283D0977-D5AB-4070-8DCF-0EEB879B86ED (resized).jpeg
RIGHT (resized).jpg
LEFT (resized).jpg
784CA593-B798-426E-880F-3F3A4E27E7C4 (resized).jpeg
AFF5AA47-5C5A-4C42-90BE-DF6A42E97989 (resized).jpeg
2181FAD8-8FEE-46E4-9662-994CFDE79636 (resized).jpeg
C4763716-D5BB-44EE-A74D-9EBE9F203676 (resized).jpeg
5BF2DBA1-A4B7-48D7-86C5-43BD2A413E44 (resized).jpeg

There are 2445 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 49.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

That is what we should be importing on these containers, not the shitty Big Hurts, Mavericks, and other such titles (no offense to those who love those games). We need more Zacs, some Jolly Parks, shit like that!

A guy in Australia was getting a lot of these in his containers, he even ended up importing a whole container of them. Homepin makes new boards for the SS ones to keep them going. http://www.homepin.com/zacmpu.html

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Joeplainfield:

Here's my Spooky. Have to step up the voltage as it's a 240V machine. No multitaps on the transformer on this one.

Spooky front-834.jpg 212 KB

Loving that pin!~SpOoKy

#53 7 years ago

Has anyone ever seen a proto Time Machine with a spinning head in the circle of lights in the BG?!? Just wondering as IPDB mentioned it. Don't know if this may have been a 'one-off' or something but it kinda sounds cool.~SpOoKy

1 week later
#55 7 years ago

My Zac (Aerobatics) was a garage sale find. I just did a simple shop job and a couple of minor fixes, it was in pretty great shape already. I'm a huge fan of five ball games, especially on EMs and early solid states, however I found this game to be more fun on three balls per game.

Gameroom-40.jpg Gameroom-50.jpg
#56 7 years ago

Very nice looking pin in a classic lineup! Thanks for sharing. All kinds of rare and cool Zaccaria stuff flowing here.~SpOoKy

#58 7 years ago

Noooooo.... saw that pic on Davids site, why did it go away?~SpOoKy

#59 7 years ago

Sold everything off after that years expo. One day I will get it all back.

#60 7 years ago

Nice!~SpOoKy

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I miss my line up

welcome.jpg 75 KB

Did you even play any of those? Didn't think you had them long enough to play.

#62 7 years ago

Yep had them for a year. some a little longer.

1 month later
#63 7 years ago

I've got a devil riders and a spooky.
Nice pins.

#64 7 years ago

I've been collecting Gen2's for a few years now,2 Clowns,2 Robots,Farfalla,Time Machine,Soccer Kings ,Magic Castle,Pinball Champ and a truck load of spares

#65 7 years ago

I just started working on a House of diamonds and was wondering :

Do I need this board for setup or is there a default setting on these gen 1 games

1B1149 "Flipper Programming" Board"

#66 7 years ago

I have a Farfalla . Here is a video i did while ago. I pit in coloured LEDS, as the inserts are all white.

#67 7 years ago

Nice! Thanks for sharing! That looks awesome! Should have something up soon of my Time Machine ....~SpOoKy

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I miss my line up

welcome.jpg 75 KB

Nice line up David, i can see why you would want them back. They are very solid games, with unique game play and innovation for an 80s pinball.

Thank you David also for the help you gave me to sort out some issues i had with my game. I also bought some parts from you.

#69 7 years ago

I have a chance to buy a Circus locally. The backglass is gone, but is replaced with a really cool custom backglass. I'm skittish about owning another EM...

1 week later
#70 7 years ago

Just so there isn't any confusion, GAP is not David. GAP is Mike, and that was his shipment of games. David uses that pic on his site because of the nice lineup of Zacs.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

It's not a pinball machine, but I do have a Zaccaria video cab. Currently has one of those Gamesfamily boards in it.

16841_1311986407856_7782117_n.jp... 26 KB

It's now gone, swapped it for a Stern Dracula, do miss it's awesome looking artwork.

1 week later
#72 7 years ago

Magic Castle Just dropped off from the truck. PIctures to follow.

Btw, If anyone has an extra Coin door bezel (zaccaria logo molded in it) that you can sell or trade for other zac parts let me know. I need 2 of them. I was going to repo them, but it might be too difficult due to the 3 threaded posts.

#73 7 years ago

Here is my recent addition to my Zaccaria collection. I think this makes number 7 for me so far.

magic castle 003.jpg magic castle 001.jpg magic castle 002.jpg
#74 7 years ago

That rocks captain! Thanks for sharing. Just got my Time Machine up n running. Photos to come.~SpOoKy (Vacula!)

#75 7 years ago

btw, I am working on remaking the TM ramps. But i'm going to improve the design and durability of them. Since everyones is blown out.

#76 7 years ago

Nice pickup. That Magic Castle and Spooky are wonderful to look at, really striking pop art. How much does a Magic Castle run you on average, or Spooky, for that matter? Or is it a case of "If you have to ask"?

#77 7 years ago

Grabbed a project Devil Riders as my first. Powers up and neon and gi come on but that's it. Is needing the front back glass and the plastic coin door housing if anyone has an extra or knows where to find one.

Did hear someone may have made a decal that could be used on a sheet of glass to make the front back glass but haven't been able to find one.....anyone know if that is true?

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

btw, I am working on remaking the TM ramps. But i'm going to improve the design and durability of them. Since everyones is blown out.

Nice! I could use a new one as well. Mine is bashed in at the entrance. Tough shot to make. ~SpOoKy

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Grabbed a project Devil Riders as my first. Powers up and neon and gi come on but that's it. Is needing the front back glass and the plastic coin door housing if anyone has an extra or knows where to find one.
Did hear someone may have made a decal that could be used on a sheet of glass to make the front back glass but haven't been able to find one.....anyone know if that is true?

Years ago, a number of us tried to make reproduceable translites of the backglasses for people missing the backglass entirely. Here is the collection hosted on Davids site.

http://zaccaria-pinball.com/repro/frank/index.html

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Years ago, a number of us tried to make reproduceable translites of the backglasses for people missing the backglass entirely. Here is the collection hosted on Davids site.
http://zaccaria-pinball.com/repro/frank/index.html

cool...did anyone have good results? What process do you guys use to make the translates?

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

cool...did anyone have good results? What process do you guys use to make the translates?

look at the link on the bottom. You;ll see how I did the Robot backglass that Neo now owns

#82 7 years ago

I'm working on repoing Robot backglasses, and then will be working to Magic castle. Devil Riders is tricky because it has mirroring. And I don't think any of my backglass makers can do the Mirroring.

As for Magic castle pricing. I've seen them anywhere from $500-3000. It's a very big range. Seems to be with all zacs these days.

And for the coin door bezel. Again, this is something i'm looking into, but it's a very tricky part. Has to be cast. I would like to make the out of metal like williams did, so they don't break anymore, but they would be expensive.

#83 7 years ago

Just picked up our first Zaccaria pin 2 weeks agowq1.jpg

wq2.jpg

#84 7 years ago

is there a slingshot up to the right of the pops? Zac really like to sneak slingshots in that upper area. I seen the 1 player backglass for this, didn't know they made a 4 player version. Looks great.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

is there a slingshot up to the right of the pops? Zac really like to sneak slingshots in that upper area.

Yes secret slings everywhere on these machines

#87 7 years ago

Yeah I was thinking Farfalla too. Real nice looking pin. I've learned so much about Zac pins in this post.~SpOoKy

1 week later
#88 7 years ago

So is "Spooky"thee holy grail of Zaccaria pins? Seems like the most commonly found one here in the states seems to be Devil Riders, at least from what I've seen. CaptainNeo... Care to chine in on what's thee most rare and what's more easily found? ~SpOoKy

#89 7 years ago

Probably the 2 most common ones in Australia are Clown and Farfalla

#90 7 years ago

Thanks Gibo! Good to see what's in your " neck of the woods" as well. Have never seen a Clown fs here in the states. ~SpOoKy

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'm working on repoing Robot backglasses, and then will be working to Magic castle. Devil Riders is tricky because it has mirroring. And I don't think any of my backglass makers can do the Mirroring.
As for Magic castle pricing. I've seen them anywhere from $500-3000. It's a very big range. Seems to be with all zacs these days.
And for the coin door bezel. Again, this is something i'm looking into, but it's a very tricky part. Has to be cast. I would like to make the out of metal like williams did, so they don't break anymore, but they would be expensive.

I would be interested in a Magic Castle if you do them - I could use one.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

So is "Spooky"thee holy grail of Zaccaria pins? Seems like the most commonly found one here in the states seems to be Devil Riders, at least from what I've seen. CaptainNeo... Care to chine in on what's thee most rare and what's more easily found? ~Spooky

In PA, the most common zacs are devil riders and pinball champ. Farfalla and magic castle are common games. The hardest to find games are spooky and Zankor. 8 years ago I had 9 generation 2 zacs in my home and several more i tried and sold. There are also a bunch of generation 1 games, but I didnt find them as fun ( although I really like Stargod)

#93 7 years ago

I have to disagree. I think Farfalla is the most common out of all of them. I've seen so many farfallas for sale over the years. Devil riders and soccer kings are very popular as well.

Magic castle, not so much. I've seen plenty of time machines. One i have now is my 3rd i've owned.

Rare ones are, Spooky, Robot, Zarkor and new stars phoenix. Technically, any of them are rare when your actually looking for one.

#94 7 years ago

btw, if anyone knows what company/factory did the williams metal bezels for the early SS coin doors, I'd like to know. I may hire that factory to do metal zac versions. I know they have the tooling to pull it off then.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Rare ones are, Spooky, Robot, Zarkor and new Stars Phoenix. Technically, any of them are rare when your actually looking for one

Interesting. While Spooky, Zarkor and new Stars Phoenix are indeed rare in France, Robot is not.

A (relatively) rare and good Zac is blackbelt. Owned one, sold it... and want it back.

Based on artwork, my favorite one are Locomotion and Farfalla. I love Pinball Champ for its gameplay.

The one I would like to play now is Magic Castle.

#96 7 years ago

All great info for collectors, thanks guys!~SpOoKy

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Interesting. While Spooky, Zarkor and new Stars Phoenix are indeed rare in France, Robot is not.
A (relatively) rare and good Zac is Blackbelt. Owned one, sold it... and want it back.
Based on artwork, my favorite one are Locomotion and Farfalla. I love Pinball Champ for its gameplay.
The one I would like to play now is Magic Castle.

Blackbelt is actually kind of common here. I've seen many, and I agree I like it as well and will buy one soon. I'm currently restoring a locomotion so I hope it's fun. Pinball champ doesn't look the greatest, but I love the gameplay as well. Had one, but had to sell it due to space and money at the time. Never played one and sold it before I had a chance to play it. Luckily. Because after I put some time on it, I would have kept it.

#98 7 years ago

That surprises me since we both like Robot and Farfalla. I couldn't wait for Blackbelt and Time Machine to leave the garage. The other 11 gen2 games were way more fun to play (Although I never owned Spooky).

Pinball Champ is one of the top zacs I owned, along with Magic Castle, Farfalla and Soccer Kings. The rest were very close in fun factor.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Blackbelt is actually kind of common here. I've seen many, and I agree I like it as well and will buy one soon. I'm currently restoring a locomotion so I hope it's fun. Pinball Champ doesn't look the greatest, but I love the gameplay as well. Had one, but had to sell it due to space and money at the time. Never played one and sold it before I had a chance to play it. Luckily. Because after I put some time on it, I would have kept it.

#99 7 years ago

I think Time Machine is OK in a mid-size collection. Kinda' think of it as my pretty "gimic" pin. In a small collection it might get stale fast. I think next I'm after a Farfalla. Just love that kookie' Woodstock style artwork!~SpOoKy

#100 7 years ago

In my short time collecting Zaccaria's, I've seen more Devil Riders than any other Zac pin here in the southeast. Farfalla is next most common in my sphere. I currently have 7 Zacs.

I also am trying to build a complete collection of Zac Generation-2 games, though I have one Gen-1, which I love-- Star God. I also wouldn't mind having at least one Zac EM! Something about these machines really gets me.

I played Dave Gersic's Blackbelt at Expo a few years ago and fell in love. Ditto the Magic Castle at PAPA. I've heard that only 50 Zankor's were ever made, and only about 100 Spooky's. Any one heard similar numbers?

There are 2445 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 49.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside