player 2 (resized).jpg
player 1 (resized).jpg
high score (resized).jpg
MPU & driver boards (resized).jpg
credit ball-in-play (resized).jpg
Farfalla2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5399 (resized).jpg
IMG_5400 (resized).jpg
There are 3,465 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 70.
#2151 3 years ago

Did you clean all of the associated contacts? When I picked up Devil Riders, the lower left primary flipper worked, but not the upper playfield one. After cleaning the contacts on the flipper button itself, and the EOS switch on the lower and upper flipper, it worked fine. If it's working sometimes, that's intermittent enough to be a dirty contact (or loose wire, etc).

#2152 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

hi guys,
My Farfalla has started to show a weird issue recently.
It's located on the right mini-flipper that activates when it's lit and when drain on the right and hit the flipper button => it's most of the time not working or after the 5/6th try (and thus way too late to save the ball)
Same coil is reacting instantly and perfectly when in test mode
Yes I relit the save flipper by having a DT bank down between each try
The right drain roll over is working fine as well when testing.
Any idea? Looks like a delay due to a cold solder or dying component somewhere...

i've encountered a Farfalla with an issue like this before. Found out, the wrong diode was on the coil. you cannot use 1N4004's on these. They use a 1N4148. If you use a 1N4004, the coil will be randomly delayed, sometimes will work on time, sometimes several seconds after, sometimes before you even hit the button.

#2153 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've encountered a Farfalla with an issue like this before. Found out, the wrong diode was on the coil. you cannot use 1N4004's on these. They use a 1N4148. If you use a 1N4004, the coil will be randomly delayed, sometimes will work on time, sometimes several seconds after, sometimes before you even hit the button.

Ok will check but it worked fine for months.
Did not change the coil since.

Flipper contact would also be an option, will also check

Thanks both

#2154 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have similar issue.

Sometimes the react flipper fires before you can hit the button.

Or as soon as the lane switch is hit.

But its inconsistent. Might go days before it happens again.

I thought it might be the relay arcing.

Ill take a look at the diodes.

#2155 3 years ago

diode was the problem when this happened. React flippers do not like 1N4004's

#2156 3 years ago

Is the diode a problem on regular flippers? It doesn't seem to be for my Space Shuttle.

#2157 3 years ago

Don't know, all I know is that is causes the pulse signal to move around on react flippers. Sometimes its' delayed. sometimes its spot on, sometimes it fires for you.

#2158 3 years ago

1N4148 I think are much faster.

Btw we didn't hear anything back from Nihonmasa

#2159 3 years ago

Anybody have a source on Devil Riders drop targets? The guy who bought mine broke a couple.

-Hans

#2161 3 years ago

Sweet, I'll send him your way.

#2162 3 years ago

Hi All,

I'm new to the Zaccaria club, having purchased a couple of machines requiring work (Locomotion and Space Shuttle).

I'm currently looking at the Locomotion, slowly working through the issues. I have a question with regards the scoring. Every time I hit the flipper buttons (left or right), the score increases by 500 points. Is this normal? Seems like it shouldn't be.

Thanks!
Wayne.

#2163 3 years ago
Quoted from waynej4:

Hi All,
I'm new to the Zaccaria club, having purchased a couple of machines requiring work (Locomotion and Space Shuttle).
I'm currently looking at the Locomotion, slowly working through the issues. I have a question with regards the scoring. Every time I hit the flipper buttons (left or right), the score increases by 500 points. Is this normal? Seems like it shouldn't be.
Thanks!
Wayne.

Hello, start cleaning all the playgirls contacts, you may have one or more which close the contact with vibrations and then score points.
You need to adjust them with the correct distance.

#2164 3 years ago
Quoted from waynej4:

Hi All,
Thanks!
Wayne.

one of your button switches is gapped to close and triggering points on vibration. Check those 2 button rollovers at the top .

#2165 3 years ago

Thank you for the quick replies. I'll check the contacts across the board. At least I know now that it is not normal behaviour!

#2166 3 years ago

Hi,

Another question: One of the EOS Flipper switches is broken on my Locomotion. Is there a recommended/suitable replacement part? I can't find one specifically for a Zaccaria, but parts for other machines do look similar, e.g :

https://pinparts.co.uk/products/180-5018-early-data-east-eos-switch-subs-for-wms-10a-8

Would something like this work?

Thanks,
Wayne.

#2167 3 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

1N4148 I think are much faster.
Btw we didn't hear anything back from nihonmasa

hey Gianfri

Did not have time to test. I did not pu a 1n4004 on it, it is still the stock 1n4148.

I was actually also starting to think it could be the switch diod, cause the coil works just perfectly in test mode, but ingame it fails miserably. So I am thinking the issue is not with the coil but with the switch in the outlane

I just got some 4148, so I'll be back in a few days (machine is in my club, not at home) to let you know if this solves the issue!

#2168 3 years ago
Quoted from waynej4:

Hi,
Another question: One of the EOS Flipper switches is broken on my Locomotion. Is there a recommended/suitable replacement part? I can't find one specifically for a Zaccaria, but parts for other machines do look similar, e.g :
https://pinparts.co.uk/products/180-5018-early-data-east-eos-switch-subs-for-wms-10a-8
Would something like this work?
Thanks,
Wayne.

yes it will. just make sure to wire it identically as the one you have right now. take pictures before removing it.

#2169 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

hey Gianfri
Did not have time to test. I did not pu a 1n4004 on it, it is still the stock 1n4148.
I was actually also starting to think it could be the switch diod, cause the coil works just perfectly in test mode, but ingame it fails miserably. So I am thinking the issue is not with the coil but with the switch in the outlane
I just got some 4148, so I'll be back in a few days (machine is in my club, not at home) to let you know if this solves the issue!

Issue solved, culprit was indeed the Diod, but not in the outlane, the EOS one

#2170 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Issue solved, culprit was indeed the Diod, but not in the outlane, the EOS one

On the coil?
Just today I checked mine and I have 1N4004 on the coils.

#2171 3 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

On the coil?
Just today I checked mine and I have 1N4004 on the coils.

Nope, on the EOS switch
My coils also have 1n4004.

#2172 3 years ago

So what are people using for keying connectors on the power supply if they have to rebuild a connector? I don't think they make the long key pins that zaccaria used on the ends. My current idea is to have 2 empty pins on each side of the connector and put keypins in them. Not sure what else I could do.

#2173 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

So what are people using for keying connectors on the power supply if they have to rebuild a connector? I don't think they make the long key pins that zaccaria used on the ends. My current idea is to have 2 empty pins on each side of the connector and put keypins in them. Not sure what else I could do.

I think that would work well enough.

#2174 3 years ago

they make double sided keys for connectors. If I run out, I used to just glue a toothpick in the extra spot on the connector.

#2175 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they make double sided keys for connectors. If I run out, I used to just glue a toothpick in the extra spot on the connector.

Got a link to them or know the proper name? I can't find them on mouser or digikey

#2176 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

Got a link to them or know the proper name? I can't find them on mouser or digikey

Molex makes a double sided key called a "polarizing peg with boss"

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/538-15-04-0220

Ignore the reference picture on Mouser and the datasheet, you need to download the 3D drawing to see the actual thing:
It may or may not fit the housing you're using depending on brand/housing hole size.

Key_polarizing_with_boss.pngKey_polarizing_with_boss.png
#2177 3 years ago

Thank you. I tried looking for that but there was no mention of boss. Both the datasheet and preview had the wrong picture too

#2178 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

Both the datasheet and preview had the wrong picture too

Picture of the real thing:

IMG_0002b.jpgIMG_0002b.jpg

#2179 3 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Molex makes a double sided key called a "polarizing peg with boss"
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/538-15-04-0220
Ignore the reference picture on Mouser and the datasheet, you need to download the 3D drawing to see the actual thing:
It may or may not fit the housing you're using depending on brand/housing hole size.[quoted image]

Nice!
Never saw them

Btw I also use toothpick which I cut in half on the length and slightly reduce in diameter using a cutter in order to stick it inside the empty key position.

#2180 3 years ago

Hi All,

Still carrying on with the restores of the 2 x Zac's I got recently. Mostly seem to be working now, all switches/coils etc seem to be acting as they should. Thanks for the help/suggestions so far.

Next thing I need to address are the flippers - they occasionally get stuck in the "up" position, so I guess resleeving/springs etc are the order of the day. However, I can't seem to find a Zac flipper rebuild kit. Any suggestions/substitutes I could use instead?

Kind regards,
Wayne.

#2181 3 years ago

really no rebuilding kit needed. Take them apart. Clean the plunger. Clean the stop. Put in a new sleeve. Put it back together. Done.

#2182 3 years ago

Thanks for the advice, CaptainNeo.

I took it apart to clean - and no sleeve. Well, none I could see. Any advice on the sleeve I need?

Kind regards,
Wayne.

#2184 3 years ago

Selling a Magic Castle Manual. Anyone interested?

20201118_183615 (resized).jpg20201118_183615 (resized).jpg20201118_183709 (resized).jpg20201118_183709 (resized).jpg20201118_183714 (resized).jpg20201118_183714 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2185 3 years ago

Are all available manuals located at ipdb ?

I just picked up a whole archive cabinet full of bingo and pinball manuals..
Still have to sort it all but there are some Zaccaria and other european manufacturers in (playmatic, inder, ..)

I already saw a french manual for Zaccarias House of Diamonds, whilst at ipdb there's only one in italian available.
Is it worth it that I scan all the manuals missing on ipdb, or could they already be available at other sites ?

And if anyone (preferably in Europe, shipping international can be expensive) is looking for original manuals, send me a pm

Edit: pictures added.

20201201_215307 (resized).jpg20201201_215307 (resized).jpg20201201_220116 (resized).jpg20201201_220116 (resized).jpg20201201_220250 (resized).jpg20201201_220250 (resized).jpg20201201_220340 (resized).jpg20201201_220340 (resized).jpg20201201_220553 (resized).jpg20201201_220553 (resized).jpg
#2188 3 years ago

Hello Zac lovers,

I promised I would have posted a new video with the new Zaccaria power board, here a small teaser with the prototype which I'm running on my Devil Riders since 2 months now:

Cheers
Gianfri

#2189 3 years ago

even works with new stars phoenix? Since the new stars board has some jumpers on it, and when I tried to put it in another game that had LED displays. the game would freak out. Same if I tried to put a normal PS in New Stars. So something is slightly different.

#2190 3 years ago

Yes the New Stars Phoenix power board is slightly different. David explains the differences on his site. Scroll to the bottom

http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/gen2/powersupply.html

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

even works with new stars phoenix? Since the new stars board has some jumpers on it, and when I tried to put it in another game that had LED displays. the game would freak out. Same if I tried to put a normal PS in New Stars. So something is slightly different.

#2191 3 years ago

I thought they just removed the high voltage section, but it's more than that. Something else is different as well.

#2192 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I thought they just removed the high voltage section, but it's more than that. Something else is different as well.

According to the page there's a jumper to provide power to the displays that's been added. Have you tried using a regular board with that jumper?

#2194 3 years ago

Hello,
I confirm that the star phoenix has a jumper on the PCB which sends the 12v to the led displays.

If I'm not mistaken they use the pin 19 which is normally for the HV to bring the 12v to the flat and therefore to the led display.

Nothing complicated

The board will be compatible when in its final version.

#2195 3 years ago

seems easy to do with a jumper specficially for New stars.

#2196 3 years ago

have Moon Flight schematics if anyone is interested

1 week later
#2197 3 years ago

I have several zac boards for sale

ebay.com link: str

#2198 3 years ago

you might want to test those boards. That's the only way you are going to get anywhere close to those prices. if they are confirmed 100% working.

#2199 3 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

I have several zac boards for sale
ebay.com link

Untested is just another term for used and broken on Ebay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 3,465 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 70.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.