player 2 (resized).jpg
player 1 (resized).jpg
high score (resized).jpg
MPU & driver boards (resized).jpg
credit ball-in-play (resized).jpg
Farfalla2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5399 (resized).jpg
IMG_5400 (resized).jpg
There are 3,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 70.
#2401 2 years ago

I've just noticed that unlike seemingly every other pin I have, my Zacc Space Mission does not have a symmetric playfield support (i.e., when the bottom side of the playfield needs to be accessed). On my 70s Bally SSs, there is a nice little groove that the playfield can rest on where it leans at a low angle on the backbox. Now granted, there is a long set of 3 x 2 studs (I am presuming they are the size in metric) supports on the Space Mission upon which to support, but no groove - and it is not an easy glide to get it to those 3 x 2 studs as one side has a notch to go on top of, and the other side has a gap to over. I've had to lift it up with a single arm, and even though I am old weight lifter, it's still tough!

I have a hard time believing this is stock. It's like the configuration on either side would work (almost) if the other side were symmetric.

LEFT (resized).jpgLEFT (resized).jpgRIGHT (resized).jpgRIGHT (resized).jpg

#2402 2 years ago

Now for the reason that preceded the post about the playfield supports.

I posted it at Tech - Early SS:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trying-to-diagnose-bad-playfield-hole-kicker-zaccaria-space-mission#post-6368491

1 month later
#2403 2 years ago

Is there a setting for HSTD memory? My Magic Castle, which has its battery replaced with a capacitor, can remember how many credits are on it but resets the HSTD to default anytime you turn the game off.

#2404 2 years ago

Need some help here Zaccaria owners. I have a Farfalla that I am continuing having issues with the sound board. Have been in contact with David Gersic (he was the only person that it seems that did board repairs). He recommend replacement of all the caps which I did, but still continue to have sound issues. Sent the board to him for repair, but he is having some personal family issues and has since sent the sound board back to me un-repaired. It appears he will no longer be doing board repairs, so here is my question.

Is there anyone here is the US that will take on any Zaccaria board repairs (sound, driver, CPU, etc.)? David did recommend contacting John's Jukes in British Columbia, but would rather deal with a reliable source here in the states.
Let me know......Mike

#2405 2 years ago

Okay guys, I am asking again is there a reliable repair source for Zaccaria pinball board(s) repairs here in the US? I can't believe there's not one due to the many machines collector's own. Your replys would be appreciated.

#2406 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Okay guys, I am asking again is there a reliable repair source for Zaccaria pinball board(s) repairs here in the US? I can't believe there's not one due to the many machines collector's own. Your replys would be appreciated.

Johns Jukes is a legitimate repair place.

I would definitely contact them.

#2407 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Johns Jukes is a legitimate repair place.
I would definitely contact them.

Okay, just thought if there were anyone else in the US. Will give them a call.......Thanks
Mike

#2408 2 years ago

Making another shot here, anybody have a busted winged flipper I can have? Would like to measure one up to offer as 3D printed. Would highly prefer to base it on an original instead of one of the thingiverse files out there.

1 month later
#2409 2 years ago

Hey all going to go pick up a Pinball Champ today. Only issue is that I have to remove the head to fit into my car. Can anyone tell me what I'll need for that? I've read about the folding mechanism with the knob on the side. Is the head attached with typical 9/16s long bolts?

#2410 2 years ago

There are 4 3/8” bolts inside the head.
You then pull the unlock knob (if it’s still there) below the head, on the side.
There are Phillips screws holding the hinges of the folding mechanism to the head. You can just unscrew those and the head will be loose.

#2411 2 years ago

The music on my Spooky went out completely. A couple weeks ago it was acting very strange and not playing correctly. Sound effects are still doing their thing.

Anyone have tips on what to check? Possible sound rom corrupted or chip rot?

#2412 2 years ago

If I recall Spooky had 2 sound boards - the main board and an add-on daughter board. Maybe check the connection/ribbon cable from main sound board to daughter sound board. Isn't there a button you can press on sound card to hear a test sample? good luck!

Quoted from play_pinball:

The music on my Spooky went out completely. A couple weeks ago it was acting very strange and not playing correctly. Sound effects are still doing their thing.
Anyone have tips on what to check? Possible sound rom corrupted or chip rot?

#2413 2 years ago

Comparing my Magic Castle and Spooky sound boards, it looks like since they have the daughter board on Spooky, they didn’t popular the red test button.

Also interesting that there’s speech/sounds in Magic Castle’s test that I have never heard in play. And some that’s in play but not test.

2BA492F7-089D-42FE-9B06-8EC730A2A38F (resized).jpeg2BA492F7-089D-42FE-9B06-8EC730A2A38F (resized).jpeg283D0977-D5AB-4070-8DCF-0EEB879B86ED (resized).jpeg283D0977-D5AB-4070-8DCF-0EEB879B86ED (resized).jpegF8E7E8C3-0F9B-4527-B4AC-CC06B440B3E7 (resized).jpegF8E7E8C3-0F9B-4527-B4AC-CC06B440B3E7 (resized).jpeg
#2414 2 years ago

Maybe I’m overthinking this and I just need to re-cap it?

#2415 2 years ago

I really don't think it has anything to do with your sound roms. T

Maybe try adjusting the 3 potentiometers for sound on the spooky sound board? There are 3 I see that handle different parts of the sound (probably pitch, effects, voice). They look like 3 wheels with a dial in the middle (slotted screwdriver if I recall can turn the dial). Just wiggle left and right and see if the sound changes, but revert the dial back to its initial position.

And with the game OFF, try to reseat the ribbon cables from 1B11181/1 (top board) to bottom sound board. then turn it on and see if that helps.

Maybe I’m overthinking this and I just need to re-cap it?

#2416 2 years ago

Definitely already tried reseating the cables and pushed on the chips to see if there was any connection issue. I was thinking that one or more of the axial capacitors have lived its life out. For the pots, is it these guys here?

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 4.37.40 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-09-23 at 4.37.40 PM (resized).png

#2417 2 years ago

Definitely already tried reseating the cables and pushed on the chips to see if there was any connection issue. I was thinking that one or more of the axial capacitors have lived its life out. For the pots, is it these guys here?
[quoted image]

David has pit up great info on sound cards on his site:

http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/

#2418 2 years ago

Hello,

I'm hoping you can all help me with a few oddities I have found on a Zaccaria Pinball Champ Restoration i am doing.
The machine came to me in an un-working/wrecked state.

My Machine has a Farfella Paint design in pinball champ colours on the coin door area of the cabinet, where as other images I have found show it should have the normal stars pattern. the machine is a 7 digit display version with the serial number F/ 127.226
I am assuming that it might be an early model (hence the seven digit VFDs) and the paint job was revised in the later models?
Any info would be appreciated.

Normal Design
IMG_0784 (resized).JPGIMG_0784 (resized).JPG

My Cabinet
IMG_0790 (resized).jpgIMG_0790 (resized).jpg

Ill post another post with the as found and current state, i even rewound new coils to match the Zacc specs and sizes.

#2419 2 years ago

Can anyone with a Pinball Champ (not '82) backglass in good shape take some high res pictures and send them to me? I shattered the backglass on mine and BGResto only has the '82 version easily available. Here's what he says he needs:

"If you can find another owner and have them take a series of close up pics of the title and the girl to the right of the title, that will give me the sample colors and the detail I need to make a restoration for you…"

I would be super grateful for any assistance!

#2420 2 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Can anyone with a Pinball Champ (not '82) backglass in good shape take some high res pictures and send them to me? I shattered the backglass on mine and BGResto only has the '82 version easily available. Here's what he says he needs:
"If you can find another owner and have them take a series of close up pics of the title and the girl to the right of the title, that will give me the sample colors and the detail I need to make a restoration for you…"
I would be super grateful for any assistance!

Try this

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rcs27dtc2coj0mz/AAC9vgP3oXhkjSlsHCIkAs8xa?dl=0

Let me know if you need any more, I would also be interested in a backglass, i contacted BGresto a while ago but didnt get any response, i suspect its because i need shipping to australia.

Cheers

#2421 2 years ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

Try this
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rcs27dtc2coj0mz/AAC9vgP3oXhkjSlsHCIkAs8xa?dl=0
Let me know if you need any more, I would also be interested in a backglass, i contacted BGresto a while ago but didnt get any response, i suspect its because i need shipping to australia.
Cheers

You are a champ! Thank you.

#2422 2 years ago

Meldenhut I sent Steve your pictures. I'll let you know what he says. Happy to coordinate shipping a glass to you if it works out!

#2423 2 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Meldenhut I sent Steve your pictures. I'll let you know what he says. Happy to coordinate shipping a glass to you if it works out!

Thanks
I’m definitely very interested in getting a back glass

1 week later
#2424 2 years ago

Hi Guys,

Zacc questions:

Shooting the Rapids: If I needed a cabinet for this game where might I find one and what might it cost?
Also would it be possible to get a repro backglass for "rapids" and what kind of cost?

I have a complete game to restore, some spare boards and also a more or less complete playfield. So, wondering about the possibility of making two games!
Such a lovely game it would be nice to propagate it!

Thanks!

#2425 2 years ago
Quoted from AlanPinballMan:

Hi Guys,
Zacc questions:
Shooting the Rapids: If I needed a cabinet for this game where might I find one and what might it cost?
Also would it be possible to get a repro backglass for "rapids" and what kind of cost?
I have a complete game to restore, some spare boards and also a more or less complete playfield. So, wondering about the possibility of making two games!
Such a lovely game it would be nice to propagate it!
Thanks!

I've always loved that idea Alan. Taking some spare parts and building reproduction cabinets and bringing games back from beyond the grave. I recently ordered a new backglass for my Soccer Kings from BGResto. It's $295 for a brand new glass + different amounts for shipping depending where you live. It was $55 for in the midwest. Prices will vary depending on if you want your original glass restored to maintain mirroring and whether Stephen has a scan of the desired glass already.

#2426 2 years ago

I wanted to post about how nice the display kit is that I got from Gianfri at Pinball Solutions. The kits are absolutely great! Easy to put together if you have some patience and the displays look fantastic when done! Gianfri ships parts VERY quickly! It was only 7 days from the time I ordered to the finished result. Thank you so much!!!

245525218_366675928574454_6141771762566172767_n (resized).jpg245525218_366675928574454_6141771762566172767_n (resized).jpg245913889_918581865414739_5852051395825042657_n (resized).jpg245913889_918581865414739_5852051395825042657_n (resized).jpg245972030_899443294329329_6460410288633316623_n (resized).jpg245972030_899443294329329_6460410288633316623_n (resized).jpg
#2427 2 years ago

Finally getting my Zaccaria collection in shape! Locomotion, Farfalla, Soccer Kings, and Robot all ready now. Time Machine is next on the list, and I'm looking for one of the red drop targets. Someone replaced the broken one with a white Bally target. It looks weird and doesn't work correctly. Can anyone here help a fellow Zac collector out by selling me a spare red drop target?

#2428 2 years ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

Hello,
I'm hoping you can all help me with a few oddities I have found on a Zaccaria Pinball Champ Restoration i am doing.
The machine came to me in an un-working/wrecked state.
My Machine has a Farfella Paint design in pinball champ colours on the coin door area of the cabinet, where as other images I have found show it should have the normal stars pattern. the machine is a 7 digit display version with the serial number F/ 127.226
I am assuming that it might be an early model (hence the seven digit VFDs) and the paint job was revised in the later models?
Any info would be appreciated.

Ill post another post with the as found and current state, i even rewound new coils to match the Zacc specs and sizes.

Hello,
The Pinball champ has been produced in a late second edition with 7 digits displays just before the Devil Riders, the Time Machine and the Farfalla.
The difference with the first, more common, version is the target scores which have been modified to have one ZERO less, target originally of 30.000 points became 3.000 points.
If your playfield has targets of 4 digits instead of 5 digits then you have this second version, also called Champ 83, which corresponds to the 7 digits displays.

Colors are also different on the two versions, here you have a nice picture, look at the backglass which doesn't have the 82:
https://www.zaccaria-pinball.hu/images/gep/27_00003.jpg

There are other small differences which I don't even remember.

I confirm that the cabinet drawing doesn't correspond and the coin door is not original either.

I hope this helps.

#2429 2 years ago
Quoted from INSATANSSEAT:

I wanted to post about how nice the display kit is that I got from Gianfri at Pinball Solutions. The kits are absolutely great! Easy to put together if you have some patience and the displays look fantastic when done! Gianfri ships parts VERY quickly! It was only 7 days from the time I ordered to the finished result. Thank you so much!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

thanks!

very kind of you, always appreciated

#2430 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those diaplays saved my a@@ ! on my Farfalla, plus the driver and free play CPU board!

Pinballsolutions.com and gianfri is AMAZING!

#2431 2 years ago

Has anyone seen or have a Farfalla green lady insert panel? I really need one.

I really want to replace mine if there is a nice one out there.

#2432 2 years ago

I would love a time machine! Or Robots!

#2433 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Has anyone seen or have a Farfalla green lady insert panel? I really need one.
I really want to replace mine if there is a nice one out there.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you have a link to what this is?

#2435 2 years ago

I've always loved that idea Alan. Taking some spare parts and building reproduction cabinets and bringing games back from beyond the grave. I recently ordered a new backglass for my Soccer Kings from BGResto. It's $295 for a brand new glass + different amounts for shipping depending where you live. It was $55 for in the midwest. Prices will vary depending on if you want your original glass restored to maintain mirroring and whether Stephen has a scan of the desired glass already.

Yes, it's a very appealing thought and STR is a very appealing game.

I have a very high res scan (about 300MB from memory) of the backglass artwork from wayback so perhaps I will contact Stephen and pop the question!
Does anyone know of anywhere that Zacc cabinets might come up for sale sometimes?

#2436 2 years ago

I have joined the Zaccaria owners club with the purchase of a Locomotion! That’s the good news. The bad news is that it’s an absolute mess.

It will sometimes start a game and most of the time, not. The switch matrix is all messed up. I have some switches not registering at all while other register three or four switches. I’ve been trying to figure out what it up with the switch matrix but it’s giving me fits. I’ve inspected all the switches and made adjustments as needed. All of the solenoids work in test mode but the don’t activate by the switches. Every once in awhile a pop bumper will fire correctly but generally not.

Sometimes the start button will advance the numbers in the programming mode and sometimes not. All the fuses all good. Looking for help and advice!

#2437 2 years ago
Quoted from Trainman15148:

I have joined the Zaccaria owners club with the purchase of a Locomotion! That’s the good news. The bad news is that it’s an absolute mess.
It will sometimes start a game and most of the time, not. The switch matrix is all messed up. I have some switches not registering at all while other register three or four switches. I’ve been trying to figure out what it up with the switch matrix but it’s giving me fits. I’ve inspected all the switches and made adjustments as needed. All of the solenoids work in test mode but the don’t activate by the switches. Every once in awhile a pop bumper will fire correctly but generally not.
Sometimes the start button will advance the numbers in the programming mode and sometimes not. All the fuses all good. Looking for help and advice!

Sounds like a blown 3081 on the MPU. It's IC 41 on 1st gen Zaccarias.

#2438 2 years ago

Oof! Alright, I’ve ordered a replacement. Anyone have any good ways to clean contacts? The solder joints seem to be okay. As I said, the slims don’t register or work during a game but they will fire during test mode and I get multiple readings for various switches - for example pop bumper 38 generally reads as 46 and pop bumper 31 shows up as 47. Pop bumper 30 doesn’t read at all. Switch 40 will show up as 00, 08, 16, 24 and 32. A lot of switches seem to register as 40. This is beyond goofy and I truly appreciate all the help!

#2439 2 years ago

Oof! Alright, I’ve ordered a replacement. Anyone have any good ways to clean contacts? The solder joints seem to be okay. As I said, the slims don’t register or work during a game but they will fire during test mode and I get multiple readings for various switches - for example pop bumper 38 generally reads as 46 and pop bumper 31 shows up as 47. Pop bumper 30 doesn’t read at all. Switch 40 will show up as 00, 08, 16, 24 and 32. A lot of switches seem to register as 40. This is beyond goofy and I truly appreciate all the help!

If the 3081 is bad that is the kind of behavior you'll see. I would wait until you get the IC replaced before messing with any of the contacts.

#2440 2 years ago

Thanks again for the advice! I have experience on Williams WPCs, Gottlieb System 1 and some EMs. This is my first and only Zaccaria. I’ve ordered the part and will provide an update when it comes in!

#2441 2 years ago

Oh, it's just the regular back insert, with the full dress design. I have the one with the gal wearing shorts; I actually prefer it. I've seen the one you're talking about at eBay for like $500.

#2442 2 years ago

Congrats!!! I'd like to have one some day, myself. I think I'm in the market for a Devil Riders before anything else, though. Two of them recently sold from the museum auction. I bet none will pop up for years now.

#2443 2 years ago

My Time Machine power board has some issues. It doesn't seem that there are any helpful trouble shooting charts for power board issues on any of the Zacc repair sites. Just general overviews. I'm not super electronics savvy, so I can't just know from the weird voltages and looking at the schematic what components to replace......yet.

Pins 11 and 12 on CN5 give low voltage. pin 11=.07v pin 12=.37v

Pins 4 and 5 have odd ground continuity, but the other gen 2 power board(from SK) I have has zero ground continuity there and runs both machines just fine.

I would really appreciate a bit of guidance from you guys.

#2444 2 years ago

My Time Machine power board has some issues. It doesn't seem that there are any helpful trouble shooting charts for power board issues on any of the Zacc repair sites. Just general overviews. I'm not super electronics savvy, so I can't just know from the weird voltages and looking at the schematic what components to replace......yet.
Pins 11 and 12 on CN5 give low voltage. pin 11=.07v pin 12=.37v
Pins 4 and 5 have odd ground continuity, but the other gen 2 power board(from SK) I have has zero ground continuity there and runs both machines just fine.
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance from you guys.

If CN5 Pin 11 and 12 have low voltage relative to ground, it means either you have a corroded fuse holder for F2, F2 is blown or diode bridge P2 is bad.
A problem with the F2 holder is what is happening most of the time.

#2445 2 years ago
Quoted from albianto:

If CN5 Pin 11 and 12 have low voltage relative to ground, it means either you have a corroded fuse holder for F2, F2 is blown or diode bridge P2 is bad.

Thank you for the response!! I'll check into this. I think this was the power board with the new fuse clips installed. May be time for a new bridge.

#2446 2 years ago

Expanding my Zaccaria pinball collection this weekend (now have 3 Zaccaria machines) and purchased a Magic Castle from Pinsider stumptown in Portland Oregon. Excited to add this unique machine to my collection. Machine is in overall good condition and just needs a good cleaning/shop job.

20211024_070944 (resized).jpg20211024_070944 (resized).jpg
#2447 2 years ago

Thank you Albianto! I got the Time Machine running on it's original power supply last night. It was in fact just corrosion on the bottom fuse clip for F2. This is the board with the old clips.

New PS CPU working fantastic of course! Thank you Gianfri!

Quoted from albianto:

#2448 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Expanding my Zaccaria pinball collection this weekend (now have 3 Zaccaria machines) and purchased a Magic Castle from Pinsider stumptown in Portland Oregon. Excited to add this unique machine to my collection. Machine is in overall good condition and just needs a good cleaning/shop job.
[quoted image]

They must call you Lucky Mike!

#2449 2 years ago

They must call you Lucky Mike!

Possibly so.
When I want a pitickler title in the past I would post a want ad on Craigslist, Facebook and/or here on Pinside. This does work sometimes.
I find now that most titles you want are owned by collectors, so I use the Pinside map and search for the title in question in my area. I would rather drive and pick up a machine then have it shipped if possible. I then PM Pinsider's that have the title I am looking for and ask if they would be interested in selling. Some don't, some don't answer at all, some say maybe and/or I'll get back to you, but I have been lucky with this process and have purchased many machines I own this way.
Lucky, but really creative buying.

#2450 2 years ago

Does anyone else get chills down their spine when they look at a Spooky? It looks like a Fulci film made into a pinball. I'm a lifetime Lucio Fulci fan. That pinball almost needs to get a soundtrack mod with a board that plays an all new Fabio Frizzi soundtrack. He was born in Bologna.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhorn, WI
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 70.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome/page/49?hl=zigzagzag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.