player 2 (resized).jpg
player 1 (resized).jpg
high score (resized).jpg
MPU & driver boards (resized).jpg
credit ball-in-play (resized).jpg
Farfalla2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5399 (resized).jpg
IMG_5400 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#757 7 years ago

Any reason I should not join the club? Got offered a good deal on a Soccer Kings locally. Game was not booting, but started to after a few fuses were replaced. Still has some issues. Never seen one in person and tough to find much info on it.

#760 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I just got my Soccer kings up and running and shopped out and it's a blast. It's definitely in my top 5 faves.

Good to know, never owned anything so early. Been wanting an SS just for the different feel and this checks all the boxes.

#762 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and in the back of the playfield there is this area where you have a fork like thing, and a pin that moves side to side in an arch, which the goalie attaches to. 90% of the time the fork like wire is broken on one or both sides. The best solution, is to take 2 springs (medium soft, similar to drop target springs) put one on one side, and one on the other and have them attach to the side of the bracket. for mine, mine were a little longer, so I slide them over the edge of the bracket evenly, about halfway in the spring, then attached the spring to the wiring harness to hold it in place to keep it from sliding down. Works great. Actually better than the original design.

Good to know. I saw the machine earlier today and will pick it up later this week.

Game boots now, lower flippers work but none of the upper 3 were. I was told the upper playfield worked intermittently. The goalie had also worked intermittently but i did not see this. One display was out and the sound only worked when the ball drained. Should be a fun project.

1 month later
#813 7 years ago

Does anyone have a source for the 8 digit displays? Hoping to wrap up PM this week and do punchy the clown as well. After that going to fix up soccer kings so I can sell it. Its a pretty machine, but out of room :/

1 week later
#831 7 years ago

Been trying to test my displays for Soccer Kings. Can anyone confirm that all 5 display boards have to be connected? In my case if I try to test with anything less than 5 display boards hooked up to the ribbon cable the boards will fail to cycle 0-9 correctly. Some or all will go 0, 1,0,1, 4,5,4,5,8,9. Also, I have been seeing where in attract mode (displays should read all 0) the displays flicker like they are strobing to 8 and then back to 0.

In order to test I jumpered all 5 displays to player 2 since at the time it was counting from 0 to 9 correctly. I have 2 good display boards and 3 good glasses. 1 display board only lights a single comma. 2 display boards fail to show the first 2 digits (leftmost) and then the 5 and 6 digits. Really debating whether it is worth dealing with this or just converting to led.

#833 7 years ago

Don't think I am explaining it well enough. If I have 4 of the 5 displays plugged in some or all of them will show the wrong numbers 0-9 when doing tests. If I switch those 4 around the issues do not follow the board. If I plug all 5 boards into the ribbon cable the issue goes away altogether. If I plug one board in that shows 0 issues when all 5 boards are plugged in and it is the only board connected, it will fail the display test by showing the wrong digits. Does that make sense?

Frankly I am tempted to sell off the set to someone who wants originals and just buy the led to get rid of it the problem altogether.

#835 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, mine did that too. When I plugged the problem board in, they all wouldn't show 3,4, 5, or 6's. Once I took it out of the loop, all the rest were fine. I think you have a problem board. did you test each one, by itself one at a time?

Yes and if only 1 is plugged in at a time it reads incorrectly. If all are plugged in they read correctly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhorn, WI
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.