player 2 (resized).jpg
player 1 (resized).jpg
high score (resized).jpg
MPU & driver boards (resized).jpg
credit ball-in-play (resized).jpg
Farfalla2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5399 (resized).jpg
IMG_5400 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ViperJelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1062 5 years ago

Any thoughts on what a nice Combat should go for? Plastics and playfield look nice. Tempted to join the club...

1 month later
#1088 5 years ago

Anyone know a good substitute for the ball drop spring in Devil Riders? I have the small wireform that guides the ball from the upper playfield to the main playfield but I do not have the spring.

Thanks

2 weeks later
#1136 5 years ago

I have a devil riders in the final stages of resurrection but ran across a couple issues.

upper playfield flippers do not activate but i think the ramp switches work fine, i can hear them register and the targets are active. Might be a fuse somewhere but haven't had time to investigate yet. Not super worried here, I think I can handle this one.

All the scores are only showing commas except the credit/timer display which seems to work fine. At start up I get a readout of 3 600 001 with the one blinking, is this significant?

Thanks

John

#1139 5 years ago

I will double check the displays but they may be trashed. Didn't work in my Farfalla so they may just be bad. Strange that all 4 would be that way. Commas seem to work though...

Relay works fine, the switches to the upper playfield are good but the only the bottom flippers will ever fire. Upper flippers do not fire in test.

Going to drop a quick line here and say that I got the new board from Gianfri and he was very helpful when I had questions. The Devil Riders was a barn find and needed quite a bit of work. Board had pretty severe battery damage and the new board got it up and running.

#1142 5 years ago

I think I am to the point where everything is working on the Devil Riders except the upper flippers (and the displays which I am replacing). I keep thinking it must be the relay even though the relay activates when the switch is tripped (either side). The lower flippers never turn off and the upper flippers never turn on. Is there anything else that could fail on the relay or something in particular that I should check?

Thanks

John

#1144 5 years ago

Tried it. No difference. Wondering if there wiring on the relay is correct. Can someone check to see if this matches theirs?

IMG_20181116_172655 (resized).jpgIMG_20181116_172655 (resized).jpg
#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from mantz88:

Some of you will love it. Most of you will hate it but here it is my full LED Farfalla.

As someone who is doing the exact same thing right now I like it. The varied colors on the rainbow are a no brainer I think, they look very sharp. Color matching the inserts also seems to make a lot of sense. I am debating what colors to use behind the backglass and you have given me some food for thought.

3 weeks later
#1172 5 years ago

Is anyone manufacturing new zaccaria flippers? Follow up, anyone have any NOS that they would like to sell? Would also be interested in lightly used.

3 weeks later
#1178 5 years ago

Anyone have a driver board or power board for sale compatible with a devil riders?

1 month later
#1194 5 years ago

Gianfri, what are thinking on cost for the driver board?

Thanks

John

1 month later
#1238 5 years ago

Combat for sale. Would consider OBO as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/77457

#1240 5 years ago

Looking for thoughts on this new issue for the Devil Riders. Game plays 100% but no insert lamps work except for the Shoot Again insert which is always on. Lamps used to work. New MPU and driver board. I have swapped power supply boards with a Magic Castle and it has no effect. I should mention that the backglass lights work correctly as well.

I have disconnected the sound to make sure that isn't the culprit.

Fuses are good.

Any thoughts on where to look?

Thanks

John

#1244 5 years ago

I swapped the cable with the mpu to audio board cable. No difference. Might change the chip or the mpu board next.

Thanks for the suggestions!

1 week later
#1252 5 years ago

Congratulations on the spooky!

3 weeks later
#1297 4 years ago

Looks great, glad to see you're enjoying it!

1 week later
#1313 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I want to install led's on my farfalla.
Any advice?

I put leds in mine and it looks good. Maybe some occasional ghosting but nothing too crazy. GI in warm white then color match inserts to the shot. Don't have any great pics as I usually only do that wen i am getting ready to sell You can kind of see it in the pic below linked below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1XjTGrgTwARYR7an9

Edit: I will also mention I did the rainbow in multicolor and I think it looks sharp.

#1316 4 years ago

I used standard comets and I might be exaggerating the ghosting. It is usually only momentary.

2 weeks later
#1355 4 years ago

My Devil Riders is working great with the exception of the motor that spins the motorcycle. Has anyone found a replacement? It spins but just barely, seems weak. Thanks.

#1357 4 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Just for doublecheck, have you verified the transmission joint?
I had the problem but it wasn't the motor but the rubber joint which was totally dead and slippery.
Just in case...

I actually just put in a new rubber ring. Should probably double check the size.

1 month later
#1435 4 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

New video of my second Spooky up and running, finally!

Thanks for sharing. Great to see how these play, not much footage out there.

3 weeks later
#1468 4 years ago

It isn't 2 Spooky's but it's a start. Both work and are in really nice shape. I will be putting one of the Magic Castles up for sale in the next few weeks. Feel free to reach out if interested, heading out of town on vacation later this week so I am holding off posting it in the market until I get back.

IMG_20190818_203726 (resized).jpgIMG_20190818_203726 (resized).jpg
#1471 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

anyone else have a problem with magic castle not being steep enough? I have my back legs jacked up as high as they go, and rubber spacer on the back and the fronts down as low as they go and still can't good pitch. DId they do the gottlieb thing like haunted house, where the backs are longer than the fronts?

You can see from my 2 Magic Castles that the one on the right (my original) is much higher. New long levellers all the way out. It plays well, not sure on angle though.

#1475 4 years ago

Having an issue with my +5V on my Star God power board. Input power is good, fuses good, rectifier is outputting 15.5V but nothing at Output. Any thoughts on possible issue?

Edit: Thinking it might be a trace issue. Will keep digging.

2 weeks later
#1488 4 years ago

Devil Riders for Sale. Will get the Magic Castle up soon.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/84619

1 month later
#1525 4 years ago

Played Robot at expo and enjoyed it immensely (thank you for bringing it Brenna). If anyone ever thinks of selling one please let me know.

#1528 4 years ago

Anyone have a link to the ribbon cables that go from mpu to the sound and driver boards? Thanks.

4 months later
#1783 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Pinside says $1260 is the median price.
I imagine much less if the game is not complete or in poor condition.

I honestly think if it is working and in decent cosmetic shape then $1500-$2000 is more reasonable. If it is very nice then maybe more. I like this machine a lot though.

1 month later
#1856 4 years ago
Quoted from Doug_1970:

Hi,
Long time Zaccaria collector here, but relatively new to Pinside and just came across this thread. Here's some of my collection....
I have 24 Zacs altogether, but have a games room I've just built that has eight of them.[quoted image][quoted image]

Great collection Doug. Which are your favorites?

2 weeks later
#1891 4 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Dear Zaccaria lovers,
discover here the latest news on the Zaccaria LED displays:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-pinballsolutionseu-official-thread-#post-5607097
Gianfri

Are you going to do the 8 digit displays in blue? I think my Magic Castle needs them

#1893 4 years ago

Not until Gianfri made them. He has blue and white options for 7 digit. "Need" was a little strong, I would really like to have them.

2 weeks later
#1921 3 years ago

What is the availability on the time machine ramp? Anyone have a spare that they would sell?

2 weeks later
#1954 3 years ago

That is pretty incredible, great job. Farfalla is a lot of fun.

#1958 3 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Hello viperjelly , guess what?
I have just received the white and blue digits for the 8 digits displays

PM sent! Thanks for getting these in!

#1967 3 years ago

My insert lights dim and then come back on strong, happens periodically. Also happens when pops start blinking. Power supply issue I suppose?

#1975 3 years ago

Looks like my 5V periodically drops to 2.5V and then jumps back. Any thoughts as to the cause?

2 weeks later
#1999 3 years ago

Everyone has their own opinion on lights but I think Farfalla looks great in LEDs.

#2003 3 years ago

Inserts in color as appropriate. GI in warm white. Rainbow colors on the rainbow might be much for some but I think it looks good. I had to use night mode in the phone to get the colors to show better but the image is a little blurry.

IMG_20200618_072908 (resized).jpgIMG_20200618_072908 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#2080 3 years ago

I am going to have 5 Zacs and reasonably have room for 3. Which 3 would you pick from this list (no specific order):

1. Clown
2. Magic Castle
3. Farfalla
4. Pool Champion
5. Time Machine

#2085 3 years ago

My buddy did get some PTSD from the Clown They all have great shots/features. Magic Castle will not be the one leaving. Should have mentioned that earlier.

5 months later
#2285 3 years ago

Not ready to post a formal wanted ad but still looking for a robot if anyone is thinking of selling. Would trade almost anything (not the JJPs).

3 months later
#2353 2 years ago

Gauging interest to see if anyone wants to trade their Robot for a very nice Farfalla. Plus or minus cash depending on condition

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhorn, WI
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ViperJelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=ViperJelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.