245913889_918581865414739_5852051395825042657_n (resized).jpg
245972030_899443294329329_6460410288633316623_n (resized).jpg
245525218_366675928574454_6141771762566172767_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpg
IMG_0784 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 4.37.40 PM (resized).png
2BA492F7-089D-42FE-9B06-8EC730A2A38F (resized).jpeg
F8E7E8C3-0F9B-4527-B4AC-CC06B440B3E7 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 51.
#851 4 years ago

So what are my options for rebuilding flipper mechs? I just got the game back up on legs from TPF...would like to fix it soonish and while I can possibly grind down a mushroomed coil stop, I probably need to at least replace the sleeve and spring. Surely there's equivalent parts out there?

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I wonder if the ram has corruption in them. Have you gone through settings and set everything? If not should try it.
Remember, you have to turn dip switch 4 to on first. When going through all the settings. Change every single one of them before going to the next one. Even if you are keeping the setting the same, go around and come back to the number you want. Clear out all audits (hold down the start button for 4 seconds until all displays say 0. Audits are setting 6-9 or 6-10 (if magic castle or later)..
Try that and see if everything starts working again.

I finally had a chance to go through all this. Nothing changed. And I also found out that it isn't saving memory. So what am I looking at to repair?

1 week later
#853 4 years ago

Can I use a gen 1 Leon test ROM on a gen 2 game ???

#854 4 years ago
Quoted from Flyer666:

Can I use a gen 1 Leon test ROM on a gen 2 game ???

no, you need the Gen 2 rom which is a 2764 eprom

2 weeks later
#855 4 years ago

Clown and Pool champion showed up for the collection. Both are shopped out and playing. Pool champion still has the sound out, but clown is fully up and running.

My gen 2 Collection is almost complete. Only 2 more to go, and I have a full set. (mexico 86 and Blackbelt). One is fairly common in Europe, the other is fairly common here. Except the people in europe don't like to ship overseas. Or at all it seems. Found 6 mexico 86's and nobody will ship, even within the continent. :/

zaccaria collection copy (resized).jpg

IMG_8345 (resized).JPG

IMG_8346 (resized).JPG

#856 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Clown and Pool champion showed up for the collection. Both are shopped out and playing. Pool champion still has the sound out, but clown is fully up and running.
My gen 2 Collection is almost complete. Only 2 more to go, and I have a full set. (mexico 86 and Blackbelt). One is fairly common in Europe, the other is fairly common here. Except the people in europe don't like to ship overseas. Or at all it seems. Found 6 mexico 86's and nobody will ship, even within the continent. :/

That clown is the scariest, freakiest clown ever! lol

#857 4 years ago

SO I was working on changing my coin door bezels out, as I always have ones redone with the chrome, and swap them with the new games I have coming in which always look like ass. Well the bezel on clown, had the threaded screws come out of the bezel itself. I've never seen this before. I realized they are just regular screws glued to the inside molding of the bezel.

zaccaria bezel screws (5) (resized).jpg

zaccaria bezel screws (4) (resized).jpg

zaccaria bezel screws (3) (resized).jpg

#858 4 years ago

They were working on a budget.

#859 4 years ago

Good work Neo!

Quoted from TK2012:

They were working on a budget.

Actually Zaccaria left the businnes few years after, and slowly all the other brands...

#860 4 years ago

it's the way all of them are made through the years. Zac uses the same bezel on all their games. Just wish they were metal like williams, because many of them are cracked and blown out.

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Let me know where it is and I will get it and shipped to you

Drop me a pm

#862 4 years ago

Does anybody have the game World Defender by Bell Games??? I need a backglass. Or at least some good high-res pictures of the backglass. World Defender is essentially a Zaccaria (it uses Zac parts), though it's made by Bell Games. Please email me if you can help... thanks! [email protected]

#864 4 years ago

Please does anyone own a Bell Games World Defender????

zac_test (resized).jpg

#865 4 years ago

says world defender uses Bally boards, and looks almost like alien poker.

#866 4 years ago

This is the fancier test bench I have ever seen

2 weeks later
#867 4 years ago

Does anyone know where i can get 6514 and 2114 ics in North America

Tks

#868 4 years ago

ebay is a good bet for those chips

3 weeks later
#869 4 years ago

Does anyone have a Mr. Game Zaccaria Fast Track? I have one and it's working, but one of the CPU board 2764 EPROM images is bad. I read it on my EPROM programmer and get a different checksum each time. Game plays but crashes here and there. So the EPROM needs to be changed. I know this is a rare game, pre-dates Mr. Game Motor Show. Would really like it to work correctly.... Direct emails please....
[email protected]

zac_fasttrack1 (resized).jpg

zac_fasttrack2 (resized).jpg

#870 4 years ago

Got an email from a guy that suggested using freeze spray on the EPROM (ic13) in question to "settle it down" and get a consistent read on the EPROM programmer. I froze it really cold, and it didn't work. but as it warmed up, it hit a temperature where i was getting consistent reads with the same chksum. Saved it and re-burned to a new 2764. Also burned a new 2764 for ic14 (if one EPROM was suspect, how long to the other is "bad"?) I will report back with the results.
Also someone else suggested trying Motor Show EPROMs on the CPU board. The difference between Motor Show and Fast Track (besides the cabinet) is color versus black and white (green screen), respectively. Otherwise it's supposed to be the same game. I will try the Motor Show cpu EPROMs too and report back.
I think these games with 9" monitors integrated into the game are very new wave and ground breaking. It took Stern until 2016 to make a game with a video monitor. Here Zaccaria was doing it nearly 30 years earlier!!

Added over 4 years ago: correction 27256 EPROMs (not 2764)

#871 4 years ago

Unfortunately no love. The new Fastrack ic13 EPROM does not run at all. That is I cannot copy the original flakey IC13 EPROM. Motor show ROMs do run, but there's no video. Because the video board is different for the black-and-white Fast Track monitor versus the Motor Show color monitor, they don't interface. That is the software sends different signals to the video boards since the video boards are different between the two games.

So I'm right back to needing eprom images for Mr. Game Zaccaria Fast Track. Ic13 would be awesome. Ic13 and ic14 would be even better. PLEASE does someone have this game?????
Thanks
[email protected]

#872 4 years ago

I seem to recall Mike Pacak has a FAST TRACK. I believe it works, as I inquired about purchasing the game a while back. Might check with him and take a road trip....

#873 4 years ago

The game I have came from mike pacak.

1 week later
#874 4 years ago

The 1985 Bell (Zaccaria) World Defender is ready! at our last pinball show, a vender had a bunch of import playfields for sale (lots of Zaccaria stuff). One was this playfield. It was only the playfield and plastics. No mechanisms, no cabinet, no wiring harness, nothing. He gave us the playfield and we researched it and popluated the playfield. It was a conversion game (from Bally -35), so we could get the boards and cabinet. Just had to make a wiring harness and lamp assembly and get a backglass (which we got from Europe!) Now the game is complete, and frankly, it's pretty awesome!! Unique game play and sound (custom ROM for a Bally "cheap squeak" board and -35 MPU board), and a cool playfield layout. Add to that, it's probably the ONLY World Defender in North America! I really feel like we saved it!

zac_worlddefender1 (resized).jpg

zac_worlddefender2 (resized).jpg

#875 4 years ago

I started working on Magic Castle again and have numerous problems. I was doing some reading a found out that my IC4 chip had a 2114 in it as well as a little corrosion on the chip holder. I looked into replaced for the correct chip and found that Pinitech makes a NVRAM for the gen2, bought one and put it in as well as replaced the holder. They game held memory for a few but went back to defaults. Also all coils will engergize and blow F5 fuse. This doesn't happen every time I turn it on though. If I disconnect a ribbon cable form the CPU it will boot just fine. But if all of them are connected it is more likely that there will be an error and blow F5.

Also when I go into audits and I switch dipswitch 4 on, I do not get the binging noise. There is also no noise when I add credits. The other thing I found is that if there is credits on the game and I turn it off, the credits reset. And finally, when I go into display tests all but one display cycle through the numbers. One of them stays at 00000000. Could this be why when a game is started, there is no blinking display to indicate what player is up?

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I started working on Magic Castle again and have numerous problems. I was doing some reading a found out that my IC4 chip had a 2114 in it as well as a little corrosion on the chip holder. I looked into replaced for the correct chip and found that Pinitech makes a NVRAM for the gen2, bought one and put it in as well as replaced the holder. They game held memory for a few but went back to defaults. Also all coils will engergize and blow F5 fuse. This doesn't happen every time I turn it on though. If I disconnect a ribbon cable form the CPU it will boot just fine. But if all of them are connected it is more likely that there will be an error and blow F5.
Also when I go into audits and I switch dipswitch 4 on, I do not get the binging noise. There is also no noise when I add credits. The other thing I found is that if there is credits on the game and I turn it off, the credits reset. And finally, when I go into display tests all but one display cycle through the numbers. One of them stays at 00000000. Could this be why when a game is started, there is no blinking display to indicate what player is up?

Hi,
IC4 is normally a 6514 but even 2114 is ok in terms of game functioning, but with a 2114 you would kill the battery therefore should not use 2114 in IC4. IC5 is a 2114 and works strictly together with IC4.
I have never seen a Pinitech nvram in real but I assume it works ok like all nvram for 6514 replacement.

Regarding your problems it look to me as you could have a problem in the output memory area, most probably the main output memory which is a 2101(IC23) or some components around it.

Cannot really help more from here.
Gianfri

1 week later
#877 4 years ago

1980 Zaccaria Space Shuttle

zac_spaceshuttle1 (resized).jpg

#878 4 years ago

I am looking for the flipper plunjers (all of them!) for a soccer kings.
The machine was used for parts and I don't know witch length they are.
I already noticed that the flipper coils are seated on Williams brackets and have those.
But the Zaccaria plunjers I have are to short.

#879 4 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Hi,
IC4 is normally a 6514 but even 2114 is ok in terms of game functioning, but with a 2114 you would kill the battery therefore should not use 2114 in IC4. IC5 is a 2114 and works strictly together with IC4.
I have never seen a Pinitech nvram in real but I assume it works ok like all nvram for 6514 replacement.
Regarding your problems it look to me as you could have a problem in the output memory area, most probably the main output memory which is a 2101(IC23) or some components around it.
Cannot really help more from here.
Gianfri

replaced IC23. still not working. I think I need to just send my boards out for repair

#880 4 years ago
Quoted from wizardblom:

I am looking for the flipper plunjers (all of them!) for a soccer kings.
The machine was used for parts and I don't know witch length they are.
I already noticed that the flipper coils are seated on Williams brackets and have those.
But the Zaccaria plunjers I have are to short.

Could you post a picture?

#881 4 years ago

What the hell is an acceptable compression spring to use for Farfalla flippers? The only ones I have keep sliding over the edge of the flipper linkage, wrapping around the backside, and not letting the flipper return. It's been pissing me off for months, nobody's been any help at all with part numbers or anything, and frankly, I'm trying to sell the damn thing to pay off some debt. Some *actual info* would me MUCH APPRECIATED.

#882 4 years ago

First off, Zaccaria games are hard to find parts. You sometimes get lucky from another owner, or interchange rarely with williams parts. With that said, maybe something like this would work. I had spares but have no idea where they are, probably gave them to the guy that bought alot of zac parts from me.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-135

page 18 shows the flipper spring
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/824/Zaccaria_1983_Farfalla_Manual.pdf

Quoted from Frax:

What the hell is an acceptable compression spring to use for Farfalla flippers? The only ones I have keep sliding over the edge of the flipper linkage, wrapping around the backside, and not letting the flipper return. It's been pissing me off for months, nobody's been any help at all with part numbers or anything, and frankly, I'm trying to sell the damn thing to pay off some debt. Some *actual info* would me MUCH APPRECIATED.

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Farfalla flippers

You need a tapered spring:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-376

Bigger end goes to the coil.

Had the same issue with one of my games too. This fixed the problem.

#884 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

You need a tapered spring:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-376
Bigger end goes to the coil.
Had the same issue with one of my games too. This fixed the problem.

Yeah. I had a tapered spring in there. The small end was still managing to get wrapped around the backside of the pawl and holding the flipper up. Possible that spring was old and the diameter has increased, but I find that unlikely. I've put in a straight compression spring like what luvthatapex2 posted, and it's working. Need some adjustment on my switches but at least it isn't binding up now. Those flipper linkages are a STUPID design. All they needed to do was to have the sides come up a bit more then springs wouldn't be able to slip off the sides. Idiotic.

#885 4 years ago

I ran into the same problems and use a washer/cup which Gottlieb Always uses in their kicker and slingshot mechs. They are very usefull, maybe they can be obtained from Steve Youngs' pinball resource.

It is part nr #6 in the drawing below, part 22233

Clipboard01 (resized).jpg

#886 4 years ago

Huh. That's interesting. I haven't owned any non-EM Gottlieb games, and have never seen that before. I think I've seen the part floating loose in games I've owned previously and I couldn't ever figure out what in the heck it was for...now I know! Great idea.

1 week later
#887 4 years ago

I was wondering if anyone here has ever seen a Shooting the Rapids pop up for sale? I've been looking for one for awhile. Any help would be appreciated.

#888 4 years ago

They come up. Rarely, but they come up. I picked mine up in Canada along with a house of diamonds.

3 weeks later
#889 4 years ago

Is a strike EM rare? And any idea on value? Might pick one up.

#890 4 years ago

Also I have a populated water damaged time machine playfield if anyone needs parts.

#891 4 years ago

Just picked up Stars Phoenix..left flipper stops working after a few min...gotta figure that out.

IMG_1361 (resized).PNG

IMG_1362 (resized).PNG

#892 4 years ago

Finally finished it up for a friend!! Repaired, tuned, LED'ed out, and shopped out. This is the money shot. Ready to be played at the Houston Arcade Expo 2017 in a couple of weeks. I do have the 3rd player display to repair and hope that will be before the show.20171008_123508 (resized).jpg
20171008_123852 (resized).jpg

#893 4 years ago

Any one have a link or part numbers to the trim and lift channels that work best in Farfalla and Time Machine? Both games did not have the plastic trim and both had rusted lift channels.

#895 4 years ago

That looks promising. Thank you.

#896 4 years ago

Hello all i am starting a retauration on a moon flight i am seaching for to thing first a score motor spec 1139 27 volt 28 rpm and a shcematic.
thanks

#897 4 years ago

Here are pics of the zaccaria strike home version I picked up.

20171010_180316 (resized).jpg
20171010_180929 (resized).jpg
20171010_175624 (resized).jpg
20171010_180618 (resized).jpg
20171010_180330 (resized).jpg
20171010_175418 (resized).jpg
20171010_180611 (resized).jpg
20171010_175529 (resized).jpg
20171010_175543 (resized).jpg
image1(3) (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image1(1) (resized).jpeg
image1(2) (resized).jpeg
20171010_175517 (resized).jpg

#898 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Here are pics of the zaccaria strike home version I picked up. It might get turned into a virtual pin.

Dude you cant turn that into a virtual pin. Don't to that to the hobby.

#899 4 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Dude you cant turn that into a virtual pin. Don't to that to the hobby.

Found a guy who's gonna fix it up

#900 4 years ago

Where can i find flippers rebuilt kits for my Farfalla ?
Thanks!

There are 2,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 51.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside