player 2 (resized).jpg
player 1 (resized).jpg
high score (resized).jpg
MPU & driver boards (resized).jpg
credit ball-in-play (resized).jpg
Farfalla2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5399 (resized).jpg
IMG_5400 (resized).jpg
There are 3,465 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 70.
#2001 3 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Did you do GI, backbox and inserts in LED, or just some ?

I replaced all of my lamps with 2smd frosted sunlight comet LEDs.

It looks perfect.

I am very pleased with the result.

#2002 3 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

PSU is rebuilt, new caps, new connectors, new fuse clips. MPU is now exchanged for one from pinballsolutions.eu - great service and great product. Did I mention the fastest shipping ever ?

Never enough
We do our best when we can

PS
When you say clearcoated, what do you use? your playfield looks incredibly nice.

#2003 3 years ago

Inserts in color as appropriate. GI in warm white. Rainbow colors on the rainbow might be much for some but I think it looks good. I had to use night mode in the phone to get the colors to show better but the image is a little blurry.

IMG_20200618_072908 (resized).jpgIMG_20200618_072908 (resized).jpg
#2004 3 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Never enough
We do our best when we can
PS
When you say clearcoated, what do you use? your playfield looks incredibly nice.

I have a local professional car shop do it.
I'm not sure which brand, but they apply 8 coats with sanding in between. It looks and plays amazing !

#2005 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Inserts in color as appropriate. GI in warm white. Rainbow colors on the rainbow might be much for some but I think it looks good. I had to use night mode in the phone to get the colors to show better but the image is a little blurry.[quoted image]

Looks good and fits the theme nicely !

#2006 3 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

PSU is rebuilt, new caps, new connectors, new fuse clips. MPU is now exchanged for one from pinballsolutions.eu - great service and great product. Did I mention the fastest shipping ever ?
Displays are nice and bright except for lower right one which had a Bally 6 digit one as a placeholder. Will get a 7 digit Zaccaria one next week.
Voices are English but pitched a bit low. Will probably see if I can pitch them higher.
PF will be cleaned and clearcoated.
LED or old school bulbs - what do you think ?

I LED all my zacs with comets 2smd Daylight frosted for GI's. All are well lit and easy to see and play.

#2007 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Inserts in color as appropriate. GI in warm white. Rainbow colors on the rainbow might be much for some but I think it looks good. I had to use night mode in the phone to get the colors to show better but the image is a little blurry.[quoted image]

looks good. as long as the GI's are white, you can play it.

#2008 3 years ago

What other manufacturer's coil should I get for a Zacc D.40 / S.1200? This is for the kick out hole at the top of Space Shuttle.

I have in my notes that it could be replaced by a Williams or Bally 26-1200. Does that sound right?

At The Pinball Resource there are:

Bally A26-1200, AN26-1200, AO-26-1200, AP-26-1200, AR-26-1200, AT-26-1200, ATT-26-1200

Williams AE1- 26-1200, A2-26-1200, Coil A26-1200, AE26-1200

I have no idea what the difference is with these different coils.

#2009 3 years ago
Quoted from swampwiz:

What other manufacturer's coil should I get for a Zacc D.40 / S.1200? This is for the kick out hole at the top of Space Shuttle.
I have in my notes that it could be replaced by a Williams or Bally 26-1200. Does that sound right?
At The Pinball Resource there are:
Bally A26-1200, AN26-1200, AO-26-1200, AP-26-1200, AR-26-1200, AT-26-1200, ATT-26-1200
Williams AE1- 26-1200, A2-26-1200, Coil A26-1200, AE26-1200
I have no idea what the difference is with these different coils.

That looks to be correct according to Dave Gersic's coil cross reference:

http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/misc/parts-interchange.html

#2010 3 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

That looks to be correct according to Dave Gersic's coil cross reference:
http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/misc/parts-interchange.html

So which one of those that I had listed is the proper one? There are 7 Bally & 4 Williams listed.

#2011 3 years ago
Quoted from swampwiz:

So which one of those that I had listed is the proper one? There are 7 Bally & 4 Williams listed.

Any 26-1200 coil will work that uses the same bobbin will work. 26 gauge wire @ 1200 turns is what it means. The first 2 letters may be designations for bobbin size and whether there were any diodes on the coil and the direction of the diode. This is also important as you want to match the exact direction of the diode on your new coil with your original. You could blow a transistor if it's backwards. If the original zac coil has no diode, then just remove it.

If you have some other williams or bally games, check them to see if you have any 26-1200 coils in there and compare the bobbin size as well as diode orientation. If you have any that match exactly, order that one.

#2012 3 years ago

Hi ,
I’ve just sold my Pinball Champ 82 and in packing it up I smashed the backglass . I’ve advised the buyer and reduced the price accordingly. Id like to print off a translite but can’t find a Hi res photo that I can use . Was wondering if someone has a hi res printable file that I can use for a translite . Happy to compensate .
Thanks
Peter

#2013 3 years ago

did you see if BG resto has the file? He might make that glass.

#2015 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

did you see if BG resto has the file? He might make that glass.

BGresto has the file but to make the backglass with shipping to Australia is nearly $700 AUD because of our weak dollar. Was hoping to just print a translite to save some serious money.

#2016 3 years ago

Problem with the translite is you need the masking layer that masks out the numbers/sections that are not lit. I worked on a few of these and had one of them printed on translucent film (2 prints). It wasn't great but better than nothing since I could not find a ROBOT backglass anywhere.

I was able to find a Pinball Champ backglass for second game without a backglass years ago but those days are gone now, plus it took me 6 months. Maybe you can find one in AU to lessen the cost/shipping? No substitute for a beautiful backglass for these games though. Worth the $700 IMO if that was my only option and a brand new glass would be something to really admire.

Quoted from Alby:

BGresto has the file but to make the backglass with shipping to Australia is nearly $700 AUD because of our weak dollar. Was hoping to just print a translite to save some serious money.

#2017 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Problem with the translite is you need the masking layer that masks out the numbers/sections that are not lit. I worked on a few of these and had one of them printed on translucent film (2 prints). It wasn't great but better than nothing since I could not find a ROBOT backglass anywhere.
I was able to find a Pinball Champ backglass for second game without a backglass years ago but those days are gone now, plus it took me 6 months. Maybe you can find one in AU to lessen the cost/shipping? No substitute for a beautiful backglass for these games though. Worth the $700 IMO if that was my only option and a brand new glass would be something to really admire.

I really like my new Farfalla backglass. Its gorgeous.

Well worth the money spent.

#2018 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I really like my new Farfalla backglass. Its gorgeous.
Well worth the money spent.

We would love to have one of those one day The whole thing that is

1 week later
#2019 3 years ago

Devil Rider Powerboard , All Test point voltages Good , 3 bridges are are all good , new CN1 header and connector . MPU is flickering , GI ON , Displays on but flashing

CN5 Voltages are as follows ( Do i have a power failure / over current circuit issue ? ) From top to bottom CN5
Blue 12.6V
Red 5.7
Green 5.2
Blk
Yellow 161
Blk
White 1.859
Red 5 V
Blk
Orange 41

I did notice when i pulled up the playfield a Flipper switch wire had come off and was very close to the highvoltage of the flipper coil
Not sure how to test IC 38 or if this may have caused an issue for the 3081 ?

Any and all help would be much appreciated

#2020 3 years ago

I have always loved the artwork on the Zaccaria's and over the years have pursued the flyers for my collection. Some I have in English and Italian. Some are very rare and hard to find. Here's a link if you want to check them out, LMK if you have any that I need:

https://nypinball.com/category/zaccaria/?post_types=flyers

#2021 3 years ago
Quoted from criss:

Devil Rider Powerboard , All Test point voltages Good , 3 bridges are are all good , new CN1 header and connector . MPU is flickering , GI ON , Displays on but flashing
CN5 Voltages are as follows ( Do i have a power failure / over current circuit issue ? ) From top to bottom CN5
Blue 12.6V
Red 5.7
Green 5.2
Blk
Yellow 161
Blk
White 1.859
Red 5 V
Blk
Orange 41
I did notice when i pulled up the playfield a Flipper switch wire had come off and was very close to the highvoltage of the flipper coil
Not sure how to test IC 38 or if this may have caused an issue for the 3081 ?
Any and all help would be much appreciated

I think you have much chances that IC38 is dead, it's a classic problem with shorts on the flipper contacts.

#2022 3 years ago

My farfalla is clipping off the last word on sentances when people speak.

is this controlled by the pot up on the upper right of the sound card?

#2023 3 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

I think you have much chances that IC38 is dead, it's a classic problem with shorts on the flipper contacts.

Thanx gianfri , I will look at replacing IC38 , can this short from flippers cause other ICs to go or just IC38 .

So my Voltages look good for CN5 ?

Blue 12.6V
Red 5.7
Green 5.2
Blk
Yellow 161
Blk
White 1.859
Red 5 V
Blk
Orange 41

#2024 3 years ago
Quoted from criss:

Thanx gianfri , I will look at replacing IC38 , can this short from flippers cause other ICs to go or just IC38 .
So my Voltages look good for CN5 ?
Blue 12.6V
Red 5.7
Green 5.2
Blk
Yellow 161
Blk
White 1.859
Red 5 V
Blk
Orange 41

Generally only IC38 which makes the flipper to hang

#2025 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

My farfalla is clipping off the last word on sentances when people speak.
is this controlled by the pot up on the upper right of the sound card?

yes, the pot can be adjusted to speed up and slow down voices to fit and not get timed out.

#2026 3 years ago

Can someone check their CN9 Voltages , top right on MPU ( 4 Plug ) Would be much appreciated as i'm not sure if i'm in spec .

Yellow

Black

White

Red

#2028 3 years ago

Looking for a MPU board for Technoplay it's the 2-2 8008 MPU board. Hoping someone here has one in their parts stash.

1 week later
#2029 3 years ago

Are there any good instructions on how to wire the reproduction sounds boards to a Zacarria EM? I purchased an Aerobatics that is missing the sound board completely.

#2030 3 years ago

My Farfalla is missing the bracket for one of the displays - B-7137.
Does anybody know a source or a substitute for this ?

I'm also missing 2 of the 6-bank drop target springs - A-4724.
Is there some other part I can use instead ?

#2031 3 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

My Farfalla is missing the bracket for one of the displays - B-7137.
Does anybody know a source or a substitute for this ?
I'm also missing 2 of the 6-bank drop target springs - A-4724.
Is there some other part I can use instead ?

I have several of them, I can give you one...

#2032 3 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

I have several of them, I can give you one...

Thanks Gianfri, I sent you a PM !

#2033 3 years ago

I need some help with the upper relay under the Farfalla playfield.
Mine was wired as pictured, but I'm pretty sure that is wrong - perhaps that is why both reset coils for the large drop target bank were burned ...
I have tried to find pictures online, in the topic gallery too, but they're all too blurry to really show the wiring.

20200729_082719 (resized).jpg20200729_082719 (resized).jpg
#2034 3 years ago

Found my answer in this thread ... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome/page/15#post-3501252

Guess I need a new pair of glasses or something.

#2035 3 years ago

Now it works ...

Several layers of 2k clearcoat applied by local professionals, some electronic repair, complete teardown and cleaning of all parts.
I had to make a couple of new springs for the 6 bank drop target, something new to learn every time

The cabinet is bad, bottom is completely shot with holes through it ... but that is a project for another time.

2020-07-31 16.04.39 (resized).jpg2020-07-31 16.04.39 (resized).jpg2020-07-31 16.04.45 (resized).jpg2020-07-31 16.04.45 (resized).jpg2020-07-31 22.39.43 (resized).jpg2020-07-31 22.39.43 (resized).jpg
#2036 3 years ago

Any idea of what a Space Shuttle or Horror would go for around the US? I'm trying to see if I would be too far under water shipping some games from Europe.

#2037 3 years ago

Space shuttle is a gen 1 zac, so maybe 1200 in good shape. Horror though is a conversion kit for space shuttle that I’ve only seen on ipdb and never in the USA. No idea what it would cost but I’d like to play the converted game since I don’t like space shuttle

Quoted from Draegermeister:

Any idea of what a Space Shuttle or Horror would go for around the US? I'm trying to see if I would be too far under water shipping some games from Europe.

#2038 3 years ago

Anyone interested in Zaccaria Nautilus and Aerobatics package deal? And any help on pricing them? Both were recently gone through and LEDed. Aerobatics backglass has been severely broken and is taped together but is honestly pretty presentable. The Nautilus backglass also has a crack in it but survived shipping from England to the US. Both have had free play switches installed so they can be changed over between free play and coin op with the flick of a switch. Anyway I don’t have a great idea on value so any help is much appreciated.

I know there aren’t really any sales of Nautilus that I can find so no sure where to start.

Video of Nautilus

092117BE-79D6-4297-87A4-EC88F409302B (resized).jpeg092117BE-79D6-4297-87A4-EC88F409302B (resized).jpeg1B70754C-7CCF-4785-8CB4-6D2D548EE776 (resized).jpeg1B70754C-7CCF-4785-8CB4-6D2D548EE776 (resized).jpegA9E621A9-DBE4-4D3A-BF72-5B40668E3BE4 (resized).jpegA9E621A9-DBE4-4D3A-BF72-5B40668E3BE4 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2040 3 years ago

Hi, I got a Pinball Champ '82 and where do I start?! I know nothing about Zaccarias. Back in the '80s I was a service engineer and where I worked Zaccaria was a dirty word! The only ones they had, had been scrapped. apparently they were always breaking down, so I never got to work on one until now. Is there any online reference manuals or some sort of order to look through things. My Zacs had been water damaged when a ceiling came down, but luckily there was crap stored on top of them so the damage was not too bad, except for the mould. black mould everywhere! Nasty!!

MVIMG_20200819_141920 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200819_141920 (resized).jpg
#2041 3 years ago

Start first by removing the black mold from the game. This is hazardous to your health so wear a mask/gloves and have ventilation.
Once your game is devoid of the mold and spores, start here:

http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/gen2/repairs.html (specifically powering up a game for the first time)
and
http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/how-to/index.html

Quoted from dombutler:

Hi, I got a Pinball Champ '82 and where do I start?! I know nothing about Zaccarias. Back in the '80s I was a service engineer and where I worked Zaccaria was a dirty word! The only ones they had, had been scrapped. apparently they were always breaking down, so I never got to work on one until now. Is there any online reference manuals or some sort of order to look through things. My Zacs had been water damaged when a ceiling came down, but luckily there was crap stored on top of them so the damage was not too bad, except for the mould. black mould everywhere! Nasty!!
[quoted image]

#2042 3 years ago

you are probably going to have to part them out. Mold gets inside the wood, you are screwed. things warp and if they were stored like that, with the glass off, the playfields are twisted and trashed. Parts time.

#2043 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you are probably going to have to part them out. Mold gets inside the wood, you are screwed. things warp and if they were stored like that, with the glass off, the playfields are twisted and trashed. Parts time.

Yes maybe parts time, but these Zacs are not that common so I am going to clean them and give them a chance.

#2044 3 years ago

I am in need of these parts if anyone has extras:

2 Seven digit displays
1 long pinball rod for upper playfield flippers
Pinball Champ Backglass. I know BGRESTO is a possible source

x-Two flipper bats for the washer+nut shaft style (any color) - FOUND!

Added over 4 years ago:

I no longer need two displays... I found the parts I need to repair the ones that I own.

#2045 3 years ago

Cross posting for those in USA whom might need NOS Zac parts.
I'm organizing another Group Buy at Pinball.Center; and they carry many NOS Zac parts and will not ship to USA.
https://www.pinball.center/en/search?sSearch=zaccaria

#2046 3 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Are there any good instructions on how to wire the reproduction sounds boards to a Zacarria EM? I purchased an Aerobatics that is missing the sound board completely.

Should come with the board.

https://images.pinside.com/1/17/c6/117c6ab4bb82623fd748cd23ddd2aa0bc9534cd8.pdf

There is here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-zaccaria-em-sound-and-flasher-boards#post-4934179

#2047 3 years ago
Quoted from dombutler:

Yes maybe parts time, but these Zacs are not that common so I am going to clean them and give them a chance.

some zacs are rare. others are not. Remember, zaccaria was the 3rd biggest manufacturer in pinball in the early 80's. So they made more games than even gottlieb.

Some of the more common zacs are.

Devil riders
Farfalla
Time machine

And popular and common in northern regions
Soccer kings
Pinball champ

#2048 3 years ago

Don't forget Playmatic ^^

prod 04 (resized).JPGprod 04 (resized).JPG
#2049 3 years ago

is that production %'s or how many of the pinball market each made games? Or number of different games?

#2050 3 years ago

productions %

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 3,465 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 70.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome/page/41?hl=play_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.