Topic Stats

• 1,175 posts
  • 171 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by veejay
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 416 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).png
file1 (resized).jpeg
file1 (resized).jpeg
file-11 (resized).jpeg
file-6 (resized).jpeg
20181125_093140 (resized).jpg
20181125_093149 (resized).jpg
20181125_093134 (resized).jpg
DSC_0847 (resized).JPG
DSC_0854 (resized).JPG
DSC_0849 (resized).JPG
DSC_0844 (resized).JPG
5E9AA96F-1EDB-4543-944F-9BEEA37AD46B (resized).jpeg
39D960BE-2A68-4845-A418-80C4A641CACB (resized).jpeg
32261AE8-B9C1-4BC7-BA70-68A8292BC9D6 (resized).jpeg
DA32B035-E94F-4859-8F48-868D2F47A7C0 (resized).jpeg

There are 1175 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 24.
#1151 27 days ago

Just joined this morning with a very nice Magic Castle and I am just blown away by the art and quality of the game.
The ribbon cables between boards are missing
Everything else seems there
Does anyone know where I can find these ?

CB8F2EEB-6E0E-49C2-811C-8ABBD5760E3C (resized).jpeg
#1152 27 days ago

zaccaria-pinball.com will make you a ribbon cable that you need. He has a Magic castle as well, so he could make you even the display cable since he has one to copy.

#1153 27 days ago

Ordered thank you!

#1154 25 days ago

Some of you will love it. Most of you will hate it but here it is my full LED Farfalla.

32261AE8-B9C1-4BC7-BA70-68A8292BC9D6 (resized).jpeg39D960BE-2A68-4845-A418-80C4A641CACB (resized).jpeg5E9AA96F-1EDB-4543-944F-9BEEA37AD46B (resized).jpegDA32B035-E94F-4859-8F48-868D2F47A7C0 (resized).jpeg
#1155 25 days ago

Just joined the club tonight with a Magic Castle. Never heard of the game til I got the lead on this example... Now I don't know if I'll ever give it up. What a phenomenal art and sound package, I love it. This one has been sitting for awhile but everything is there, clean, and mostly functional.

DSC_0844 (resized).JPGDSC_0847 (resized).JPGDSC_0849 (resized).JPGDSC_0854 (resized).JPG
#1156 25 days ago
Quoted from mantz88:

Some of you will love it. Most of you will hate it but here it is my full LED Farfalla.

As someone who is doing the exact same thing right now I like it. The varied colors on the rainbow are a no brainer I think, they look very sharp. Color matching the inserts also seems to make a lot of sense. I am debating what colors to use behind the backglass and you have given me some food for thought.

#1157 25 days ago
Quoted from mantz88:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi
I like it.

Just over question:
Which kind of bulbs have you used and any flickering problem?

#1158 25 days ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

As someone who is doing the exact same thing right now I like it. The varied colors on the rainbow are a no brainer I think, they look very sharp. Color matching the inserts also seems to make a lot of sense. I am debating what colors to use behind the backglass and you have given me some food for thought.

I might switch out the violet in her dress for some warm whites. That’s about it, it really doesn’t bother me. The blue behind the green at the top are actually color changers. The camera doesn’t show the light well. They really aren’t as direct and spotty in person.

#1159 25 days ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Hi
I like it.
Just over question:
Which kind of bulbs have you used and any flickering problem?

These are all comet single and 4smd LEDs with 5 of the 4” 10led strips placed in various locations. I get very minimal flickering when the pop bumpers are going off but I think that’s a short somewhere and not the LEDs.

#1160 25 days ago

Out of curiosity, what is a decent condition soccer kings worth? I dont want to sink a ton more money into it if i cant recoup at least most when i decide to sell. Id like to put in new displays and a new backglass, but thats a lot of money. Ill be keeping the game awhile though, i think ill like it once the kinks are worked out

#1161 25 days ago
Quoted from mantz88:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

some of the GI's are good. All the stuff that is colored on the top side of the playfield has to go. Inserts in color look good. Backglass is horrifying. You are losing so much art by doing this.

#1162 25 days ago

PRICE ESTIMATE
We have seen this game for sale in the Pinside Market once. The asking price was $700

So anywhere from $800-$1200 tops for a nice working one?
Its out of the enjoyment of the game that we fix and restore these games. They are great playing games that just aren't worth a lot (besides a few hard to find ones). Soccer kings, Devil Riders, Magic Castle all good cheap fun.

Quoted from amkoepfer:

Out of curiosity, what is a decent condition soccer kings worth? I dont want to sink a ton more money into it if i cant recoup at least most when i decide to sell. Id like to put in new displays and a new backglass, but thats a lot of money. Ill be keeping the game awhile though, i think ill like it once the kinks are worked out

#1163 25 days ago

Agreed. And if i think i can get 500 worth of fun out of it ill probably do the displays and backglass. Im probably under already on the game, but i really dont mind. Its my first zacc and im enjoying working on it

#1164 20 days ago

Got my flipper toppers on soccer kings. David at ulekstore custom made them to match the originals. If interested you can probably contact him for a set. They turned out great!

20181125_093134 (resized).jpg20181125_093140 (resized).jpg20181125_093149 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1166 10 days ago

1978 Zaccaria Ski Jump Mystery - What is this thing??

I recently bought a 1978 Zaccaria Ski Jump. It has the blue EM cabinet and all of the electro mechanical parts that would match the EM style machine. The back glass, on the other hand, looks more like the solid-state version, but it is not. The backglass is missing the yellow “credits” and “ball to play” text and the windows are in the wrong place (it has score reels). I have looked very closely for signs of alteration to the glass, but see none. My question is… Were there games that fell in between the EM and SS eras that were sort of thrown together with a hybrid factory back glass?

Any help or direction is appreciated.

file-6 (resized).jpegfile-11 (resized).jpegfile1 (resized).jpeg
#1167 10 days ago

Hi
Skyjump was produced in two versions, electromechanical and electronic with a 8060 CPU board (very rare)

You have the backglass of the 8060 on an electromechanical pinball machine....

#1168 10 days ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Hi
Skyjump was produced in two versions, electromechanical and electronic with a 8060 CPU board (very rare)
You have the backglass of the 8060 on an electromechanical pinball machine....

I’m not sure I am understanding your comment. The backglass looks like the version that was on the solid state version at first glance but it is different. It does not have the yellow “credits” and “ball to play” text and the clear windows are in the wrong place.

The backbox has 5 reels but only 4 are visible from the front.

#1169 10 days ago

This is the EM backglass that should have been on your game. Maybe it broke in Italy at some bar and they grabbed whatever they could find...

http://www.pinrepair.com/wanted/zac_skijump.htm

Quoted from DoubleGun:

I’m not sure I am understanding your comment. The backglass looks like the version that was on the solid state version at first glance but it is different. It does not have the yellow “credits” and “ball to play” text and the clear windows are in the wrong place.
The backbox has 5 reels but only 4 are visible from the front.

#1170 10 days ago

luvthatapex2,

I agree that my machine should have the EM backglass. But mine doesn't have the SS backglass either. See the below comparison:

Mine is the backglass that shows the score reels. It shows no "Credit" or "Ball to Play" in yellow text. In fact, those windows don't even exist. Also the score window is different size and in the wrong place.

I have looked for signs of alterations but can find none.

file1 (resized).jpegimage (resized).png
#1171 9 days ago

looks to me like you have the SS version and someone blacked out the credit section and added a thicker boarder to the top one.

#1172 4 days ago

Is anyone manufacturing new zaccaria flippers? Follow up, anyone have any NOS that they would like to sell? Would also be interested in lightly used.

#1173 4 days ago

dave at zaccaria-pinball.com casts red and blue flipper bats and offers the shaft.

#1174 3 days ago

Gday Zac Clubbers, a friend of mine has a House Of Diamonds... he moved a couple of displays around and one of them (player 4) stopped working and the game stopped dealing credits out.

He moved the displays back to their original position. and both issues remain.

Both credit switches seems ok, nothing obvious wrong there.

No credits mean he can’t get a game loaded. It’s bricked!

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

#1175 2 days ago
Quoted from veejay:

Gday Zac Clubbers, a friend of mine has a House Of Diamonds... he moved a couple of displays around and one of them (player 4) stopped working and the game stopped dealing credits out.
He moved the displays back to their original position. and both issues remain.
Both credit switches seems ok, nothing obvious wrong there.
No credits mean he can’t get a game loaded. It’s bricked!
Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Issue resolved. It’s an early Gen 1 game with no default settings on the CMOS chip. Battery had come loose and the settings had reset to zero... including the pricing.

Solution, check switch matrix for credit switch , proceed to settings menu (by pushing the button on the CPU board then the advance button on the coin door).

Game settings details available at Zaccaria-Pinball.com - thanks David Gersic

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 22.00
There are 1175 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside