player 2 (resized).jpg
player 1 (resized).jpg
high score (resized).jpg
MPU & driver boards (resized).jpg
credit ball-in-play (resized).jpg
Farfalla2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5399 (resized).jpg
IMG_5400 (resized).jpg
There are 3,465 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 70.
#2051 3 years ago
Quoted from LorenZ:

Don't forget Playmatic ^^
[quoted image]

Its a pie chart!

I love pie!

#2052 3 years ago

from what year. because if it was from 1980-1983 zaccaria would be higher than gottlieb.

#2053 3 years ago
Quoted from LorenZ:

productions %

Time frame?

#2054 3 years ago

With Stoner, Exhibit, Chicago Coin, United, etc showing I’d suspect its all-time (up to when though?)

#2055 3 years ago

Someone has an idea which B/W part can I use to replace the EOS of a Farfalla upper playfield flipper ?

#2056 3 years ago

Hi Everyone
I have acquired a Zaccaria Pool Champion ‘Gen 2’ to go next to my Magic Castle
The pool champ is missing the Main power pcb
Would anyone have a spare one or know somewhere I can get one from
Cheers
Dave

#2058 3 years ago

Hi everyone. I acquired a Zac Pinball Champ 82 yesterday and I need some advice. I am fairly new to the pinball world (I have one other pin). On startup I ran a lamp and solenoid test. All solenoids worked and popped. A few lamps need replacing. All displays worked fine. I then rebooted the machine and the display did not light. Fuse F4 had blown. I replaced it and when powered up it glows and the displays are still NOT lit. Any ideas?

#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

which one is F4 ? location on the PS board

Isnt f4 the high voltage 170v fuse?

#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from Thehipster:

Hi everyone. I acquired a Zac Pinball Champ 82 yesterday and I need some advice. I am fairly new to the pinball world (I have one other pin). On startup I ran a lamp and solenoid test. All solenoids worked and popped. A few lamps need replacing. All displays worked fine. I then rebooted the machine and the display did not light. Fuse F4 had blown. I replaced it and when powered up it glows and the displays are still NOT lit. Any ideas?

UPDATE!
All lights and gameplay working but there is a switch problem as the outhole does not return the ball after drain and the pop bumpers are not working although all of these solenoids work in test mode. Also the kick back does not work during gameplay but works in test mode.
I can work through switch problems but I need to know if they are connected to CN1 and CN5.
My main problem is that the displays do not light at all. Help!Help!Help! required as it is driving me nuts. What am I missing?
I can't see the displays during test mode but all tests work (apart from display test of course).

#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Isnt f4 the high voltage 170v fuse?

That part is sorted now. All fuses are okay and the gameplay is up and running. I found a couple of loose wires on solenoids and I think that they must have shorted. It is the loss of all displays that is baffling me. They worked fine yesterday.

#2063 3 years ago
Quoted from Thehipster:

The high voltage section of the power supply board most likely needs to be rebuilt.

Fortunately you can shotgun this easily as it only has about 10 parts.

Along with this you can upgrade the fuse holders, they are quite weak.

I opted to just get all new display kits from @gianfri.

This way you can remove F4 as you dont need the 170v any more.

The 170v for the displays is old school and a little dangerous!

Its better and safer to just replace the displays.

I built all 5 kits in 3.5 hours and couldnt be happier.

#2064 3 years ago

Also check the ribbon cables.

Replace them for insurance.

A single pin holds the 170v for the displays lol.

My 170v circuit only caught fire twice before i decided to decommission it...

#2065 3 years ago

The high voltage section of the power supply board most likely needs to be rebuilt.
Fortunately you can shotgun this easily as it only has about 10 parts.
Along with this you can upgrade the fuse holders, they are quite weak.
I opted to just get all new display kits from gianfri.
This way you can remove F4 as you dont need the 170v any more.
The 170v for the displays is old school and a little dangerous!
Its better and safer to just replace the displays.
I built all 5 kits in 3.5 hours and couldnt be happier.

To much for me I'm afraid. This is only my second pin. All was well yesterday and I'm struggling to see how a rebuild and display change is necessary after one blown fuse. I can see the reasoning behind it and the logic but if there was another way around it I would be grateful to know what it is. Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me.

#2066 3 years ago
Quoted from Thehipster:

To much for me I'm afraid. This is only my second pin. All was well yesterday and I'm struggling to see how a rebuild and display change is necessary after one blown fuse. I can see the reasoning behind it and the logic but if there was another way around it I would be grateful to know what it is. Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me.

You can buy a new power supply board and ribbon cables. It will stabilise the power.

The zacarria-pinball.com website is a wealth of information.

#2067 3 years ago

You can buy a new power supply board and ribbon cables. It will stabilise the power.

display.

Would the transformer voltage setting affect the I have it at 220 and in the UK we have 240vac

#2068 3 years ago
Quoted from Thehipster:

display.
Would the transformer voltage setting affect the I have it at 220 and in the UK we have 240vac

it should not.

#2070 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the dial doesn't go to 240?

What should it be set at. I am pretty sure mine goes up to 245.

#2071 3 years ago

I found the F1 fuse and changed it. That got the display running. Unfortunately I thought I had put in a 1amp fuse but I had put a 8amp fuse in and it fried the RG1 resistor. Could you tell me which resistor size etc I need to replace it and why the fuse would pop?

Added over 4 years ago:

It is the R6 resistor not RG1

#2072 3 years ago
Quoted from Thehipster:

I found the F1 fuse and changed it. That got the display running. Unfortunately I thought I had put in a 1amp fuse but I had put a 8amp fuse in and it fried the RG1 resistor. Could you tell me which resistor size etc I need to replace it and why the fuse would pop?

Added yesterday: It is the R6 resistor not RG1

The manual schematic has the part numbers.

You can put a new one in but really the whole high voltage section should be rebuilt now.

As they age the little plasma segments are drawing a bit more power. This stresses the circuit.

This is why the fuse is blowing.

The best solution is to put in the LED replacement kits.

They are super easy to build with simple tools, and kinda fun!

But you can order them pre-built for you.

For the money, you cant beat the quality and durability.

Plus you wont need the high voltage section any more, just pull the fuse out.

#2073 3 years ago

putting the LED displays in are really good. They are not as expensive as you may think.

#2074 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Gianfri makes new ones.

Soon...
We are tuning the first prototype, I must have a working Zaccaria Power board in the next 2 weeks, then we will run the first small batch of the RevA

#2075 3 years ago
Quoted from Thehipster:

Added 3 days ago: It is the R6 resistor not RG1

Just back from holidays otherwise I would have suggested first to verify if you had the 170V on the CN5 before looking for anything else.

You probably fried much more than a resistor.
Generally the 2 x 2N3440 transistors die easily if something goes wrong and if the fuse blows there must be a main problem around the HV.

Whenever you fix the HV again you better verify what you have on the output because in some cases with faulty 2N3440 you may have more than 200V on the output which can damage the displays.
I also suggest you to verify all resistors in the HV circuit because you may have wrong values after them being cooked by your faulty circuit.
Use the schematics you can find on Zaccaria-pinball.com to verify the correct values.

If you run tests on the power I warmly suggest you to disconnect the CN5 cable from the CPU to avoid major disaster.

Good luck
Gianfri

#2076 3 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Just back from holidays otherwise I would have suggested first to verify if you had the 170V on the CN5 before looking for anything else.
You probably fried much more than a resistor.
Generally the 2 x 2N3440 transistors die easily if something goes wrong and if the fuse blows there must be a main problem around the HV.
Whenever you fix the HV again you better verify what you have on the output because in some cases with faulty 2N3440 you may have more than 200V on the output which can damage the displays.
I also suggest you to verify all resistors in the HV circuit because you may have wrong values after them being cooked by your faulty circuit.
Use the schematics you can find on Zaccaria-pinball.com to verify the correct values.
If you run tests on the power I warmly suggest you to disconnect the CN5 cable from the CPU to avoid major disaster.
Good luck
Gianfri

Thanks for that. All noted. New resistor and tests tomorrow.

#2077 3 years ago

Well i joined the club.
I picked up a pretty nice Farfalla.
Had a few small issues,which mostly has been corrected. Still need to figure out why the drop target won't stay up
Also...i would like to find some original lower flipper bats,does anyone remake them?
Thanks

received_803795200450108 (resized).jpegreceived_803795200450108 (resized).jpegreceived_347965043047856 (resized).jpegreceived_347965043047856 (resized).jpegreceived_1482189995302792 (resized).jpegreceived_1482189995302792 (resized).jpegreceived_378326546511035 (resized).jpegreceived_378326546511035 (resized).jpegreceived_3021346171328548 (resized).jpegreceived_3021346171328548 (resized).jpeg
#2078 3 years ago

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but are the star posts available anywhere. One of the yellow ones in my Farfalla has crumbled away...

#2079 3 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Well i joined the club.
Had a few small issues,which mostly has been corrected. Still need to figure out why the drop target won't stay up
Also...i would like to find some original lower flipper bats,does anyone remake them?
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are Zac flippers the same as B/W or Stern?
Maybe these?
https://pinballhaus.com/product/transparent-flipper-bats/

#2080 3 years ago

I am going to have 5 Zacs and reasonably have room for 3. Which 3 would you pick from this list (no specific order):

1. Clown
2. Magic Castle
3. Farfalla
4. Pool Champion
5. Time Machine

#2081 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I am going to have 5 Zacs and reasonably have room for 3. Which 3 would you pick from this list (no specific order):
1. Clown
2. Magic Castle
3. Farfalla
4. Pool Champion
5. Time Machine

1,3 and 5

#2082 3 years ago

I've had them all (except spooky and clown).

Magic Castle, Farfalla and Pool CHampion I'd pick from these 5. Pool Champion is a bit easier than the others, but the pop up ball targets are great fun to hit and sneaking the ball past the open top flipper to get the 8 ball is neat. I didn't care for Time Machine and only saw Clown once but it looked like a snoozer.

Quoted from ViperJelly:

1. Clown
2. Magic Castle
3. Farfalla
4. Pool Champion
5. Time Machine

#2083 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I've had them all (except spooky and clown).
Magic Castle, Farfalla and Pool CHampion I'd pick from these 5. Pool Champion is a bit easier than the others, but the pop up ball targets are great fun to hit and sneaking the ball past the open top flipper to get the 8 ball is neat. I didn't care for Time Machine and only saw Clown once but it looked like a snoozer.

I like clown because it scares me!

#2084 3 years ago

If you end up selling the clown or magic castle please contact me. Those are 2 I am still looking for.

#2085 3 years ago

My buddy did get some PTSD from the Clown They all have great shots/features. Magic Castle will not be the one leaving. Should have mentioned that earlier.

#2086 3 years ago

Hey guys,
I Have a Zaccaria Soccer Kings I'm having issues with. I posted a topic on this yesterday, but no luck. Guess I should have posted here.
Here's the link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-gen-2-trouble-shooting-#post-5841043
I tried to copy and paste my questions to here but no luck.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thank you-Ed

#2087 3 years ago

For me:
2. Magic Castle
3. Farfalla
5. Time Machine

PS:
Clown is special for the sound effects and the moving target but doesn't look like one of the funniest ones.

#2088 3 years ago

clown is a blast. it's so much fun punching the clown in the face.

#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Well i joined the club.
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The springs used on this target bank are not the same as on the others. I had the same problem because one was broken. I had to redo one.

IMG_20200904_145722 (resized).jpgIMG_20200904_145722 (resized).jpg
#2090 3 years ago

Someone knows which equivalent part can I use to replace the EOS of normal flipper of a Farfalla ?

#2091 3 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

Someone knows which equivalent part can I use to replace the EOS of normal flipper of a Farfalla ?

I would like to replace mine also.

#2092 3 years ago

Is there a replacement coil stop available for a Devil Riders main flipper coil?

#2093 3 years ago

Anyone have any ideas on whats up , Not firing ( Right , Centre, Left Bank ) ( Left , right and centre pop ) All Switchs register , Transistor are good . .

All other Coils are working , Flippers etc Good

IC40 Solenoid Selects ? or would that stop all coils from working ?

IC 34 Output Address ?

Thanx in Advance

1 week later
#2094 3 years ago

Just acquired my last Zac I needed to complete my full collection of Gen 2's. Mission accomplished!

IMG_9686 (resized).JPGIMG_9686 (resized).JPG
#2095 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Just acquired my last Zac I needed to complete my full collection of Gen 2's. Mission accomplished!
[quoted image]

Nice !

Hard one to find these days

#2096 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

[quoted image]

Congrats Captain, that’s a wonderful achievement. I’m a Zac virgin after just acquiring a Farfalla- who knows where I’ll end up?!
Got a tasty pic of them in a row or anything?

#2097 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Congrats Captain, that’s a wonderful achievement. I’m a Zac virgin after just acquiring a Farfalla- who knows where I’ll end up?!
Got a tasty pic of them in a row or anything?

no, I don't line them up, because when I run tournaments and leagues. I like to split up the DMD games, with early SS in between. Because newer players gravitate towards modern stuff. And if I have all the modern stuff in one area, it gets full and compact in that area. So by spacing everything out, it evenly distributes players in my gameroom better. You can always tell how long someone has been in the hobby by which games they gravitate to.

#2098 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

[quoted image]

Congratulations!

US finding or EU?

#2099 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no, I don't line them up, because when I run tournaments and leagues. I like to split up the DMD games, with early SS in between. Because newer players gravitate towards modern stuff. And if I have all the modern stuff in one area, it gets full and compact in that area. So by spacing everything out, it evenly distributes players in my gameroom better. You can always tell how long someone has been in the hobby by which games they gravitate to.

I do the same thing in my public arcade as well as my private arcade. Jersey Jack games, with their huge screen, draw in all newcomers in my arcades.

#2100 3 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Congratulations!
US finding or EU?

both. I mixed between import and finding in the US.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,465 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 70.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome/page/42?hl=ed150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.