player 2 (resized).jpg
player 1 (resized).jpg
high score (resized).jpg
MPU & driver boards (resized).jpg
credit ball-in-play (resized).jpg
Farfalla2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5399 (resized).jpg
IMG_5400 (resized).jpg
There are 3,465 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 70.
#1102 5 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Thats what is confusing me. The F5 fuse is not blowing in coil test, only in the light test. Neither of which should be influenced by the left flipper coil. If i start a game with the left flipper connected, as soon as you hit the flipper it blows the fuse (which then means no coils work).

Sounds like there could be a short somewhere.

#1103 5 years ago

are all coil diodes on correctly? Also look at all the lights and see if any are close to touching something else. Maybe the flipper provides vibration enough to short something out with a lamp socket very close to something else.

#1104 5 years ago

Hey people!

Flipper coils are activated by the light test and that's why you have the blow during lights tests, there is no flipper coil active during coils test.
that's basic Zaccaria G2 knowledge

this should already explain you why fuse blows during lights and not during coils test.

flippers are activated by the two relay on the power board which are activated by the driver board during light testing, that's why you can hear a click click during lights test cycles.

Now you should be able to better troubleshoot the problem.

Gianfri

#1105 5 years ago

Sorry if this has been covered before. I just joined the club with a beautiful Time Machine. I noticed the lower right flipper bat is dragging on the pf. Luckily, no damage yet to the art. Bushing was my first thought, but it's much taller than my Williams bushings. Any replacement option? I tried to adjust the whole bat and shaft upwards to no avail. Now I'm wondering if there's too much play in the plunger link and crank. Again, substitutes? Thanks! I'm itching to play...

#1106 5 years ago

Me too!
Would like to know from the experts if any flipper rebuilt kit exist for my Farfalla or is there anything that will fit?
Were Zaccaria using other company stuff or making their own when it came down to mechanical like slings,pops and flippers ?
T.I.A.

#1107 5 years ago

Join the club tomorrow with my first zacc. A soccer king light project

#1108 5 years ago
Quoted from Andre:

Me too!
Would like to know from the experts if any flipper rebuilt kit exist for my Farfalla or is there anything that will fit?
Were Zaccaria using other company stuff or making their own when it came down to mechanical like slings,pops and flippers ?
T.I.A.

I'll probably catch some grief from the purists, but given how hard it is to find replacement parts, you can replace them entirely with more modern mechanisms.

Farfalla main flippers (resized).JPGFarfalla main flippers (resized).JPG
#1109 5 years ago

damn that look nice. Good work on the conversion.

#1110 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

all fuses test good? not just by looking? If no coils are firing under the playfield, sounds like you have fuses blown. Test with a meter, while one side is pulled out. I bet your fuse clips are shot and fatigued. You will know when you put the fuse back in and it splits wide open.

Fuses and clips are all brand new. There are plenty of coils firing. There are two pop bumpers not working in game, but honestly I think those are just old worn out parts. I’m more concerned with most of my audio being missing.

#1111 5 years ago

Picked up soccer kings, i have no flippers. During test only the goal kick flipper works. Could it be the 2 flipper relays on the power board? Very new to zac games!

#1112 5 years ago

Got the flippers working. There was 4 balls jammed in the back stopping it from fully booting. I have questions on gameplay and what is supposed to happen, i have weird things happening. Does anyone have a soccer kings that can help me to see if its correct or not?

#1113 5 years ago

soccer kings usually has only 3 balls in the back to start.

#1114 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

soccer kings usually has only 3 balls in the back to start.

I had to check this one, but according to the manual it says 4 balls go in the upperlevel goal area and one in the drain.
http://www.pinrepair.com/zac/manuals/zac2_soccerkings_man.pdf

#1115 5 years ago

So there are balls back there? Ok, now i really need to figure this out. Flippers started working once i took the balls out of there.

#1116 5 years ago

Got the flipper sorted on Robot - was a combination of misadjusted cab switch and coil that was cooked. New coil, adjust switch and all is good!

Now moving onto Stars Phoenix, i may have accidentally put CN! on power supply in the wrong place, and now displays don't work. I know its an issue on the power supply board as putting the Robot board in Start Phoenix - the displays work. There is no 170V on the dud board. TR1 2 and 3 all test differently to the working board, resistors appear to test OK, as does the bridge. Assume if i replace these 3, i might be back in business?

#1117 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I had to check this one, but according to the manual it says 4 balls go in the upperlevel goal area and one in the drain.
http://www.pinrepair.com/zac/manuals/zac2_soccerkings_man.pdf

4? I don't think it matters really. If you look at the back holding area, there is only 1 switch back there acknowledging the first ball anyway. The rest are just for speed of the kickout.

#1118 5 years ago

1 switch? Then you are right. It's a cool illusion. When I got the game I was surprised the first few times the balls shot out of the upper trough, thought there was a channel leading to it only to find the upper playfield had its own balls and main playfield ball never meet really a fun game, I miss this one a lot.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

4? I don't think it matters really. If you look at the back holding area, there is only 1 switch back there acknowledging the first ball anyway. The rest are just for speed of the kickout.

#1119 5 years ago

might be 2, but I know there isn't enough to acknowledge all the balls in there.

#1120 5 years ago

Im starting to understand how it works. Is there some sort of limit switch for the ball lift on the top left that brings the ball to the upper playfield? When it lifts it slams into the plastic above it. I also have the other lift in the center playfield and kick on goal flipper energizing every 5 seconds or so, always together.

#1121 5 years ago

the program does kick the flipper if there are balls missing in the upper, because it thinks there isn't balls up top and trying to put them back. Kind of like a balls search. But the 2 VUK's should not be firing during this. Sounds like you have a bad diode somewhere on a coil. Or one of the main coil control chips is wonky.

#1122 5 years ago

Thanks captainneo, im sure ill have more questions once i dive in more to it

#1123 5 years ago

Are the pop bumper ring and rods the same standard as all ring and rods? I put it next to a bally kiss ring and rodd and it seemed slightly longer, but it looks like it may work. This game has seen some weather so im trying to replace as many parts as i can. It looks like it will clean up nicely though

#1124 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Are the pop bumper ring and rods the same standard as all ring and rods?

Gottlieb pop bumper rings had a slightly longer rod (Marcos is out of stock though):
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16634

While working on a Gottlieb system 1 that had Bally length pop bumper rods, the pop bumpers were weak because the ring sat lower and the ball couldn't go under it enough.
If you can't get rings with the same length rods you have, you may need to fit spacers to get the rod length about right so the ring sits at normal height.

#1125 5 years ago

Thanks for all the help! Im really impressed with the way zaccarias are built. A lot of cool mechs and ideas.i cant wait to get this running!

#1126 5 years ago

Any ideas on why my outlane flippers are very slow to respond on my Farfalla? Ball rolls over switch, the game play's the audio cue but the flipper doesnt activate until the ball is already way past it. Flippers work in test.

#1127 5 years ago

Thats the outlane ballsave. You have one shot at timing it to hit the ball with the outlane flipper before it drains.

Quoted from mantz88:

Any ideas on why my outlane flippers are very slow to respond on my Farfalla? Ball rolls over switch, the game play's the audio cue but the flipper doesnt activate until the ball is already way past it. Flippers work in test.

#1128 5 years ago

Thats the outlane ballsave. You have one shot at timing it to hit the ball with the outlane flipper before it drains.

Yes but the coil isnt going active until the ball is way past the flipper. Like almost in the ball trough by the time the flipper will activate

#1129 5 years ago

take the glass off and test the outlane switch with your finger and see when the flipper gets activated. Maybe your outlane switches needs adjusting to activate quicker (less gap).

Quoted from mantz88:

Yes but the coil isnt going active until the ball is way past the flipper. Like almost in the ball trough by the time the flipper will activate

#1130 5 years ago

take the glass off and test the outlane switch with your finger and see when the flipper gets activated. Maybe your outlane switches needs adjusting to activate quicker (less gap).

The gap is pretty small. The audio cue for the outlane is happening right when the switch is hit. It's also not consistent on when the flipper activates. Out of about 30-40 games it's worked approximately 3 or 4 times. Sometimes it will activate right after its past the flipper, other times it doesnt activate until it's almost in the trough, sometimes it never activates.

#1131 5 years ago

did you rebuild those flippers? might be sticking. Rebuild them like you would a regular flipper.

#1132 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

did you rebuild those flippers? might be sticking. Rebuild them like you would a regular flipper.

Where are you getting parts for flipper rebuilds?

#1133 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Havent touched them yet aside from adjusting the switch. Guess that makes sense though.

#1134 5 years ago

coil sleeves are universal. Cleaning the plungers doesn't need parts. Grinding down any mushrooms that maybe on the plungers or stops, doesn't need parts. If you need a new link. standard b/w links work just fine. Make sure switch contacts are nice and clean by using the dremel wire brush attachment. Do not file them.

#1135 5 years ago

Parts are pretty clean. Operate smooth. Playfield and parts on this thing make it look like it’s spent a long time in someone’s home.

3E1C99B6-6C0E-4131-BB8E-89664AA2C0BA (resized).jpeg3E1C99B6-6C0E-4131-BB8E-89664AA2C0BA (resized).jpeg58F17B9E-8CDA-45C2-B274-007C418099A2 (resized).jpeg58F17B9E-8CDA-45C2-B274-007C418099A2 (resized).jpegA0A16F2F-1138-4BD2-B7EC-C9EFCDF3ABA2 (resized).jpegA0A16F2F-1138-4BD2-B7EC-C9EFCDF3ABA2 (resized).jpegB9904BE5-C324-44D2-8F9A-CB410A3129EF (resized).jpegB9904BE5-C324-44D2-8F9A-CB410A3129EF (resized).jpeg
#1136 5 years ago

I have a devil riders in the final stages of resurrection but ran across a couple issues.

upper playfield flippers do not activate but i think the ramp switches work fine, i can hear them register and the targets are active. Might be a fuse somewhere but haven't had time to investigate yet. Not super worried here, I think I can handle this one.

All the scores are only showing commas except the credit/timer display which seems to work fine. At start up I get a readout of 3 600 001 with the one blinking, is this significant?

Thanks

John

#1137 5 years ago

I had a problem with my devil riders upper flippers a long time ago when I had the game. I recall a blown fuse under the playfield and something with the relay (small cube that switches the power on to the flippers) also under the playfield.
I think the wire gate in the upper playfield triggers the relay to turn on the upper flippers. You should hear a click when the relay kicks in if it's working. I always thought it was great the upper playfield flippers were controlled and not always on except when the ball goes up there.

Can't help with the score issue. Does the game score at all? Do all 4 players coin up? Sounds like the memory is messed up which could be ram. Was there battery damage?

Quoted from ViperJelly:

I have a devil riders in the final stages of resurrection but ran across a couple issues.
upper playfield flippers do not activate but i think the ramp switches work fine, i can hear them register and the targets are active. Might be a fuse somewhere but haven't had time to investigate yet. Not super worried here, I think I can handle this one.
All the scores are only showing commas except the credit/timer display which seems to work fine. At start up I get a readout of 3 600 001 with the one blinking, is this significant?
Thanks
John

#1138 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Thanks
John

Hi John,
the most right digit blinking depends on the fact that the displays are 7 digits and the score in the memory is 13 millions and Zaccaria manages the 10 millions on a 1.000.000 display with a 1 blinking on the less significant digit of the display.

Not a problem, just run the memory program again a reset all the paramenters in order to reset all the values.

For the upper flippers try to run the lamp test from the coin door switch and push the flipper buttons in order to see if the switch on in alternance (both upper and lower flipper bats)

#1139 5 years ago

I will double check the displays but they may be trashed. Didn't work in my Farfalla so they may just be bad. Strange that all 4 would be that way. Commas seem to work though...

Relay works fine, the switches to the upper playfield are good but the only the bottom flippers will ever fire. Upper flippers do not fire in test.

Going to drop a quick line here and say that I got the new board from Gianfri and he was very helpful when I had questions. The Devil Riders was a barn find and needed quite a bit of work. Board had pretty severe battery damage and the new board got it up and running.

#1140 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I will double check the displays but they may be trashed. Didn't work in my Farfalla so they may just be bad. Strange that all 4 would be that way. Commas seem to work though...
Relay works fine, the switches to the upper playfield are good but the only the bottom flippers will ever fire. Upper flippers do not fire in test.
Going to drop a quick line here and say that I got the new board from Gianfri and he was very helpful when I had questions. The Devil Riders was a barn find and needed quite a bit of work. Board had pretty severe battery damage and the new board got it up and running.

Thanks John,

our main desire was to keep those machines alive and MPU boards were the main problem, now that we can provide new MPU boards there shouldn't be too many machine going to be disassembled because of dead MPUs.

Regarding the upper flippers not firing during lamp test (not coil test) the only place where the problem can be is the playfiend connections and the driver board.

I'm ashame because I currently don't remember which component is activating the upper flippers but...
the easiest would be to take the driver board from the Farfalla and put it in the Devil Riders and check if they work again.

Regards
Gianfri

#1141 5 years ago

I have a Space Shuttle that was bought from someone in Hungary, but it had all the stickers indicating it was released in Austria - including having an extra set of 10 ÖS coin labels (the original set were scratched out), and a Farfalla that was bought in the USA (and seemed to be released in North American as it has a NEMA plug) and had standard 25c plates.

I didn't think much of it at the time, but it seems that of the 4 coin plate brackets I have between the 2 (I mixed them up), I have the coin slots as:

1 @ 25 mm

2 @ 28.5 mm

1 @ 32 mm

Researching this, the diameter of the coins are:

AUT 10 ÖS : 26 mm

USD 25¢ : 24.3 mm

So basically the only coin that fits in the 25 mm slot is the 25¢, so this must have been used on the Farfalla. The 10 ÖS coins fit in the 28.5 mm slot, so that makes sense. But why is there not another 25 mm slot for the other 25¢. I don't recall buying another bracket - and if I did, I sure wish I could remember where I did!

#1142 5 years ago

I think I am to the point where everything is working on the Devil Riders except the upper flippers (and the displays which I am replacing). I keep thinking it must be the relay even though the relay activates when the switch is tripped (either side). The lower flippers never turn off and the upper flippers never turn on. Is there anything else that could fail on the relay or something in particular that I should check?

Thanks

John

#1143 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I think I am to the point where everything is working on the Devil Riders except the upper flippers (and the displays which I am replacing). I keep thinking it must be the relay even though the relay activates when the switch is tripped (either side). The lower flippers never turn off and the upper flippers never turn on. Is there anything else that could fail on the relay or something in particular that I should check?
Thanks
John

Did you try the Farfalla driver board on the Devil Riders?

#1144 5 years ago

Tried it. No difference. Wondering if there wiring on the relay is correct. Can someone check to see if this matches theirs?

IMG_20181116_172655 (resized).jpgIMG_20181116_172655 (resized).jpg
#1145 5 years ago

Figured id post my shop out picture. I have it 80% working. Upper flipper randomly fires, sound isnt working right, and it takes awhile for it to register upper kick drains. I have repro flipper bat toppers being made right now, will report on how they look once i get them.

20181116_162732 (resized).jpg20181116_162732 (resized).jpg
#1146 5 years ago

Just an idea to make sure the upper flippers actually work. Why not bypass the relay temporarily and hook the flippers up direct. This way you can test the flippers work and then you know fr sure it's a bad relay. That's what I ended up doing on one of my zacs (I forget, I think it was pinball champ).

Quoted from ViperJelly:

Tried it. No difference. Wondering if there wiring on the relay is correct. Can someone check to see if this matches theirs?[quoted image]

#1147 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Figured id post my shop out picture. I have it 80% working. Upper flipper randomly fires, sound isnt working right, and it takes awhile for it to register upper kick drains. I have repro flipper bat toppers being made right now, will report on how they look once i get them.
[quoted image]

make sure all 3 leaf switches are clean and adjusted correctly for the goal area. Also make sure you have 3 or 4 balls in there. Upper flipper does randomly fire if it thinks there are balls stuck in the upper field. Kind of like a ball search.

#1148 5 years ago

Ill check the leaf switches. I have 4 balls loaded in there and the switch is depressed in the trough

#1149 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

switch is depressed

Make sure it has good connectivity. Run a file or magic brush through the contacts.

#1150 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Tried it. No difference. Wondering if there wiring on the relay is correct. Can someone check to see if this matches theirs?[quoted image]

Here you have the picture:

20181117_204631 (resized).jpg20181117_204631 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,465 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 70.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome/page/23?hl=viperjelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.