IMG_5453 (resized).JPEG
IMG_5450 (resized).JPEG
IMG_5451 (resized).JPEG
IMG_5452 (resized).JPEG
20240517_175432 (resized).jpg
20240517_175426 (resized).jpg
20240517_175420 (resized).jpg
IMG_7838 (resized).jpg
There are 3,535 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 71.
#3101 1 year ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Pics of boards and plugs: Voltage readings with game on and a game started, ball 1, not plunged: Note: - are dashes not minus signs unless in parenthesis.
Test Points: TP 1 - 159.7, TP 2 - 11.0, TP 3 - 5.6, TP 4 - 5.0, TP 5 - 39.4, TP 6 - (-4.7), TP 7 - 4.8, TP 8 - 0
C 7 - 11.1
Fuses: F2 - 4.8, F3 - 2.5, F4 - (-6.2), F5 - 19.6
Thanks again for any guidance / ideas.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don't know if you got the machine like that or if you replaced the power connectors by yourself but there is a mistake there.
CN2 and CN3 are swapped.
exchange them and your problem with the flipper bats should be solved

The 2 pins yellow connector goes just after the orange one on the sound board, without that you have no sounds going to the speaker.

#3102 1 year ago

Thanks, I will give that a try. Appreciate the help.

#3103 1 year ago

So mostly good news. Switched connectors, and plugged in the yellow connector and it is playing a game, and scoring correctly. Looks like I am down to 2 problems.

The upper play field lights, pop bumper lights, bonus lights (except for 6,000), and the out lane flipper save lights, are out. The picture is running the lamp test, showing the lamps that do light. Which are all of the back box lights, the lower and very upper corner play field lamps under the plastics, and the 6,000 bonus lamp. The bright lights above the ramps are reflections of the back box lights. I am wondering if the 6,000 bonus lamp lighting is a clue. But looked under the PF and can't find any obvious shorts, or broken wires. Checked all fuses of course. What I can't find, because I am used to EM schematics, is any kind of circuit shown in the manual or electrical diagrams which show what circuitry is supposed to light the lamps that are out.

The other problem is the knocker coil was fried. So I replaced it with something not Zacharia, but that I thought would work at least temporarily. The knocker fired on game start, and stayed locked on. So I desoldered the wires to the coil, and for now taped them off. I can live without a knocker for a while, but not playfield lamps.

Thanks for the help so far, and any ideas you might have about these last, especially the lighting, issues.

IMG_2626 (resized).JPGIMG_2626 (resized).JPG
#3104 1 year ago

Check this for manual and schematics: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=672

#3105 1 year ago

Embarrassed to say I have both manual and schematics original to the game. Just an em guy who can't read solid state schematics well. In an em, there would be a wiring diagram so I could trace the light circuits. And in newer solid state games there is a lamp matrix I can sort of read. Can't find a lamp matrix in the manual or schematics of Devil Riders, and otherwise can't read the circuitry well enough to know what to even test.

#3106 1 year ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Embarrassed to say I have both manual and schematics original to the game. Just an em guy who can't read solid state schematics well. In an em, there would be a wiring diagram so I could trace the light circuits. And in newer solid state games there is a lamp matrix I can sort of read. Can't find a lamp matrix in the manual or schematics of Devil Riders, and otherwise can't read the circuitry well enough to know what to even test.

I would start by checking the fuses and holders in this pic

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=672&picno=64114&zoom=1

The fuse holders can definitely go bad even if the fuses themselves are good.

#3107 1 year ago

http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/gen2/index.html
Good information on this site as well.
Schematics shouldn’t be too
difficult to follow, check the wire color scheme code to help follow the connections for the lamps etc

#3108 1 year ago

Thank you both. Checked the fuses, but not the holder. Will give that a try, and will check the links.

#3109 1 year ago

Suggestions on replacement parts for rebuilding gen 2 (time machine) flippers? I've heard some Gotlieb stuff will work, but can't seem to find what specifically.

#3110 1 year ago

Morning, checked the fuse holders, both on the power board and under the playfield. Both checked ok. Will keep looking.

#3111 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Suggestions on replacement parts for rebuilding gen 2 (time machine) flippers? I've heard some Gotlieb stuff will work, but can't seem to find what specifically.

Maybe you can use the full replacement wpc setup from pinballlife.com

-Mike

#3112 1 year ago

Go to www.zaccaria-pinball.com under misc documents , Zaccaria parts interchanges and you’ll see the recommended replacement coils for flippers

Quoted from Ollulanus:

#3113 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I have some Zaccaria coils (NOS) let me know what you are looking for and will check to see if I have them.

#3114 1 year ago

Combat BG art remake.
The art on this game was re-made translite and not a very good one either. missing ball count numbers etc.
Out with the climbing sailor and in with 2 ladies on the score reels.
First photo is one from the pinside database for comparison.
The 2nd is a photo is of the prototype and was unfinished. the ladies have been moved along a little now, so not to obscure the score reels.

Pinside_archive_1888_1557184 (resized).jpgPinside_archive_1888_1557184 (resized).jpgimage000000 (resized).jpgimage000000 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3115 1 year ago

Anyone know where I might find some Zac flippers for time machine? One of the non-finned ones cracked at the shaft joint. Zaccaria-pinball says they're out. Wouldn't mind to get non-finned replacement for the finned ones too to spice it up a bit if they're available, either

#3116 1 year ago

How many moon flights were made?

#3117 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Anyone know where I might find some Zac flippers for time machine? One of the non-finned ones cracked at the shaft joint. Zaccaria-pinball says they're out. Wouldn't mind to get non-finned replacement for the finned ones too to spice it up a bit if they're available, either

Maybe this can be of use : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4857544

#3118 1 year ago

I'd rather have molded ones if possible, but good backup plan (and lots of stuff that could be handy in that file, thanks)

#3119 1 year ago
Quoted from BRONX:

How many moon flights were made?

Less than 424 units according to the Mr. Pinball List and Price Guide.

#3120 1 year ago

Alan_L

Thank you, I was always curious to know production numbers on moon flight

#3121 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I think these are the closest I have seen for replacement flippers:

https://shop.thepinwitch.com/Flipper-Parts/Flipper-Bat-and-Shaft-Assys/Flipperbat-Transparent-red---with-Glitter-and-Jersey-Jack-Logo.html?language=en

They are from early WOZ, hence the glitter.

1 week later
#3122 1 year ago

Anyone be willing to help me out with a 1B11136 board? I'm working on one missing sounds in the 6810 section. I've got it all setup on the bench and have tested a lot, but still no dice in getting these sounds back yet. 6802, 6821, 6810, MF10, PAL are all good. ROMs are good and verified even though I don't think the 6810 uses the ROM data.

Anyway, I can follow the output of the 6810 to one side of capacitor C71, but lose it on the other side, so it is not making it to the MF10. I swapped that cap, no dice, same thing.

I think there might be a fault in the memory decoder or frequency generator portions of the circuit which I think work in tandem going into the MF10. I don't have another 1B11136 to analyze how a working circuit should react and I've probed myself to death on this.

Would anyone be willing to hook a logic probe up to their board, engage a sound from the 6810 and let me know what the state is on pins 10 and 11 of the MF10?

I would be much appreciative. Or, if anyone has a spare working 1B11136 board they'd be willing to let me use in analysis of fixing this one, I'd be happy to pay something and will do a detailed write up on this repair which, from what I can tell, is beyond any of the failure points I've found on a 1B11136 online.

#3123 1 year ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Morning, checked the fuse holders, both on the power board and under the playfield. Both checked ok. Will keep looking.

So I have checked everything I can think of re fuses / holders, etc. Checked the plugs on the board. plugs look good, all pins are there and clean. No loose wires. The one hint, if you can call it that, is the 6,000 bonus light is on constantly, while everything else is out. Any ideas what might cause just the one light to be on?

#3124 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Anyone be willing to help me out with a 1B11136 board? I'm working on one missing sounds in the 6810 section. I've got it all setup on the bench and have tested a lot, but still no dice in getting these sounds back yet. 6802, 6821, 6810, MF10, PAL are all good. ROMs are good and verified even though I don't think the 6810 uses the ROM data.
Anyway, I can follow the output of the 6810 to one side of capacitor C71, but lose it on the other side, so it is not making it to the MF10. I swapped that cap, no dice, same thing.
I think there might be a fault in the memory decoder or frequency generator portions of the circuit which I think work in tandem going into the MF10. I don't have another 1B11136 to analyze how a working circuit should react and I've probed myself to death on this.
Would anyone be willing to hook a logic probe up to their board, engage a sound from the 6810 and let me know what the state is on pins 10 and 11 of the MF10?
I would be much appreciative. Or, if anyone has a spare working 1B11136 board they'd be willing to let me use in analysis of fixing this one, I'd be happy to pay something and will do a detailed write up on this repair which, from what I can tell, is beyond any of the failure points I've found on a 1B11136 online.

I'm on the way out to the VFW show this weekend, but if that's the board time machine uses (not sure off hand), pm me late next week if you still need data and I'm happy to do so.

#3125 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I'm on the way out to the VFW show this weekend, but if that's the board time machine uses (not sure off hand), pm me late next week if you still need data and I'm happy to do so.

It is and will do - thank you!

#3126 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I'd rather have molded ones if possible, but good backup plan (and lots of stuff that could be handy in that file, thanks)

i just installed the A-3994-9 flipper bats in my Magic Castle and so far (a whole dozen plays in) they work great. from a visual standpoint they look very similar though don't have the upper cap, but only someone who knows what to look for will see the difference. the shafts are also the right length, unlike a standard/modern bat shaft which are slightly too short for the keys to grab on to well (though can be used in a pinch.)

i also have some of the repro bodies i bought from Zaccaria Pinball years ago, as well as his repro shafts. i think whatever he had the shaft material made out of is too hard as the keys can't tighten enough to keep them from slipping on the shaft. i'm going to send him an email and see if he has a solution.

they're effectively the same price from Marco or Pinball Life (whole 4 cent difference); i happened to be doing a Marco order anyway so that's where i got mine from. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-3994-9

first pic is the repros which i pulled due to constant slipping, the second are the Bally-style bats from Marco.

PXL_20230505_231547019 (resized).jpgPXL_20230505_231547019 (resized).jpgPXL_20230506_030352931 (resized).jpgPXL_20230506_030352931 (resized).jpg
#3127 1 year ago
Quoted from mc300baud:

i just installed the A-3994-9 flipper bats in my Magic Castle and so far (a whole dozen plays in) they work great. from a visual standpoint they look very similar though don't have the upper cap, but only someone who knows what to look for will see the difference. the shafts are also the right length, unlike a standard/modern bat shaft which are slightly too short for the keys to grab on to well (though can be used in a pinch.)
i also have some of the repro bodies i bought from Zaccaria Pinball years ago, as well as his repro shafts. i think whatever he had the shaft material made out of is too hard as the keys can't tighten enough to keep them from slipping on the shaft. i'm going to send him an email and see if he has a solution.
they're effectively the same price from Marco or Pinball Life (whole 4 cent difference); i happened to be doing a Marco order anyway so that's where i got mine from. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-3994-9
first pic is the repros which i pulled due to constant slipping, the second are the Bally-style bats from Marco.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice find!

Those will work!

Now to find some "winged" bats.

#3128 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Now to find some "winged" bats.

those i've yet to see an available repro for.

#3129 1 year ago

I have one set of blue winged bats available. Molding was not the best, but still better than nothing.

IMG_0690 (resized).JPGIMG_0690 (resized).JPGIMG_0693 (resized).JPGIMG_0693 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#3130 1 year ago
Quoted from blue95:

A guy in Australia was getting a lot of these in his containers, he even ended up importing a whole container of them. Homepin makes new boards for the SS ones to keep them going. http://www.homepin.com/zacmpu.html

Gday champ...Ya still into Zacs?..Mate I'm in Wollongong and lookin for a red shooter rod..

#3131 1 year ago

How do you folks align your flippers? It's something I'm very particular about.

On my locomotion I have them so it's a straight line from ball guide along the flipper rubber but I wonder if they're supposed to be lower and aligned like classic Ballys where there's a straight line through the ball guide down the middle of the flipper.

I noticed the left ramp on my loco is so hard to hit and I figure the flippers being lower would rectify this .

#3132 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

How do you folks align your flippers? It's something I'm very particular about.
On my locomotion I have them so it's a straight line from ball guide along the flipper rubber but I wonder if they're supposed to be lower and aligned like classic Ballys where there's a straight line through the ball guide down the middle of the flipper.
I noticed the left ramp on my loco is so hard to hit and I figure the flippers being lower would rectify this .

I recently dropped the center flippers on my Time machine bally style for just the reason you note - was damn near impossible to hit the time bridge ramp from the left. Much better now, though there's significant ball hop off the outer flipper. Still liking how it play better though.

#3133 12 months ago

Finally getting to the Time Machine I picked up a couple months ago, would be interested in cosmetic opinions on cleaning it up...Cab is actually in really good shape after I cleaned off all the goo and nicotine, other than the backbox front trim, which is of course the only part you see in a lineup anyway:

PXL_20230527_124146053 (resized).jpgPXL_20230527_124146053 (resized).jpg

So, I'm thinking it'll be very easy to touch up the rest of the cab, but that trim is gonna need bondo and maybe some epoxy/acrylic and a full repaint. Can't really do the full head with the SS art, but should be easy enough to mask that trim and paint since it's got that ridge standoff design anyway. Question is, how do I paint it? I could probably get close to the original paint, but I'm betting it still stands out as dif if you look close, and replicating the splatter will probably not be perfect either and make it worse. So, I'm thinking lean in and do that trim in an entirely different color?

Dumb idea? If you went that way, color opinions? I'm thinking either a dark purple (maybe metallic), orange (powder coating the metal orange metallic), or a blue of some sort.

1 week later
#3134 11 months ago

Finally got to spend a little QT with the Time Machine last night. Replaced a couple transistors that had failed and were locking on lamps, found the probs with a couple dead lamps. Adjusted all the switches to get those targets in the back more responsive. Guy I bought it from went crazy with the LEDs, most of the white inserts are colored lights - didn't realize they weren't supposed to be colored until I started digging around, lol. Some of it I kinda like - progressive shades of blue in the multipliers is kinda cool - but will probably take most of it back to "stock." Low on bayonet style whites at the moment though.

Gets a pretty good speaker hum going, hadn't really noticed in the game room with everything else going. Would assume it's the ground...I see there's no metal ring around the screw holes like on the other boards, looks like star washers to cut in. Can see the indentations where the washers were, but they're missing and I don't have any handy. Tried scraping off some coating on one of them to the bare metal to make contact with the screw to ground, no dice, flowed a little solder, no dice (I'd assume this would work the same, but then I have no idea why they'd ground with star washers instead of a grounding ring at the screw anyway). Electrolytic caps all test fine with the ESR and look to have been replaced at some point, so I don't think that's it...tons of film ones but my understanding is they don't fail mutch anyway and they won't test in circuit well with my esr.

Anyone have thoughts on the hum? Was looking at the schematics for a ground test point on the soundboard I could try grounding directly as a test to eliminate the hum and at least verify that's the issue, but I don't see one.

#3135 11 months ago

Can someone explain to me how to put my devil riders on 3 ball. I appreciate it thank you

#3136 11 months ago

Would anyone like to trade something in their collection for a pristine Locomotion? Looking for System 11 & WPC.

#3137 11 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Would anyone like to trade something in their collection for a pristine Locomotion? Looking for System 11 & WPC.

Sys11? I have a beat up F-14 you don't want that I'd gladly trade for a locomotion :p

Seriously though, I played that a bit at the VFW show this year. Not the most interesting theme, but really fun layout. One of the better playing zacs imo

#3138 11 months ago

I'm in need of a 2G/PAL chip for Magic Castle. Would someone be able to help me out with one?

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 8.07.17 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-06-15 at 8.07.17 PM (resized).png
#3139 11 months ago
Quoted from Future_Primitive:

I'm in need of a 2G/PAL chip for Magic Castle. Would someone be able to help me out with one?
[quoted image]

The files seem to be available here if that helps : http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/gen2/devilriders/roms.html

#3140 11 months ago

Thanks for the tip Zig! Davids website invaluable time and time again!

1 month later
#3141 10 months ago

Several things:

1. Anyone have a spare coin door (or even just the plastic coin slot trim) they'd be interested in selling?

2. Anyone tried upgrading the speakers, or doing anything else audio wise with a gen 2? If so, what did you use and what did you think? Sound is rather clear my mind and thought I might at least see what a better speaker would do for my TM.

3. Just discovered those flipper rubbers are thinner
...I don't suppose anyone is making silicone or poly in that style? Just being picky, but I hate how rubber sheds and gets discolored, plus color options are nice

4. Here's how that TM trim came out. I bondo and sanded up all the damage, masked it off..tried a couple different paint options but ultimately couldn't get a match that didn't stand out. So, went with a blue metallic rattlecan I had on hand that happened to be pretty spot for the shade of blue on the cab. Not original, but nice little pop in my opinion and way better than the trashed rim.

PXL_20230719_225901090 (resized).jpgPXL_20230719_225901090 (resized).jpg
#3142 10 months ago

New Zaccaria owner, just picked up a Farfalla in decent condition. I wouldn't mind getting a "cheerleader" version of the backbox insert if anyone has one that want to part with. Enjoying the game so far!

#3143 10 months ago
Quoted from FarAway:

New Zaccaria owner, just picked up a Farfalla in decent condition. I wouldn't mind getting a "cheerleader" version of the backbox insert if anyone has one that want to part with. Enjoying the game so far!

If you do get the cheerleader insert, I need a "better than mine" Euro version of the green lady.

Sell it to me if its in good condition?

#3144 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

If you do get the cheerleader insert, I need a "better than mine" Euro version of the green lady.
Sell it to me if its in good condition?

Will do, but I got to find one first. I got to think these things are rarer than hens teeth!

#3145 10 months ago

Anyone in this group interested in a Magic Castle for 1900.00. I'll donate if it sell thru pinside.
Nice playfield, all displays work fully and are bright, neon is a bit dim at first but gets bright after it's on for a few minutes, nice glass and cab, leds in inserts, plays good except drop targets don't reset during gameplay but do reset after ball drain not sure why , I haven't looked into it, the boards are clean,no alkaline damage.
Prefer cash on pick up. I'm in St louis, mo

20230606_204420 (resized).jpg20230606_204420 (resized).jpg20230606_204424 (resized).jpg20230606_204424 (resized).jpg20230606_204439 (resized).jpg20230606_204439 (resized).jpg20230606_204446 (resized).jpg20230606_204446 (resized).jpg20230606_204450 (resized).jpg20230606_204450 (resized).jpg
#3146 10 months ago

Few more pics

20230606_204521 (resized).jpg20230606_204521 (resized).jpg20230606_204558 (resized).jpg20230606_204558 (resized).jpg20230606_204621 (resized).jpg20230606_204621 (resized).jpg20230702_110318 (resized).jpg20230702_110318 (resized).jpg
#3147 10 months ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Anyone in this group interested in a Magic Castle for 1900.00. I'll donate if it sell thru pinside.
Nice playfield, all displays work fully and are bright, neon is a bit dim at first but gets bright after it's on for a few minutes, nice glass and cab, leds in inserts, plays good except drop targets don't reset during gameplay but do reset after ball drain not sure why , I haven't looked into it, the boards are clean,no alkaline damage.
Prefer cash on pick up. I'm in St louis, mo
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'll take it pm sent

#3148 10 months ago

Just saw this listed on fleabay... Original Farfalla backbox with glass and insert (Euro Version). No boards. Someone buy it and sell me your "cheerleader."

ebay.com link: itm

#3149 10 months ago

Back up and running. Powder might not be to everyone's taste, but I like it a lot (and a big improvement over the beat up metal). Went with illusion orange cherry; if I had another run at it I'd have went with the orange sherbet transparent I considered. This is a great match for the orange-red paint in the right light, but the illusion colors darken a lot in different light. Very nice though.

Cleaned and touched up the cab with some spot repairs, repaired and repainted the backbox trim. Fixed all the little problems, pretty darn happy with it.

PXL_20230723_193101660 (resized).jpgPXL_20230723_193101660 (resized).jpgPXL_20230723_193105331 (resized).jpgPXL_20230723_193105331 (resized).jpgPXL_20230723_193109339 (resized).jpgPXL_20230723_193109339 (resized).jpgPXL_20230723_193123819 (resized).jpgPXL_20230723_193123819 (resized).jpgPXL_20230723_193133353 (resized).jpgPXL_20230723_193133353 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3150 9 months ago

Conveniently posting right below Ollulanus and his restored Time Machine...

I have a question about a Time Machine!
During my search to find a donor cabinet for my Thunder Man I may have come across an opportunity to buy a Zaccaria Time Machine, I've been told its complete but rough. Depending on its condition it may still be a candidate for a restore rather than stripping it for my Thunder Man. I'd hate to ruin a good machine that can be brought back to life. I'm still waiting on some photos, and I'll probably look it over in person as well, but I wanted to ask what are some of the common issues to look out for on a Zaccaria Time Machine? An what would one expect to pay for one that currently is not running?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Girard, PA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arvada, CO
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhorn, WI
Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

There are 3,535 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.