283D0977-D5AB-4070-8DCF-0EEB879B86ED (resized).jpeg
RIGHT (resized).jpg
LEFT (resized).jpg
784CA593-B798-426E-880F-3F3A4E27E7C4 (resized).jpeg
AFF5AA47-5C5A-4C42-90BE-DF6A42E97989 (resized).jpeg
2181FAD8-8FEE-46E4-9662-994CFDE79636 (resized).jpeg
C4763716-D5BB-44EE-A74D-9EBE9F203676 (resized).jpeg
5BF2DBA1-A4B7-48D7-86C5-43BD2A413E44 (resized).jpeg

There are 2441 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 49.
#151 7 years ago

My Zac Time Machine. Found this game on CL in 2010 and took it to the Chicago Pinball Expo in 2011.

2014-05-23 16.15.38.jpg

#152 7 years ago

Looking good!~SpOoKy

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

throw enough money around and i'm sure you can buy anything you want.

And don't put Robot on your WTB: list!

#154 7 years ago

Think the easier Zac pins to find would be Devil Riders first as the Captain concurs with me followed by Farfalla and Time Machine. Tier two: Robot and Magic Castle, Tier Three: Spooky and possibly anything else. Seems a ton of Zac pins were imported here in the states, but judging by this thread, there may be only a few dozen of us going after them. I wonder out loud how many more are sitting in non-collectors hands?!?~SpOoKy

#155 7 years ago

I think pinball champ and Soccer kings is easier to find than Robot. Robot is probably next hardest, next to things like Spooky or new stars phoenix.

Even robot can be bought if you throw enough cash around. Hell, i'd sell mine if someone threw stupid money my way.

#156 7 years ago

Were there any USA distributors other than Bhuzac International that anyone can remember?

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

Think the easier Zac pins to find would be Devil Riders first as the Captain concurs with me followed by Farfalla and Time Machine. Tier two: Robot and Magic Castle, Tier Three: Spooky and possibly anything else. Seems a ton of Zac pins were imported here in the states, but judging by this thread, there may be only a few dozen of us going after them. I wonder out loud how many more are sitting in non-collectors hands?!?~Spooky

In 2004 a container of zacs ( over 150 games) was purchased by kurt weaver and delivered to ohio. Those 150 games were sold on ebay and they made their way across the usa. I ended up with 12 games after a few years of buying and selling. There were 20-25 different models in the container from all eras of ss - pre gen1, gen 1 and gen2 games. It was wild. Everyday there were new games, but it was a crap shoot as mostly everything needed repair. But, plenty of boards, backglasses,etc were also sold.

The only game that was not in the container was spooky. Of course i tried to pick up a spooky for 5 or 6 years and it always eluded me. I knew of 3 in the usa when i stopped looking ( and several in europe). At least i found a zankor and new stars phoenix along with the rest of the gen 2 games. They were good times. I think now more people see the beauty of the zacs as they have cerainly become more popular.

#159 7 years ago

What Zac games should be remade?

#160 7 years ago

Thanks luvthatapex2 for that info. Kinda seals in some missing history. I guess, depending on where we live = what zacs are out there. Spooky seems to be Thee Zac most hard to get. At very least... Like you said, there's a new found appreciated love from older Zac collectors like yourself and the Captain to newer Zac lovers like myself. Weird though.... Each and every time, for the last 12 months here, I keep finding Devil Riders and not much else fs. ~SpOoKy

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

What Zac games should be remade?

None. I think there are plenty to go around for the ones that want them. It's hard to move anything without a DMD in it.

#162 7 years ago

Started my locomotion restoration hardcore. This is going to be one of the toughest restorations i've ever done. Every lamp socket is corroded. All the brackets. So everything has to be soaked in rust remover. Drop target banks have the metal tabs so worn, they are actually mushroomed where they hit the bracket during reset, and very hard to even remove. So far it's been a major PIA.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think I have some plastics for that game.

Thanks but my plastics are not the concern, all complete .. I am starting to work on it soon. I just hope the electronics will work once I have re-assembled it. I could use a nice backglass though!

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Started my locomotion restoration hardcore. This is going to be one of the toughest restorations i've ever done. Every lamp socket is corroded. All the brackets. So everything has to be soaked in rust remover. Drop target banks have the metal tabs so worn, they are actually mushroomed where they hit the bracket during reset, and very hard to even remove. So far it's been a major PIA.

You should take some photos.... I'd be very interested in seeing the progress.~SpOoKy

#165 7 years ago

I have lots of photos of every step of the way. I wish i had a bigger tumbler.

3 weeks later
#166 7 years ago

I acquired a Zaccaria Clown to go with my other Zacs.
It is missing the glass
If anyone has a glass, I would love to hear from them.

Cheers
Dave

zp01.jpg

#167 7 years ago

IMG_1509.JPG

I bought a Zac Circus last week. I haven't had time (or room!) to set it up, but here's a quick photo of the weird 'custom' backglass. It's plexiglass that is hand painted. I actually really like their design. Very nice turn of the century motif. I'm guessing they had not seen the original backglass, as they used images from the playfield. Always a bummer when the original glass is missing, but this is the next best thing!

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from zacman:

It is missing the glass
Cheers
Dave

zp01.jpg 97 KB

Nice setup. Wish you lived by me, because your collection only duplicates mine by one. Would be nice to have someone with different Zacs that lived near me.

#169 7 years ago

How do you prepare and protect a Gen 2 Zac for shipping? I just bought a project Time Machine on the east coast and will be driving it back to Illinois in September. The backglass is really nice and the neon was working. The pin has power supply problems.

I want to protect both the neon and backglass during transport. What do you guys recommend? I am thinking that I should remove, wrap in paper, and then box the backglass. Then make a replacement bg for transport and pad it somehow.

What do you guys recommend?

#170 7 years ago

I have a nice Earth Wind Fire for sale with a spare CPU and driver board. Works good but has a switch matrix issue I need to track down. $1500

#171 7 years ago

You keep it in the game and it will be fine. Neon is mounted with springs so it has room to bounce around. Glass will be safe inside the head. Put some blankets down, fold the head down strap it together and no problems. I just got done moving 4 of my zacs a month ago and just yesterday again. Never had a problem.

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You keep it in the game and it will be fine. Neon is mounted with springs so it has room to bounce around. Glass will be safe inside the head. Put some blankets down, fold the head down strap it together and no problems. I just got done moving 4 of my zacs a month ago and just yesterday again. Never had a problem.

Like captain said^.... Did the sane thing with my Time Machine and even driving thru NYC potholes in a harsh winter.... Zero problems. Congrats~SpOoKy

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from zacman:

It is missing the glass
Cheers
Dave
Nice collection Dave! Thanks for sharing~SpOoKy

zp01.jpg 97 KB

#174 7 years ago

What is the value of some of these machines? I know they didn't make many, but I know some of them weren't necessarily the most fun. I found a black belt 2hrs away a few months back for $250 and didn't have time to pick it up, I'm kinda kicking myself over it.

#175 7 years ago

Zac did make a bunch of pins, and at one time the biggest manufactor overseas. Most just didn't make it over here sadly. I guess the value is in the artwork on both the play fields as well as back glasses. And some of the designs were way before their time. I've just been recently "smitten" with them, but it won't be my first Zac pin for sure. Value I guess isn't much to some, but priceless to others, and I've found a bunch of good folks in this thread that both love, cherish and collect these beauties. ~SpOoKy

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

I guess the value is in the artwork on both the play fields as well as back glasses. And some of the designs were way before their time.

Farfalla is absolutely gorgeous

#177 7 years ago

Selling my Zaccaria collection
(But keeping the Hot Wheels)

Will sell all in one sale (5 pins)so not seperate!!
Thought I would offer to Zaccaria fans first
Before posting elsewhere

Games are 100% working and excellent condition

Looking for fair value !!!

image-820.jpg
image.jpg

#178 7 years ago

Here is your chance Spooky seekers!

#179 7 years ago

Devil King and a Pinball Champ '82 for me, i'll pop some pics up one day

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Before posting elsewhere

image.jpg 240 KB

image-820.jpg 250 KB

Why do you have to be so far away? Glws. Nice collection.

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from asay:

What is the value of some of these machines? I know they didn't make many, but I know some of them weren't necessarily the most fun. I found a Black Belt 2hrs away a few months back for $250 and didn't have time to pick it up, I'm kinda kicking myself over it.

You should kick yourself again! I owned a blackbelt, sold it... and am still kicking myself for losing it...

#182 7 years ago

I own a devil riders !

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Before posting elsewhere

image.jpg 240 KB

image-820.jpg 250 KB

I am tempted to grab all 5 pins and bring them to my collection.

pm sent

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from zacman:

I am tempted to grab all 5 pins and bring them to my collection.
pm sent

people are asking me how much for all 5 games
make a fair offer I would say.

really want these to be kept in one collection
to someone who really enjoys them
and possibly complete their collection with these

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

people are asking me how much for all 5 games
make a fair offer I would say.
really want these to be kept in one collection
to someone who really enjoys them
and possibly complete their collection with these

That's a very cool jesture sir! I hope someone gives them a good new home!~SpOoKy

#186 7 years ago

I have a friend in LA that ships 8 containers to Australia each year, so I can put them in that and bring them to my collection.
I'm waiting on an email from him to check on it.

Cheers
Dave

#187 7 years ago

PM sent. I'd rather discuss it over the phone, have lots of questions about some of the games and I thought your Locomotion didn't have any boards in it? Hard to really give a price with the vague pictures and no specifics about how complete or working each game is.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

PM sent. I'd rather discuss it over the phone, have lots of questions about some of the games and I thought your Locomotion didn't have any boards in it? Hard to really give a price with the vague pictures and no specifics about how complete or working each game is.

these games are set up in my game room, all are complete and fully working as described earlier
I have other zaccaria projects and many parts I am selling separate on ebay

I might have that board you need for the Locomotion or possibly can get it for you
how much you willing to pay ? will come from overseas so won't be cheap and untested of course

3 weeks later
#190 7 years ago

These games look really cool. Never payed any attention to them until today. Need to find and play them

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

btw, I am working on remaking the TM ramps. But i'm going to improve the design and durability of them. Since everyones is blown out.

Any update?

#192 7 years ago

I have a nice condition time machine for sale in NJ

#193 7 years ago

Robot is the one that seems super fuckin' kool to me... The art and sound are excellent~

robot-vert.jpg
#194 7 years ago

Yeah I'm waiting on the Captain as well, I'd send the $$$ yesterday for s better ramp as the design is poor. Anyone buy that Zac collection yet?~SpOoKy

#195 7 years ago

The art of Lorenzo Rimondini is the real star of these games. Machines look beautiful.
Sorry to hear he died of cancer in the eighties... RIP~

download.jpg
46002102.jpg

#196 7 years ago

Ok Now I am officially in the club! I just bought 2 Zaccaria's at auction this morning, Earth Wind Fire and a
Devil Riders. Both look in great shape, I'll post some pics once I get them home. EWF is still wired for 220 volts with a euro plug. Hope it's just changing out the plug and taps on the transformer. Devil riders is playing but said it
needed maintenance. I am excited, I love the looks of these pins. Actually ended up buying 5 pins today total

#197 7 years ago
not yet. I'm not going to work fully on this project until my locomotion project is complete. To many irons in the fire right now.

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

Ok Now I am officially in the club! I just bought 2 Zaccaria's at auction this morning, Earth Wind Fire and a
Devil Riders. Both look in great shape, I'll post some pics once I get them home. EWF is still wired for 220 volts with a euro plug. Hope it's just changing out the plug and taps on the transformer. Devil riders is playing but said it
needed maintenance. I am excited, I love the looks of these pins. Actually ended up buying 5 pins today total

Congrats dood. I definitely see myself getting a couple of machines before long now that I'm in the know of these games. I was blind before. Some of these things are too beautiful.

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

Nice! Devil Riders is fun! Strange: Thanks for that info and photo. Glad to see the artist who did all this fantastic artwork. Thanks for sharing~SpOoKy

#200 7 years ago

does anybody got any displays for sale...

Missing the high score display

Tks

Larry

There are 2441 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 49.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside