippers on Farfalla.... one side of the switch gate was not screwed down, and thus, you couldn't ever align it properly with the little wire hook to the switch. So that got fixed.

Only two things of concern remain....

1. Ball sometimes gets stuck if it's lightly plunged and just barely makes it to the top of the wireform. I've noticed my wifeforms are held together with what looks like wire? Are they not supposed to be welded?

2. When you play the timed 4th ball, and you subsequently run out of time, are the flippers supposed to remain active even though the game kills all scoring, switches, pops and slings, or do I have a faulty flipper relay? I looked at the schematics and I can't figure out what I'd need to replace it with, but it appears to be a 40V relay... that's all I know..

1 week later
#817 6 years ago

For the record, fix was done at the show. I pulled the right side bar of the wireform out and bent it a little. Also bent the lane guide at the top so if the ball rolls back, it is directed more toward the hole instead of hitting one of the ends of a wireform. That fixed about 95% of it.

Bad news though...left flipper is sticking up and worse, the plastic above the multispecial target busted in at least two places at the show.

I won best original for the game though?

#819 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

original non restored

That.

It's a mechanical bind, not the coil or transistor. I gotta get in there and look at the coil stop and plunger and replace the sleeve. Replaced the return spring at the show, and while I'm not ruling that out, doesn't seem likely at this point. Haven't even unpacked the thing yet.

#821 6 years ago

Checked flipper gap at the show and moved it up regardless as I noticed some light scuff marks in the clear from dragging. Not really all that worried about it, it's fixable, just have to get the living room back out of chaos mode before I can deal with it. Are there any coil stops used for Bally/Williams that are acceptable replacements in case that thing is totally effed up, or do I just have to find one that fits and dremel out the screw holes?

All I know is game was played a LOT when I wasn't having to fix things. I had to keep loading it up to 99 credits and they were going going GONE.

#825 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you know you can set the replay scores for whatever you want and make them super low, so you never have to put credits in, or you can burn the Free play rom images dave supplies on his sight.
Set setting 30 to 1 and you are on free play.

I could if the game had a test switch wired in, or if I had a burner. Neither of which are true right now. I have the switch and the bracket, for some stupid reason it either was removed or fell off. One of the things on my hitlist when it gets unfolded.

#829 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you need a picture on how the toggle switch is wired in and to what colors? The wires still have to be there, if you have the switch, should be fairly easy to wire back in.

I can probably figure it out from the schematic. It's pretty low priority in my home use situation. I'll post again about it if I need a pic or something else. Does sound like the button I have is not correct though, as it's a simple pushbutton on a bracket...there's no toggle switch or the williams style manual down/auto up type..

1 week later
#843 6 years ago

Nice, man! Year of the Zacc!

1 month later
#851 6 years ago

So what are my options for rebuilding flipper mechs? I just got the game back up on legs from TPF...would like to fix it soonish and while I can possibly grind down a mushroomed coil stop, I probably need to at least replace the sleeve and spring. Surely there's equivalent parts out there?

3 months later
#881 6 years ago

What the hell is an acceptable compression spring to use for Farfalla flippers? The only ones I have keep sliding over the edge of the flipper linkage, wrapping around the backside, and not letting the flipper return. It's been pissing me off for months, nobody's been any help at all with part numbers or anything, and frankly, I'm trying to sell the damn thing to pay off some debt. Some *actual info* would me MUCH APPRECIATED.

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

You need a tapered spring:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-376
Bigger end goes to the coil.
Had the same issue with one of my games too. This fixed the problem.

Yeah. I had a tapered spring in there. The small end was still managing to get wrapped around the backside of the pawl and holding the flipper up. Possible that spring was old and the diameter has increased, but I find that unlikely. I've put in a straight compression spring like what luvthatapex2 posted, and it's working. Need some adjustment on my switches but at least it isn't binding up now. Those flipper linkages are a STUPID design. All they needed to do was to have the sides come up a bit more then springs wouldn't be able to slip off the sides. Idiotic.

#886 6 years ago

Huh. That's interesting. I haven't owned any non-EM Gottlieb games, and have never seen that before. I think I've seen the part floating loose in games I've owned previously and I couldn't ever figure out what in the heck it was for...now I know! Great idea.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.