Topic Stats

• 1,472 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by luvthatapex2
  • Topic is favorited by 66 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 473 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190818_203726 (resized).jpg
BE1E08E5-937A-4B96-B9E0-5C2834540559.jpeg
20190802_152100 (resized).jpg
20190802_155023 (resized).jpg
Zac1B1110-evo_1 (resized).jpg
brinks chip (resized).jpg
IMG_20171229_191724724 (resized).jpg
20190617_152942 (resized).jpg
IMGP6170 (resized).JPG
20190613_104131 (resized).jpg
20190613_104057 (resized).jpg
20190613_104106 (resized).jpg
20190613_104119 (resized).jpg
72A3CC3C-B6C0-4680-9734-0D3D8FC76FB8 (resized).jpeg
88AE1A6E-B708-4E41-9CE0-ED3776575B53 (resized).jpeg
2F7EDC62-2543-45FF-A5BB-5BE3730189AE (resized).jpeg

There are 1472 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 30.
#1451 16 days ago

Beautiful Farfalla, glad to see you finally got one!

Been doing some research this morning on lamp shields for the backbox. I'm going to start selling some 3D printed lamp shields for Zaccaria games shortly, I just need to tweak the designs a bit more to get them where I want. Looks like 9-10 games used the same set of lamp shields as Devil Riders.

I've got some flipper shafts on the way so I can start better durability testing on my flipper bat design too.

Interestingly enough, I did come across a schematic for another unique PCB for the Gen2 games. Soccer Kings has a unique 2-digit display board on the playfield, by the upper playfield flipper. Very weirdly driven by the solenoid drivers. Going to PM the guy who's selling a Soccer Kings right now on pinside and see if he can snap some photos of it.

#1452 11 days ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Dear Zaccaria lovers,
I just wanted to confirm that the new Zaccaria MPU for G1 machines is finally available.
This MPU has the same concept as the G2 MPU, it comes with an internal flash rom including all the game ROMs.
On top of the standard ROMs we have also included the FREE PLAY ROMs which are selectable with an additional dip switch.
The main difference with the G2 MPU is the support for the original EPROMs which has been removed, we considered that it is unlikely to use the original EPROMs which are very difficult to burn when they are all present in the internal flash.
here you find a picture of the final product:
[quoted image]
Some of the features:
Modern components easy to find on the market;
Embedded flash rom with all the original game roms;
Possibility to select original or Free Play game roms;
One board can be used on all the G1 Zaccaria pinball machines without the need of replacing the eproms;
Easily select the game rom using a dip switch;
All socketed ICs for easy diagnostic and repair;
Status LEDs for quick diagnostic;
Headers on the original position in order to guarantee fully compatibility with original cabling;
We are currently testing them on some customers' machines before having them available on the website but I already wanted to introduce it to you.
I'll try to post a video later
Gianfri

The website says it is out of stock.

And a question about the free-play ROM with this board. Does this mean that the free-play ROM that is sold separately is already part of this board - IOW, it would make no sense to get this board AND get a free-play ROM? Or is it that the free-play ROM would need to be installed on top of the board?

#1453 11 days ago
Quoted from swampwiz:

The website says it is out of stock.
And a question about the free-play ROM with this board. Does this mean that the free-play ROM that is sold separately is already part of this board - IOW, it would make no sense to get this board AND get a free-play ROM? Or is it that the free-play ROM would need to be installed on top of the board?

The board is being initially sold and tested here in Europe before letting it available for the rest of the world.
G1 machines are extremely annoying in the way the run and we want to collect feedbacks from close countries before starting shipping overseas.
We are selling it privately, so it is out of stock in the webshop.

Regarding the FREE PLAY, if you're talking about the ROM sold on the webshop, it is clearly stated that it is for G2 MPUs, not for G1.
FREE PLAY option is embedded on this board:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome/page/29#post-5122032

I hope this answers your questions.

Regards
Gianfri

#1454 9 days ago

I’m seein’ double here! Four Spookys!

BE1E08E5-937A-4B96-B9E0-5C2834540559.jpeg
#1456 8 days ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I’m seein’ double here! Four Spookys![quoted image]

I Hate you in a very friendship kind of way

#1458 7 days ago
Quoted from gianfri:

The board is being initially sold and tested here in Europe before letting it available for the rest of the world.
G1 machines are extremely annoying in the way the run and we want to collect feedbacks from close countries before starting shipping overseas.
We are selling it privately, so it is out of stock in the webshop.
Regarding the FREE PLAY, if you're talking about the ROM sold on the webshop, it is clearly stated that it is for G2 MPUs, not for G1.
FREE PLAY option is embedded on this board:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome/page/29#post-5122032
I hope this answers your questions.
Regards
Gianfri

OK, so the Gen 1 board will have the free-play ROM.

I presume that you are basically considering the first rollout of the Gen 1 MPU to be a "beta release", and want to be able to make it easy for folks to ship it back to you to do any upgrades that you will figure out in this release. That's very considerate. When do you think this process will be complete?

#1459 7 days ago

Game settings question:
Is there a way to turn off the attract sounds for Pinball Champ, Soccer Kings, Farfalla, Time machine?

Setting 29 only has 0 - off 1 - on

I have a robot and magic castle that setting 29=
0 = background sound off, attract on
1 = background on, attract on
2 = background off, attract off
3 = background on, attract off

*I would like setting#3 for all the games*

#1460 7 days ago

!!Request for Time Machine users!!

I need your help, I have my time machine which doesn't activate the knocker when someone wins the match at the end of a game.

To be more detailed, at the end of the game there is a score match with the last two digits of each players score, if the two digits match the last two digits of the score you win a credit and, in theory, the knocker should activate to indicate the win.

My machine gives the free credit but doesn't activate the knocker, and the knocker clearly works if I run the coils test so, it looks clearly like a game bug.
I have tried it with normal CMOS, with single NVRAM, with dual NVRAM and with the new MPU /evo, nothing, it just doesn't want to do it.
If I install FREE PLAY roms, then it works.
I would like to understand if my normal roms have a bug.

Has anyone, with a time machine home with normal roms, the possibility to test this behaviour?

Thanks
Gianfri

#1461 7 days ago
Quoted from swampwiz:

OK, so the Gen 1 board will have the free-play ROM.
I presume that you are basically considering the first rollout of the Gen 1 MPU to be a "beta release", and want to be able to make it easy for folks to ship it back to you to do any upgrades that you will figure out in this release. That's very considerate. When do you think this process will be complete?

We are already working on the next release, we have realised, but we knew it, that the early G1 games have bugged roms which may bring to have a machine unusable when the memory is corrupted, and the problem is that the corruption comes from the fact that the rom doesn't populate the memory with the parameters in the correct way. This may appear with both old MPUs and the new one.
I will not enter into details as it is quite complicated to explain.

To make users' and our life easier we will add some new features to avoid having the memory corrupted and the new release will be produced in September.

I expect we will have the new MPU available end of September or October.
All the current revision boards have been sold, I have kept one for testing, so no other boards will be available until then.

Gianfri

#1462 6 days ago
Quoted from gianfri:

We are already working on the next release, we have realised, but we knew it, that the early G1 games have bugged roms which may bring to have a machine unusable when the memory is corrupted, and the problem is that the corruption comes from the fact that the rom doesn't populate the memory with the parameters in the correct way. This may appear with both old MPUs and the new one.
I will not enter into details as it is quite complicated to explain.
To make users' and our life easier we will add some new features to avoid having the memory corrupted and the new release will be produced in September.
I expect we will have the new MPU available end of September or October.
All the current revision boards have been sold, I have kept one for testing, so no other boards will be available until then.
Gianfri

Great. I wasn't looking to get this until before November in any case.

#1463 6 days ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Game settings question:
Is there a way to turn off the attract sounds for Pinball Champ, Soccer Kings, Farfalla, Time machine?
Setting 29 only has 0 - off 1 - on
I have a robot and magic castle that setting 29=
0 = background sound off, attract on
1 = background on, attract on
2 = background off, attract off
3 = background on, attract off
*I would like setting#3 for all the games*

my farfalla and time machine have attract off. I think so does soccer kings. is the manual say 29 is still the same setting?

#1464 6 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Does the manual say 29 is still the same setting?

For Farfalla, Soccer Kings, Time Machine and Champ:
The manual just says background sound for 29 on or off

Perhaps because they're older in production, so the option to turn off attract noises doesn't exist like in later versions.

If you just leave your games on in game over and wait about 5 min, you'll be able to tell which ones have it or not.
Now that my games are on a breaker switch, they all sound off at once; which makes that attract noise very annoying

#1465 6 days ago

it must work because mine are not in attract mode except for soccer kings, which I never set yet.

#1466 5 days ago

Posted in another thread.... Dakar (Mr Game) machine in Pittsburgh.
I can't afford right now so you guys go for it.

pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

#1467 4 days ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Posted in another thread.... Dakar (Mr Game) machine in Pittsburgh.
I can't afford right now so you guys go for it.
pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

non working though. If the wrong boards are in there, it would be a major problem to fix.

#1468 19 hours ago

It isn't 2 Spooky's but it's a start. Both work and are in really nice shape. I will be putting one of the Magic Castles up for sale in the next few weeks. Feel free to reach out if interested, heading out of town on vacation later this week so I am holding off posting it in the market until I get back.

IMG_20190818_203726 (resized).jpg
#1469 19 hours ago

I think there was a guy in Colorado looking for one, he has a thread somewhere.

Nice lineup!!!

#1470 3 hours ago

anyone else have a problem with magic castle not being steep enough? I have my back legs jacked up as high as they go, and rubber spacer on the back and the fronts down as low as they go and still can't good pitch. DId they do the gottlieb thing like haunted house, where the backs are longer than the fronts?

#1471 2 hours ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

anyone else have a problem with magic castle not being steep enough? I have my back legs jacked up as high as they go, and rubber spacer on the back and the fronts down as low as they go and still can't good pitch. DId they do the gottlieb thing like haunted house, where the backs are longer than the fronts?

You can see from my 2 Magic Castles that the one on the right (my original) is much higher. New long levellers all the way out. It plays well, not sure on angle though.

#1472 2 hours ago

If I recall my Magic castle had the same legs as the other gen2s (soccer kings, pinball champ and farfalla I had next to magic castle). They all lined up in height and i had no problem with it seeming floaty or anything. I think it was around 6.5 pitch. I'd bet you have the wrong legs.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,090 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hauppauge, NY
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Toledo, OH
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
There are 1472 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 30.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside