player 2 (resized).jpg
player 1 (resized).jpg
high score (resized).jpg
MPU & driver boards (resized).jpg
credit ball-in-play (resized).jpg
Farfalla2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5399 (resized).jpg
IMG_5400 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alan_l.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#995 5 years ago

I know that this machine and manufacturer are kind of the stepchild of Zaccaria machines, but I have a Thunder Man by Apple Time from Milan, Italy, 1987.

I am trying to get this thing to the Allentown show next weekend.

There are three coils that fire about every other second or so in either attract mode or gameplay. They do this constantly. Switches are open. It's almost as though the game were in a partial coil test mode. No schematics or manual available. If this were a Zaccaria, Bally, GTB or Williams machine, where would you suggest I look?

Thanks for your help,

Alan (Alain)

2 weeks later
#1017 5 years ago

I guess that I qualify as an associate member, I have a Apple Time "Thunder Man", built in 1987. It has a Zac boardset with Gottlieb playfield parts and original LED displays.

The artwork on the backglass and playfield features Kurt Russell as Snake Plissken in "Escape From New York" and a woman and young boy from the motion picture "Young Sherlock Holmes", all of which are absolute copyright violations. Maybe that's why Apple Time only made one machine.

Maybe you guys can help with a problem. During gameplay, the right hole kicker, drop target reset and outhole coils fire on a regular basis, almost like they are in Test Mode. It's not like a missing ball search because the left hole kicker does not fire and why would the drop target reset coil fire
to find a missing ball? I have a manual but no schematic.

Thanks,

Alan

3 months later
#1073 5 years ago

I have a Thunder Man made by Apple Time in Milan, Italy 1987. The boardset is a bastard cousin of Zaccaria boards. My machine has speech ROMS in Italian. The manual says that English ROMS were made. Does anyone, perhaps in the U.K., have English ROMS and could burn me a set?

Thanks,

Alan

1 month later
#1095 5 years ago

Is DIP switch 4 on the MPU set to OFF? It should be in gameplay.

5 months later
#1246 5 years ago

Does anyone have a stash of, or know of a supplier of, the white "top hat" design post caps for hex posts? I know they're a PIA to remove but I only need six to complete my Apple Time "Thunder Man", kind of a bastard cousin of Zac machines that uses them.

Thanks,

Alan

1 month later
#1327 4 years ago

Here's problem that I ran into.

I have an 1987 Apple Time "Thunder Man', kind of a bastard cousin of your Zac's. I had infrequent resets and then the machine quits altogether: no LED's, no boot. I spent some time looking at bridges, regulators and various components on the PS board. I noticed a very faint burn spot on a connector housing. I replaced the #6 pin on CN1 (yellow wire). Neither the old pin or header pin looked bad. But when I fired it up, the machine works great! No more resets. I guess that the Power Failure on these boards must be really sensitive to even the slightest voltage drop. I'm going to repin the entire connector with Trifurcons and replace the header pins.

Hope this will help someone in the future.

5 months later
#1533 4 years ago

Pinballinreno, take some close up pics of all the connectors, many have extra uncovered header pins and sometimes there are no keying plugs in the plastic connector housings. Plugging in one pin off can cause some issues you don't want.

You also might want to think about losing that battery, NVRAM is plug and play on this board I believe, no soldering.

Have fun, a great machine.

#1545 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I did see bent over clear plastic pins that once worked

"plastic pins"? Really? Can you publish a close up pic?

I had to use an Exacto to get my pop caps off my Thunder Man.

Battery: just clip off the wire tie and the leads on both ends of the battery close to the ends of the battery. I've seen boards that had the original battery with no alkaline leakage that had been sitting around for a while. But when you start playing the machine or working on it, the battery starts to leak like a congressional hearing. Remove now.

Correction: Because Farfalla is a Gen. 2 MPU, there is no NVRAM available. Sorry.

The easiest way (I think) is to install a remote battery holder. Google: remote battery holder MPU pinball

2 weeks later
#1669 4 years ago

Looks like you fixed her nose, not a bad job. A pinball rhinoplasty?

2 years later
#2802 1 year ago

Can I use a LH5114H-15 RAM chip in U-4?

8 months later
#3076 1 year ago

Hi dvs626,
My TM has the same size as GTB System 80's. Considering that Apple Time stole the playfield design from GTBs Bounty Hunter, I would say that a GTB cabinet and head would work. I can't measure mine right now because I'm in a bar. When I sober up tomorrow I will send you the measurements from mine.
I'll compare the lockdown bars from Wms. Bad Cats and GTB Hot Shots as well.

Can I have another one of these, please?
Oh, sorry, that wasn't meant for you.

1 month later
#3119 1 year ago
Quoted from BRONX:

How many moon flights were made?

Less than 424 units according to the Mr. Pinball List and Price Guide.

9 months later
#3400 72 days ago

Does anyone have a 6514 RAM for IC-4 on a 2nd generation Zac board, or a source for them that's not in China? The Pinball Solutions Dual NVRAM 6514/2114 has been on back order for quite some time and I would like to get this machine working. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhorn, WI
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alan_l.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=alan_l and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.