player 2 (resized).jpg
player 1 (resized).jpg
high score (resized).jpg
MPU & driver boards (resized).jpg
credit ball-in-play (resized).jpg
Farfalla2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5399 (resized).jpg
IMG_5400 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

560 posts in this topic match your search for posts by captainneo. You are on page 2 of 3.
#1053 5 years ago

i'm assuming as well, It's not like there are a lot in the US.

2 weeks later
#1060 5 years ago

did you go through all the settings? You have to change them all when you change something. When you reach the end and game over stays lit, you did it right. if not, it won't hold.

4 weeks later
1 week later
#1071 5 years ago

I always use the rubber type ones, because the plastic hat style ones are a PIA to slide off.

1 month later
#1082 5 years ago

don't forget, that you have to change every value, or it's probably not going to stick. Clear all audits. move every option around a bit.

#1084 5 years ago

I seem to have problems with settings not taking many times if I don't change everything.

2 weeks later
#1097 5 years ago

all fuses test good? not just by looking? If no coils are firing under the playfield, sounds like you have fuses blown. Test with a meter, while one side is pulled out. I bet your fuse clips are shot and fatigued. You will know when you put the fuse back in and it splits wide open.

#1099 5 years ago

flipper coils are different than regular coils. they have a different fuse. So if it's blowing in coil test, it might be a bad regular coil. best way is to disconnect all the left side connectors off the power supply board, and leave the bottom right connector. Test all your voltages first and see what you have going on. also see if it blows the fuse with nothing connected.

#1103 5 years ago

are all coil diodes on correctly? Also look at all the lights and see if any are close to touching something else. Maybe the flipper provides vibration enough to short something out with a lamp socket very close to something else.

#1109 5 years ago

damn that look nice. Good work on the conversion.

#1113 5 years ago

soccer kings usually has only 3 balls in the back to start.

#1117 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I had to check this one, but according to the manual it says 4 balls go in the upperlevel goal area and one in the drain.
http://www.pinrepair.com/zac/manuals/zac2_soccerkings_man.pdf

4? I don't think it matters really. If you look at the back holding area, there is only 1 switch back there acknowledging the first ball anyway. The rest are just for speed of the kickout.

#1119 5 years ago

might be 2, but I know there isn't enough to acknowledge all the balls in there.

#1121 5 years ago

the program does kick the flipper if there are balls missing in the upper, because it thinks there isn't balls up top and trying to put them back. Kind of like a balls search. But the 2 VUK's should not be firing during this. Sounds like you have a bad diode somewhere on a coil. Or one of the main coil control chips is wonky.

#1131 5 years ago

did you rebuild those flippers? might be sticking. Rebuild them like you would a regular flipper.

#1134 5 years ago

coil sleeves are universal. Cleaning the plungers doesn't need parts. Grinding down any mushrooms that maybe on the plungers or stops, doesn't need parts. If you need a new link. standard b/w links work just fine. Make sure switch contacts are nice and clean by using the dremel wire brush attachment. Do not file them.

1 week later
#1147 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Figured id post my shop out picture. I have it 80% working. Upper flipper randomly fires, sound isnt working right, and it takes awhile for it to register upper kick drains. I have repro flipper bat toppers being made right now, will report on how they look once i get them.
[quoted image]

make sure all 3 leaf switches are clean and adjusted correctly for the goal area. Also make sure you have 3 or 4 balls in there. Upper flipper does randomly fire if it thinks there are balls stuck in the upper field. Kind of like a ball search.

#1152 5 years ago

zaccaria-pinball.com will make you a ribbon cable that you need. He has a Magic castle as well, so he could make you even the display cable since he has one to copy.

#1161 5 years ago
Quoted from mantz88:

Some of you will love it. Most of you will hate it but here it is my full LED Farfalla.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

some of the GI's are good. All the stuff that is colored on the top side of the playfield has to go. Inserts in color look good. Backglass is horrifying. You are losing so much art by doing this.

2 weeks later
#1171 5 years ago

looks to me like you have the SS version and someone blacked out the credit section and added a thicker boarder to the top one.

#1173 5 years ago

dave at zaccaria-pinball.com casts red and blue flipper bats and offers the shaft.

2 months later
#1199 5 years ago

he has the Gen 2 available now. Gen 1 is in the works but not ready yet.

3 weeks later
#1233 5 years ago

I have some of the locomotion parts you need. They are not new, but better than what you have. But i'm in the US.

#1239 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiezak:

Anyone know what this problem can be?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7QLtHmPx7bboazpd8
Got the Locomotion cleaned up and replaced all lamp bulbs and fuses, but when testing the lights I get this...and no more.
Lights on playfield burn (except the ones from the tunnel), and on the headboard only the one from "game over" a little.
The speaker makes a lot of noise and is deconected for the video.
Allready tested disconnecting the CN19 and 20 and 22, but no difference.

I want to post this on here, so others can read about it regarding locomotion.

Locomotion uses an Altered Gen 1 mpu board. I has special jumpers added just for locomotion. If these jumpers are not added, the game will not work. You can see the jumpers on the board. I believe Dave says something about it on his site

#1242 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Looking for thoughts on this new issue for the Devil Riders. Game plays 100% but no insert lamps work except for the Shoot Again insert which is always on. Lamps used to work. New MPU and driver board. I have swapped power supply boards with a Magic Castle and it has no effect. I should mention that the backglass lights work correctly as well.
I have disconnected the sound to make sure that isn't the culprit.
Fuses are good.
Any thoughts on where to look?
Thanks
John

if you have a magic castle to work with. I'd swap ribbon cables with it first to see what happens. Study the connector in the bottom right corner of the PS board. Make sure everything looks good there. Usually that connector is trashed and needs to be redone.

3 weeks later
#1265 4 years ago

i believe williams system 11 lockdown bars are direct replacement for zacs.

#1272 4 years ago

yes, the player 2 display should be in the middle right position. There are jumpers on each display telling you where they should go. Player 1 is 1, player 2 is 2, player 3 is 3, player 4 is 4 and credit is 5.

#1283 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Not sure what you mean by that
So I swap the rims out then put dip switch to other position ?

turn dip switch 4 to on. Go to your settings. clear out all audits. Go through each setting, change each one, even if it's on what you want. But change it and go back to the setting you want. Setting 30, you want set to 1. That's free play. continue changing all settings. When you are done and through all 36. game over should stay lit solid. That's how you know it took. Turn off dip switch 4 and your set.

you need to rewire that toggle switch back up.

#1285 4 years ago

toggle runs through tests. Start button changes the value. I'll get some pics in a bit.

#1286 4 years ago

Here is how mines hooked up. Gray n white, white and black n white wires

IMG_20190501_140014238 (resized).jpgIMG_20190501_140014238 (resized).jpgIMG_20190501_140118502 (resized).jpgIMG_20190501_140118502 (resized).jpg
#1288 4 years ago

if you are on free play, you shouldn't need coin switches.

2 weeks later
#1309 4 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

More Spooky questions:
Everyone has said we needed a step up/down transformer for this game but looking at the transformer in here, is there a reason it couldn’t be rewired down and a new plug attached? Not sure I’m understanding why other owners have stated that this cannot be rewired since it has the extra lugs to do it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

well my transformer doesn't have those 115 lugs like yours does. Just 200-220.

#1317 4 years ago

I use daylight 2SMB in all my GI's for zacs. only ones I use for GI sockets. I'd suggest 1smb for backboxes as 2smbs are bright but they have great light distribution. Frosted. I will use color for inserts from time to time.

#1329 4 years ago

BG resto has farfalla on file and can make them.

#1339 4 years ago

there are 2 adjustment pots on the sound board. Maybe 3. They one adjusts the speed of the sound. It's slower than it should be. that needs to be adjusted.

#1352 4 years ago

yes, I saw that one. I couldn't believe how much wear it had. i've never seen a zac wear like that.

#1358 4 years ago

rubber ring was slipping on mine as well. I replaced it with an elastic hair tie and has worked great ever since.

#1360 4 years ago

the ring is similar to a belt drive ring for a cassette player. I don't know a source for them, but you could use rubber belt to fit that electronic repair places sell. I think DVD/cd players that use belt drive would have them as well.

#1365 4 years ago

you have to take off the upper playfield to get to those lights.

Some LED's will not work, some will randomly quick flicker and some will be just fine. It's best to use comet 2smb frosted daylight/sunlight for GI's and use bulbs for any controlled lamps.

#1370 4 years ago

I think locomotion is really fun. Love the rules and layout. It's going to take a bit to get it going though. Mine was just as rough as this one when I got it, and I did a full restoration on mine. glad I did, because it's a really fun game. Was worth the time and effort to do it. I do have a nice used playfield available for this game if you decide you want to make it look better.

#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Sorry to disappoint you but:
Locomotion is the last gen1 machine, the most wanted/valued of this generation and it is among the nicest Zaccaria games.
The game, the sound effects, and the backglass are extremely nice.
I have one to be restored and I really look forward to it.
I cannot estimate the US value as it is a different market but the wooden structure looks quite tortured unfortunately.

I agree. It's like gen 1.5 since they modified the board to handle a lot more to get ready for gen2. It's a fantastic game. And they did make a ton of them, but a ton also have been parted out. I run into parts from locomotion all the time.

#1376 4 years ago

ahhh, that's why there are 8 digit and 7 digit pinball champs. I was wondering why. I have had both version. I did not know 8 digit version was super rare or I would have kept it.

#1389 4 years ago

anyone have problems like that with brinks chips? I bought a bunch of brinks. So far I only have had one that wouldn't hold settings and had to swap it for another.

#1396 4 years ago

brinks chip uses

Ramtron
fm16w08-sg
A11400u908g2

#1400 4 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

Ugh, sorry to hear of the issues guys! First I've heard of incompatibility on Zaccaria GEN2.
These modules were originally designed for arcade use (5114). Pinout on the 5114 is the same as 2114, 9114, 6514, 5514. Straight-forward wiring (address-to-address lines, data-to-data lines, R/W and CS signals wired to the FRAM). When researching what other uses the 5114 had outside of arcade I saw @gianfri had 6514 nvram using FRAM to replace IC4 so at some point I added Zaccaria GEN2 to the compatibility list. Hadn't heard of any issues or received any emails indicating problems over 1-2 years, but then I'm selling only in the US market & most of what I ship for 5114 are going for arcade use. I don't imagine I ship out more than a handful or two of these for use in Zaccaria machines per year. Based on what's been posted here by a few people I'm going to pull the Zaccaria compatibility from the product page for right now.
One thing that stood out to me as a bit odd was JUST replacing IC4 (instead of both IC4 & IC5). The schematic shows these two chips share CS, R/W and an 8-bit bus is created between the two chips (DB0-DB7). Further research showed IC4 is what actually held settings/high scores. IC5 looked the equivalent of a "scratchpad". I don't know how the software is working or whether the full 8-bit bus could be used as a scratchpad for certain things, but something to consider. The Brink NVRAMs are replacing both IC4 & IC5. It might be worth trying a single NVRAM at IC5 (along with the NVRAM at IC4) to see if that makes a difference. Unfortunately, IC5 is not socketed, so that takes any plug-and-play aspect away.
Hans, if you want to try another chip at IC5 I can send another 5114 out to you. Looks like there'd be room for 2x side-by-side.

that's one aspect I liked about your chip is that I didn't have to install a socket in the other side. But by the time yours was released, I already bought 14 brinks chips. I do have your chip in some boards, i'm going to have to watch for lockups.

#1401 4 years ago

here's what the brinks looks like.

brinks chip (resized).jpgbrinks chip (resized).jpg
#1405 4 years ago

ribbon cable is responsible for speech. Did you try flipping it around, or swapping it with the one between the CPU and driver board? Just to see if it changes anything.

1 month later
#1426 4 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Dear Zaccaria lovers,
I just wanted to confirm that the new Zaccaria MPU for G1 machines is finally available.
This MPU has the same concept as the G2 MPU, it comes with an internal flash rom including all the game ROMs.
On top of the standard ROMs we have also included the FREE PLAY ROMs which are selectable with an additional dip switch.
The main difference with the G2 MPU is the support for the original EPROMs which has been removed, we considered that it is unlikely to use the original EPROMs which are very difficult to burn when they are all present in the internal flash.
here you find a picture of the final product:
[quoted image]
Some of the features:
Modern components easy to find on the market;
Embedded flash rom with all the original game roms;
Possibility to select original or Free Play game roms;
One board can be used on all the G1 Zaccaria pinball machines without the need of replacing the eproms;
Easily select the game rom using a dip switch;
All socketed ICs for easy diagnostic and repair;
Status LEDs for quick diagnostic;
Headers on the original position in order to guarantee fully compatibility with original cabling;
We are currently testing them on some customers' machines before having them available on the website but I already wanted to introduce it to you.
I'll try to post a video later
Gianfri

even works with locomotion which needed special mods to the board in order to work?

#1438 4 years ago

i thought he has a jumper to use all the free play roms.

2 weeks later
#1463 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Game settings question:
Is there a way to turn off the attract sounds for Pinball Champ, Soccer Kings, Farfalla, Time machine?
Setting 29 only has 0 - off 1 - on
I have a robot and magic castle that setting 29=
0 = background sound off, attract on
1 = background on, attract on
2 = background off, attract off
3 = background on, attract off
*I would like setting#3 for all the games*

my farfalla and time machine have attract off. I think so does soccer kings. is the manual say 29 is still the same setting?

#1465 4 years ago

it must work because mine are not in attract mode except for soccer kings, which I never set yet.

#1467 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Posted in another thread.... Dakar (Mr Game) machine in Pittsburgh.
I can't afford right now so you guys go for it.
pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

non working though. If the wrong boards are in there, it would be a major problem to fix.

#1470 4 years ago

anyone else have a problem with magic castle not being steep enough? I have my back legs jacked up as high as they go, and rubber spacer on the back and the fronts down as low as they go and still can't good pitch. DId they do the gottlieb thing like haunted house, where the backs are longer than the fronts?

#1473 4 years ago

i lined them all up, they are all the exact same size. measured at the holes. I cannot figure it out. I think my playfield pitch is made wrong in the cabinet, or my back holes are drilled to far down. I may go with high low legs on that game to fix it. My RFM has a similar problem like this.

1 week later
#1486 4 years ago

you have to turn on DIP 4 before attempting to change the settings, and you have to change every single setting and clear every audit or it won't take. If it's on the setting you want, just rotate through back to the same setting, but make sure you change something on it before going to the next one.

2 weeks later
#1491 4 years ago

the LED displays that are out there are fantastic. Well worth it. If you want to buy originals, I have 7 and 8 digit ones in stock. tested and working.

#1497 4 years ago

so you printed bats and using original covers? The covers are staying on well?

#1508 4 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Harvs gave me the Lire he found in the coin mechs when he got it. Very cool![quoted image]

I have a bunch of those as well. Those cannot be easy to make. Very cool looking coins.

#1510 4 years ago

it's jus a standard microswitch. Just the big version. Just buy one with a straight wire and bend it to look like that.

#1511 4 years ago

Mexico 86 has joined my quest to have a complete set of Gen 2 zaccarias. Only 1 more left to go. And it's not super rare either, which makes the quest a lot easier. I've ran across ops that had 3 of them sitting in the warehouse at a time before I became a full on zac collector. (Blackbelt is the only 1 left). Mexico 86 is rare here in the states. I've found lots of them in Southern europe but nobody was willing to ship. In the US, mexico 86 is ultra rare, in europe it's just rare. About the rarity of Robot.

Zacs have 5 levels of rarity. Similar to magic cards.

Common
Uncommon
Rare
Ultra rare
Legendary Rare

mexico 86 001 (resized).jpgmexico 86 001 (resized).jpgmexico 86 003 (resized).jpgmexico 86 003 (resized).jpgmexico 86 004 (resized).jpgmexico 86 004 (resized).jpgmexico 86 007 (resized).jpgmexico 86 007 (resized).jpgmexico 86 008 (resized).jpgmexico 86 008 (resized).jpg
#1513 4 years ago

yes, a rare game collector out in CA had it and sold it as a package deal with a bunch of other stuff. Troy Smith found it for me when trying to get the stuff he wanted.

1 week later
#1515 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

New Zaccaria addict that just had my first taste here and purchased a Magic Castle. I am super impressed with so many of the details that they thought of including the trough/shooter lane, the metal bracket on the back of the playfield, the retention clip in the backbox etc. I'm impressed.
I have a question/issue. The left outlane that feeds the left flipper on my machine is not what was originally on the machine. Mine is thin, poorly formed, out of spec, and does not function as it should. It has been hacked up and rebent so many times in an effort to make the ball feed correctly that it appears it is garbage bound. It never feeds to the flipper as designed, and I need one. That is an issue, I know.
Does anyone know of someone who could fabricate one as it was? I don't trust my metal fabrication skills and would prefer to leave it to someone who knows what they are doing. I suppose the other option is to try to track down a used one. If anyone here has or knows of one somewhere that I could buy, I would be extremely grateful.
Looking forward to being involved in the club!
Jason

PM me, and email me a pic of the part. Can't think of what you are describing right now. I probably have one I can sell you.

#1516 4 years ago

It's not often I sell a zac, but now that mexico 86 showed up, I need room for Blackbelt, so i'm forced to let one of them go. Put my Universe up for sale. Realized i'll never have the room to get a full set of zacs (38 different games total). I need to just keep focus on Gen 2's and my 1 gen 1.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-rare-zaccaria-universe#post-5261506

Very very clean example of universe. mint backglass, near mint playfield.

#1518 4 years ago

should add those to the Zaccaria apron cards thread as well. Would get a lot of action on there as well.

#1529 4 years ago

david gersic can make you ribbon cables you need. Zaccaria-pinball.com

#1547 4 years ago

clear cannot be gone. Just scuffed up from balls with dings on them. it's there and can be buffed back to mirror shine. it it was in high humidity environments, and had graining throughout, then you will probably want to swap.

#1549 4 years ago

if you already have it apart, it's a good idea. I do it to mine when I have them completely stripped down.

#1572 4 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

No, I do not have resellers.
Check with Wayne from Pinitech, it's probably the easiest option.

i'd probably be willing to be a reseller for you. I'm updating my site with a zaccaria parts section available.

#1587 4 years ago

none of them are white. I've never seen white neon in any zac. Since we are doing a poll.

Mines a fleshy pale pink color.

#1589 4 years ago

farfalla never existed with 8 digit. Someone threw those in there because someone used the original for another game, and someone else tried to piece this one together.

#1602 4 years ago

Just lowered the Price on this Minty Zaccaria Universe. Only $900. Works great. very clean inside and out. Every switch has been cleaned. Minty backglass, playfield and plastics. Located in SE WI.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-rare-zaccaria-universe#post-5284112

#1612 4 years ago

that black connector block is nothing. It was a diagnostics block plug. Doesn't do anything. button inside the coin door sometimes adds credits. I may have neon springs. I'll have to look on where I put them on the farfalla head I parted out. the wires down by the tilt in electrical tape, I believe is also standard for a coil or switch that wasn't used.

#1616 4 years ago

it's probably the wires from the glass to the board.

#1622 4 years ago

you can swap it without moving the jumper just to see if it's the cable or not. But if it was the cable, the segment would be out on each of the digits.

#1647 4 years ago

you sure those jumpers are right for those roms? did you reseat the ribbon cable? Try disconnecting all of the other displays and flip the cable around and try it on just one display. meaning. Use one of the connectors that normally goes to a display, and plug it into the board, and use the next one in line to go to the display. That will tell you if it's a cable issue.

#1648 4 years ago

also, those jumpers are not soldered on the back at all. If the platted through on that hole is broken, it won't be following those traces on the back. I'd solder those pads on the back too, to make sure you have connection.

#1654 4 years ago

jumpers should be.

J1- A
J2- b
j3 - c
J4 - f
J5- H
j6- Y
J7- K
J8 - L

#1656 4 years ago

well with those wires like that. i'm sure they were shorting against the grounding panel in the backbox. May have shorted something out. Hope you clipped them off first.

#1665 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

My game was running perfectly before shorting the jumpers to the back panel.
I ordered a new CPU board.
It's been hacked way too many times.
I think that this will solve my current problem.
Driver board next maybe!
I'm trying to get the game stable.
After 38 years, it's just not going to be rock solid.
But it can be, with some new parts!

don't let the age fool you. I most of my games are 40 years old and they are all rock solid. Some are 50 years old and more reliable than some peoples 90's and 2000's stuff.

#1671 4 years ago

i've had to build about 60 of those displays already. They are fantastic .

#1690 4 years ago

Decided to fire up the old power supply board after replacing the fuse clips.
No other adjustments, just clips and new fuses.
R6 caught fire and D1 cracked a bit so it's toast.
Its amazing what having proper connections after decades of misuse can do!
No fuses blew.
Note the missing SCR1 on this power board...hmmmm.
I guess someone needed it elsewhere. It' was actually carefully unsoldered and removed from the board.
Probably removed because F1 kept blowing.
[quoted image]
The whole 170v system is trashed probably lol.
I cut the lead in R6 to keep that circuit out of mischief.
And pulled out fuse F1.
I'm wondering what caused the resistor to light up?
Missing SCR-1?
No power draw from the displays?
Age?
Way more current available with new fuse clips?
All of the above? Lol
I dunno, I half expected this though.
I did a 1978 bally playboy in similar condition.
It caught fire many times until I bulletproof the power supply and fixed all the 200v displays.

nvm. Didn't know that was R6, can't see a label.

1 week later
#1700 4 years ago

oooo. a new zac collector in the group. welcome.

#1702 4 years ago

figured you were not new based upon the number of games you already had. Just new to pinside.

2 weeks later
#1708 4 years ago

Reduced to $700!!! I moved the Universe from one side of the gameroom to the other, and now it developed a slight problem, where it will randomly not reset the right drops on the first try. they try and drop down. This causes the game to sometimes skip a ball or a player when this happens. Played fine for years, and now that I moved it, some switch must be gapped a little too far apart.

I don't have time to dig into it, so i'm lowering the price on the universe to $700. It still plays fine besides the random skipping of a player/ball from time to time. If i get time to look into it and fix it, then the price will go back up to $900.

72265801_10215961760058427_5782273415012417536_o (resized).jpg72265801_10215961760058427_5782273415012417536_o (resized).jpg72271192_10215961759178405_3295975834438860800_o (resized).jpg72271192_10215961759178405_3295975834438860800_o (resized).jpg72404456_10215961758898398_2557795312739549184_o (resized).jpg72404456_10215961758898398_2557795312739549184_o (resized).jpg72582644_10215961756538339_1248226601271820288_o (resized).jpg72582644_10215961756538339_1248226601271820288_o (resized).jpg72656315_10215961758378385_656248823617683456_o (resized).jpg72656315_10215961758378385_656248823617683456_o (resized).jpg72718419_10215961756858347_5447463616024412160_o (resized).jpg72718419_10215961756858347_5447463616024412160_o (resized).jpg72741848_10215961759698418_6031611071297486848_o (resized).jpg72741848_10215961759698418_6031611071297486848_o (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1724 4 years ago
Quoted from swampwiz:

I could use some of the Zaccaria M3.5-0.6 machine-screw top, 40 mm sheet-metal-screw bottom (i.e., length from bottom of the stud platform to end of screw) post studs that are standard (at least for my Farfalla). I broke the top left plastic and so I am converting one of the regular screws to a post stud.
Something like this, except sized for Zaccaria (which is important because the sheet-metal screw part has already been grooved on the plastic, and it fits the standard Zaccaria flanged hex cap nuts):
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-5469
I could also use a few of the post caps.

you talking about the metal standoff screw that has a hex on the end used for plastics? With the screw in wood style bottom?

#1726 4 years ago

you talking about the white top hat looking slider that goes on? how many you need. I have both on hand I think. Used but have them.

1 month later
#1802 4 years ago

I want to change out my backglass lift channel, its a bit dented and rusty.
Which one do i buy?
Early bally in stainless?

you want the channel for the thicker glass. They have 2 types, thin and thick. Zacs use thick.

#1804 4 years ago

you don't really need it. It's just there for the lock so it doesn't hit the glass directly. you could use plastic trim along the top if you want, or small piece of tape in the middle if you wish.

#1807 4 years ago

this is confusing. You mean it flips on it's own? Or does it mean that the ball goes through the outlane and passes the flipper before it works? or does it mean you are flipping before the ball reaches the ideal point on the flipper?

#1809 4 years ago

i'd first look at the wiring for the switch, for the flipper and everything connected in between. If there is a relay board for that, check it for cold solder joints. check for wires touching. Loose wires, and diodes that might be loose.

#1811 4 years ago

wiggle them around. I've had them just crumble in my hands just from trying to move them. One Williams game I had once. 4 of them crumbled on me when checking the entire playfield.

#1816 4 years ago
Quoted from fat-johnny:

I’m in the process of trying to clean up my Devil Riders, and replace the rubbers. A lot of the rubbers at the top of the playfield are underneath the “Devil Rider” elevated playfield.
Any tips, tricks, or walk-throughs of removing the elevated playfield so I can get to the rubbers below?

the playfield actually comes off really easy. There are a couple of screws in the lexan. If you take those out, and take off the switch springs on the entrance gates. take the flippers off. It should lift right up and you can get under it.

#1817 4 years ago

Its got to be something in the relay circuit.
I caught the right outlane switch firing the right react flipper just now.
Are there replacement relays available?

try reflowing the solder on the relay first. and make sure your switch diodes are all on correctly, and on the right points of the switch. Look for banded side orientation. I really don't think it's the relay itself, but could be.

#1822 4 years ago

looks like that's not the only board you are going to be redoing some connectors on.

#1833 4 years ago

you can use schematics from pretty much any Gen2 zac. The PS board, MPU board and driver board are pretty much the same on every gen2. Only thing that changes is the sound board sometimes, and the PS board on New Stars phoenix.

#1841 4 years ago

sounds like you have flaky sound board. It happens sometimes. That might need to be sent out to be fixed. zaccaria-pinball.com fixes them.

2 weeks later
#1853 4 years ago

as far as looking for an american insert. I just sold a nice euro insert to someone in here. So they must have the american version ready to sell.

#1855 4 years ago

trade the guy looking for an american one 5 responses up.

#1863 4 years ago
Quoted from Doug_1970:

I think I saw it on Gumtree. The legs looked like they had been shortened to me, but it might have just been the photo angle.
Let me know if you need any bits - I've got a sh*tload of Zac stuff and a spare Locomotion playfield.
Cheers

shitload of stuff huh. PM Sent.

#1872 4 years ago
Quoted from BaymenCoach:

Any of you guys have Zaccaria flipper coils you would part with? Looking for D50 S600 / D14 S5000 for my Magic Castle and figured you'd be the best source of info. Thanks you for any help you can provide.

I have flipper coils in stock.

#1875 4 years ago

nvm, looks like marco has them. I do carry a ton of zac parts which I will have up on my website once my website gets a overhaul. Which is in process.

#1878 4 years ago

everything. I've built up a fairly big zac parts stash over the years

#1884 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed150:

Hey guys,
I just recently picked up a Soccer Kings pin. My backglass is shot. Was wanting to know if anyone on here was familiar with this company:
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/soccer-kings/
They sell Translites for Soccer Kings. Thought it would be a decent replacement until I can get the backglass repaired.
Has anybody bought anything from this company? Just thought I'd do some homework before I bought one from them.
Thanks guys!
Also heres some pics of my Soccer Kings. A long way from being finished, but I got the ball rolling. Cheers![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks good except for the blue and purple GI LED. You don't want color at all, but you REALLY don't want it right by the flippers where you need to see the most.

#1889 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed150:

CaptainNeo Those were just spare LEDs I had laying around. Nothing set in stone. It was just nice to look at a freshly waxed playfield with LEDs

least the ones by the flippers are the easiest to swap out.

As far as transformers go. I do have one that is dial in, but I think someone changed the wires in it, so I need to go through it to make sure it's setup correctly. I do have a step down in couple of my games.

#1900 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Blue? No zacs used Blue Displays...

untrue. Locomotion has blue plastic filter panels to try and make an orange display blue.

1 week later
#1922 3 years ago

every time machine ramp is blown out on the right side. it's too thin and the thing takes a beating. I'm working on trying to redoing the ramp and make it much smoother.

#1924 3 years ago

check out the VUK that's back there. Make sure something isn't jammed up in the ball popper. Move it freely with your hands. If that is all good. Make sure there isn't a wall missing back there, letting the ball shift and jam up on something. Something is binding somewhere. also make sure you have 3 balls back there.

#1928 3 years ago

and check and double check the switches back there. If one has poor connection or not working right, things are going to act weird as well.

#1931 3 years ago

check connections on the goalie coil too. think the power wires , bounce off the goalie to the VUK.

#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

Williams Non Ribbed ?

non ribbed, but ribbed looks fine too. It's about the height more than the style.

#1947 3 years ago

did you move it all the way back and forth like 20 times? that cleans them out well.

1 week later
#1957 3 years ago

oh sure. NOW you have white LED displays. After I made 60 of these displays

#1966 3 years ago

glue does work good. Will work good enough till you stumble upon another glass.

#1973 3 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

I have a pinball champ 82 and was changing the rubbers on it. I noticed that my spinner isnt wired up to anything. Is the spinner meant to be wired up to a microswitch or is it purely cosmetic?
Thanks
Peter

the spinner has a plastic cam on it. Which a wire comes up inside the red tower, and the loop sits on the nub of the cam. the wire is connected to a leaf switch under the playfield.

internet (resized).jpginternet (resized).jpg
#1974 3 years ago

I cast and reproduce that part, but you have to carefully drill out the hole where the spinner slides into.

#1980 3 years ago

none of the other EM games match up? there has to be something that matches. Most zac stuff comes close to something else. Did one of the fiber boards break?

#1982 3 years ago

1/4" longer from hole to hole? because the fiber board isn't an issue, just the hole to hole measurement.

#1987 3 years ago

i guess if you measure the link with the plunger, from hole to tip. Yes...hole to tip. If you find another that matches that measurement you can just go with the link and plunger as a whole.

#1989 3 years ago

you were able to get the hole locations the same?

#1991 3 years ago

sweet. you should post a how to for other zac EM owners.

#1995 3 years ago

hows that lower right connection on the PS board? That always needs to be redone on nearly every zac. Repin the header and the plug. Will give you nice steady voltages then into the ps board.

#2006 3 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

PSU is rebuilt, new caps, new connectors, new fuse clips. MPU is now exchanged for one from pinballsolutions.eu - great service and great product. Did I mention the fastest shipping ever ?
Displays are nice and bright except for lower right one which had a Bally 6 digit one as a placeholder. Will get a 7 digit Zaccaria one next week.
Voices are English but pitched a bit low. Will probably see if I can pitch them higher.
PF will be cleaned and clearcoated.
LED or old school bulbs - what do you think ?

I LED all my zacs with comets 2smd Daylight frosted for GI's. All are well lit and easy to see and play.

#2007 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Inserts in color as appropriate. GI in warm white. Rainbow colors on the rainbow might be much for some but I think it looks good. I had to use night mode in the phone to get the colors to show better but the image is a little blurry.[quoted image]

looks good. as long as the GI's are white, you can play it.

1 week later
#2013 3 years ago

did you see if BG resto has the file? He might make that glass.

1 week later
#2025 3 years ago

My farfalla is clipping off the last word on sentances when people speak.
is this controlled by the pot up on the upper right of the sound card?

yes, the pot can be adjusted to speed up and slow down voices to fit and not get timed out.

1 week later
#2028 3 years ago

Looking for a MPU board for Technoplay it's the 2-2 8008 MPU board. Hoping someone here has one in their parts stash.

3 weeks later
1 week later
#2042 3 years ago

you are probably going to have to part them out. Mold gets inside the wood, you are screwed. things warp and if they were stored like that, with the glass off, the playfields are twisted and trashed. Parts time.

#2047 3 years ago
Quoted from dombutler:

Yes maybe parts time, but these Zacs are not that common so I am going to clean them and give them a chance.

some zacs are rare. others are not. Remember, zaccaria was the 3rd biggest manufacturer in pinball in the early 80's. So they made more games than even gottlieb.

Some of the more common zacs are.

Devil riders
Farfalla
Time machine

And popular and common in northern regions
Soccer kings
Pinball champ

#2049 3 years ago

is that production %'s or how many of the pinball market each made games? Or number of different games?

#2052 3 years ago

from what year. because if it was from 1980-1983 zaccaria would be higher than gottlieb.

#2073 3 years ago

putting the LED displays in are really good. They are not as expensive as you may think.

1 week later
#2088 3 years ago

clown is a blast. it's so much fun punching the clown in the face.

1 week later
#2094 3 years ago

Just acquired my last Zac I needed to complete my full collection of Gen 2's. Mission accomplished!

IMG_9686 (resized).JPGIMG_9686 (resized).JPG
#2097 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Congrats Captain, that’s a wonderful achievement. I’m a Zac virgin after just acquiring a Farfalla- who knows where I’ll end up?!
Got a tasty pic of them in a row or anything?

no, I don't line them up, because when I run tournaments and leagues. I like to split up the DMD games, with early SS in between. Because newer players gravitate towards modern stuff. And if I have all the modern stuff in one area, it gets full and compact in that area. So by spacing everything out, it evenly distributes players in my gameroom better. You can always tell how long someone has been in the hobby by which games they gravitate to.

#2100 3 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Congratulations!
US finding or EU?

both. I mixed between import and finding in the US.

#2102 3 years ago

do they flicker? every zac i've tried to LED the inserts do random flickers.

#2107 3 years ago

Just completed a full set of Technoplay games today. For those that don't know. Technoplay was formed from Zaccaria. It's still in business today, and still ran by 2 of the zaccaria brothers. Scramble uses the Gen 2 zaccaria boardset with minor modification, and Xforce and Space Team use a completely new style of boards. Technoplay only made 4 games before ending the pinball division. Space team was made in 2 versions. Normal pinball cabinet style, like I have, and hi-ball, which is space team, but with a huge arcade style cabinet.

technoplay complete collection (resized).jpgtechnoplay complete collection (resized).jpg
#2115 3 years ago

i see they are using my pinball cards I'll be making some for blackbelt soon.

#2119 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Was playing Spooky yesterday and the Gi went out on me. Came back on and went back out as i messed with it. Checked all the fuses and made sure none of the connectors looked burnt. Any tips from someone who knows more on what to look for thanks.

check the 3 plugs in back of the transformer. Sounds like one of those 2 prong plugs are coming out of the transformer box.

#2121 3 years ago

i made a warning thread about Pinitech.com's NVram for zacs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-not-use-pinitechcom-5114nvram-s-in-zaccaria-machines#post-5886069

These do not work and you will fry coils with these. No matter what games I put them in, they do random weird shit. Stay away.

and I recently found out Pinballsolutions also has one, though I never tried it, but i'm assuming it's good, because all his stuff is good.
https://www.pinballsolutions.eu/product/nvram-6514/

brinks (resized).jpgbrinks (resized).jpgpinitech chip (resized).jpgpinitech chip (resized).jpg
#2131 3 years ago

well i've tried 2 different versions of NVram so far, and I use memory caps, when i'm too lazy to install the second socket for the second ram. But I have never had problems with Brinks setup, except the fact that the pin legs like to break off if you take out the chip after it's installed. I did have 1 bad Brinks that would not hold settings no matter what i did.

1 week later
#2149 3 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Hey All! Joining the club, I picked up a Devil Riders in nice shape. I could use a little (hopefully easy) help. A couple of quick questions:
1) The band / belt on the bike rider's motor is worn out and snapped. The motor functions fine, but I need a replacement belt. Does anyone know what the original was, or where a replacement can be found?
2) There's a clear yellowish plastic sheet across the middle section of the backglass, stapled to the door panel at the top. It doesn't seem to serve a purpose. I'm wondering if it's supposed to be removed, and never was. Looking at pics of other games, I don't see it on there, but I do sometimes catch a glimpse of pieces of it stapled near the top like mine was. Guessing it was maybe just a protector for original shipping or something? Can I just remove it?
Thanks in advance!

I used a black springy hair tie for mine. Been working fine for the past 7 years. The o ring is probably a much better and cleaner solution.

#2152 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

hi guys,
My Farfalla has started to show a weird issue recently.
It's located on the right mini-flipper that activates when it's lit and when drain on the right and hit the flipper button => it's most of the time not working or after the 5/6th try (and thus way too late to save the ball)
Same coil is reacting instantly and perfectly when in test mode
Yes I relit the save flipper by having a DT bank down between each try
The right drain roll over is working fine as well when testing.
Any idea? Looks like a delay due to a cold solder or dying component somewhere...

i've encountered a Farfalla with an issue like this before. Found out, the wrong diode was on the coil. you cannot use 1N4004's on these. They use a 1N4148. If you use a 1N4004, the coil will be randomly delayed, sometimes will work on time, sometimes several seconds after, sometimes before you even hit the button.

#2155 3 years ago

diode was the problem when this happened. React flippers do not like 1N4004's

#2157 3 years ago

Don't know, all I know is that is causes the pulse signal to move around on react flippers. Sometimes its' delayed. sometimes its spot on, sometimes it fires for you.

#2164 3 years ago
Quoted from waynej4:

Hi All,
I'm new to the Zaccaria club, having purchased a couple of machines requiring work (Locomotion and Space Shuttle).
I'm currently looking at the Locomotion, slowly working through the issues. I have a question with regards the scoring. Every time I hit the flipper buttons (left or right), the score increases by 500 points. Is this normal? Seems like it shouldn't be.
Thanks!
Wayne.

one of your button switches is gapped to close and triggering points on vibration. Check those 2 button rollovers at the top .

1 week later
#2174 3 years ago

they make double sided keys for connectors. If I run out, I used to just glue a toothpick in the extra spot on the connector.

1 week later
#2181 3 years ago

really no rebuilding kit needed. Take them apart. Clean the plunger. Clean the stop. Put in a new sleeve. Put it back together. Done.

2 weeks later
#2189 3 years ago

even works with new stars phoenix? Since the new stars board has some jumpers on it, and when I tried to put it in another game that had LED displays. the game would freak out. Same if I tried to put a normal PS in New Stars. So something is slightly different.

#2191 3 years ago

I thought they just removed the high voltage section, but it's more than that. Something else is different as well.

#2195 3 years ago

seems easy to do with a jumper specficially for New stars.

2 weeks later
#2198 3 years ago

you might want to test those boards. That's the only way you are going to get anywhere close to those prices. if they are confirmed 100% working.

#2205 3 years ago

what was hacked in the wiring? Check out the flipper wires on the plugs to the boards, make sure they are going where they are suppose to. Schematics are good at showing you alll the connectors, and what wires should be where. Make sure everything is where it suppose to be on the board side of things.

#2207 3 years ago

CN1 is always trashed. Every zac I get I have to redo the header and usually unsolder the wires directly soldered to the board and change to a molex.

2 weeks later
#2228 3 years ago

on magic castle. The bank on the left, is blue with the wizard face. The bank on the upper left is also blue with wizard face. The 3 bank above the pops is orange with stars on it, and you have a orange in the lower middle.

1 week later
#2239 3 years ago

neon looks good. i'd lose the color LED's in the back. you are losing a ton of detail in the art, turning into color mush.

#2244 3 years ago

make sure you didn't flip a cap around so the positive is the wrong way. Is it only the PS board that has the + printed wrong or do the sound boards have that issue too?

1 week later
#2259 3 years ago

yes they can be buried in clear, but the problem is, you have to scuff the playfield before you can clear. the scuff process will probably sand off the peeks and create touchup areas on the peaks of the graining. Have to be very careful when prepping. If you do not scuff before clearing. You might as well throw the field away because you will get clear randomly separating from the original clear.

#2265 3 years ago

you could have a plastic slip on cover. Similar to the plastic covers that slip on USB and HDMI connectors. Have it for the pin side as well as the G1 side. Then the person can just slip off the cover of the one they are going to use. Or create a dummy plug, to plug in that side. Molex with only 2 or 3 pins in, that hold it in place but covers all the exposed pins.

#2271 3 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

If it works I'm generally not in favour to replace boards with new ones, I don't like selling boards just for selling them, I'm more into the mood:
let's sell them when there is no other option.
As soon as I finish the Farfalla restoration I'll try the power board there
I have got enough offers for testing the power board so for the moment I close the orders for this revision, I'll ship them out in the next weeks and get feedback before proceeding with a much bigger production.
Really thanks to all of you for the continuous support.
Gianfri

I keep them on hand, when troubleshooting a new zac that comes in. That's why I like them. Especially the Mpu board because I didn't have to swap roms.

#2274 3 years ago

And you can set Free Play!

all my zacs can be set to free play anyway, because they all have davids rom images in them.

#2279 3 years ago

acid damage on the MPU board? DId you repin and redo the headers on the bottom right PS board , bottom right corner? that plug has to be completely redone.

4 weeks later
#2298 3 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

Just picked up my first Zaccaria - a terrific looking Farfalla. It is awesome looking. A couple of quick questions for the group as this pin is completely foreign to me.
1) I cannot get it to go into test mode at all.
2) The sole red insert near the ramp is badly chipped. It is odd that these are not a solid red plastic. Can I replace with the an opaque insert of the same size.
3) one of the flipper bats was replaced with a solid black bat. I saw where seigcraft made replacement translucent bats for Zaccaria pins. Anyone used them?
4) The right outhole lane flipper is not working.
5) The third and fourth digits are missing on each display. Moved the display connectors around and no change so it is not display specific. Any thoughts? I am David Gersic said ship him the CPU and a display.
6) And, a general game question. The top yellow drop targets sometime reset and sometimes they do not. Is there a specific rule about when the targets reset, or do I have another issue to address.
Super stoked to be part of this unique pin owners group.

you can replace with opaque if you want. Would give you the same effect.
David gersic makes replacement translucent bats if you need one. Since you are sending him boards anyway, buy one from him. I have used ones on hand as well that I sell.
Right lane outside flipper, might be the switch associated with that lane. Make sure that lane is lit, or the flipper won't work either. Make sure the switch sees the ball. Look at the wires on the coil. make sure those are solid as well. And the diodes on the switches are NOT 1N4004's like other games. so make sure someone didn't put one of those on the switch or your react flippers will be all over the place.
for the displays. Take the ribbon cable off of all the displays. Put the end that is normally on the last display (usually player 3), and put that on the MPU board. Put the side that is normally on the board, on one of the displays, and see if the problem goes away. If it does the ribbon cable is bad. David also sells those.

#2301 3 years ago

make sure the wires are connected to the switch on the coin door. Should be a toggle switch that has a spring in it.

Are the displays missing the same digits when it was reversed?

#2303 3 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

The toggle switch is connected with three wires. Haven't checked continuity back to the board - not sure where it connects.
Yes, same digits missing when wiring is reversed.

and the same segments are missing on all 5 displays?

#2305 3 years ago

then it's on the MPU board. The signal for that segment isn't getting sent out to the ribbon cable.

1 week later
#2308 3 years ago

there are several adjustment pots. One is for pitch, other is for speed of the voices. Adjust the other one. One of my says, it's not only bad, as well I like it like that so i leave it.

1 week later
#2312 3 years ago

yes, you can use standard flippers. I have some that I have normal flipper bats on. I think you need the thicker gottlieb style shafts.

1 month later
#2330 2 years ago

all gen 2 zacs use the same flipper coil. I think it's a 50-600 14-5000

#2332 2 years ago

most zac playfields are nice because they were clearcoated from the factory. See if BG resto has shooting the rapids on file. He may. As far as plastics. I do not have any for that game in stock.

#2334 2 years ago

I have untested Gen1 driver boards. I don't think I have sound boards. Might want to make sure you can get the cosmetic parts first to make sure you can make a complete game before jumping in on everything else.

#2336 2 years ago

what do you mean by programming trouble? like you can't get it to take settings?

#2337 2 years ago

btw, that NVram you have on your board. doesn't work. creates random glitches and lockups. You need to get rid of it. and put normal ram back in, or Brinks NVchip.

#2340 2 years ago

yup, that purple chip needs to come out and be replaced with the normal ram. You will never solve any issues until that is fixed first.

#2343 2 years ago

well, the NVrams that only use one side of the ram, always creates random problems. random switches, lock ups, coil lock ons, and random shit in general. They do not work and are unpredictable. He needs to fix that first, and then troubleshoot from there. Or he's just going to be chasing his tail.

#2345 2 years ago

yes, i read the problems, and i've had all those problems because of THAT specific NVram that you are using.

#2348 2 years ago

the problem is, that Zaccaria uses 2 rams together as a team. if you only use one ram, it causes glitches everywhere. Both the socketed and non socketed rams have to be replaced with one chip. I've never had a brinks cause errors.

2 weeks later
#2352 2 years ago
Quoted from Evel-Rider:

You were right Neo, Gianfri provided me with one of his dual ram already a few weeks ago but I only found time today to install it on the CPU.
I removed both the Pinballsolutions single NVRAM and the old original one on IC5, soldered a empty socket on IC5 and plugged in the dual NVRAM, both provided by Gianfri.
I went trough all 37 programming steps with no trouble and it works fine now, played for the last hour or so without any glitches, even played the top field a few times and watched the motorcycle spin, what a great game ! Thanks Gianfri, Neo and everyone else for helping me out, appreciate it !

yup, i've experienced this first hand on multiple games. Hence why I had a big speech about nobody should use those single socket NVrams.

#2357 2 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

I'm still not convinced
I would be more on the opinion that it was a defect on the single NVRAM but I prefer not to insist, those NVRAMs are a suffrance for me due to the annoying assembly process.

I had 4 of them. but they were not yours. Mine were from someone else, and they all sucked and did random shit. Mainly because of using only 1 ram socket.

#2366 2 years ago

I want to see more about hot fire birds. Never seen that before.

#2367 2 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

I see and listen to your feedback Captain and HHaase
Either it happens only on some specific games or I don't see why it works on my machines and why no customers even came back to me :/
Anyway, I may decide to stop selling NVRAMs in total as this is not my real business.

I never used yours, the ones that I have that I did the bitch session about , have the problems. Not sure if yours are wired the same or not. Might be more compatible with the other ram. I'd have to test yours fully to figure it out.

#2370 2 years ago

send me pics in PM or post them here. It's off topic kinda, but keeps the zaccaria thread alive anyway.

1 week later
#2388 2 years ago

soccer kings is a great. Lot going on with that one.

#2393 2 years ago
Quoted from Evel-Rider:

Friday evening project; I replaced the too bright and too short led-neon for a warm white and longer one, I’m happy the way it looks now; way better than the first attempt.[quoted image][quoted image]

looks great. Neon break on you? Lights up the backglass better than the neon did.

5 months later
#2481 2 years ago
Quoted from Trainman15148:

I have joined the Zaccaria owners club with the purchase of a Locomotion! That’s the good news. The bad news is that it’s an absolute mess.
It will sometimes start a game and most of the time, not. The switch matrix is all messed up. I have some switches not registering at all while other register three or four switches. I’ve been trying to figure out what it up with the switch matrix but it’s giving me fits. I’ve inspected all the switches and made adjustments as needed. All of the solenoids work in test mode but the don’t activate by the switches. Every once in awhile a pop bumper will fire correctly but generally not.
Sometimes the start button will advance the numbers in the programming mode and sometimes not. All the fuses all good. Looking for help and advice!

I bet it's in better shape than my locomotion was when I got it. If you never seen mine, I have a restoration thread on here, called Locomotion, a zaccaria love story.

1 week later
#2514 2 years ago
Quoted from rockwell:

On to my next issue... I'll start troubleshooting it tonight, but thought I'd ask here in case anyone has had a similar issue.
I am experiencing an issue on Farfalla where after a playing normally for a little while, the game randomly semi-shuts down. The playfield controlled lamps, displays, and coils go dead. GI stays on. And then it just stays like that. Even if I power the game off and come back and turn it back on, it stays like this.
Seems like maybe something is going on with the power driver, but not sure. Any initial thoughts?
[quoted image]

my time machine has started doing something similar. I have a feeling the PS board is getting weak voltages. Check your fuse clips. Push on each fuse. I bet one is getting fatigued.

#2516 2 years ago

and you redid the pin connector on the lower right corner? Those always have to have new headers.

#2518 2 years ago

replace that header. It's a critical common fail point. New molex, trifucate pins, and new header. It's the first thing I do on any zac I get in.

1 week later
#2525 2 years ago

did you swap the display in a different spot to see if it does the same thing?

#2528 2 years ago

i've had these do this before. this is good info to have.

#2534 2 years ago
Quoted from rockwell:

Nice one! I am going to put LEDs in mine as well. Do the Zacs accept LEDs without modification?

not in inserts. They have random flicker and sometimes don't work. but the GI's work well with white LEDs. Don't work for shit if you try to use color.

#2544 2 years ago

GI's do NOT flicker. but inserts will sometimes show random blips of light at random on some games.

3 weeks later
#2569 2 years ago
Quoted from INSATANSSEAT:

I will confirm that the Gen2 systems, at least for my Time Machine and Soccer Kings are not polyphonic. I have been playing them nearly every day for four months. The way it has to decide is only by first come first served, so it really does sound low quality sometimes. From what I have seen, Spooky has multiple sound boards. I'm only assuming this is to have the capacity to run background and voice simultaneously. I haven't seen the guts from Pool Champion, or Robot. I don't know if they have a multi board sound setup. Meldenhut This project is amazing! What an awesome way to improve the quality of the games! This also opens doors for easier re-themes if people decide to get into that.(may be a sore subject for purists )

robot uses the same sound board as Time machine, farfalla, devil riders, magic castle.

Pool champions sound board is similar to that of clown, and there isn't any speech in either game.

#2573 2 years ago

would be awesome to have a universal sound board for zaccaria. For all the changes.

2 weeks later
#2581 2 years ago

for em's , if you need things like the arm and stuff. I usually rob them from the credit unit.

#2588 2 years ago

his power board works great in devil riders. It's currently in mine and working strong.

#2614 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I think I forgot to post my interest in the upcoming sound board replacements gianfri. It seems like a complex project since so many games had different variations but one of my Spooky sound boards died completely recently. I'll keep my fingers crossed for it.
edit for clarity: I own two Spookys. Once I get this sound board fixed or replaced, I'd trade one for a Robot or maybe Zankor!

since you have two, you can swap the top sandwich and see which board your problem is on.

2 weeks later
#2633 2 years ago

you cannot turn off game time bonus on Gen 1 zacs.

#2643 2 years ago
Quoted from Numskul:

Thinking this may be a long shot, but does anybody have a ramp they would part with? Or know where to get one?
My farfalla is in desprate need of one
Thanks

I may have one. what part of the ramp do you need? it's like 3 sections.

#2655 2 years ago
Quoted from bdw85:

Do any of the Zaccaria experts know how to turn off the attract mode callouts on a Farfalla? I checked the manual and I couldn't find a setting for the attract mode sounds, only for the background sounds during gameplay.

there should be a setting for sounds. it's in the 20's somewhere. where it gives you 4 options for sounds. Attract sounds on, or off, with background sounds on or off.

#2661 2 years ago

after you fix the main line fuse. You also have to probably fix and repin the main power connector on the bottom right corner of the PS board. They are always toasty and need to be redone with new trifucate molex pins and header.

#2669 2 years ago

I have seen games with that white wire cut. What's the disadvantage to having the watchdog wire removed?

#2673 2 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

I would bet the rectifier probably died on its own. I seem to recall David G saying the rectifiers are a common failure point, especially after this long.
If the upper PF is anything like my Pinball Champ it's actually not too bad to get off. The flipper bats can be removed fairly easily and then there are 5-8 screws holding the upper PF, nothing else attached.

i think there are less screws than that. I think it's like 3 that actually hold the playfield on.

#2684 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Does anyone have a Locomotion and would be willing to tell me or record what sound plays when you turn the machine on?
I swear it makes a noise and it might be a clue regarding my unwanted noise.
Also my unwanted noise is triggered by turning game on (goes when another switch is hit like start game) then comes back when you hit a station switch.
Can anyone confirm if there's supposed to be a sound played when you get a station or is it just the bell?

yes, when you turn the game on, it makes the train swooosh hiss sound as if the steam brakes came on a train.

1 week later
#2695 2 years ago

just looked. C5 is missing on mine as well and my sound works prefectly fine.

#2697 2 years ago

i have locomotion. I think locomotion is the only one that uses that sound board. When the ball enters each station. The game makes the shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sound, like a train putting on the air brakes at the first station. Then it's just the bell for each additional station. Then the chuff sound starts up again after going through all stations.

The Shhhhhhhhhhhh sound is also when you first boot the game.

#2699 2 years ago

my clown used a rev 0 sound board, which was unique and different than Pool champion and blackbelt. In fact, until that point, David G. didn't know a rev 0 existed, and had different results when used in pool champion.

#2703 2 years ago

mine does the train stop, but it depends on the DIP settings on your sound board if you want different sounds. That hiss sound it did when the ball drained, is what mine does at each station.

#2708 2 years ago

you are going to have to dig that pin out of the socket. Maybe tweezers?

1 week later
#2726 1 year ago

yeah, I don't have extra lock brackets. It's basically a U shaped plate, with a slot cut into it, so the lock can swing over to hold the glass in.

3 weeks later
#2741 1 year ago

[quoted image]
The two left digits don't work at all. I've swapped it into different display boards so it's definitely this display at fault.
Anything I can do or do I have to replace it?

just swap it from another one that is bad. I had some bad display boards like this, and marked the bad ones with an X, so the glass can be swapped out and in. I sell them for $10 for glass with 1 glass section outgassed. but shipping to you would cost a fortune.

#2742 1 year ago

My next Zac! It's stunning!
I can't take the backglass out for some reason. Any tips?
Also is there an English manual anywhere? Ive checked ipd
[quoted image]

maybe because your backglass is taped in. once you take all 3 pieces of tape off. wiggle it from the lift channel, because the top is catching on something.

3 weeks later
#2757 1 year ago

sounds like the outhole and saucer are not registering properly.

#2759 1 year ago

maybe something on the game over relay isn't opening all the way when activating, or isn't touching when activating

#2761 1 year ago

that loop should be loose on the nub. Not tight at all. bend the loop open slightly so it's not snug.

2 weeks later
#2812 1 year ago

they should just be standard head bolts. I never put more than 1 in, if any on my zacs. Don't need more than 1. Just added security in case the hinge lock fails.

2 weeks later
#2837 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I did some research last night. I read that on some Zaccaria machines you physically have to change every setting in order to make them stick, even if it’s back to the same setting. I’ll be trying this later on today and report back.

yes, and when you get through all the settings, before you flick dip 4 back, the game over light should be lit solid and not blinking. Then you know it took.

#2847 1 year ago

he looks drunk and high. How dangerous could he be?

1 month later
#2892 1 year ago

widen your slingshot switches out farther. The back one, not the front one that touches the rubber. You have to do both.

#2894 1 year ago

I don't think slings are part of the switch test. I think they are just responsive and points. bang on the playfield in switch test and see if it goes off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhorn, WI
560 posts in this topic match your search for posts by captainneo. You are on page 2 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome/page/2?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.