IMG_1457 (resized).JPG
IMG_1455 (resized).JPG
20240415_124758 (resized).jpg
20240415_125351 (resized).jpg
power board (resized).jpg
power board fuses (resized).jpg
player 4 (resized).jpg
player 3 (resized).jpg
There are 3,512 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 71.
#3451 33 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

nope, if you notice. The glass section is a plug in style. So you can unplug the glass from the board on any display. You can swap them around and find out which ones you need glass for, and which ones the board is bad.

OK, I was able make a good display out of a pair of glass & boards, so I have 4 functioning displays. I have verified that the remaining 2 boards are shot, and by visual inspection, I can see that the remaining 2 glasses are shot as well.

So I need 2 complete displays. I will only buy them if they have been verified to completely work.

#3452 33 days ago

My Farfalla seems to be working fine with doing settings, adding credits, etc., except for the credit button not starting the game! The MPU board red LED shows continuously, not flashing at all. If it matters, I had replaced the battery with a 3-pack of AA batteries, with a diode, and hooked up red-to-red & black-to-black.

I guess I should see if there is continuity from the MPU to the credit button switch (which will have to wait 2-3 weeks as I will be going away).

This should mean that at least the MPU is OK, right? I want to order a power board for a different Zacc, but want to make sure I only need that board.

#3453 33 days ago
Quoted from swampwiz:

My Farfalla seems to be working fine with doing settings, adding credits, etc., except for the credit button not starting the game! The MPU board red LED shows continuously, not flashing at all. If it matters, I had replaced the battery with a 3-pack of AA batteries, with a diode, and hooked up red-to-red & black-to-black.
I guess I should see if there is continuity from the MPU to the credit button switch (which will have to wait 2-3 weeks as I will be going away).
This should mean that at least the MPU is OK, right? I want to order a power board for a different Zacc, but want to make sure I only need that board.

If you can successfully change settings and have them save that means diagnostic dip switch 4 on the MPU is on. Turn it back to off and you should be able to play a game.

#3454 33 days ago
Quoted from swampwiz:

is the game in attract mode?

#3455 32 days ago

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

is the game in attract mode?

I don't know, LOL. When I turn it on, all the feature lights go off & on in a pattern (e.g., running up the bonus). The coin slot switch, the test switch, and the displays all work (except for one display that is malfunctioning). I'll be back in about 3 weeks, and I'll get back to work on it.

#3456 32 days ago
Quoted from swampwiz:

I don't know, LOL. When I turn it on, all the feature lights go off & on in a pattern (e.g., running up the bonus). The coin slot switch, the test switch, and the displays all work (except for one display that is malfunctioning). I'll be back in about 3 weeks, and I'll get back to work on it.

then it's in attract mode. You sure the start button is making contact and clean?

#3457 31 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

then it's in attract mode. You sure the start button is making contact and clean?

Yes, it looked clean; I think I had sprayed it with contact cleaner.

#3458 31 days ago

Is the Zaccaria power board by pinballsolutions.eu now unavailable?

#3459 31 days ago

swampwiz did you check this?

Quoted from frisbez:

If you can successfully change settings and have them save that means diagnostic dip switch 4 on the MPU is on. Turn it back to off and you should be able to play a game.

#3460 31 days ago
Quoted from swampwiz:

Is the Zaccaria power board by pinballsolutions.eu now unavailable?

Says "Available on back order" on the website : https://www.pinballsolutions.eu/product/new-zaccaria-power-evo-board-for-g1-g2-pinball-machines/
Maybe gianfri can tell you when it's back in stock?

#3461 31 days ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

swampwiz did you check this?

I will do this when I get back to my herd in a few weeks.

#3462 31 days ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Has anyone put LEDs in the GI on a gen1?
I want to brighten up Space Shuttle but I think some of the GI is actually feature lamps (the inlane ones flash when the ball travels past). I imagine LEDs will look awful there.

Me
in a locomotion and I love them

#3463 31 days ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Says "Available on back order" on the website : https://www.pinballsolutions.eu/product/new-zaccaria-power-evo-board-for-g1-g2-pinball-machines/
Maybe gianfri can tell you when it's back in stock?

I confirm that it's out of stock, there will be at least 2 weeks delay.

#3464 31 days ago
Quoted from swampwiz:

Yes, it looked clean; I think I had sprayed it with contact cleaner.

Never use contact cleaner chemical products on pinball contacts, you should clean it.

If some of the contacts do not work in test mode you may have the switch matrix of the CPU damaged.
IC38 most of the time is the responsible.

#3465 31 days ago
Quoted from swampwiz:

What are the normal colors for the displays for System 1 (specifically Space Mission). The current ones for mine are Bally-esque amber for all except the credit/match, which is red (maybe it's also Bally-esque orange, just with a transparency?). Half of them are shot, so it looks like I will need to get a replacement set, although I like to keep it as stock, 190V or not, but they seem to be unobtainable.
The current ones for mine have an amber plastic color front (for the player displays), red for the credit/match (which could explain the above observation), but the high-score one has a blue color front, but yet still shows as Bally-esque amber, which seems strange.
It would appear that the only place to get replacement displays is pinballsolutions.eu, and there is the option in colors as orange, blue, white. Does the plastic color front fit over these replacements? If not, what is color is supposed to be used for credit/match (which is now red)? Should the high-score display be blue (even though for whatever reason the current ones show as amber?
Also, the one on mine for high-score has a switch module of 6 - what's that all about?

All you have there is normal

Displays are all orange/amber but in G1 they used plastic covers to give some effect, Red for credits and match, Blue for high score.
The plastic cover can be installed on the LED displays from pinballsolutions.

The display with red dip switch is mine, must have been bought by the previous owner.
The dip switch is used to easily move the display without soldering the little jumper, if you want to place the display on player1 you set 1 to ON on the dip switch.

Last but not least:
a display with last digit blinking indicates the the score is over a million, it's a feature indicated in the manuals.

#3466 29 days ago

WHITE LED's in any GI socket of a zac works perfectly fine.

#3467 28 days ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Displays are all orange/amber but in G1 they used plastic covers to give some effect, Red for credits and match, Blue for high score.
The display with red dip switch is mine, must have been bought by the previous owner.
The dip switch is used to easily move the display without soldering the little jumper, if you want to place the display on player1 you set 1 to ON on the dip switch.
Last but not least:
a display with last digit blinking indicates the the score is over a million, it's a feature indicated in the manuals.

I see it in the Space Shuttle manual, but not in the Farfalla manual - is it also the case for Farfalla?

#3468 28 days ago
Quoted from PinballDr:

I have my Farfalla set for extra ball play at 200,000, 550,000, and 1,250,000. That way most players will get at least one extra ball.

I have decided to set it (5 balls per game) at 2.400.000 & 3.600.000 for a replay, and have the Orange Bonus set to 300.000 (the Yellow Bonus gives Bonus Ball, and the Multispecial gives a replay).

#3469 28 days ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Can you post pictures of your displays? I may have some of the earlier ones that would fit that.

I now have 4 good 6-digit displays on my Space Shuttle, so I will go the route of getting OEM replacements, and thus could get this from you. I also have one bad 7-digit display on my Farfalla - and as well, 1 bad display on my Bally Playboy.

#3470 28 days ago
Quoted from swampwiz:

I see it in the Space Shuttle manual, but not in the Farfalla manual - is it also the case for Farfalla?

Farfalla is a G2 machine
Starting from Soccer Kings (first G2 machine) they stopped using plastic covers

#3471 27 days ago
Quoted from swampwiz:

I now have 4 good 6-digit displays on my Space Shuttle, so I will go the route of getting OEM replacements, and thus could get this from you. I also have one bad 7-digit display on my Farfalla - and as well, 1 bad display on my Bally Playboy.

I will dig out what I have. Can look tomorrow.

#3472 27 days ago

Anyone have a spare Zaccaria shooter rod housing? The Nautilus I picked up has a Williams one.

#3473 27 days ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Farfalla is a G2 machine
Starting from Soccer Kings (first G2 machine) they stopped using plastic covers

I was referring to the blinking last digit to convey that the display value has been rolled over.

#3474 26 days ago
Quoted from swampwiz:

I was referring to the blinking last digit to convey that the display value has been rolled over.

So I confirm that it is not a bug nor a problem, just a feature.

#3475 25 days ago
Quoted from swampwiz:

I have six of the 6-digit Zaccaria displays (each is made up of three 2-digit glass) and I have one 8-digit Zaccaria display using the single 8-digit glass. The only Zaccaria game I own is a Devil Riders that uses the 7-digit displays. Unfortunately I don't have any way to test these 6 and 8 digit displays.

I do have an extra nice Bally 6-digit display that is tested and confirmed working in case you still need one of those.

#3476 25 days ago
Quoted from gianfri:

So this applies to both Gen 1 & Gen 2 titles?

#3477 24 days ago

Hi, just thought I'd drop by... being an avid fan of Zaccaria games... luckily over the years I've been able to pick up a Farfalla (a game I 'fell in love with' when I saw the image of the playfield in a pinball art book), followed by several other Zacc's, including Time Machine, Spooky, Zankor, Robot, Soccer Kings and Locomotion...

One question while I'm here, does anyone happen to have a spare Robot playfield they'd consider selling? It would be for someone in Texas...

Thanks!

#3478 23 days ago
Quoted from gianfri:

So you have confirmed that this is the case for Gen 2 titles as well as Gen 1?

#3479 23 days ago

According to pinrepair.com, the Generation-2 titles that use 7-digit display use the 1s digit to show the 10-millions digit. Is this accurate? Does anyone know of a video that proves this?

#3480 23 days ago
Quoted from swampwiz:

According to pinrepair.com, the Generation-2 titles that use 7-digit display use the 1s digit to show the 10-millions digit. Is this accurate? Does anyone know of a video that proves this?

Yes it's accurate.

#3481 23 days ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Last but not least:

I see the blue cover, but the digits still looks amber. I also see the red cover, but the digits do look red.

#3482 23 days ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Yes it's accurate.

So if the player has the score 65.232.110, it would be rendered as 5232116?

This is something I'll need to have displayed on the custom score cards I'm getting.

#3483 23 days ago

OK, I think the strange way that Zacc does over-the-top scoring with the rightmost digit requires that I explain this in the custom score cards, and so I am considering:

Gen 1: RIGHTMOST DIGIT FLASHING INDICATES SINGLE OVER-THE-TOP SCORE OF ADDITIONAL 1.000.000

Gen 2: RIGHTMOST DIGIT INDICATES NUMBER OF OVER-THE-TOP SCORES OF ADDITIONAL 10.000.000

What do you all think?

#3484 20 days ago

Hi all
just about completed this rebuild final touches like score cards to be printed fast playing and a beautiful looking machine.

1713964521366.jpg1713964521366.jpg

1713964521351.jpg1713964521351.jpg

#3485 20 days ago
Quoted from fastdraw:

Hi all
just about completed this rebuild final touches like score cards to be printed fast playing and a beautiful looking machine.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

damn that looks beautiful. NIce work.

#3486 20 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

damn that looks beautiful. NIce work.

Thank you Captain,
I had massive issues with the wrong coils being installed on the kickers which i didn't pickup at first also low reading out hole coil went through
11x tip 102 2x 3081 and various chips it was doing my head in for nearly 2 weeks i was just going round in circles.
A Question for you, im sure it should have chrome legs is that correct ??

#3487 20 days ago
Quoted from fastdraw:

circles.
A Question for you, im sure it should have chrome legs is that correct ?

Flyer shows chrome legs, so I think that's a yes...

20240429_205849 (resized).jpg20240429_205849 (resized).jpg

Unless they changed the legs for production...

#3488 20 days ago

Nice work. First game with game time bonus. Ahead of its time!

Quoted from fastdraw:

Hi all

#3489 20 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

and every zac after. I think smooth chrome is correct.

#3490 19 days ago

thanks pinballslave

Quoted from pinballslave:

Flyer shows chrome legs, so I think that's a yes...
[quoted image]
Unless they changed the legs for production...

#3491 19 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

thanks, and you are right they are actually works of art for that era

#3492 19 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and every zac after. I think smooth chrome is correct.

thanks, i should of looked at the fyer i have black powder coated legs on it now it just doesn't seem to do it justice.
i will put a new set of chrome legs on it see how they look then

#3493 18 days ago
Quoted from fastdraw:

i will put a new set of chrome legs on it see how they look then

You're probably already thinking the same thing, but if you get chrome legs with ribs down the side, like on modern pins, to me that would look wrong... rib-less chrome legs are the way to go for this era game IMO.

#3494 13 days ago

Just picked up my first Zacc - a Magic Castle. My center standup is missing the target; is there any Bally/William or Stern part I can use as a drop in replacement?

#3495 13 days ago

not really, which standup you missing? the one for B?

#3496 13 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

not really, which standup you missing? the one for B?

Yup. I haven't looked too closely yet but it looks like a regular stand up, functionality wise. What's still left of it actually works - if the ball hits it dead on, what's left of the metal leaf will close the circuit and score. Was hoping that a standard square stand up with a decal would at least work, if not look exactly the same.

#3497 12 days ago
Quoted from Rolpa:

Yup. I haven't looked too closely yet but it looks like a regular stand up, functionality wise. What's still left of it actually works - if the ball hits it dead on, what's left of the metal leaf will close the circuit and score. Was hoping that a standard square stand up with a decal would at least work, if not look exactly the same.

yes, I have made my own stand ups from other zac targets using water slide decals. Sand the back to get the old image off. Then reverse print the image on clear waterslide. Then cover the back with white water slide.

#3498 11 days ago

Where to get translucent red flippers for Generation 2? (I've discovered a crack in one of mine.) Everywhere I check seems to be out-of-stock.

#3499 10 days ago

Where to get translucent red flippers for Generation 2? (I've discovered a crack in one of mine.) Everywhere I check seems to be out-of-stock.

We do have a few NOS..... came from a Zaccaria distributor in Holland many years ago. Contact me if you are interested.

IMG_7855 (resized).jpgIMG_7855 (resized).jpg

IMG_7838 (resized).jpgIMG_7838 (resized).jpg

Added 8 days ago:

---We are out of the red flipperbats unfortunately---

#3500 10 days ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

You're probably already thinking the same thing, but if you get chrome legs with ribs down the side, like on modern pins, to me that would look wrong... rib-less chrome legs are the way to go for this era game IMO.

mmmmm :thinking:i see you are right i'm not sure where to get rib less legs here in oz will have to look around

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhorn, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Girard, PA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 3,512 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.