player 2 (resized).jpg
player 1 (resized).jpg
high score (resized).jpg
MPU & driver boards (resized).jpg
credit ball-in-play (resized).jpg
Farfalla2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5399 (resized).jpg
IMG_5400 (resized).jpg
There are 3,449 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 69.
#651 7 years ago

Anyone with a burner. Dave has them on his site for download. If you have a burner you can do it yourself, or order them from dave directly. Easy. pop out 2 or 3 chips, and install the new ones. takes about 5 -10 min. Make sure all the legs are in the holes before pushing it down and make sure they are in the right way and in the correct order. That's it.

#652 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Anyone with a burner. Dave has them on his site for download. If you have a burner you can do it yourself, or order them from dave directly. Easy. pop out 2 or 3 chips, and install the new ones. takes about 5 -10 min. Make sure all the legs are in the holes before pushing it down and make sure they are in the right way and in the correct order. That's it.

Thx I have a burner but I think Ill be lazy and order them.

1 week later
#653 7 years ago

looking for a Pool Champion if someone is looking to sell.

Also looking for a manual for stars phoenix or new stars phoenix. Or a scan of one.

#654 7 years ago

Note: New Star Phoenix uses 1251 flasher bulbs. Not 89's or 67's. Put some LED ones in there, and they were stuck on. Thought I had a board problem. Looked at the flashers I pulled out (eventually), and they are 1251's which are different and not swappable. So there are probably other bulbs also that are used in zacs. So if you are finding a stuck on flasher issue, might be the wrong bulb.

#655 7 years ago

how many Farfalla have been produced?

#656 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

how many Farfalla have been produced?

A lot. Farfalla is the most common out of all the zacs. Up there with Time Machine and Devil riders.

I have found there are around 4 or 5 levels of rarity when it comes to zacs. Common, Uncommon, rare, semi rare and ultra rare. Farfalla is Common.

#657 7 years ago

Can you rank them for us Neo?

#658 7 years ago

How many you think "common" could roughly be? 3000? 7000?

#659 7 years ago

between the US and Europe. There is at least 5k of all the commons. There were Zac distributors in the US. There was one in IA area. Back in the day, they had a big blowout sale and clearancing out NIB for like $500. Hence why there are so many of the commons and semi common around the midwest. I'll rank them a little later. Some of the earlier stuff, I have no idea. As I don't think zacs started to become popular over here until the end of the Gen1 era. So i'd need some input from our friends overseas who see them as common as we see Demo mans and Dr.whos over here.

#660 7 years ago

Here is where the serial number dbase is getting interesting. Depending on the accuracy and number of submissions you can make a judgement of the number of games produced.

http://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=824

http://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=672

For Devil Riders, the range is (at the moment) appr 2500, for Farfalla it is about 1900.

In Holland, the most common Zaccaria's are Soccer Kings and Pinball Champ (82).

Marco

#661 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Note: New Star Phoenix uses 1251 flasher bulbs. Not 89's or 67's. Put some LED ones in there, and they were stuck on. Thought I had a board problem. Looked at the flashers I pulled out (eventually), and they are 1251's which are different and not swappable. So there are probably other bulbs also that are used in zacs. So if you are finding a stuck on flasher issue, might be the wrong bulb.

In Spooky the same....#1251 flashers, connected in series in groups of 2 with a serial resistor, fed by the coil voltage. If one fails both do nothing. If one fails replace them both ..... minor differences between the bulbs make 1 dim and 1 very shiny.

#662 7 years ago

yea, i need to buy some 1251's. I've only owed zacs with flashers in the past year.

#663 7 years ago

Pinball champ has found it's way back into my collection. Pics coming.

Only 4 more needed to complete my full set of Gen 2's. anyone have any contact leads for

Mexico 86
Pool champion
Clown
Blackbelt

let me know. I know there are a ton of Blackbelts out there. Saw many of them before I decided to collect them all. Seen my share of Clown as well. Mexico 86 and pool champion are fairly rare, so I know they will be the harder ones to get out of the ones I still need. Luckily my search or the super rares is complete.

#665 7 years ago

I've seen that..... too expensive, I think...

#666 7 years ago

Ok. Ran into a spinner problem. First time. I guess, zaccaria spinners use a nylon cam attached to the spinner. never really noticed before, because the cam is hidden in a transparent red plastic tower. Recently picked up pinball champ, and the cam is missing. So the spinner spins and the wire just sits there with the spinner shaft spinning inside it. At first I was confused, as I could not understand why they would make it like this, and if it was a defect. Luckily I own enough zacs that I could look at the spinners on some of my other games.

SOB, there is a cam. So come to find out, those cams are needed by a lot of people. So i'm going to attemp to cast the cam and cast it in resin. Problem is. I don't know how the spinner and cam is put together. I'm afraid to take mine apart, because if it's glued in there, and I pull it apart, i could ruin my cam. Anyone know if it's just clicks into the metal shaft with the flat spots? or if it's fused on somehow?

Picture on the bottom is my spinner. Picture on the top is how it's suppose to look.

spinner_with_cam_(resized).jpgspinner_with_cam_(resized).jpg
IMG_7567_(resized).JPGIMG_7567_(resized).JPG

#667 7 years ago

Neo the spinner edge should be oblong. The cam hole is also oblong to accommodate the spinner.

#668 7 years ago

Sounds like a job for a 3D printer...

#669 7 years ago

no, 3d printer is too rough. will not work. Has to be perfectly smooth on the end of the cam or the wire is going to get hung up. this part is really small, so the jagged way 3D printers work, will be intensified with a part this small.

1 week later
#670 7 years ago

Well, I just made the mold for casting the plastic cams for Zaccaria spinners. Lets see how this goes. Pictures to come soon.

#671 7 years ago

Any one have a outer backglass for a Farfalla for sale?

#673 7 years ago

ok zaccaria lovers. I have my first casting of the Spinner cam. Turned out really well. I have to do some customizing of the center shaft because the mold was not able to get all the way down in there due to the size of the part. So i'm going to use a fine drill bit, and try to figure out the perfect size to use, so it's a nice tight fit, without having to use a dab of glue. These are going to be a pain in the ass to make, as I have to try and mix such small quantities of resin, and try to get it in the mold without any air pockets. One bubble could ruin the entire thing. plus they take 30-45 min to cure, so I don't even know if it worked until then. Hard to tell in the pic, but mine will be clear resin, opposed to a opaque white.

They will be $10 shipped to US. (international pays actual shipping).

internet_(resized).jpginternet_(resized).jpg

#674 7 years ago

so far testing has been great. It's working perfectly. Created another mold in which I can get the center shaft perfect as well. Now i'm just having problems getting castings without major air spots.

#675 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so far testing has been great. It's working perfectly. Created another mold in which I can get the center shaft perfect as well. Now i'm just having problems getting castings without major air spots.

is it a two part resin...

This glue gun I used for mixing and injecting Loctite Hysol
The nozzles were 3/$5.00
But so much material and a nozzle would go to waste making 1 part

glue_002_(resized).JPGglue_002_(resized).JPG

#676 7 years ago

So, Looks like Gen 1 uses the same spinner cams as Gen 2. So here is a list of all the games that use this part.

Gen 1.

Fire Mountain
Star God
space shuttle
Hot Wheels
Shooting the Rapids

Gen 2.
Pinball champ
Clown
Zankor

#677 7 years ago

Hello all. I have a Farfalla, and have just picked up a Space Shuttle in Europe for $900. (There is some guy in AZ who has one - he's the guy that won an award with it in CO - but he wants $2900.) At $800 shipping, that's only $400 more than from a generic location in the USA.

Anyway, this Space Shuttle appears to have been originally distributed in Austria, and unfortunately, the coin labels have been scratched out. I'd like to get the labels as per the Austrian coins. I see that there is someone who makes vinyl decals for all the different coins (https://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals/webshop/218779-zaccaria-vinyl), but it seems that the original labels were screen printed like the one Dave Gersic has (http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/). I'd rather have a set of Austrian labels, especially since the lengths of the coin slots match these. I suppose that if I can't find these, I'd need to get the coin slot frames that match Dave's 25c label.

First, I'd like to know if anyone knows of the original label out there, either NOS, repro, or used. I'd also like to know if anyone has used the labels from the easywebshop; I can't tell if they need a clear plastic label or if they are just put right on - or whether they really o an adequate job.

Thanks

#678 7 years ago

what do austrian ones have? If you can show me what they look like, I may have some from austria in my games. I'd trade you for whatever value you have, as I don't care what amounts are on my coin slots.

1 week later
#679 7 years ago

I do not own a Zac but curious how many of you guys have checked out the Zaccaria Pinball on Steam. How does it compare to your actual games?

I am really enjoying it, but would love to know what the real life versions are like in comparison. Since I don't own any, next best thing is to ask the experts!

#680 7 years ago

they are not that close physics wise. But it's better than nothing. least you get a feel for the layout and rules. Nothing beats the real thing. And if you want to see the real thing, you only live 30 min away from me.

#681 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo: And if you want to see the real thing, you only live 30 min away from me.

And you can play some zaccarias as well.

#682 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

And you can play some zaccarias as well.

hehe.... I'm almost too afraid to ask what were you previously implying???

1 week later
#683 7 years ago

I should be getting my Devil Riders back soon.
Can someone with one tell me the height with the head folded down?
I have carried system 11 & wpc in our wagon (snug fit) and I would like to know if the DR will also fit.

Added over 8 years ago: I got the measurement and picked it up...29" tall and it fits just as nicely as a system 11 and a wpc.

1 month later
#684 7 years ago

Hey guys, I picked up a magic castle this summer and I need a few things.

I need a new tube, English roms, English rule cards, manual and schematics.

Hoping someone call tell me where to buy or download these items.

My first zaccaria, I don't know jack about fixing games and my tech has never worked on an zaccaria.

Txs

#685 7 years ago

I just picked up the Pinball Champ that was on Pinside over the weekend at the CLEPIN show.

I am in need of a backglass and a spinner+cam+wire.

So far, I have fixed the sound board (bad PIA) and I have discovered a bad 5514 ram on the MPU.

Everything is working now except a stuck on lamp... Then I will be installing LEDs.

For now, I have hacked in a Willimas spinner with an adapted wireform but it does not work that well.

#686 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Hey guys, I picked up a magic castle this summer and I need a few things.
I need a new tube, English roms, English rule cards, manual and schematics.
Hoping someone call tell me where to buy or download these items.
My first zaccaria, I don't know jack about fixing games and my tech has never worked on an zaccaria.
Txs

http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/gen2/index.html

#687 7 years ago

Hi folks. About to join Team Zaccaria (EM). It might be good to have a separate thread for the EM's... not much in this thread about them. I'll create one when my game arrives.

Two of our VECTOR members have a Combat. Neat game, but one thing I dislike about the EM Zac's is the feeble meep-meep sounds of the electronic board. Aerobatics also uses one and I assume most (all?) of the others do too. I'm thinking about piggybacking a Gottlieb chime unit or maybe some bell units instead.

#688 7 years ago

BTW, has anyone reproed the Z pop caps or is everyone using decals on top of blanks?

#689 7 years ago

I just had a new score display problem pop up. Exactly as described here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/NQoyKLeFuAY

I am going to swap transistors/IC's with a good display to confirm exactly what is bad. Will report findings back here.

#690 7 years ago

And we have our culprit...

Swapped IC2 with a known good one and the display is working again.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#691 7 years ago

Hi Folks, I'm cleaning out some pinball stuff and found a Magic Castle plastic insert and the gate mechanism. The frame on the mech is rusted but the art on the front and the plastic in back look great.

Anyone need these? Shoot me a message.

IMG_5998 (resized).JPGIMG_5998 (resized).JPG

#692 7 years ago

Does anyone know, or have a photo of, what connects the bike rider in the backbox to the motor on Devil Riders? I thought it would be a typical playfield rubber, but it seems to have a much smaller groove, maybe a rubber band? I was working on one that had no band at all and can't seem to get any rubbers to make it work consistently. Thanks.

#693 7 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Does anyone know, or have a photo of, what connects the bike rider in the backbox to the motor on Devil Riders? I thought it would be a typical playfield rubber, but it seems to have a much smaller groove, maybe a rubber band? I was working on one that had no band at all and can't seem to get any rubbers to make it work consistently. Thanks.

It's actually an "o ring" type rubber. Thought there was reference to a compatible size being sold at John Deere tractor supply or Grainger but I can't seem to track down that information.

#694 7 years ago

Anyone know where I can order a neon tube for mc?

#695 7 years ago

On Devil Riders, the right ramp wouldn't drop, and the right outlane switch wouldn't allow the drain flipper to flip.

The O ring on the backbox rider was broken, so while I was testing that I noticed that the left drop target bank wasn't scoring. Right Targets don't either. Both banks 'work' even when being dropped by the targets behind the pop bumpers. Because so many things aren't working, I'm wondering what's going on with the boards. The game plays, and I think most people wouldn't even really notice the right ramp and right drain flipper. Not really sure where to start.

Also, the ramp posts or whatever you call the thing that raises and lowers the ramps don't seem to lock into position. The left one, the working one, seems to just be held by pressure pressing again a plastic bar. I haven't dug too deep yet because I'm afraid if I clean it it won't stay down at all.

Hope that's not all nonsense, and if anyone has a place to point to as a starting area, that would be a great help. Thanks.

#696 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

It's actually an "o ring" type rubber. Thought there was reference to a compatible size being sold at John Deere tractor supply or Grainger but I can't seem to track down that information.

I bought several O rings, and 1.5" is too tight, 2" is too loose. Going to try and find a 1.75" ring and hope that works. The OD to OD is around 2 3/8" if I remember right.

#697 7 years ago

I'm in :

IMG_20160927_060313[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20160927_060313[1] (resized).jpg

IMG_20160927_060316 (resized).jpgIMG_20160927_060316 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160927_060313 (resized).jpgIMG_20160927_060313 (resized).jpg

#698 7 years ago

Welcome back! Your king of diamonds, and shooting the rapids are still alive and kicking.

1 week later
#699 7 years ago

My first pinball machine is the EM "Queens Castle" from 1978. I'd love to know how many were made as later on in 1978 the game was turned into the solid state "King of Diamonds" so can't be too many of them kicking around surely?

IMAG0557 (resized).jpgIMAG0557 (resized).jpg

#700 7 years ago

Quick picture request for a shot of the fuses around the transformer of Devil Riders.

We may be missing something on ours in that area.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,449 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome/page/14?hl=backyardace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.