player 2 (resized).jpg
player 1 (resized).jpg
high score (resized).jpg
MPU & driver boards (resized).jpg
credit ball-in-play (resized).jpg
Farfalla2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5399 (resized).jpg
IMG_5400 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chosen_S.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1770 4 years ago

Hi all, I just acquired my first Zaccaria, Farfalla...

Im having some trouble, seems some of the wiring on the coin door is misplaced, which I can correct looking at the schematics.

But, I may need some help here... the start button; when pressed will not start a game, the programming actually goes to the diagnostic menu when the start button is pressed.

I can coin up the machine no problem shorting out the correct coin wires that are disconnected.

The service switch when pressed: a sound "let's see what you can do" plays and the game I believe starts, but no ball is shot into the shooter lane.

When I press the Start button; I can cycle through all of the settings and get to a solenoid test and everything works; including the outhole solenoid that shoots a ball to the shooter lane.

any help please?

also; can someone please post pictures detailing the coin door wiring to help me push this along maybe a little quicker?

Thanks guys, excited to finally be part of the club!

#1772 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Is the dip switch on the mainboard in test/diagnostic mode?
It took me forever, reading the manual to figure this out.

No, the dip is off

Is the outhole switch supposed to be normally closed? Like this?....

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1774 4 years ago

No, it looks bent. The ball has to actuate it.
Im working on my farfalla also.
It was pretty rough but after extensive cleaning and board repairs it plays great!
I just posted 5.9 million points on it.
The new pinball solutions led displsys are incredible!

Sweet man, the ball actuates the switch just fine, the wiring is my issue

The way the switch is wired makes the switch “normally on”. Then the ball actuates it and switches the switch off

Need to see if the wiring is correct

I’m finding several broken wires and switch contact issues on mine that I’ve been repairing today.

#1776 4 years ago

Keep at it.
I found operator hacks on every single coils and switch.
After deep cleaning and careful attention to the schematic, the game started settling down (no more smoke and fires lol) and playing well.

I’m still plugging away, I believe IC38 is having an issue, there’s a whole row of switches not functioning but all the connections a ohm out just fine, I’ve got one (CA3081) on order

I could really use a photo of the wiring of the outhole switch, or if anyone has a set of restore photos of the underside of the playfield... please

#1791 4 years ago

I agree

5FEB2601-50A0-4FDE-9715-CEE8EB894BA0 (resized).jpeg5FEB2601-50A0-4FDE-9715-CEE8EB894BA0 (resized).jpegB1326574-8B4E-4006-A837-082481AD9FDD (resized).jpegB1326574-8B4E-4006-A837-082481AD9FDD (resized).jpegE76BB429-0896-4211-981F-B998A85A6F0C (resized).jpegE76BB429-0896-4211-981F-B998A85A6F0C (resized).jpeg
#1792 4 years ago

For Farfalla

I could really use a photo of the wiring of the outhole switch, or if anyone has a set of restore photos of the underside of the playfield...

please

#1795 4 years ago

i forgot about this, sorry.
Ill get some pics monday.
your gameroom add-on is amazing.

Thank you!

And

Thank you!

#1797 4 years ago

Took some outhole wiring pics:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you!

#1800 4 years ago

Hey all,

I have 2 issues I need some help with on Farfalla please.

1. I’m having sound issues. The speech at the end of sound test works, there’s only one sound effect that works (the rollover lane at the top of the playfield). No other sound effects work, if at all they are very momentary. I replaced the capacitors on the sound board, no change other than it took the buzz out of the speakers. I also reflowed the connector pins and the pot pins on the board.

2. I’ve also got the lower pop bumper frying it’s transistor... I’m going to replace the coil which seems burnt and crusty with the Bally/Williams equivalent. I’ll replace the transistor, resistor, and coil and diode and try again, unless anyone has a suggestion of anything else I need to do.

Thank you guys

1 week later
#1829 4 years ago

If someone has the American insert to Farfalla, I’d like to buy it, the one with the girl with a dress on

#1837 4 years ago

Hey guys I need a little help with Farfalla, I have everything working except sound, I get voice and a couple of sound effects and that’s it. Where do I start looking?

I have installed brand new roms.

#1839 4 years ago

background sounds set to on (1) in the menu?
Clear all audits in the menu and set background sounds to on.
Go thru all settings untill the end as sometimes it wont save anything.
Try turning the volume adjustment pots back and forth, they might just be dirty.
My game had no sound when I got it and came alive after fiddling with the sound pots.
I let it set another 10 years and of course no sound lol. But turning the volume control up and down fixed it again.
Do the sounds work in test?
If they do then its a CPU issue, not necessarily a sound board issue.
Or its a bad chip on the sound board if it doesnt work right.
see here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-sound-issues#post-4979075

Capacitors replaced and connectors and pots solder reflowed on the back of the sound board. ( reflowing one of the pots stopped a hum in the sound from a cold solder joint )

Pots adjusted over and over with no change

Pots adjusted per the manual as well

95% of the Sounds do not work in sound test

Same sounds that do work in sound test also work in game, maybe 2 sound effects work and the voice sound effects all work to my knowledge.

All of the settings gone through and adjusted one by one, and double checked afterward. Successful adjustment save .

#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

sounds like you have flaky sound board. It happens sometimes. That might need to be sent out to be fixed. zaccaria-pinball.com fixes them.

Thank you!

2 weeks later
#1850 4 years ago

I’d like an American insert if anyone has one to sell

1 month later
#1946 3 years ago

Hey guys, my Farfalla is having volume issues. The volume is cutting in and out; I suspect the volume pot inside the coin door is suspect. As I have sent my boards off to be repaired because of sound issues. Does anyone know which pot I need to purchase for the volume control inside the coin door?

#1948 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

did you move it all the way back and forth like 20 times? that cleans them out well.

Yessir, sure did, been working on this game for a few months

1 week later
#1968 3 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

There is a product called "contact" which cleans the contacts of the potentiometers.
That's an option
Otherwise I would verify that the Molex which connects to the sound board is not too loose and is not the source of the problem.

Thank you, I’ll dig in to that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhorn, WI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chosen_S.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=Chosen_S and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.