IMG-20231107-WA0026 (resized).jpg
IMG-20231206-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG-20231229-WA0022 (resized).jpg
IMG-20231107-WA0028 (resized).jpg
IMG-20231222-WA0028 (resized).jpg
IMG-20231222-WA0034 (resized).jpg
IMG-20231229-WA0031 (resized).jpg
IMG-20240112-WA0011 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BorgDog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2053 3 years ago
Quoted from LorenZ:

productions %

Time frame?

9 months later
#2372 2 years ago
Quoted from Evel-Rider:

Okay CaptainNeo asked for it, way off topic but here it is; my 1985 NSM Löwen Hot Fire Birds. The NSM Company from Germany made and still make, jukeboxes, vending machines and in the 80’s also a few pinballs (5 different ones I think). I believe 850 of these were made.
They have an all steel body with faux wood vinyl all around.
Most of the underside playfield components are Gottlieb but the boards, software and design were all their own.
I stumbled upon this particular one some 6 years ago, my first pinball machine, something I always dreamed of. It didn’t start up but I took it home anyway as decoration in my living room as happy as I could be.
Some lights worked but no sound no displays and no startup. It tried to fix it, checked the fuses, traced all the wires, tapped on the boards here and there but I had no clue whatsoever where to start.
I called around and send emails to various local pinball repair shops and people in ‘the scene’ and they all started laughing without exception and told me NSM machines are pieces of crap. One shop advised me to put it in the garden and plant flowers in it cause that’s all they were good for (I kid you not).
As it turned out later this machine had been travelling trough the pinball circuit for well over a decade, went from owner to owner and no one could fix it. That’s why I got it for exactly $100,-
It sat in my room for a year like that turning it on every evening and watch the few lights come on until a colleague of mine visited me and suggested to bring over his oscilloscope to just check some components, he soon recognized a RAM as such, (I didn’t have a clue) and a few minutes later he thought he found the problem in the shape of the RAM being dead/empty/broken. We checked the ram’s no. and found one online for $1,79 and replaced it, a manual in pdf was also found online.
The manual stated the need of a ‘service-box’ wich you connect to the machine to program it’s memory / settings, these ‘service-tastaturs’ are also used to program the companies vending machines so I found one on Ebay for $50,-, we hooked it up, followed the guidelines from the manual and after a few hiccups it started right up !
It sure needed some tweaking here and there, the battery had leaked but didn’t do any damage. I cleaned and waxed the playfield and installed about 100 new lamps and a set of rubbers and I played on it on a weekly basis for the last 5 years, it still looks great with little to no wear on the playfield, some old school German reliability there.
I still love the Sci-Fi ‘Owl’ theme, has great sounds, a drop kick, and a dual ball option on certain high scores, and still is challenging enough for me.
I received some emails from a few people over the years mocking me if I ever got lucky in getting the NSM working .... well, yes (my colleague) did !
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool, thanks for sharing. Definitely a lot of gottlieb in there. Now we just need a gameplay video

1 year later
#2814 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Next time I go to the hardware store I'll try to remember to take a bolt with and size it. Actually, I really should just buy one of those bolt sizing plates.

I have this set, come in handy more times than I can think of, check bolts and nuts, standard and metric.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FJW0GK

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BorgDog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=BorgDog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.