player 2 (resized).jpg
player 1 (resized).jpg
high score (resized).jpg
MPU & driver boards (resized).jpg
credit ball-in-play (resized).jpg
Farfalla2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5399 (resized).jpg
IMG_5400 (resized).jpg
There are 3,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 70.
#1151 5 years ago

Just joined this morning with a very nice Magic Castle and I am just blown away by the art and quality of the game.
The ribbon cables between boards are missing
Everything else seems there
Does anyone know where I can find these ?

CB8F2EEB-6E0E-49C2-811C-8ABBD5760E3C (resized).jpegCB8F2EEB-6E0E-49C2-811C-8ABBD5760E3C (resized).jpeg
#1152 5 years ago

zaccaria-pinball.com will make you a ribbon cable that you need. He has a Magic castle as well, so he could make you even the display cable since he has one to copy.

#1153 5 years ago

Ordered thank you!

#1154 5 years ago

Some of you will love it. Most of you will hate it but here it is my full LED Farfalla.

32261AE8-B9C1-4BC7-BA70-68A8292BC9D6 (resized).jpeg32261AE8-B9C1-4BC7-BA70-68A8292BC9D6 (resized).jpeg39D960BE-2A68-4845-A418-80C4A641CACB (resized).jpeg39D960BE-2A68-4845-A418-80C4A641CACB (resized).jpeg5E9AA96F-1EDB-4543-944F-9BEEA37AD46B (resized).jpeg5E9AA96F-1EDB-4543-944F-9BEEA37AD46B (resized).jpegDA32B035-E94F-4859-8F48-868D2F47A7C0 (resized).jpegDA32B035-E94F-4859-8F48-868D2F47A7C0 (resized).jpeg
#1155 5 years ago

Just joined the club tonight with a Magic Castle. Never heard of the game til I got the lead on this example... Now I don't know if I'll ever give it up. What a phenomenal art and sound package, I love it. This one has been sitting for awhile but everything is there, clean, and mostly functional.

DSC_0844 (resized).JPGDSC_0844 (resized).JPGDSC_0847 (resized).JPGDSC_0847 (resized).JPGDSC_0849 (resized).JPGDSC_0849 (resized).JPGDSC_0854 (resized).JPGDSC_0854 (resized).JPG
#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from mantz88:

Some of you will love it. Most of you will hate it but here it is my full LED Farfalla.

As someone who is doing the exact same thing right now I like it. The varied colors on the rainbow are a no brainer I think, they look very sharp. Color matching the inserts also seems to make a lot of sense. I am debating what colors to use behind the backglass and you have given me some food for thought.

#1157 5 years ago
Quoted from mantz88:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi
I like it.

Just over question:
Which kind of bulbs have you used and any flickering problem?

#1158 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

As someone who is doing the exact same thing right now I like it. The varied colors on the rainbow are a no brainer I think, they look very sharp. Color matching the inserts also seems to make a lot of sense. I am debating what colors to use behind the backglass and you have given me some food for thought.

I might switch out the violet in her dress for some warm whites. That’s about it, it really doesn’t bother me. The blue behind the green at the top are actually color changers. The camera doesn’t show the light well. They really aren’t as direct and spotty in person.

#1159 5 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Hi
I like it.
Just over question:
Which kind of bulbs have you used and any flickering problem?

These are all comet single and 4smd LEDs with 5 of the 4” 10led strips placed in various locations. I get very minimal flickering when the pop bumpers are going off but I think that’s a short somewhere and not the LEDs.

#1160 5 years ago

Out of curiosity, what is a decent condition soccer kings worth? I dont want to sink a ton more money into it if i cant recoup at least most when i decide to sell. Id like to put in new displays and a new backglass, but thats a lot of money. Ill be keeping the game awhile though, i think ill like it once the kinks are worked out

#1161 5 years ago
Quoted from mantz88:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

some of the GI's are good. All the stuff that is colored on the top side of the playfield has to go. Inserts in color look good. Backglass is horrifying. You are losing so much art by doing this.

#1162 5 years ago

PRICE ESTIMATE
We have seen this game for sale in the Pinside Market once. The asking price was $700

So anywhere from $800-$1200 tops for a nice working one?
Its out of the enjoyment of the game that we fix and restore these games. They are great playing games that just aren't worth a lot (besides a few hard to find ones). Soccer kings, Devil Riders, Magic Castle all good cheap fun.

Quoted from amkoepfer:

Out of curiosity, what is a decent condition soccer kings worth? I dont want to sink a ton more money into it if i cant recoup at least most when i decide to sell. Id like to put in new displays and a new backglass, but thats a lot of money. Ill be keeping the game awhile though, i think ill like it once the kinks are worked out

#1163 5 years ago

Agreed. And if i think i can get 500 worth of fun out of it ill probably do the displays and backglass. Im probably under already on the game, but i really dont mind. Its my first zacc and im enjoying working on it

#1164 5 years ago

Got my flipper toppers on soccer kings. David at ulekstore custom made them to match the originals. If interested you can probably contact him for a set. They turned out great!

20181125_093134 (resized).jpg20181125_093134 (resized).jpg20181125_093140 (resized).jpg20181125_093140 (resized).jpg20181125_093149 (resized).jpg20181125_093149 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1166 5 years ago

1978 Zaccaria Ski Jump Mystery - What is this thing??

I recently bought a 1978 Zaccaria Ski Jump. It has the blue EM cabinet and all of the electro mechanical parts that would match the EM style machine. The back glass, on the other hand, looks more like the solid-state version, but it is not. The backglass is missing the yellow “credits” and “ball to play” text and the windows are in the wrong place (it has score reels). I have looked very closely for signs of alteration to the glass, but see none. My question is… Were there games that fell in between the EM and SS eras that were sort of thrown together with a hybrid factory back glass?

Any help or direction is appreciated.

file-6 (resized).jpegfile-6 (resized).jpegfile-11 (resized).jpegfile-11 (resized).jpegfile1 (resized).jpegfile1 (resized).jpeg
#1167 5 years ago

Hi
Skyjump was produced in two versions, electromechanical and electronic with a 8060 CPU board (very rare)

You have the backglass of the 8060 on an electromechanical pinball machine....

#1168 5 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Hi
Skyjump was produced in two versions, electromechanical and electronic with a 8060 CPU board (very rare)
You have the backglass of the 8060 on an electromechanical pinball machine....

I’m not sure I am understanding your comment. The backglass looks like the version that was on the solid state version at first glance but it is different. It does not have the yellow “credits” and “ball to play” text and the clear windows are in the wrong place.

The backbox has 5 reels but only 4 are visible from the front.

#1169 5 years ago

This is the EM backglass that should have been on your game. Maybe it broke in Italy at some bar and they grabbed whatever they could find...

http://www.pinrepair.com/wanted/zac_skijump.htm

Quoted from DoubleGun:

I’m not sure I am understanding your comment. The backglass looks like the version that was on the solid state version at first glance but it is different. It does not have the yellow “credits” and “ball to play” text and the clear windows are in the wrong place.
The backbox has 5 reels but only 4 are visible from the front.

#1170 5 years ago

luvthatapex2,

I agree that my machine should have the EM backglass. But mine doesn't have the SS backglass either. See the below comparison:

Mine is the backglass that shows the score reels. It shows no "Credit" or "Ball to Play" in yellow text. In fact, those windows don't even exist. Also the score window is different size and in the wrong place.

I have looked for signs of alterations but can find none.

file1 (resized).jpegfile1 (resized).jpegimage (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#1171 5 years ago

looks to me like you have the SS version and someone blacked out the credit section and added a thicker boarder to the top one.

#1172 5 years ago

Is anyone manufacturing new zaccaria flippers? Follow up, anyone have any NOS that they would like to sell? Would also be interested in lightly used.

#1173 5 years ago

dave at zaccaria-pinball.com casts red and blue flipper bats and offers the shaft.

#1174 5 years ago

Gday Zac Clubbers, a friend of mine has a House Of Diamonds... he moved a couple of displays around and one of them (player 4) stopped working and the game stopped dealing credits out.

He moved the displays back to their original position. and both issues remain.

Both credit switches seems ok, nothing obvious wrong there.

No credits mean he can’t get a game loaded. It’s bricked!

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

#1175 5 years ago
Quoted from veejay:

Gday Zac Clubbers, a friend of mine has a House Of Diamonds... he moved a couple of displays around and one of them (player 4) stopped working and the game stopped dealing credits out.
He moved the displays back to their original position. and both issues remain.
Both credit switches seems ok, nothing obvious wrong there.
No credits mean he can’t get a game loaded. It’s bricked!
Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Issue resolved. It’s an early Gen 1 game with no default settings on the CMOS chip. Battery had come loose and the settings had reset to zero... including the pricing.

Solution, check switch matrix for credit switch , proceed to settings menu (by pushing the button on the CPU board then the advance button on the coin door).

Game settings details available at Zaccaria-Pinball.com - thanks David Gersic

2 weeks later
#1176 5 years ago

Hello, Zac fans! I adopted a downed Combat and am just about finished restoring it. There's a strange behavior I'm curious about, though: The white noise "bomb" sound gets fainter the more I hit it; by the end of a game, it's practially inaudible. If I leave the game idle for awhile, though, whether on or off, it comes back to full volume.

It was like this when I got it. Since then I've capped both sides of the audio board, replaced the CMOS ICs in the beeper circuits, and tested all four identical transistors on the white noise board out of circuit. I may not have put them back in their original locations, though, which means the one that was originally reverse biased may now be somewhere in the amplification stage. Could that make a difference?

Also, is anyone reproducing Zaccaria bumper bodies and caps? Mine has blue 8-pointed Williams caps installed. They don't look out of place, honestly ("depth charges?"), but I'd rather have originals.

Thanks for any advice. I'm really impressed with this game, the kids love it!

IMG_3330 (resized).jpegIMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
#1177 5 years ago

Hi, I don't know this machine but it could be that some solder points are cold and defect and when it get warmer it works better, you could try to warm them back with some new solder.

#1178 5 years ago

Anyone have a driver board or power board for sale compatible with a devil riders?

#1179 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Anyone have a driver board or power board for sale compatible with a devil riders?

Hi,

We are producing the new driver board for G2.
I have a prototype home which works perfectly.
We just sent it for production, after we receive the PCB we will test it and probably distribute it.

If you can't find one around you can wait for the new ones.

Gianfri

1 week later
#1180 5 years ago

Hey everyone.
Just picked up my first Zaccaria pin...Time Machine!
Starting to go through it and clean things up after it's boat ride from Italy. So far it looks pretty good. Battery was corroded and looks like the chip below it may have suffered a bit...
Updates and questions to follow.

Chris

20190114_184304 (resized).jpg20190114_184304 (resized).jpg
#1181 5 years ago

Be carefull when removing that CMOS 2114 because most of the time the tracks get damaged and are broken after removal.

1 week later
#1182 5 years ago

Got to see a Devil Riders first hand today. Beautiful game.
Would love to join the club here, if/when any current owner of a nice example wants theirs to go to a good home!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/74232

#1183 5 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Got to see a Devil Riders first hand today. Beautiful game.
Would love to join the club here, if/when any current owner of a nice example wants theirs to go to a good home!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/74232

You just missed what looked to be a near HUO one in Phoenix, AZ.

I have a project pair.

#1184 5 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

You just missed what looked to be a near HUO one in Phoenix, AZ.
I have a project pair.

I know - killing me. I PMd the gentleman and it was sold just days ago. Oh well. Someone hopefully will want to pass one along in the future.
Does either of your project pair have a combination of a nice playfield, plastics and backglass components. I can live with a rough cab

2 weeks later
#1185 5 years ago

Just picked up a Devil Riders in a storage unit buy. Missing CPU board and the driver board is damaged. How is the new driver board production for G2 going?

#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I know - killing me. I PMd the gentleman and it was sold just days ago. Oh well. Someone hopefully will want to pass one along in the future.
Does either of your project pair have a combination of a nice playfield, plastics and backglass components. I can live with a rough cab

Almost have it done. I'll send some pics if I can get it running 100%

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpu-lamp-issue-on-zaccaria-devil-riders#post-4832660

#1188 5 years ago
Quoted from ourdave76:

Just picked up a Devil Riders in a storage unit buy. Missing CPU board and the driver board is damaged. How is the new driver board production for G2 going?

Hi,

The CPU is available since more than 1 year.

The new driver board for G2 is being tested right now, it should be availlable very very soon.
I'm getting the driver board next week in order to run some additional tests on my own machines.

I'll post some pictures and specs soon.

Gianfri

#1189 5 years ago

Thanks for the update. Hope the tests in your machines goes well.

#1190 5 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Hi,
The CPU is available since more than 1 year.
The new driver board for G2 is being tested right now, it should be availlable very very soon.
I'm getting the driver board next week in order to run some additional tests on my own machines.
I'll post some pictures and specs soon.
Gianfri

Great to see that this got finished. I recall at least 1-2 other attempts at this (homepin and not sure if the other one was you guys). Homepin couldn't get the boards to consistently work after assembly and abandoned this.

#1191 5 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Great to see that this got finished. I recall at least 1-2 other attempts at this (homepin and not sure if the other one was you guys). Homepin couldn't get the boards to consistently work after assembly and abandoned this.

Yes I confirm.
I took over Homepin project for a while but the board was unstable and it was very time consuming, took a lot of energies to have those boards up and running.
I thank Mike from homepin for his trust as he passed the first clone project to me.
In the meantime another parallel project was being developed and I decided to put all energies on this new one which is now a big success, no more eproms, plug and play, you can install it wherever you want just changing the dip switch settings.

The driver and the power board for G2 were on hold as the demand is not that big but now we decided to produce the driver board as we had a bit of free time after having developed the all range of LED displays for Williams systems from 3 to 11 including WPC games and DMD 128x32 and 128x16 (being tested right now)

Next in the pipe is the MPU for G1 machines:
this board has been tested for long time, lots of small details, but now it seems to be ok.
We have two prototypes running and we still need to decide if the first release will be including support for the original eproms or if we will remove them and keep only the flash rom with dip switch selection.
Still hesitating

1 week later
#1192 5 years ago

Hello,

I would like to introduce you to our little project!
Me and Han B. have built a CPU board and a driver board for ALL first-generation Zaccaria pinball machines. These boards are rebuilt, with modifications, to the original boards so that the schematics and testers can continue to be used.

Alex

CPUboard Neu 1. Gen (resized).jpgCPUboard Neu 1. Gen (resized).jpgDriverboard Neu 1. Gen (resized).jpgDriverboard Neu 1. Gen (resized).jpgNeue Platinen (resized).jpgNeue Platinen (resized).jpg
#1193 5 years ago

Dear friends,

here we are, tonight I decided to be a bit romantic while taking the video about the new Zaccaria G2 driver board.

As for the MPU, this driver board is called 1B1166/evo as it's not a replica but an evolution of the original board.
It uses modern and easy to find components and has status LEDs on power and coils outputs.

This is the revA which has been tested on a Devil Rider.

Looking forward for your comments.
Gianfri

#1194 5 years ago

Gianfri, what are thinking on cost for the driver board?

Thanks

John

#1195 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Gianfri, what are thinking on cost for the driver board?
Thanks
John

I'll send you a PM

#1196 5 years ago

wow, an updated driver board! That's really cool, great job.

#1197 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackadder:

Hello,
I would like to introduce you to our little project!
Me and Han B. have built a CPU board and a driver board for ALL first-generation Zaccaria pinball machines. These boards are rebuilt, with modifications, to the original boards so that the schematics and testers can continue to be used.
Alex
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So these are available for purchase? Are you working on the other boards for System 1 too? I'm the kind of guy that likes to replace everything on these old machines.

#1198 5 years ago

So what boards for Systems 1 & 2 are currently available for sale now, or are planning to be on sale in the future? I'm getting confused by all these one-off posts in this forum.

#1199 5 years ago

he has the Gen 2 available now. Gen 1 is in the works but not ready yet.

#1200 5 years ago

Hello,

sorry for not being clear enough.

- MPU for G2 is available since quite long time, you can already order them, there is some delay but in general we can provide it quickly.
- Driver for G2 is available since last week, I have some boards already booked and we are producing them, delay is currently around 1 month.
- MPU for G1 prototype is being tested and the RevA is going to be produced soon.
- Driver for G1 is not yet forecasted, I see that someone else has produced it so it could be a reason not to produce it, I personally don't think it's a valuable project considering the number of old machines being dismissed and the consequent number of spare parts available as second hand boards. (Please let me know your opinion on this)

Projects which could be produced:
- Power board for G2 and G1 machines (we have the project)

For swampwiz :
Replacing old boards with new boards is ok but there are some boards which are so easy to repair that sometimes it's just a pity.
MPUs normally when damaged are quite difficult to repair, but power and driver boards are still easy to repair.

Gianfri

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhorn, WI
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 70.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome/page/24?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.