player 2 (resized).jpg
player 1 (resized).jpg
high score (resized).jpg
MPU & driver boards (resized).jpg
credit ball-in-play (resized).jpg
Farfalla2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5399 (resized).jpg
IMG_5400 (resized).jpg
There are 3,454 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 70.
#901 6 years ago

As a result of a collaboration between gianfri and Homepin it's now possible to resurrect Zaccaria G2s with dead MPU boards, or to keep a spare.

Get those mothballed beauties working.

IMG_20171012_192848 (resized).jpgIMG_20171012_192848 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#902 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Found a guy who's gonna fix it up

Does anyone have the drawings for this machine? Got it some what working but not perfected.

Thx in advance

#903 6 years ago

don't turn the home strike into a virtual pin. If you want. I have a nice empty Strike original cabinet I'll give you in place.

#904 6 years ago

Trying to keep it original. But can't find schematics for it....it's my first pinball machine.

#905 6 years ago

it's an EM so it should be pretty straight forward.

#906 6 years ago

Found my problem. Every time this thing moves up and down the plastic piece moves and slides inward toward coil. Then the fingers of the points pop out, leaving the score reel plungers stuck inward. Then the big hum . Sorry I'm green don't even know if I'm posting in correct section. Posted before and after pics.

20171023_202846 (resized).jpg20171023_202846 (resized).jpg

20171023_203328 (resized).jpg20171023_203328 (resized).jpg

#907 6 years ago

those blades should not be popping out. You might need to straighten them more so they can't fall out. You want them to barely touch the top of their slot, so as soon as the panel is pulled down, the action starts. When fully pulled down, it should move the bottom blade ever so slightly. You don't want them to just kiss each other. Needs to push a little beyond the kiss point, so it self cleans.

#908 6 years ago

Took it apart. Found a what looks like a brass rivet on top of the plastic some what loose. Fixed rivet now the plastic doesn't bend. Machine works great now. Now it's time to start a collection on machines. Thx for all the help. The videos and the presentation on how em and schematics is awesome reading....once again thx!!!

20171023_202846 (resized).jpg20171023_202846 (resized).jpg

#909 6 years ago

Working on a Dirt Devil Riders pinball machine. The game will only boot when connector 11 is disconnected on the mpu.

What would cause this I have no idea..

#910 6 years ago

one of the coils is bringing the voltage down. Might be wired wrong.

1 week later
#911 6 years ago

Q: What type of coin mech can I use on my supersonic?

#913 6 years ago

Anyone has some tips
Pool champion : flippers flip when you switch machine on but have not started a game yet?
Can not start a game

Also no sound whatsoever

All worked before till I moved it

#914 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Anyone has some tips
Pool champion : flippers flip when you switch machine on but have not started a game yet?
Can not start a game
Also no sound whatsoever
All worked before till I moved it

reseat all the connectors (especially ribbon cables). If that doesn't work. then I start with the plug in the bottom right corner of the PS board. Check all voltages. Turn it off, plug it in, take off all plugs along the left side of the PS board. Check my voltages going to the MPU and driver board. If those check out. Plug those in and remove the MPU and driver board plugs and check those plugs. Keep doing that until you see the drop. Also, try flipping the ribbon cables around.

#915 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

reseat all the connectors (especially ribbon cables). If that doesn't work. then I start with the plug in the bottom right corner of the PS board. Check all voltages. Turn it off, plug it in, take off all plugs along the left side of the PS board. Check my voltages going to the MPU and driver board. If those check out. Plug those in and remove the MPU and driver board plugs and check those plugs. Keep doing that until you see the drop. Also, try flipping the ribbon cables around.

Thanks Neo
Much appreciated

#916 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

one of the coils is bringing the voltage down. Might be wired wrong.

3081 ic.....

1 week later
#917 6 years ago

I have an issue with my Farfalla. When I bought it the displays were working correctly but now the upper left one is showing 11111111 when I start it up. Switch hits will just add to the value going from 111111111 to 111111311 etc. When I go into the display diagnostics is goes from 1111111 to 333333 to 55555 777777 9999999 but skips the even ones. All the other displays work fine.

#918 6 years ago

I've had issues like this before with displays. One of the chips might be bad on the display board itself. To eliminate the ribbon cable. Move it to the player 2 spot and see if it continues (which i'm pretty sure it will) but that will make sure it's not your ribbon cable.

1 month later
#919 6 years ago

Hi,
Can someone that owns a Pinball Champ(seven digit display) take a photo of their power supply board.In particular I need a photo of the CN4 plug and the wires on that plug.The machine I have has a brown wire out of the connector and the schematics that I've seen don't match what I'm looking at on my game,thanks a lot.The picture attached is of my machine.

IMG_3603 (resized).JPGIMG_3603 (resized).JPG

#920 6 years ago

3BE142FF-3D98-4A05-8C50-EDA98AEEC950 (resized).jpeg3BE142FF-3D98-4A05-8C50-EDA98AEEC950 (resized).jpeg

#921 6 years ago

thanks a lot.

#922 6 years ago

I have been looking for a Supersonic if anyone has one for sale or if you have any leads. I would be interested in other Zaccaria pin themes.

1 week later
#923 6 years ago

Can anyone let me know which flipper rebuild kit I should be purchasing for Zaccaria EM (1977 -Supersonic)?

#924 6 years ago

Btw, the schematics are always wrong with CN4. ALways shows 2 wires and I have yet to see 2 wires ever on it.

1 week later
#925 6 years ago

Im having a replacement sound board for my 1977 Supersonic made up from specs at Zaccaria-Pinball and the tech who is building it is having a small batch of extra boards printed at the same time and he intends on creating a few extras. If you’d like a replacement sound board please let me know ASAP. They are $200 USD which will include delivery from Australia.

#926 6 years ago

That’s funny I’m going to do the same thing! I’m getting an Aerobatics 1977 that is missing both the sound and flasher board. So I’m gonna have my combat boards copied.
I’m going to ask if different sounds could be put in (like a true chime sound)
I’ll see what they come up with for a price

#928 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they don't use the same sound boards?

I'm sure they do... I still want to see what my board guy can do, especially if other tone options are a possibility.
Besides, I need the flasher board under the playfield too anyway, so I might as well get a quote for both.

Not that i'm against buying a board from @veejay, I just want to see their quote first.

#929 6 years ago

gotcha. I wonder why those boards are missing?

#930 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

wonder why those boards are missing?

My only guess is someone robbed the boards for another game rather than trying to repair.

On another note. Check this out!
Another unobtainium Zaccaria part solved.
Using waterslide decals for the pop rings and stencils for the caps.

35F9C8FF-3B5B-421D-895A-E79D75BF7F73 (resized).jpeg35F9C8FF-3B5B-421D-895A-E79D75BF7F73 (resized).jpeg

54ED1F8E-5847-46E9-A865-5F39F7BCCF66 (resized).jpeg54ED1F8E-5847-46E9-A865-5F39F7BCCF66 (resized).jpeg

#931 6 years ago

It's fun to see these obscure Euro pins, even more obscure than the Zacc ones. I had the opportunity to buy an 80s Spanish machine for $100(forgot what it was, made in '86, boring pf), but now I regret passing up on it.

I would love a MAC Attack, but only if it had that cool proprietary cab.

#932 6 years ago

how are you getting such crisp lines with the stencils? I've tried those frameless screens before, but the screening is so thick, it leaves distorted edges.

#933 6 years ago

I will post pics of completed bodies and caps soon.

#934 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how are you getting such crisp lines with the stencils?

Yeah, I've tried painting Gottlieb ones and I have serious adhesion issues with the paint and the lines aren't crisp. I ended up just using vinyl. I'd like to know the secret.

#935 6 years ago

Hi Zaccaria lovers,

from time to time I pass by to see what is going on with Zaccaria pinballs and to post some news.

A funny thing happened this month, I have several Zaccaria machines home to be restored, one of the last ones was an EM Circus pinball machine which I bought by accident (let's call it compulsive acquisition).
The machine was in very bad conditions and I finally decided that one EM machine home was enough so I decided to sell the Circus and keep the Universe I have since longer but not working correctly.

The guy who came to pick the Circus up is an expert in EM machines and when I told him I was suffering with the Universe he proposed to have a look.
After 3 minutes my Universe was up and running again

I don't have a picture to post but I'll do it later this week.

Now a little news on the Zaccaria MPUs for G2 machines:

We have produced a new CPU/MPU which has been called 1B1165/evo, revA has been tested successfully and the revB has just been produced.

What's new with it?
This MPU used modern components and it's a completely new project, not a clone of the original MPU.
Embedded flash rom with all the original game roms;
One board can be used on all the G2 Zaccaria pinball machines without replacing the eproms;
Easily select the game rom using a dip switch;
Compatible with the old eproms;
Status LEDs on board;
etc. etc.

I publish here a picture and the testing video

20180115_094810 (resized).jpg20180115_094810 (resized).jpg

gianfri

#936 6 years ago

Been thinking about selling my magic castle. It’s in good shape but has a repro back glass. What would you think current market value would be?

2 weeks later
#937 6 years ago

Went to go tirn on magic castle today and had a ton of issues. All the displays read 2222222, the only solenoids working are the flippers and outhole kicker, and after a few the Dracula get will lock open. Not too sure what’s going on with it. I think it’s time to send the mpu out for repair.

#938 6 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Went to go tirn on magic castle today and had a ton of issues. All the displays read 2222222, the only solenoids working are the flippers and outhole kicker, and after a few the Dracula get will lock open. Not too sure what’s going on with it. I think it’s time to send the mpu out for repair.

Yes
I think the CPU needs some repair.

#939 6 years ago

try ribbon cables first. Swap them with another zac game first. Might be something simple. Then I would check the voltages coming out of the PS board. Also check for AC ripple.

#941 6 years ago

Anyone have or know someone who has the earliest Zaccaria EMs Tropical, Granada, and Top Hand?

I would love to own a Zaccaria! Moonflight and Woods Queen look top notch to me

Really great thread thank you all for sharing

#942 6 years ago

Ok so did some messing around with the game switching out ribbon cables and differ t things out. I found no difference in the cables. However. I did try to take out the Pinitech nvram and put in the original 2114 ram chip in IC4. The solenoids didn’t act crazy and started up like it should have. I went into the diagnostics and changed everything as best as I could to see if it would do anything. I rebooted the game, and this is the first time I have ever seen a solid game over light which I believe is a good thing.

Now I have more issues. When I went into the service menu, I can’t see anything in there correctly because of the display issues. But I tried to change stuff to see what it would do in terms of memory and whatnot. Now I can’t add credits to the game or start a game. It’s dofficikt to see whats going on because of the display.

Here is a picture of what the displays are doing. It’s weord because they worked fine up until I started having these problems. I tried good cables and it didn’t change anything so not exactly sure what’s going on here. I think if I can get these fixed, my game will function like it should.

541F134A-68DE-4DEA-8DB2-9D7A7453F229 (resized).jpeg541F134A-68DE-4DEA-8DB2-9D7A7453F229 (resized).jpeg

#943 6 years ago

Does it go into teat mode when you try to start a game? Test mode as in display test mode cycling all 1’s then 2’s then 3’s and so on

#944 6 years ago

Currently will not start a game. But I think it’s because I moved setting around blindly.

#945 6 years ago

Right. What I’m saying is that if the game actually boots, when you try to start a game, does it immediately go into test mode?

#946 6 years ago

No. Nothing happens. Cannot add credits either

#947 6 years ago

I think if I can see what’s going on in the diagnostics I can get the game working correctly. It’s just figuring out what happened to the displays

#948 6 years ago

what happens when you put dip switch 4 to on, on the MPU board? does it make the beeping noise and the tilt/gameover lights flash?

#950 6 years ago

could just be the sound board isn't working. Go through all the diagnostics and reset all the audits, and change all the settings. Get to the end and turn off switch 4 and see if you can get it to start a game.

How did the voltages look going into the PS board. (unplug and check the bottom right corner plug). Then the upper left plug board pins and check outgoing voltage.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,454 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 70.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome/page/19?hl=thc666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.